Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 1, 2012

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Cerritouru wrote: »

Charge Particle Burst III test:
    In a few hrs I deliver some more test with Charge Particle Burst III, but the preliminary test I made today, with Tractor beam with Very Rare Doff, Tachyon Beam II and CPB III and him with 9 on Power Insulators, I only made 4126 (from 5927 to 1801) shield damage.

So shield Drains are still not really useable in Pvp.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Jsimon22 wrote: »
    So shield Drains are still not really useable in Pvp.

I still need to do more test on shield dran, but at this point I think thatSci ship are still not really useable in PVP.
    I am afraid that at the end of the patch, we end up worst than before, with PSW nerfed and shield drain and GW still useless.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cerritouru wrote: »
    (Gravity Well Test)

Gravity Well does not, and never has, directly had an effect on a person's speed. It is a pull, or "reverse-repel," that forces the target to slide toward a position at each pulse. They are not slowed down, they are simply moving in multiple directions as the same time.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think less is more. Get rid of it, it's just flavor text. If the crew value would actually become important, they would need to rebalance all the existing ships. (And fix the crew death mechanic.) I think they have enough on their plate already and it would be better if the fewer mechanics would work better.

I agree. Dump the crew mechanic as it has never been useful or remotely worked well (especially the death mechanic).
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've never considered it a death, more of a rattled and unconscious thing.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    May i ask if and when (eta) we will be able to test the Atrox ?

i have tested all the kdf blue d-store pets now and would like to get to work on this fed carrier...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    UI:
    • Tray modes 1 and 2 in space are now 10 slots instead of 8 slots.
      • This makes Zero extremely happy. No, really.

This makes Bob happy too. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Still no word on the Atrox Carrier?

It's released tomorrow and it's not even been publicly tested? i don't like the sound of that...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gravity Well does not, and never has, directly had an effect on a person's speed. It is a pull, or "reverse-repel," that forces the target to slide toward a position at each pulse. They are not slowed down, they are simply moving in multiple directions as the same time.

Humm.. thank you for that info, that clear some stuff. I need to check that when I can.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aeleys wrote:
    Still no word on the Atrox Carrier?

It's released tomorrow and it's not even been publicly tested? i don't like the sound of that...

Yes, that never works out well. Everything always has some bug come with it. no testing means something is bound to be wrong from a graphical glitch to a transwarp sending us to the wrong place to something more serious.

i hope at least its gone through some extensive testing internally, assuming its still coming tomorrow and not been delayed.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    hope at least its gone through some extensive testing internally, assuming its still coming tomorrow and not been delayed.

CTD the game for the owner or those who have the bad luck to be in the visual range :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How would you recommend we set up our UI in such a way we can implement this without covering anything that has been in place for 2 years and without sticking it in the middle of the screen where it blocks our field of view?

Seriously if it could go either way I could use it but as it is it's worthless to me and Id imagine its current state is worthless to many others.

The UI tray changes have been two-pronged; first, to increase the number of available buttons on the standard tray for those who prefer that, and second, to add a vertical tray that can be placed on the side of the screen for those who would get a benefit out of that arrangement.

If there is a benefit to increasing the number of buttons available on either or both, or alter existing functionality to make it more useful, these are things we can certainly consider. As it is, this is very far from the first MMORPG to use vertical button trays, so I think many people will in fact find the vertical tray useful; maybe not everybody, but making something that everybody likes is rarely feasible. And by rarely, I mean never, of course. :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    The UI tray changes have been two-pronged; first, to increase the number of available buttons on the standard tray for those who prefer that, and second, to add a vertical tray that can be placed on the side of the screen for those who would get a benefit out of that arrangement.

If there is a benefit to increasing the number of buttons available on either or both, or alter existing functionality to make it more useful, these are things we can certainly consider. As it is, this is very far from the first MMORPG to use vertical button trays, so I think many people will in fact find the vertical tray useful; maybe not everybody, but making something that everybody likes is rarely feasible. And by rarely, I mean never, of course. :cool:

To use a meme... SLOT ALL THE THINGS! :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:

So make the extra tray able to be swapped between vertical or horizontal... I'll never use it with vertical buttons, but can always use another 3 horizontal rows...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:

Does this mean that having one vertical tray and one horizontal tray is more of a workaround for them not being switchable or am I way off base?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aeleys wrote:
    so no Caitian Atrox Carrier testing?

What would be the point?

Every ship that was put on tribble for testing, all feedback was ignored and it went live anyways :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Eh still with dilithium store pets they dont have any weapons power behind their weapons they are just standard damage that beams/cannons do. On top of that if the slavers are working the chance of them stealing from their target has to be super super low not even worth the dilithium of purchasing imo.

Not to mention this SKILL TRAY thing is horrible... having to go to option 3 and then 4 every time to change instances. Locking the tray seems to work for now though...

Okay it stopped it from changing once but now locking it does not keep it from changing... blah
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    If there is a benefit to increasing the number of buttons available on either or both, or alter existing functionality to make it more useful, these are things we can certainly consider.

Well Heretic,
    how about making the rows expand to 12 slot each?
    Funny thing is the keybinds have per default slot 11 and 12 linked to the - and = key. But there is no slots we can fill ...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I was excited until I found out the tray was vertical. I'm glad that there can be a vertical tray for the people who like it, but I am not one of those people.

I would rather have 12 slots in 3 rows, or even better 12 slots in 4 rows.

-edit- That being said though, I'll give it a shot and I am glad that it default binds row 4 to Shift+N now (including options to set it in the keybinds screen instead of doing it manually with commands) and gives you something visual to look at.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Anyone else tried out the Caitan hair? It seems I can add it to costumes in my first 2 slots, but not in the additional slots. goes through the motions and you get the confirm box to accept the 180ec charge, but then doesnt apply the change to the costume. It also doesnt seem to deduct the charge either.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    im trying to buy the Atrox carrier on the test server and when i look at the ship the price just stats 'loading' and i am unable to buy it ?!

is this a bug or is it locked out ?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    starlazers wrote:
    im trying to buy the Atrox carrier on the test server and when i look at the ship the price just stats 'loading' and i am unable to buy it ?!

same here - guess they don't want any testing/leaks of issues ahead of schedule ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SatansHell wrote: »
    What would be the point?

Every ship that was put on tribble for testing, all feedback was ignored and it went live anyways :rolleyes:

Not sure how true that is, but i have always managed to test somthing out before main release , just seems strange that they (cryptic) want to keep this secret...and that makes me wonder why, it's not really fair that they expect us to buy a product that we can't even test or get a refund on.

just all seems wrong to me, i don't want to buy somthing that i can't test, or get a refund on.
    starlazers wrote:

It's beeing kept secret, and i seen lots of devs come in here and not a single word about it so obviously are questions are being ignored.
    Liath wrote:
    same here - guess they don't want any testing/leaks of issues ahead of schedule ;)

This is exactly why i like to test the things i want to buy, since no refunds are offered for broken products.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well unless they have something extra for us that they want to give us as a bonus and do not want us to find out, like a frig pet or +1 mod or something that they have not told us about that will seal the deal in terms of players buying the ship... then i see no reason why they would not let us test it before it goes live !?

On this point. 2000cp and no +1 mod or anything other than the ship its self... not selling me on weather or not to buy it guys !!! i think... every 2000cp ship we have today has a +1console of sorts and/or something extra that comes with the ship, but this seems to have nothing at all... no +1 console no frig class carrier pet, no custom Bridge... seems like just the hull and thats it... the fighters are the standard ones and u still need to spend 30k dilith EACH... just for the VR copys let alone the other stuff in the D-store... i really do hope there is something your not telling us cryptic and theres more to this, cus tbh im not seeing a worthwhile investment and would rather buy the kar'fi at this point.

if this is all we get then you have got it all wrong and messed this whole fed carrier thing up for me,and alot of others... for 2000 CP we should as a standard get the full package or atleast more than just the ship hull!

if im wrong and you have indeed hidden something to sweeten the deal then ok i take it all back and u can have my 2000 cp :p

we will see within the next few hours...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Atrox comes standard with two hangar bays, each stocked with Caitian Stalker Fighters. These stealth fighters can mask their energy signature and are equipped with Tetryon Pulse Cannons and a Thoron Device.

I'm guessing the +1 console is the thoron device?

I just want to test it, as it's by far one of the best looking ships in all of the scifi universe.

but if it's useless in the game, then it's not worth 2000CP just to be "pretty" lol
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I hate this tray TRIBBLE it changes every time you change instances utter TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Still no word on this?...

amazing really.

A simple yes or no answer would do wonders, but can't even expect that these days.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    All instances of the phrase "Inertial Dampeners" have been changed to "Inertial Dampers" in order to more closely reflect canon sources.

* We're certain that some were missed, feel free to point them out so they can be corrected.

The actual science console has not been changed and this is in the live patch notes too. (Checked one console in my bank and also the one in the dilithium store).

It is indeed renamed in the skill tree though.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    f2pdrakron wrote:
    Well there goes Pe...

So no Caitian Carrier for testing?

what was the name? (PM me because i've been away from the game for a while)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    please, i must know what the name was.

•Renamed an unfortunately-named Vulcan Astrometrics officer.