test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 5 Dev Blog #41

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Details about our Friday the 13th event are revealed in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I thought the transfer to PWE was going to bring a ton to the game?

So far it seems most of it has gone to the lockboxes.

Are these missions what we have to look forward to? :(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cool stuff, more content is always welcome. I don't know if a single mini-mission that's only going to be available on Friday the 13ths is enough to hold me over until something more substantive arrives though. Look forward to seeing how creepy it is though! Hard to believe it can out do the trip to Klingon Hell however :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cpt, i think there more coing then you see i think what we have goten so far is nothing but a taste of what is to come, and personaly iI can't wait.

Now this mission init self may seem quick an easy bt i love the idea of it only being avaible on certain days and not always around.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cpt, i think there more coing then you see i think what we have goten so far is nothing but a taste of what is to come, and personaly iI can't wait.

Now this mission init self may seem quick an easy bt i love the idea of it only being avaible on certain days and not always around.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe this.

For two years it was more just over the horizon, but we just don't have the money.
    Then it was PWE has all these great resources and we'll be able to make so much and get the KDF up to speed.
    Then F2P happened, and we got loads of events & lockboxes, and more C-Store. We did get an FE (pre-F2P planned and ultimately not very awesome.) And are told we'll be getting not as much as they previously said.
    And still its "just over the horizon."

I think they have established a very poor pattern of behavior.

I've been here since the beginning and i'll be here to the end. Because I have a sub and once in a while there is something fun to do. However, I hold to my belief that Cryptic is not a very good developer, if they don't want people to think that they need to change.

But I can always change my mind IF they change. Until then, I hold to my beliefs, if they want me to change that public view, they have to work for it. I want to like STO, I really do because Star Trek is so dear to me. But I don't just like something due to its name, it is about its substance that matters.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Cool, I look forward to giving it a go. Something different is always good.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I knew from the very beginning of that description that Franklin Drake was going to be involved in some way or another
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to this one.

Hope it's sufficiently :eek:

I do scare easily though! :o
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sounds neat, thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sounds awesome. I can't wait for tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have a feeling it won't be as scary as they are making out. Keep the lights on! :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think I missed something...

What are the rewards?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Will the scariness be achieved by playing a loud 'BWHAHAHAHAHA' sample every time someone unlocks a D'Kora?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    a single day only? jeez hope im not busy
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    No gore? :(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I like how you have made it out to be good thing that it won't take long to finish and for it being around for a day and then every other friday 13th..the mind boggles....

Should kept and added couple more mini missions for halloween week really, as you've done nothing to calm fears of a lack of content
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Why does Cryptic insist of producing story-based mission content when all anybody ever asks for is more C-Store fluff??? :mad:

The mission sounds great, I can't wait to play it!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    a single day only? jeez hope im not busy

well its 2 days,
    It will be available this time from around 6pm PDT on Thursday, April 12, until around 6am PDT on Saturday, April 14.
    No gore? :(

The game is rated T
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Tuskin wrote:
    well its 2 days,

The game is rated T

Some rated T games have Gore in them.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    As has been said by soe above:

- New mission content is GREAT.

- Mission content like this that only pops up on a couple of days a year, and is also only available for a VERY limited window (not even 48 hours) is IMO, somewhat of a waste of resources when we here that that there isn't enough Dev time to do a loot of FEs ; KDF content, etc.

Withg all the talk about having to justify 'Drev time spent' to PWE and saying that MANY popular things that were stated over and over by DStahl and others to be 'coming'; I really have to wonder how content like this which would only appear on a VERY limited basis for an EXTREMELY limited time (in MMO terms) was first justified and then so wholeheartedly endorsed by Cryptic/PWE upper management who seem to okay stuff like this at the drop of a hat (being we've had 3 limited time events since F2P launch) - YET - don't see the 'value' in expanding the PvE portion of the KDF so that they can also have a 1 - 50 PvE leveling experience; and NEVER see the Federation based tutorial or have to create/play a Fed character to unlock KDF play - and who also don't see the value in continuing a story narrative with FE series - but instead want massive repeatable story-lite reppeatable events that allow players to 'grind' that all important Dilithium Ore

(And to this day, I STILL don't understand why regular storyline missions don't also give some small Dilithium Ore reward on top of everthing else as Dilithium Ore was supposed to be a 'time based currency for doing thing in game - and as much as I love the Doff system - ho does clicking 5 -7 times and then waiting 30 minutes to 2 days where you effectively can do nothing more and get a Dilithium Ore reward - but ACTIVELY playing a story mission from 20 minutes to an hour ore more nets zero Dilithium Ore - and in effect gives a dis-incentive to playing story missions in general - and then the STO Dev Team wonders why data mining shows players play the story missions less then the content that easily gives Dilithium Ore...)

In general lately a lot of what's being said as to how development decisions are justified, compared to what we actually see entering the game just doesn't add up or make sense in many areas, IMO.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Armsman wrote: »
    In general lately a lot of what's being said as to how development decisions are justified, compared to what we actually see entering the game just doesn't add up or make sense in many areas, IMO.

Absolutely agree. To me its just more smoke and mirrors for making $$$.

I want to like Cryptic & STO, I really do, but honestly besides the doff system, this games is not getting any better. I challenge them to prove me wrong.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Looks great!
    I for one like the idea of missions like this spooky mission of Friday the 13th sweet!
    Really looking forward to this mission.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sadly another short, short, short mission....
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Is there a cover charge?

Just sayin'...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Quick look at the calendar puts the next Friday the 13th in July.

Next one after that is in September 2013.

Gym "Halloween 2012 is on a Wednesday, FWIW." Quirk
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Where is all of the lockbox $$$ going then? Clearly not into STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    the event has started now.... just went on now...

hope its only as creepy as that Devidian one... i could barely take that...:)

btw, if you look at the right side of the picture, you can see a BODY :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So if you fail the Stupid Chip Mini game, does it affect the mission? I dropped it to try and get a better run of it, only to find out, its on a cooldown that ends on Sat. Not very cool putting in a mini game that can randomly be tough with a HUGE DoT going on.

DO NOT play this mission on Elite. That's why my DoT was so high.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I played it and I have to ask: Where is the money going?

The only place I could imagine is the lockboxes. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So if you fail the Stupid Chip Mini game, does it affect the mission? I dropped it to try and get a better run of it, only to find out, its on a cooldown that ends on Sat. Not very cool putting in a mini game that can randomly be tough with a HUGE DoT going on.

DO NOT play this mission on Elite. That's why my DoT was so high.

Shoot the console if you're struggling with the minigame in time.

/sidethought: does wearing an EVA suit work?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So, thats it?

Are you kidding me, that mission could be made in about an hour in the foundry.

Where is the money going?

yeah.. lol ?? that was just... hello, oh no bugs, oh no clones... oh no.... bye... done O.?o