test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there's a BIG difference between 'truly done' and 'alpha stage'...and most of the stuff on tribble, particularly the iconian resistance gear as the weapons don't even have visuals yet, is still in an alpha stage
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Often stuff I test on server too is sometimes not as far along as what I really have because I test only certain aspects at once. So not always the whole thing so can look more incomplete than what I am making really is, and there are good but hard to explain reasons to that, developing any kind of content is not as clear cut of a process as many think it is and never is.

Though, I really want a Herald boff, this is one exception I'd make among my all Caitian crew. I like aliens that look a bit more than just humans wearing halloween masks. And these are much cooler than usual among less than human looking sort! Very good head designs.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And that is why I play cats in the first place. And it is also one thing I prefer about Star Wars. Caitians/Ferasans, Ithorians, and Yoda things, those are very unique creatures that are quite obviously NOT humans.

Star Trek? Orions are nothing more than humans with green skin. Vulcans are humans with pointy ears. Andorians are humans with sticks growing out of their heads. Klingons are primitive humans with lobsters on their heads. EVERYTHING is human.

At least with Gorn and Caitians/Ferasans, you have SOMETHING that is clearly NOT human. Cryptic, are you following this? We need more non-human things.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited April 2015
    you forgot trandoshians, talortai, barabels, shistavanens, talz, bothans, quarren, mon calamari, wookiees, chazrach, ssi-ruuk, ewoks, selkath, rakatans...there are a lot of non-humanoid aliens in star wars - far more than star trek, that's for sure, and far too many for me to list

so i just picked the ones that came to mind
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited April 2015
    I still like certain alien styles above others. Takes more than just being alien looking to grab my interest. The Heralds just happen to be one of those examples I like above most out there. I also like their ships a great deal as exotic looking they are, but from the sound of the blog describing Herald ships I'm not sure there will be a science option which irritates me greatly, grrrr.
    edited April 2015
    nothing says 'scientific' like opening a gateway to an active pulsar or CME

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    nothing says 'scientific' like opening a gateway to an active pulsar or CME

I know, that's why I was baffled that nothing was described as a science vessel when they listed all the ships....
    edited April 2015
    maybe because they don't need nearly as much science capability crammed into their ships as the other races when they can just open gateways

gravity well? gate to a black hole

jam sensors or sensor scramble? pick any of the nebulae or anomalies throughout star trek that had sensor disrupting properties

transfer shield strength? metaphasic nebula

viral matrix? that one should be obvious

tachyon beam, charged particle burst and any similar power? same as jam/scramble sensors

#LegalizeAwoo

• loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    And my interwebz finally got fixed. After two weeks. How's the Iconian bashing going? Did Sela escape again?
    edited April 2015
    we haven't started yet, i wet myself at the end of Uneasy Allies after seeing the amount of ships in the andromeda sphere, and yes, she did

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    Sela cannot be truly captured. She makes you think you are in control.
    you forgot
    I didn't forget. I was just naming a few examples. But I will admit that Wookiees are among my most-loved. Someone was smart enough to make a "Playable Wookiee" mod for Knights of the Old Republic 2, and that instantly became the only species I used.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited April 2015
    and if TOR ever makes the shistavanens or any other sufficiently wolflike race playable and they actually look decent, i will be downloading it the second they become available for play - to hell with the extremely obvious and transparent money milking and the fact that EA is in charge of it

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    I am as much a Star Wars nerd as the next guy. But the simple fact that TOR is EA is why I have not downloaded it. And it is why I will continue to ignore its very existence. I don't care if they ever do add Wookiees or Yodathings to their playable species list. I'm not going to touch anything EA.
    edited April 2015
    I would love to see a proper Star Wars MMO set in the Imperial or even post Imperial era. Now that would truly pique my interest. Just hope whoever makes it is a competent MMO company, like PWE. And yes, I just called PWE competent, because PWE is still better and more fair than any I've seen yet.
    edited April 2015
    Something like the modern take on Star Wars:Galaxies would be perfect. You get to choose which path you take. You don't start as a Jedi or somesuch. You start as just a simple townsfolk. And when you start a certain path, you work your way into that career, and then work your way up the ranks. And you can craft fancy guns and lightsabers.

I want that to return.
    edited April 2015
    so why not just play galaxies, then? there are private servers hosting it, though you do have to have the emulator program for it

it does have everything from galaxies except the NGE junk, however

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    I had no idea that was a thing. What is this sorcery?
    edited April 2015
    yep, it's a thing, and there are actually several different emulator programs; this is the emulator i was using; i think it's the most up-to-date one, though i can't be sure as this was the only one i ever used

http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=179-Install-SWGEmu

it's a bit tricky to get it installed and running, but as long as the directions in the above link are followed exactly, there shouldn't be any major issues

#LegalizeAwoo

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's here, and you get to hear everyone's favorite male lion villain as Batman's butler :D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfUnkBfdZ4
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited April 2015
    http://sta.sh/0jjhsgjy9fv

It's too good.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited April 2015
    [Combat (Self)] Your Phased Polaron Beam deals 666 Polaron Damage to Kazon Cruiser.

I love my ship! :D
    edited April 2015
    how do you even catch those numbers among thousands of others over the course of a single battle?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    I saw 666 flash above the thing. So I copied the list into Notebook, and searched for "666."
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

Got to love Nightforager's stuff, some of their work is used by other CSP members for their avatars on the CSP web forum.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Got to love Nightforager's stuff, some of their work is used by other CSP members for their avatars on the CSP web forum.

Finally, someone comments on his work!
    edited April 2015
    Yay for no mission bugs! At least for me! They did better this time with QA compared to Uneasy Allies. I liked the first new mission, was quite interesting and we see more of the Iconian(s?). Second one imo was sorta boring but at least it wasn't a shuttle mission, I was terrified that it would be at first when I saw the name of it!
    edited April 2015
    kyubi...the iaidon dreadnoughts are planetbusters

i think i didn't wet myself enough back in that sphere

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015
    All ships are technically potential planet killers, I'd be disappointed in any trek ship that can't. Planets just have plot armor like everything that needs it tends to have.
    edited April 2015
    glassing a planet, maybe, but actually destroying it? that takes immense amounts of energy

#LegalizeAwoo

edited April 2015