Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - May 1, 2012

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Siphon Drones are launching 4 Per hanger
    Advanced Siphon Drones are Launching 6 per Hanger :confused:

These issues should be updated soon. :) Just didn't have them in the build we ended up pushing to Tribble this evening.

Thanks for calling them out!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    UI:
    • Fire All Torpedoes will now only fire torpedoes and will not fire mines.
    • Added bindable commands to fire both torpedoes and mines, fire torpedoes and phasers, and fire just mines.
    • The Standard Away Team selectors will now better reflect the behavior of the options.
    • Tray modes 1 and 2 in space are now 10 slots instead of 8 slots.
      • This makes Zero extremely happy. No, really.
    • There is support for adding a second tray to the UI in space.
      • To enable the new tray, press escape and click "Rearrange", then click the "New" button on the Big Tray.
      • This new tray will be placed in the lower right corner of the screen, but may be moved by rearrange mode.

Nice!

Now we could also use distinct commands forfiring beams and cannons, maybe perhaps? (The standard command of firing all energy weapons should definitely stay, but the distinction can be useful for some builds)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Resistance to subsystem offline scales as a percentage of your remaining Crew, based on your Subsystem Repair skill.

You must keep your current Ready Crew % high in order to gain full benefit from your "Subsystem Repair" skill.

This is going to be an issue for Odyssey pilots; simply because of the crew issues - it's a 2500 person crew that can lose 20 percent from an attack that doesn't even damage the hull. Crew death/injuries appear to still being calculated as a percentage instead of flat numbers; which nullifies the benefits to having a high crew value.

I mean, it's strange to have my Odyssey with a half dead crew when my hull didn't even dip below 90 percent in the process.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    very good job indeed with the new carrier/flight deck pets on the klink side... very nice boost indeed...

as for what the fed carrier will have to use... well i must say a fed carrier vs a klink carrier... the klink should win every time as the lack of a frig pet for feds makes there carrier overall damage output meh.

will there be a frig class pet for the fed carrier when the carrier goes live ? if not is there a frig class fed pet coming out any time soon ?

thanks.

Nova
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MightionNY wrote: »
    This is going to be an issue for Odyssey pilots; simply because of the crew issues - it's a 2500 person crew that can lose 20 percent from an attack that doesn't even damage the hull. Crew death/injuries appear to still being calculated as a percentage instead of flat numbers; which nullifies the benefits to having a high crew value.

I mean, it's strange to have my Odyssey with a half dead crew when my hull didn't even dip below 90 percent in the process.

I hadn't heard about that before. Shaken Crew Syndrome, eh? Me thinks the Odyssey needs another shakedown to work out kinks in the inertial damper system. ;)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I think 50 % resists may still be too high. I would consider either this:

1) The skill should directly counter the contribution of the buffing science skill, e.g. apply the reverse effect. If you have +50 in a resist skill, and a +50 in the buffing skill, the net result is that no buff or penalty is applied.
    But his may not be technically feasible due the way the modifiers are applied.

2) Stay with the 50 % resists, but increase the magnitude of science skills as well. If we'd boost offensie science BO skills by 50 % across the board, 50 % resists would mean 75 % effectiveness compared to now.

If all of that magnitude buff comes via skills, the cost are also similar. It has the advantage of particularly damaging science powers becoming stronger in PvE, and I think Science BO powers are still a rather ineffective class in PvP.
    If the PvE concern is that this makes science too effective, consider adding resist abilities to NPCs. (It would be generally a good idea if some of their hit points would be scaled down in favor of resists.)
    MightionNY wrote: »

Well, maybe they'll finally get around to fixing the crew mechanic. Though honestly, I'd just ditch the entire mechanic. It affects so few abilities that it seems like a superflous statistic.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't have time to update the tribble atm, but could someone tell me how expensive are the blue quality hangar bays?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    just over 30k dilith each... c-store ship pets blues u will have to buy from the dilth store. ie.. Orion pets ect

Normal drones/pets like the power drones and fighters, shield heals ect u can trade so you could buy them from the exchange
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Players may no longer queue for STFs if they are in shuttles or other small craft.

That's really good to hear :) Thank you.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Carrier is unclaimable now.
    Same issue. It's not on the experimental ship console list, it's not on the c-store, and I can't purchase it from ship vendor, as all prices just state "loading...".

Are the reduced Lobi prices for some items permanent, or just for tribble test? Will players who purchased these items for their original price receive some lobi crystals?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ghosts of the Jem'Hadar 9/10 assignment has been made Uncommon rather than Rare, with appropriately adjusted numerical rewards.

Ooooo Thanks!
    I'v been looking for that one for what seems like YEARS. . . . . I hope it pops up now
    Players may no longer queue for STFs if they are in shuttles or other small craft.

Heh, heh. . . .
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    so no Caitian Atrox Carrier testing?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    as it's not up for testin on the tribble server then it's either goin to b very op or not good at all :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    ok so i just got on to see the new powertray addition, its a nice touch, but could i have the option to set it horizontal since i run a 32"screen and like having my stuff in view in center? having it locked vertical is gonna take screen space for me if its left as is.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

What an Awesome update! Can't wait! Very well done! :cool:

Go Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I
    Well, maybe they'll finally get around to fixing the crew mechanic. Though honestly, I'd just ditch the entire mechanic. It affects so few abilities that it seems like a superflous statistic.

All of the Team skills should be based on crew, subsytem repair, natural hull regen, maybe countermeasures boost ("What just happened? Scotty, fix the targetting computer!!")
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Suavek wrote: »
    Are the reduced Lobi prices for some items permanent, or just for tribble test? Will players who purchased these items for their original price receive some lobi crystals?

You need to copy over a toon that either already has lobi crystals or lockboxes and keys. There are no Master Keys on the TRIBBLE C-Store, and when I checked last night, the TRIBBLE Exchange also did not have any keys.

So what you need to do is to go to Holodeck on one of your real toons (preferably one with some lockboxes), buy some keys (on the C-Store or Exchange), copy THAT toon over and open the boxes with your copied keys in order to get some lobi crystals
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    krenlik wrote: »
    All of the Team skills should be based on crew, subsytem repair, natural hull regen, maybe countermeasures boost ("What just happened? Scotty, fix the targetting computer!!")

That would be awesome! :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    krenlik wrote: »

I think less is more. Get rid of it, it's just flavor text. If the crew value would actually become important, they would need to rebalance all the existing ships. (And fix the crew death mechanic.) I think they have enough on their plate already and it would be better if the fewer mechanics would work better.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Teleon wrote: »
    That would be awesome! :cool:

and my engineer would probably be dead all the time as her Odyssey seems to start off with 25% of it's crew almost all the time, and never really gets any better during the course of battle. I'd invest in Crew Recovery, but really it makes little difference at this point.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I would like to ask since all these latest nerfs seem to target functions of the KDF if the KDF will then be seeing nerfs that benefit the kdf as well since out captain skills are ones copied from the federation that do not benefit us as well as they do the federation and we do not have specific counters in skills like the federation does for example immune from teleport... I don't see any immunity from federation consoles anywhere...

Just saying though all these changes seem biased in favor of the federation faction when we do not ever see anything like this for the kdf and then the company wonders why people have issues with going to playing the kdf. You know what they say if you want a job done right you gotta do it yourself but of course I can't so this is meaningless.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Blitzy wrote:
    The carrier pets don't seem to be showing up on the federation side.

i love your profile picture

p.s. Zero where can we test the new carrier
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Loving the ten power tray slots. However...

Does anyone else get this? The tray keyboard shortcut labels have moved down, so they are sitting awkwardly over the power icon.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Avalon304 wrote: »
    Bug: Adding a second space tray is borked. It adds a vertically oriented tray instead of a horizontal tray...

This is by design.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You need to copy over a toon that either already has lobi crystals or lockboxes and keys. There are no Master Keys on the TRIBBLE C-Store, and when I checked last night, the TRIBBLE Exchange also did not have any keys.

So what you need to do is to go to Holodeck on one of your real toons (preferably one with some lockboxes), buy some keys (on the C-Store or Exchange), copy THAT toon over and open the boxes with your copied keys in order to get some lobi crystals
    Umm... ok... but... what?

You seem to completely miss the point of my question.

I did copy one of my characters with some lobi already acquired and noticed that some items from the Lobi store are now cheaper. Like, something that costs 50 Lobi on holodeck now costs 30 Lobi on tribble. My question was - do people who already purchased these items for their original price receive some lobi crystals back due to this change, or were they simply screwed over and threw their money/lobi away?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    This is by design.

Then it is a bad design TBH... I really would like to have it vertically. and re-sizeable like the BoFF Tray.

2. Why the heck can we not test the Atrox Carrier? Do you think it is not worth testing in terms of balance??? This is important devs. The first carrier for Feds and no testing involved at all? really bad.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    First, sorry for bad English, is not my natural language.

Since this patch came out to tribble, I made two test with 2 different fleet mates (thanks to Kollins and Murnock). One was yesterday, and the other was ten minutes ago.

FIRST TEST

He was in a Oddysey Class Star Ship, with the MACO MK XI shield and deflector but with the Aegis engine.
    • Engine Energy: 49
    • Shield Energy: 79
    • None console to any type of scie resistance.

I was with a Nebula Class, and I use Borg set with Maco MK XII Shield.
    • Auxilary energy: 125
    • Fully skilled Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators, Starship Particle Generators, Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems

All test were made with me at 2 KM (more or less) distance.

1) Test with Gravity Well III and him having 0 (cero) on Inertial Dampeners and with Aegis engine.
    Speed before GW: 20.33
    With the GW the speed was always 20.33
    Damage to hull 1901

2) Test with Gravity Well III and him having 0 (cero) on Inertial Dampeners and with no engine.
    Speed before GW: Speed 5.0
    With the GW the speed was always 5.0
    Damage to hull 2531

SECOND TEST

He was in a Defiant Class Star Ship, with the full BORG set.
    • Engine Energy: 74
    • Shield Energy: 54
    • None console to any type of scie resistance.

I was with a Nebula Class, and I use Borg set with Maco MK XII Shield.
    • Auxiliary energy: 125
    • Fully skilled Starship Flow Capacitors, Starship Graviton Generators, Starship Particle Generators, Starship Shield Emitters and Starship Shield Systems

Test with Gravity Well III and him having 0 (cero) on Inertial Dampeners and with Aegis engine.
    Speed before GW: Speed 30.84
    With the GW the speed was always 30.84
    Damage to hull 1769

Personal opinion: Gravity Well III seems to be in the same broken state that is on holodeck. It was not worth it to try it with him having some points on Inertial Dampeners. Is clear that this patch is going live tomorrow, but I beg you devs to not consider the GW fixed because is still very much broken.

Charge Particle Burst III test:
    In a few hrs I deliver some more test with Charge Particle Burst III, but the preliminary test I made today, with Tractor beam with Very Rare Doff, Tachyon Beam II and CPB III and him with 9 on Power Insulators, I only made 4126 (from 5927 to 1801) shield damage.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    This is by design.

huh.......I am not sure I am gonna like this, I want another horizontal tray methinks!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Zero,

you say new translations are avaible this is true. But the text of the mission Operation Gamma in the journal in the german client is still missing. you have say, you give it to the QA Team but its not fixed.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Heretic wrote:
    This is by design.

How would you recommend we set up our UI in such a way we can implement this without covering anything that has been in place for 2 years and without sticking it in the middle of the screen where it blocks our field of view?

Seriously if it could go either way I could use it but as it is it's worthless to me and Id imagine its current state is worthless to many others.