What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: July 2012

13»

Comments

• rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    If I do not see season six in the main game soon, within a matter of a few days, I will most likely not be around for a season seven. As someone who is a casual player, I think the gap in between season five and six is already too long. Unless they start implementing new content soon, I may end up finding another game to play.

Perfect World should skip the testing server, so they can get new content out faster. Beta testing can always be done in house. I have been playing "Star Trek: Online" since around February. Approximately two to three months ago, my attention had started to change gears.

I do not think I can hold on too much longer.

I think it might be too late. Many of the people I know are already talking about leaving, for they feel season six is still too far away from being released. Its just a matter of a few days or a few hours.

Perfect World only has a three day window of opportunity, and then I will decide upon my next course of action.

Do I stay? Do I go? *shrugs* I will have to wait an see what happens next.

How about a release date for season six?

That's not entirely realistic, most patches come on Friday. I'm betting we'll see season six around the 27th. There's an outside chance it may be the 20th, but the fact they're having a test weekend is a good sign it's coming within a few weeks.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can these problems with Fleet creation and testing be addressed?

Your Fleet doesn't transfer to Tribble with your Toon even if you are the Leader.

You can't create a Fleet with new people on Holodeck or Tribble until they spend 20 hours playing.

Because of the conversion from C-Points to Zen on Tribble, you can't buy a Z-Point and get around that.

Your Zen balance isn't transferred to Tribble Store?

The Dilithium Exchange is disabled on Tribble?

Seems to me they might want to fix all of these things to make the game more new user friendly.
  • max1002max1002 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In this brand-new edition of Ask Cryptic, Executive Producer Dan Stahl delivers answers to player submitted questions.

Link to the article.

I Can't wait for season 6 to come out, I'm loving the new features :D
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I can't wait for Season 6 to come out because my Fleet can't test out the new features on Tribble.

See above post.
  • nightodie713nightodie713 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    One question that never seems to be answered is the one about the "Defend the Sector" accolades and missions. These missions were disabled a while back, will they ever be put back into the game because I would like to be able to get those accolades that are tied to those missions .....

Also the same type of question about the DS9 Fleet mission that disappeared ....

I would like to see these back in the game so I can get the accolades and trophies for them!!!!

Thanks!
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited July 2012
    overlapo wrote: »
    That is either the best news for those that were hoping for a Romulan faction or the biggest piece of trolling ever.

Let's just hope he means "Full featured faction" and not "Duty officer specific faction". Remember, we still have a half-baked, "PvP specific faction" ingame.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited July 2012
    I like the part where he almost sounds bothered by the request for a card game. They put the freakin' empty card table in with ship interiors, implying that someday, you'd be able to play cards with at least your Boffs, let alone other captains. Now he's saying it won't happen, unless someone wants to do it in their "spare time". Because that's what everyone who has a job wants to do. Stuff for their job, in their "spare time", and not get paid for it. Not to mention, he makes it sound like they'd have to re-write the game to make it happen. I can play cards on my cell phone. The real problem at Cryptic, I suspect, is they keep trying to switch horses, mid-race. Remember when they got rid of all the badges, marks, emblems etc...? In an effort to streamline the currency system, we were going to go with 3 means of exchange. ECs, Latinum, and Dilithium. Fine. Sounds good. Except now how many different forms of currency are ingame? We have lobis. We have all the STF borg drops. And now, marks have been re-introduced in the form of Fleet Marks. Yet Latinum, which buys nothing except for some vanity items you can display in a social hub that nobody uses, or spends any time in, except for scooping Doff missions, (And honestly it is a stomach cramp having to run around different areas of the ship for these, when they should all be available from the ready room console. Another attempt by Cryptic to get people to actually use a half-baked ship interior idea) remains largely underutilized.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    C'mon DStahl.. we have been asking for this since day 1 and have even stated that we would pay for it. Some of us still have day 1 ships that we didn't know how to spec into because there wasn't enough information either from cryptic within tooltips in game nor anywhere else. I refuse to build another toon just to grind my way to the top again with all the grinding that now exists in STO. It is quite simple. Assign a database/programmer to the project and "make it so" I'll kindly go without a "redesign of a combadge" for a little while longer and promise I won't get upset!
    Q: (ofallon) Why does a feature such as reselecting your species or traits need to be tied to a ?Season?? Dstahl: Anytime we want to make underlying changes to the way the game works, it inevitably requires software programming. In order to allow the software programmers the time they need to ensure this type of major feature doesn?t completely destroy existing character data, that work is done in a software branch different than the ?live? game on Holodeck. This allows programmers to alter data structures and database functions in safety. Any time you are making these changes you run the risk of potentially destroy character data by introducing nasty bugs. ?Seasons? are STO?s name for updates or expansions to the game that typically involve releasing one of these software code branches into the live environment in a safe manner. This is why allowing players to reselect very basic information about themselves such as their species and traits needs to be done in a future ?Season? and can?t be done over the course of a few weeks. It needs to be tested and verified on the internal database to ensure data corruption isn?t an issue.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Ok I read that and basically what I took from it is more in regards to adding Klingon only sectors and making them totally different from the Federation. That doesn't mean we can't get a Romulan faction along the current state of the KDF, sharing certain sectors and missions.

Jolan'try my friend I agree 100% with you on that. :)
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My question more than likely just sparked the idea of putting in for a few reasons they possibly thought of when reading it.

1. That they could put every single Star Trek ship not in the game yet in a lockbox and make it OP as possible.

2. Any existing ship that so many people have already bought can be made OP in a lockbox and people would pay dearly to have a b'rel with 50k hull and 2 commander universal slots instead of Cmdr and LC so the feds would have access to a battle cloak of some type.

3. They can make 10 missions copy and paste the rest of the kdf stuff and call it a new faction and get what they can out of it.

In all what we will get is these factions but they will just be knock off cut and pastes and not much time put into them unless they some how start to surprise me in the way they do their content.
  • surak28surak28 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I don't know if it has been asked before in an "Ask Cryptic" before but has there been any information on the Enterprise-E and if she will ever appear in the game?
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Let's just hope he means "Full featured faction" and not "Duty officer specific faction". Remember, we still have a half-baked, "PvP specific faction" ingame.

I personally kind of gave up on the idea of a full featured Romulan faction a long time ago TBH.
    Not because I think Cryptic won't do it, but because I think they simply don't have the resources TO DO IT, AND deliver content to the rest of the folks who may not be interested in playing Romulans.

Too bad, I bet Romulans would be pretty popular too. :(

I'd love to be wrong.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    We ask these questions to get definitive answers.....not really looking for vague ones.......

Boff exchange, transfer, trade, train (including bound Boffs) last mentioned this was a season 6 feature?

I thought it was going to be part of the (non) account wide bank so we could at least train Boffs with the
    Captains on our own account.....but once again a fail, and another failed opportunity.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    has there been any mention of increase shield regeneration?
    edited July 2012
    raj011 wrote: »
    has there been any mention of increase shield regeneration?

If anything the way these changes that claim to be for revamping things are just nerfs left and right I wouldn't expect to see anything increased ever again.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There is no point in making a Romulan faction until they sort KDF which is never going to happen in this games lifetime. Which is really depressing as there is more Klingon fans than there is FED or Romulan fans and the reason there is little action in KDF as there is no or unfinished content in the two years the game has been active
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    There is no point in making a Romulan faction until they sort KDF which is never going to happen in this games lifetime. Which is really depressing as there is more Klingon fans than there is FED or Romulan fans and the reason there is little action in KDF as there is no or unfinished content in the two years the game has been active

Yeah difference is that it takes a true KDF fan to play it in its state as it is. Most players tho will not play an unfinished faction though which then cryptic has publically blamed the player base for not playing it all though it is their job to finish it which they have not.
  • roguepaladinroguepaladin Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ...we have kept the limitations on being in a Fleet very low so that even if you are a Fleet of yourself plus Alts...

When/how have they done this? I thought it took a minimum of 5 players teamed together at the same time in order to form a fleet. That's not "yourself plus alts," is this something they're changing after all?
  • jamiedarcyjamiedarcy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hi new to the forum, so sorry if its been posted before but any news of further ranks after vice - admiral ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When/how have they done this? I thought it took a minimum of 5 players teamed together at the same time in order to form a fleet. That's not "yourself plus alts," is this something they're changing after all?

no you still need 5 players to start a fleet, but you can kick them from fleet right after starting it, and send invites to your alts.

I f you check zone chat on ESD i m sure there ll be more people looking to start 1 person fleets once S6 is live
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    If it keeps being raised at every single AskCryptic, and regularly discussed by the community in the forums, WHY is it such a low priority that it needs Spare Time to develop it?
    Because it's Poker.

If you wanted a good poker game, there's plenty of specialized software already available elsewhere. They're clearly not going to compete with actual poker video games in terms of complexity and options, so it's just going to be a mini-game. Which is hardly a priority.