Install Arc

rp

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,290 Arc User
    ryan218 wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    Triss: Yeah no you're injured now. And besides it's not my job to let my teammate get injured when I can prevent it.

Kara: It's a scratch, Triss. Not exactly lethal.

Chloe: That's not the point. The point is it could have been a lot worse.

*Chloe walks up to them.*

Trust me Cadet, nothing beats having someone watching your back.

Excellent work you two. You successfully defeated an enemy force 3 times your size using tactics. Next time I'll have to use tanks and starfighters. *Smirks jokingly as the other cadets come in and help the attack team up.*

Teamwork can make a big difference in combat. Triss and Kara didn't win because they're 3 times as good as the cadets they opposed, but because they coordinated their defence, chose a strategic location and used deceptive tactics to outmanoeuvre their enemy. Most importantly, they covered each other's asses. You leave your teammate out to dry, you won't have Cadet Leeds putting a phaser to your scalp; the enemy will shoot you in the back and not think twice.

Here endeth the lesson. Return your equipment to the armoury and return to the Barracks. Tomorrow I start teaching you how to actually fight.

*After returning their equipment and being given bags to carry their armour in, Kara walks with Triss to the barracks.*

Kara: Look, thanks for the back-up. You were right, I didn't need the extra bruises.

Triss: You're welcome.

Kara: So, about that 'accident'?

Triss: Do we have to talk about it now?
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    Triss: Yeah no you're injured now. And besides it's not my job to let my teammate get injured when I can prevent it.

Excellent work you two. You successfully defeated an enemy force 3 times your size using tactics. Next time I'll have to use tanks and starfighters. *Smirks jokingly as the other cadets come in and help the attack team up.*

Teamwork can make a big difference in combat. Triss and Kara didn't win because they're 3 times as good as the cadets they opposed, but because they coordinated their defence, chose a strategic location and used deceptive tactics to outmanoeuvre their enemy. Most importantly, they covered each other's asses. You leave your teammate out to dry, you won't have Cadet Leeds putting a phaser to your scalp; the enemy will shoot you in the back and not think twice.

Here endeth the lesson. Return your equipment to the armoury and return to the Barracks. Tomorrow I start teaching you how to actually fight.

*After returning their equipment and being given bags to carry their armour in, Kara walks with Triss to the barracks.*

Kara: Look, thanks for the back-up. You were right, I didn't need the extra bruises.

Kara: We can talk about it in my Quarters if you'd rather. Garrick's probably still in class.

*They arrive at the barracks and sign in.*

Kara: We can talk about it in my Quarters if you'd rather. Garrick's probably still in class.

Triss: Okay.

*They enter Kara's Quarters, with Kara taking out her helmet and placing it on the desk as she gets out a laser pen.*

Kara: So, what was the accident about?

*They enter Kara's Quarters, with Kara taking out her helmet and placing it on the desk as she gets out a laser pen.*

Triss: There was a fight and I got injured.

Kara: A fight? With who?

Triss: It was a sibling...

Kara: Brother? Sister?

Triss: It was my brother...

Triss: It was my brother...

Kara: What was the fight about?
    Triss: Me going here.
    Triss: Me going here.

Kara: Oh...

I suppose you wanna hear about me and Leeds now, huh?
    Triss: Sure. *rubs her back absentmindedly*
    Triss: Sure. *rubs her back absentmindedly*

Kara: She's my cousin. We enlisted together and ran together as sparring partners through the 1st Academy Year. I'd beat her, she'd beat me; we had a pretty intense competitive streak. The night before our final exam; the Unarmed Combat Exam, she sent a holo of me around campus, adapted to make it look like I was wearing an Orion outfit.

So, during the combat exam, things got a little heated, aggressive... out of hand...

And by the end of it the entire academy knew the brand of underwear she wore...

*She rubs the back of her neck, embarrassed.*
    Triss: What?
    Triss: What?

Kara: Connect the dots, Spots. I humiliated her.
    Triss: What you pantsed her?
    Triss: What you pantsed her?

Kara: You could put it that way...

Look, she was a real b**** about that prank, wouldn't apologise and I... got a little angry...er...
    Triss: Did you ever try apologizing?
    Triss: Did you ever try apologizing?

Kara: Yes... if she apologised first...

Look, when we were kids, we used to get into fights a lot, usually because she'd try to humiliate me or because she hadn't apologised for succeeding in humiliating me.
    Triss: Maybe you should try apologizing then maybe she'd apologize too.
    Triss: Maybe you should try apologizing then maybe she'd apologize too.

Kara: Right... You don't know Mary. She is a stubborn, arrogant, competitive...!
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Fury having cleared the area heads back to his safe house.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Triss: Like you?
    Triss: Like you?

*Kara frowns at her, annoyed.*

Kara: Not funny, spots...
    Triss: Sorry. *looks apologetic*
    Triss: Sorry. *looks apologetic*

Kara: Me and her will clear the air in our own way...

*She leans against her chair.*

So, who's your roommate?

*OOC: Make Leeds her roommate? Could lead to some interesting dialogue. It's up to you, I don't mind either way.*
    Triss: Its Leeds.
    Triss: Its Leeds.

*Kara looks at her.*

Kara: That would have been good to know 2 minutes ago.
    Triss: Sorry.