test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

rp

Comments

• ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    Triss: Not bad. *investigates her stealth module*

*It behaves like a camouflage device, blending her in with her surroundings.*

Kara: Neat. At least you'll be hard to hit.

*She checks out her carbine next, looking confused.*

Where's the power pack?

Chloe: Underslung beneath the barrel. Careful.

*Kara finds it and holds the carbine, supporting it by the barrel as she feels her gauntlet latch on.*

Kara: Woah.

Chloe: Yeah, that's new as well. It's a new standard-issue for all Navy Branches. If you exert a large force removing your hand from the grip, the pack disconnects. It means the carbine can be more compact than with the foregrip technique.

I hope you two are quick learners, because your exercise starts in 5 minutes.

*She starts leading the class to the holodecks.*

For this exercise, Cadets Reeves and [Triss' last name] are going to be given 10 minutes to find a location to defend. I want 6 volunteers to attempt to locate and 'neutralise' them. Your weapons are locked on stun for this exercise. In fact, your combat grenades are smoke and stun-only; no explosives.

Oh, and keep in mind you have more weapons than what you're carrying; your body is the most reliable weapon you have.

*She looks at Kara and Triss as they arrive.*

Your 10 minute head-start begins now.

*Kara puts her helmet on as she heads inside with Triss.*

Kara: Okay, we have marksman rifles, so somewhere with height is our best bet.

*The program is a snowy forest, with several hills covered in trees. Kara looks around and sees a large ridge which has a thick-trunked tree growing out of it, pointing it out to Triss.*

What about there?
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    Del Rio: on the contrary we are going g to talk about it.

He not nods to the nurse as they are left alone.

Del Rio: what you did was stupid and foolhardy. Where you trying to get yourself killed?

Burns: if I wanted to be dead I'd be dead. I needed to put my skills up to the next level.

Del Rio: your skills are already high. Putting yourself through a course meant for a squad isn't how you go about dealing with things.

Burns: not how you deal with them.

Del Rio sighs

Del Rio: listen I know your frustrated. But please try to focus on your studies and try to make some friends. You really need some.

Burns: fine.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,291 Arc User
    Triss: Looks good.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Triss: Looks good.

Kara: Alright, let's go.

*They get up there and set up with a couple of minutes to spare, with Kara taking cover behind the tree to give Triss some covering fire if needed.*

Any plans on your end?
    Triss: Shoot the bad guys?
    Triss: Shoot the bad guys?

Kara: Works for me.

So, rumour says you had an accident before coming here... Any truth to it?
    Triss: *sighs* Yes.
    Triss: *sighs* Yes.

Kara: Wanna talk about it later?

*The time runs out as the team of attackers enter the holodeck.*
    Triss: *quitely* Maybe...
    Triss: *quitely* Maybe...

Kara *quietly*: Tap your comm once if you need covering fire. Give it to 'em.

*Meanwhile, the team moves in a close group through the forest, looking around.*
    *Triss nails one of the outlying team members with a shot then shoots a couple others*
    *Triss nails one of the outlying team members with a shot then shoots a couple others*

*They run for cover, calling out 'sniper' before one of them lays down suppressing fire. Kara quickly returns the favour with her carbine before switching to her marksman and trying to pin the suppressor down.*

Kara: I'll handle the suppressor, you take the last two!

*Meanwhile, below.*

Cadet M'dak Truro (Turanian): Alright, Leeds, think you can flank around and take those two?

Cadet Mary Leeds: If you can cover me.

*She runs off into the forest as the two remaining cadets keep Kara and Triss suppressed.*

Kara: Maybe we should try to move?
    Triss: Okay. Hmmm... I got an idea. Can I borrow your side arm?
    Triss: Okay. Hmmm... I got an idea. Can I borrow your side arm?

Kara: What's wrong with yours? *Raises an eyebrow as she hands it to her.*

You're not planning on overloading it are you?
    Triss: No. *hands her rifle to Kara* Keep shooting make sure they think we're both here. *Readies both sidearms then activates her stealth unit*
    Triss: No. *hands her rifle to Kara* Keep shooting make sure they think we're both here. *Readies both sidearms then activates her stealth unit*

Kara: Hey, I may be a marksman, but I can't aim and shoot two rif--

Hell with it...

*She takes up a position and tries to balance firing with the two weapons.*

'Sign up for Republic service' they said! 'An extraordinary adventure' they said!
    Triss: You don't have to hit them just make them think I'm still here. *before she leaves she sets up some stuff to make a noise if someone starts coming up on Kara. She the. Leaves and sneaks up on thew suppressed guys.*
    Burns soon leaves the medical bay still sore and hurting but moving around. He heads to his quarters to get some rest before the next say of class starts.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
    Triss: You don't have to hit them just make them think I'm still here. *before she leaves she sets up some stuff to make a noise if someone starts coming up on Kara. She the. Leaves and sneaks up on thew suppressed guys.*

*After a few moments, Kara gets an idea, putting both the rifles on their bipod mounts and grabbing her carbine, firing all three from different locations intermittently.*

M'dak: What the--? I thought we were only fighting two of them?!

*Meanwhile, Leeds manages to get up onto the ridge, tracking through the overgrowth when she sees one of the traps.*

Leeds: You really covered your tracks, Reeves...

*She carefully looks for another way around.*
    *Triss gets into position then fires her guns into both of them*
    *Triss gets into position then fires her guns into both of them*

*The two slump over against their cover.

Meanwhile, after being unable to get around the traps, Leeds decides to dash forwards regardless and manages to catch Kara before she can react, holding a phaser to her head.*

Leeds: Don't move a muscle, Cadet.

Kara: Oh, Leeds. You made it here two? I'm almost impressed.

Leeds: Shut up, Reeves.

Kara: Let me think about that...

*She quickly rams Leeds with her shoulder, knocking Leeds' helmet off before kicking the phaser from her hand and going for her carbine. Leeds quickly tackles her down first, the two rolling down the ridge, the armour taking most of the damage, as Leeds pins Kara down, pulling her helmet off and throwing a series of punches into Kara's face.

From a distance, Triss can't tell who's who, though it's clear someone has a grudge from the ferocity of the noise coming from the fight.*
    Fury is walking through the lower levels of the city to meet a contact that claims to have information. As he approaches the meeting location he can feel something is not right. He draws his pistol as he approaches quitely. As he peaks around the corner he sees the man dead laying on the ground a hole through his chest.
    Fury looks around quickly before approaching the dead man.

Fury: sniper shot. Non energy weapon though. Odd.
    *Triss walks over to them and looks thoughtful*

Triss: Kara need some help?
    *Triss walks over to them and looks thoughtful*

Triss: Kara need some help?

*By this point, the two are on their feet duking it out, with Kara catching one punch and spinning both combatants around before locking her arm around Leeds' neck while they're back to back before Leeds gets free and throws Kara into the wall, Kara grunting, though the armour means neither of them are getting injured except from the collar up.*

Kara *angry*: Naw, I'm good!

*She tackles into Leeds, and it becomes obvious these two have fought before, because Leeds manages to stop Kara in her tracks and wrestle her down before sending her flying onto her back with a knee to the face.*

Leeds: Kara, just shut the hell up!

*She looks like she's about to continue her attack before she looks at Triss.*

I'm sc**wed, aren't I?
    Triss: Yeah. *nods and shoots Leeds*
    Triss: Yeah. *nods and shoots Leeds*

Kara: I had that covered...

*She slowly picks herself up, a small cut on her cheek from the knee strike.*
    Triss: Yeah no you're injured now. And besides it's not my job to let my teammate get injured when I can prevent it.
    Triss: Yeah no you're injured now. And besides it's not my job to let my teammate get injured when I can prevent it.

Kara: It's a scratch, Triss. Not exactly lethal.

Chloe: That's not the point. The point is it could have been a lot worse.

*Chloe walks up to them.*

Trust me Cadet, nothing beats having someone watching your back.

Excellent work you two. You successfully defeated an enemy force 3 times your size using tactics. Next time I'll have to use tanks and starfighters. *Smirks jokingly as the other cadets come in and help the attack team up.*

Teamwork can make a big difference in combat. Triss and Kara didn't win because they're 3 times as good as the cadets they opposed, but because they coordinated their defence, chose a strategic location and used deceptive tactics to outmanoeuvre their enemy. Most importantly, they covered each other's asses. You leave your teammate out to dry, you won't have Cadet Leeds putting a phaser to your scalp; the enemy will shoot you in the back and not think twice.

Here endeth the lesson. Return your equipment to the armoury and return to the Barracks. Tomorrow I start teaching you how to actually fight.

*After returning their equipment and being given bags to carry their armour in, Kara walks with Triss to the barracks.*

Kara: Look, thanks for the back-up. You were right, I didn't need the extra bruises.
    ryan218 wrote: »

Excellent work you two. You successfully defeated an enemy force 3 times your size using tactics. Next time I'll have to use tanks and starfighters. *Smirks jokingly as the other cadets come in and help the attack team up.*

Teamwork can make a big difference in combat. Triss and Kara didn't win because they're 3 times as good as the cadets they opposed, but because they coordinated their defence, chose a strategic location and used deceptive tactics to outmanoeuvre their enemy. Most importantly, they covered each other's asses. You leave your teammate out to dry, you won't have Cadet Leeds putting a phaser to your scalp; the enemy will shoot you in the back and not think twice.

Here endeth the lesson. Return your equipment to the armoury and return to the Barracks. Tomorrow I start teaching you how to actually fight.

*After returning their equipment and being given bags to carry their armour in, Kara walks with Triss to the barracks.*

Kara: Look, thanks for the back-up. You were right, I didn't need the extra bruises.

Triss: You're welcome.
    ryan218 wrote: »

Triss: You're welcome.

Kara: So, about that 'accident'?