Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Where did you get that from? :eek:

P.S. Do you still play NW?
    what major power after romulans is going to be the next most popular...and isn't the borg? that's where i got it from
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    what major power after romulans is going to be the next most popular...and isn't the borg? that's where i got it from

Ah, I hoped you have some insider info. :D
    I'm waiting for the Cardassians since.....forever. :)
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited January 2014
    and i was waiting for the romulans since forever...of course, what we got wasn't what i expected, but in the end, it worked out far better for being the republic instead of the star empire

however, if you want insider info, the next lockbox is hirogen
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited January 2014
    and i was waiting for the romulans since forever...of course, what we got wasn't what i expected, but in the end, it worked out far better for being the republic instead of the star empire

however, if you want insider info, the next lockbox is hirogen

I agree on the Republic, although I'd prefer it to be a fully fledged faction. I was kinda' hoping for a 3-way PvP fiesta in Ker'rat. :)
    However I would love to have a Cardassian faction even it is based off the Romulan Republic model, I'm not even sure any more that they will ever make one. :(

I know about the Hirogen, they actually did a very good job on the Apex battleship. From the leaked pics I saw it's exactly like the one from Voyager. Rumor has it that it'll have aft DHCs. :eek:
    I just thought with all the leaks these days, maybe someone found out they're preparing the Cardassians, like people found out about the Romulans.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seems a funny catch 22, Cardassians are more popular choice for next faction with most people, but probably the hardest to create for and make on par with Romulans, with the lesser popular idea of liberated Borg faction being the only other real contender but has much more potential for fresh new gameplay mechanics and new unique ships not already lock-boxed and all that.

The potential of a liberated Borg faction would blow Cardassians out of the water if done right.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Scars of the Pride nears completion for part 2.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • thedodgehopperthedodgehopper Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Seems a funny catch 22, Cardassians are more popular choice for next faction with most people, but probably the hardest to create for and make on par with Romulans, with the lesser popular idea of liberated Borg faction being the only other real contender but has much more potential for fresh new gameplay mechanics and new unique ships not already lock-boxed and all that.

The potential of a liberated Borg faction would blow Cardassians out of the water if done right.

Actually I think a Dominion Faction would be a far more interesting alternative. They'd also make a better 'Enemy Faction' than the Klingons. When it comes down to it, Klingons are a lot of bluster, but their at least pretense of Honor gets in the way of them being as nasty as they could be. The Dominion are cold and brutal, and have beautiful ships. They also have some strange races, that could be quite fun. I don't know if they'd want the player to be the Liquid folk, but certainly Jem'hadar and Vorta could be interesting. Do I think True Way should be involved? I don't know. The True Way are idiots. The Dominion battered and ruined what was once their great society. I can see Cardassians not liking how close their society has come toward the Federation but by the same token the Federation has done a lot to help them. I just don't see them as complete a faction as something like the Dominion could be. I suppose of the Cardies were partial factioned like the Romulans it might work.

Me personally, I love the Romulan storyline but I think it needs to close out with the Federatio n and Klingon war ending. Otherwise you're going to have way too much internal strife.

At any regard my vote is for Dominion as a faction. Beautiful ships. Cool races. Alien and brutal lifestyles. Great Adversary faction.
    edited January 2014
    Cardassians have the advantage of completely fitting the manner of which Cryptic has declared is going to bring factions to STO, if they ever do it again. They are half-broken, not really on their feet again and the whole alliance thing would seem fit, even if I don't personally like it.

The Dominion...yeah not so much. I'd love it as a standalone faction, but if they make the Dominion have to be under the Fedration/KDS's wings it would just be a bad joke. I mean, come on, the Dominion almost subjugated the entire Alpha Quadrant with only a small portion of their actual forces. It took the 3 most prominent A/B Quadrant powers, plus the treachery of the 4-th major power to prevent that. Heck, in 'Sphere of Influence' there are hints that even the Iconians are wary of the Dominion.
    Making this faction a sidekick of the Federation or KDF would be an epic fail IMHO.

Liberated Borg.....well I guess my stance on Borg is all but known by now. Kitsune mentioned the potential 'if done right'. I'm betting a milion quatloos right now that if they do it, it won't be done right.
    Borg standalone faction, with different game mechanics for those who play it? Sure, why not.
    But deep down I just know that if Cryptic makes a Lib.Borg faction, it'll end up as a joke.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited January 2014
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited January 2014
    edited January 2014
    This song might actually match the final battle of my series with Scar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCbUUse-zQ
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fun'n'y story. So I was drin'kin'g a beverage at my computer while playin'g some min'ecraft when' all of the sudden', it slips out of my han'd an'd lan'ds on' my keyboard causin'g it to glitch out. I n'ow get weird results when' I hit differen't keys an'd my backspace button' n'o lon'ger works.

I in'ten'd to replace it this weeken'd an'd hopefully get back on' STO (been' sort of burn'ed out on' it lately). With the an'n'iversary comin'g up, I don'n't wan't to miss it.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Welcome back!
  • oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Fun'n'y story. So I was drin'kin'g a beverage at my computer while playin'g some min'ecraft when' all of the sudden', it slips out of my han'd an'd lan'ds on' my keyboard causin'g it to glitch out. I n'ow get weird results when' I hit differen't keys an'd my backspace button' n'o lon'ger works.

I in'ten'd to replace it this weeken'd an'd hopefully get back on' STO (been' sort of burn'ed out on' it lately). With the an'n'iversary comin'g up, I don'n't wan't to miss it.

Ou'ch. Tha't must ha've hurt. I get ner'vous when ev'er my wife lean's ove'er my compu'ter with a drink.

Yeah.... Sorry, I don't think that will catch on. It's kind of a pain to have to put in the apostrophe like that.
    edited January 2014
    First reward is a limited edition autographed statue of Zira for the anniversary :p.

Nah, it's a horta, the acid one.
  • stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited January 2014

Wel'co'me bac'k!

To m'ake it ea'sie'r on y'ou I'll spea'k in y'ou'r lang'ua'ge.
    Wa's it a n'orma'l keyb'oard? If ye's, you mi'ght try' to wa'sh it ou't wi'th wat'er (no tap) an'd wr'ap it in a t'owe'l (ONLY when it's disconnected!!!). The'n lay it ov'er a low hea't so'urce (a usual heater) to let the wa'ter t'urn into va'por whic'h wh'ill be ab'sorb'ed by th'e tow'el.

On'e thin'g th'ough; I giv'e you no gua'rant'ees. I've do'ne this tw'ice an'd it work'ed fin'e for me.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

I call it, the Stoutes paradox.
    edited January 2014
    Anyhow, it seems thet the n and ' are stuck together, was it some kind of soda or (sticky) beverage? Did it contained any kind of sugar.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf
    That's quite the paradox, how could you nerf nerf when the nerf is nerfed. But how would the nerf be nerfed when the nerf is nerfed? This allows the nerf not to be nerfed since the nerf is nerfed? But if the nerf isn't nerfed, it could still nerf nerfs. But as soon as the nerf is nerfed, the nerf power is lost. So paradoxally it the nerf nerf lost its nerf, while it's still nerfed, which cannot be because the nerf was unable to nerf.

• oldkirkfanoldkirkfan Member Posts: 1,263 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    stoutes wrote: »
    Anyhow, it seems thet the n and ' are stuck together, was it some kind of soda or (sticky) beverage? Did it contained any kind of sugar.

He's on a diet, so it shouldn't of had sugar in it.

Right Bob....? ;)
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    oldkirkfan wrote: »
    He's on a diet, so it shouldn't of had sugar in it.

Right Bob....? ;)

No sugar. Unless you count fermented.

Keys that stuck together: n'N"n'N" an'd \z|Z\z|Z Plus my Del and End keys are stuck together.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    No sugar. Unless you count fermented.

Keys that stuck together: n'N"n'N" an'd \z|Z\z|Z Plus my Del and End keys are stuck together.

Le beer? :D ... Yeah that sticks..
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited January 2014
    Can get an exclusive outfit through ARC now.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1085801
    edited January 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Can get an exclusive outfit through ARC now.
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1085801

I would much rather touch ...
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited January 2014
    I shall use Khan's outfit on Scar until I get him end-game armor.
    edited January 2014
    *sigh* looks like i'm going to be getting ARC sooner than expected if they're starting to offer free stuff through it...thankfully, i can hold off for a while yet, since i already have the WOK uniform

#LegalizeAwoo

edited January 2014
    *sigh* looks like i'm going to be getting ARC sooner than expected if they're starting to offer free stuff through it...thankfully, i can hold off for a while yet, since i already have the WOK uniform

Noooo, it's new. It's the actual Khan outfit.
    edited January 2014
    wait, what? it isn't the WOK uniform that's already in the store?

#LegalizeAwoo

edited January 2014
    It's the costume which Khan actually wore.
    Nerf is OP, plz nerf

edited January 2014
    Meh, can't wear the female version on Zira.
    edited January 2014
    yeah, m'rekka already confirmed it wasn't the WOK uniform...and i went and got ARC immediately after
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Meh, can't wear the female version on Zira.
    why not? it says in the ingame mail that it's for both genders and doesn't mention any racial restrictions

#LegalizeAwoo

edited January 2014
    yeah, m'rekka already confirmed it wasn't the WOK uniform...and i went and got ARC immediately after

why not? it says in the ingame mail that it's for both genders and doesn't mention any racial restrictions

Because it has cleavage I believe.