stfan33stfan33 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    level 15 character been playing for over a month

FIX FIX FIX FIX !!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    vykorprimevykorprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So I actually saw this working for about a week, until just today when it broke again. Sigh. Maybe i should play some other PW game and get a level 10, to avoid this problem.

For those of you concerned about spam from doing surveys, use a free email account created especially for this purpose and never give out super personal info like phone numbers. If it asks you to install software, use a virtual machine like VirtualBox or a sandboxed environment like Sandboxie. If things go awry with spyware, delete the sandbox/virtual machine and start over.

This seems to be the one redeeming thing about the PW integration so far...that is, if it worked consistently.
  • Options
    synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Total game characters in Core: 0

Hmm, that's funny. I see 8 when I log in to STO. :P
    I'd be interested in playing with Core, maybe, if it would actually have any connection to STO.

Sad that it doesn't seem to have my Perfect World info from way back when I gave that a whirl, but that may have even pre-dated Core.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • Options
    poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vykorprime wrote: »
    This seems to be the one redeeming thing about the PW integration so far...that is, if it worked consistently.

They tend to "fail" just after collecting all the info and just before actually reporting it to PWE. Sadly there's threads across all their forums about people having problems getting their "free zen" after going through the process.
    jfsig02.png
  • Options
    starkiller0591starkiller0591 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    was working then stopped working while showing the character must be level 10 and the account must be older than a week now its back but every offer sends me to the same page
    BAD GATEWAY
    just tried on other browsers wont work on firefox ore google chrome but it does for IE whats up with that?
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've worked in Market Research, and the answer is simple. Some questions will place you inside of, or outside of a target demographic. An example might be "how many movies have you seen in the theater in the last month?"

If you answer "0", then the entire survey asking you about your taste in movies, prefference for 3D, willingness to buy those same titles on bluRay, etc. is totally pointless.

Similarly, by answering questions, you might place yourself inside an over-represented demographic, for example, white males, 18-24 with some college education. If a survey has been running a while, they may have "heard from more than enough" people in that group.. and they may be still pressing the survey in an effort to reach some more Hispanic females in the 45-60 age range.

There can be all sorts of reasons behind the scenes why you might be disqualified from a survey. Unfortunately, the "payouts" for paid surveys tend to evaporate if you're disqualified in the early stages, and if the third question placed you outside the scope of the respondents they're seeking.. well.. sorry.

No. If you picked 0 in the case you mentioned you still took the survey. If they're doing things like that to cheat people out of the reward for taking the survey, there is a word for that: scam
  • Options
    ussmysticoneussmysticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've read alot of post for PWs other games saying that 90% of these Surveys will DQ you for answering a question wrong and PW looks the other way.
  • Options
    tharkantharkan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All the zen I have ever gotten is thanks to the earn zen tab, and so far I have earned enough to buy:
    1 Caitian species for STO
    1 Super Magnifier device for CO
    1 Race specific mount for Fw
    and I still have quite a bit left over.

It takes time, but it works.
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    so I wsas giving PWE a chance since they forced me to change my acct name and forced me to convert.. never recieved ANY bonus as promised so I tried some surveys.. they ALL require cash or downloading unknown software.. PWE is TRIBBLE cryptic was ok and all the forcing players to jump though hoops is kinda well, legally and morally questionable to say the least.. 2 year vet has paid fees and dues and is starting to hate the "new guard" they need to give back or get out. FAIL PWE just plain FAIL
  • Options
    wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have never had a Cryptic account so I can not comment on that portion of your rant....

As for "FREE ZEN", well nothing is free (as the saying goes) however you seem to be missing something. I have received over 1000 free Zen in the last two weeks completing surveys. I did not spend a single GPL, Lobi, EC, Dil, or Canadian penny.

The suspect software I have *had* to download was the launcher... I suspect of it being indirectly responsible for having less time in the day and less money in my pocket.

The only hoop I had to jump thru was the one where I tried to decipher your message well enough to respond ;)
  • Options
    rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    right zen = c-store points. i've noticed the earn zen stuff on their website but does it actually work. i did a survey and nothing seemed to happen. anyone else have any experiences with these
    Long Live The Empire!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I have completed numerous surveys so far. There are glitches from time to time but generally I have done well with them.

The surveys run thru Peanut Labs portal, and you have to click thru to completion of each survey. At the end you usually come to a screen that tells you your points will be awarded soon. Check you ZEN balance under "My Wallet", below the heading "Charge Zen" at the top of this page.

You can also check your Zen Reward, surveys, and offers status by clicking "Need Help" at the top of the list of offers currently available to you.

HTH

Tetchyy

~ I gave up Sigs.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    which ones are trustworthy. so far i have completed two with no success. apart from watching videos which gives pennies i havent earned anything
    Long Live The Empire!
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    right seriously if theres any survey actually worth doing will someone please tell me (links please). if not then cryptic stop spamming TRIBBLE
    Long Live The Empire!
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you don't like the adds, try an adblocker.

Free Zen I 'm fine with:
    Surveys - if you don't hit the right target group, it takes time to find a survey. If you find one, it takes 10-15 minutes (if you read it that is) to fill. rewards 70-something Zen. Did only one so far, not worth the time imho.
    Videos - Watch them (several Minutes), hardly any reward. You don't have to watch them, you only need them to play through to claim reward.

Free Zen which are not really free, but nice adds:
    Special offers for buying at certain sites or trials - High Rewards, sometimes 4digits.
    (Got me 2 items I wouldn't have paid for otherwise).

Free Zen I couldn't care less for:
    Newsletters/Lotteries - Tons of Mailspam (sometimes scam), most of the time you don't receive any reward, hard to provide proof you did everything right.

Got no other offers so far.

Finally: You should use a spamable adress (not your primary mail for example).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    How long does it take to grind dilitium enough to exchange for 48 C Points?

I just did a survey, took 15 minutes, for which I was rewarded with 61 ZEN. This converts to aprox 48 C-Points in game.

At time of this message..... Dilitium is exchanging for 350/C-Point. Given 8000 Dilitium refinement a day, I just earned 2.1 days worth of Dilitium. Put another way I earned in fifteen minutes what it would normally take Hours to do in game.

To date, I have earned over 1100 free ZEN (880 C-Points) , spending 15 minuets here, twenty minutes there over the last couple of weeks. YMMV of course, given Geographical limitations, and/or demographics. Still, I'm not in one of the higher demand demographic groups and I seem to be doing ok. I suspect that these surveys are geared more toward North America, and then largely major Urban centers.

EDIT: Note when you are on the "Earn ZEN" page, if you do not see the "Earn ZEN through Surveys" Heading below the Peatnut LABS Logo (Above the heading Earn ZEN through Offers), then you do not currently qualify for any surveys.
  • Options
    thoroonthoroon Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Put another way I earned in fifteen minutes what it would normally take Hours to do in game.

You're lucky then, it nearly took an hour to get a survey for me :/
    Since I don't need hours to grind my cap, and its more fun anyway, I still prefer playing over surveys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    You can earn zen, but not worth. You can get more c-points refining dilithium and converting to zen/C-points later.

Surveys - Is a spam in most time. You have to finish a survery well to get your free zen, but a lot of times the website fall or lost the conection for "unknown reasons", and you can't do the same survey again and lost your time or zen.

For most time, earning free zen is more a painfull form to get free money without any security or support. If this kind of option is serious, you get this by a more well structure way.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?