test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CBS approved a T5 Miranda but not Connie?

th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Apparently I misunderstood what was said, so to prevent further misunderstanding I am editing this post. The Miranda being added to the fleet store is T1, not T5.

The.Grand.Nagus
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by th3gr4ndnagu5 on

Comments

• jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was quite sure he said that there would be no T1 ships in the Fleet Store, which included the Miranda. Could you point me to the quote that says otherwise?
  • wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    In The same interview he also said that anything concerning the Connie with CBS is a sensitive subject and a no go.
    Wixiban.png
  • wixibanwixiban Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Miranda Light Cruiser has been added to the ship store.

from the tribble patch notes

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=289471
    Wixiban.png
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    FWIW: Miranda was fighting the Dominion and the Borg. Connie was never seen again after TUC.

Flimsy justification, sure. But justification nonetheless.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    FWIW: Miranda was fighting the Dominion and the Borg. Connie was never seen again after TUC.

That is the Tier 1 Miranda though, people were wanting to be able to get them back after they discharged them.
  • th3gr4ndnagu5th3gr4ndnagu5 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Apparently I misunderstood what was said, so to prevent further misunderstanding I am editing this post. The Miranda being added to the fleet store is T1, not T5.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe I need to relisten to the shipyard supplemental, but the way I understood it, he said quite soundly that there were going to be no T1 ships in the Fleet Store. Later in the interview, he got talked into adding them to the basic ship store for Dil so players who accidentally dismissed their Mirandas or who wanted them back could get them.

One of us has evidently misinterpreted or misheard something, my good man.
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    He did at first, but apparently changed his mind later on in the interview. Which is strange if CBS has to make the decision, not him.

There was no mind changing, he was talking about adding the normal Tier 1 Miranda into the ship store buyable with Dilithium, in case a player who dismissed their starter ship wanted one back for whatever reason.

But, frankly, old Al has some pretty daft ideas about what ships he wants to include, so I really hope CBS don't cave in on this(T5 connie) or the Wells class.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    edited July 2012

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yep, all they did was allow folks to get a Miranda again, since you've never been able to if you dismissed the original. It has been asked for by folks for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Like I said, he originally said no Miranda, but changed his mind later on. And FYI, the Connie is T2. The T1 is the TOS version that was a pre-order reward and can now be purchased in the C-store.

Herein lies the crux of your quest's difficulty. The Constitution class is both Tier 1 and Tier 2. Thanks to Star Trek canon (insert holy sound here). The Original Series Enterprise (no bloody A, B, C, or D) and the Motion Picture Enterprise, most commonly referred to as the 1701-A are both the same class.

Yes, there's some non-canon sources (I'm looking at you Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise) that call the 1701-A an Enterprise class.

So when you're arguing for a T5 Connie. How are we to know which one it is? Personally, I have no interest in a T5 TOS Connie. I'd let a T5 TMP Connie slide. But that's me.

That said. If the Tier 2 ships are in there. Boom, T5 Constitution - movie style.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Like I said, he originally said no Miranda, but changed his mind later on. And FYI, the Connie is T2. The T1 is the TOS version that was a pre-order reward and can now be purchased in the C-store.

Maybe he just misremembered and corrected himself later on? I mean it happens.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Afraid you are wrong.

There was a Consitution that fought in the Battle of Wolf 359 and one was spotted in the Final Battle in the Dominion War. (They snuck in the CGI Consitution as part of a joke like they did with the Millienum Falcon in First Contact and the Enterprise in one of the Star Wars Prequels).

But pretty much there were few Consitutions around and they mostly been decommissioned. While the Miranda, well there thousands of them and was still being made.
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    Yep, all they did was allow folks to get a Miranda again, since you've never been able to if you dismissed the original. It has been asked for by folks for a long time.

That may be what he meant, but he said nothing about the dilithium store and they had been talking about the fleet store prior to his statement.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oracle54oracle54 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's also what actually happened.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Exeter and Excalibur are 25th century ships. There should be Refits to upgrade them to T5. Its easy to imagine them as light, maneuverable, attack cruisers with less hull and shield capacity. (Kinda like the Galor)
  • mastergenera1mastergenera1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember the question being,will we see refitted low tier ships in the fleet store. answer was yes T2 nova sabre and exeter become refitted T5s,connie is a hot topic so no and then the host mentioned that the players wanted a purchasable miranda, so al said he will see about putting it in the D-store

They put a T5 connie in the store then i want an eagle 5 btw.
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. - Thomas Jefferson
    edited July 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    The Exeter and Excalibur are 25th century ships. There should be Refits to upgrade them to T5. Its easy to imagine them as light, maneuverable, attack cruisers with less hull and shield capacity. (Kinda like the Galor)

This is true. If the Saber has a T5 version the Exeter/Excal definitely should.

The.Grand.Nagus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I remember the question being,will we see refitted low tier ships in the fleet store. answer was yes T2 nova sabre and exeter become refitted T5s,

If thats true then the upgraded Exeter basically is a T5 Connie. Cool, good enough for me!
  • bigbear2019bigbear2019 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Ok both the TOS T1 ship and the T2 (Movie Ship) are Connies. The T2 ship (again the movie ship) was the TOS ship upgraded *NCC - 1701* I really wish people would separate the version they are talking about. T1 = TOS T2 = Movie's 1 and 2. Movies 3 through 6 NCC - 1701A was a Connie as well. My point is ther are all Connie's please just advise TOS or Movie so people can get a clear picture in their minds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its a misinterpretation of what he said.

He was speaking that no T1 ships would be in the Fleet Store.

Then a later question asked when the Light Cruiser would be added to the Regular Ship Store, the T1, no retrofit version. He said it would be put in, it is now.

The confusion arises from the framing of the remarks.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its a misinterpretation of what he said.

He was speaking that no T1 ships would be in the Fleet Store.

Then a later question asked when the Light Cruiser would be added to the Regular Ship Store, the T1, no retrofit version. He said it would be put in, it is now.

The confusion arises from the framing of the remarks.

Agreed. this has been pissing me off for a while as well.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913
  • cptwilliam2cptwilliam2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly the Tier system is need of a massive revamp, the interview basically spelled out the massive mistake that was rushing the game on the superhero engine.
    Join Legends Memorial, a chat channel to share stories about the legends of Trek who are no longer with us.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Honestly the Tier system is need of a massive revamp, the interview basically spelled out the massive mistake that was rushing the game on the superhero engine.

Agreed. It does need a revamp.

If they are letting us have T2 and T3 refits at endgame now, then they might as well let us keep the ship we like and upgrade it as we level.
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First of all...holy **** I've been trying to get onto the forums all day but an error kept coming up after I attempted ot log in...

...ok,
    Cryptic is either out for more money or simply doesn't give a damn if a T5 Miranda is being put in the game.....it better look nothing like the T1 version but only a small hint that it evolved from the miranda.

And....we got our higher tier connies alrady for those who are still crying. :rolleyes:
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012

The Miranda added to the ship store is the Tier 1 version for people who discharged them.

As for the T5 Connie, he has definitively said no to the TOS version, which has dominated most of the T5 talk. We have never heard clarification on whether the T2 version will be available.
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    Cryptic is either out for more money or simply doesn't give a damn if a T5 Miranda is being put in the game.....it better look nothing like the T1 version but only a small hint that it evolved from the miranda.

Like the Nebula class? :p
  • forrestorocksforrestorocks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Technically there were several connies that fought in wolf 359 ( their debris was seen) and they appeared a few times through out the dominion war. Now they were used more as background filler, but are technically canon that way nonetheless.
    Player since Dec 2009!
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Technically there were several connies that fought in wolf 359 ( their debris was seen) and they appeared a few times through out the dominion war. Now they were used more as background filler, but are technically canon that way nonetheless.

Only one was seen at Wolf 359. It was the same filming model they use for the self destructed 1701 Enterprise. It was never seen in the Dominion Wars.
  • jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Canon, non-canon arguments are moot. The basic thing is, this is a F2P game that needs to make money. People have time and time again said they would spend money on this ship. Cryptic and CBS must not like money, because they are losing it for not putting atleast the TMP connie at T5. No t-1..ok...its universal...but to not include the t2 connie as well is ridiculous. I mean the stargazer is t5 and that is basically made of the same components as the connie.
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
This discussion has been closed.