Install Arc
Options

Post your worst STF experiance

Comments

• Options
    notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I just had my worst ISE ever.

All went on smoothly, everything blew up as desired, both transformers, gate, and eventually tac cube was down to about 20%. At that point, "server not responding". Had to log in again, and "timed out connection to server". Log in again, and I was back in that ISE after everyone else had picked up their loot. Of course, no reward for me.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
  • Options
    gerudongerudon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    For whatever reasons these last days there is almost always an idiot in infected space that ruins the optional intentionally for everyone, by attacking the right side completely on their own.

Yes, the optional doesn't matter that much anymore, but it is still completely pointless and only sucks the fun out of it for the others.
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I hate the damn gates in elite with their shield draining beams and then one hit kills. They are more powerful in that regard then a tac cube.
  • Options
    noonelivesforevrnoonelivesforevr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    My worst experience in the game has been today when I got the full Dyson space set, all 7 items, all 4,250 Dyson marks worth.

So I ground this for God knows how long and when I got to Tier V in Dyson, the power was changed to a useless ground power instead of the space power I set my sights on from the beginning. Who even does ground play anymore? It was true in preorder, is true now.

But the worst kicker came today. So I saw the Dyson space set on some low-end ships and I thought wow.

I ground the Mirror Event for a full week hoping for a cool visual proc. I thought 6 space items - no visual proc. Ok, it's gotta be 7, so I got the last item the singularity core today and guess what.

THE DYSON SPACE SET LOOKS 99% IDENTICAL TO THE HARPIA MATERIAL ON THE C-STORE SCIENCE DESTROYER.

So, I've been flying with the visual proc already for over a week without even being aware of it!

That's the reward for 4,250 marks, something that looks 99.99% identical to the Harpia material? Is this some kind of a sick joke? And no, there's no way to customize it to make it look cooler. I tried.

I thought after so many years of grinding and thousands of ZEN points purchased I'd finally have a cool space set I could be proud of and have fun doing space doff missions in something that looks cool.

But it turns out, on top of taking away most of our rep powers, Cryptic likes adding insult to injury, so no cigar.

I have nothing to be happy about in this game anymore when the best space set in the game on the best space ship, the Science Destroyer (finally torpedo spread III and Gravity Well III on the same ship), looks like complete TRIBBLE. That's so insulting. I even tried it on some other Romulan ship and it was a complete joke.

So, I'm never EVER playing this joke of a game again.

And I was a loyal lifetime subscriber since pre-order before this joke of a company bought this game and DELETED the old forums.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    KAGE... 2 griefers from some Reddit fleet, forgot the exact name of the fleet. Forgot their names too. TRIBBLE up with the room. Luckily, we still creamed the Borg with the optionals, but it was really annoying to have 2 people messing us up. Wish we could team-kill people like that. I know I would totally doooo it. :D:D:D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Mirror normal a couple hours ago. Guy in an Obelisk only half-paying attention (at one point he was just sitting there not even shooting, just letting his swarmers attack but he was well within firing range). Guy in an assault cruiser with dual beams who I swear didn't have a single weapon to cover his rear arc. Knucklehead in an Akira who spent more time dead than alive. I swear, the only two people who even halfway knew what they were doing were me and the Vesta jock, and even the Vesta spent a little too much time shooting and not enough closing rifts.
    *snip whiny BS*
    *slow clap* Very impressive off-topic rant.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    angiewilliamsangiewilliams Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Noobs that can't hack it in the ignore aggro lines method on IGE. Cmon noobs step up your game. Ige has been easy for 2 years. I can kill one group on any class myself easy why can't you other 4 noobs handle 2 workers on the other side? :(
  • Options
    olivia211olivia211 Member Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Khitomer Elite ground. My entire team was AFK. I am not kidding. We basically stood at the entrance for 15 minutes. No one would respond to me in chat. Finally, they realized no one was doing the run so one by one they left.
    No, I am not who you think I am. I am someone different. I am instead a banana.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Noobs that can't hack it in the ignore aggro lines method on IGE. Cmon noobs step up your game. Ige has been easy for 2 years. I can kill one group on any class myself easy why can't you other 4 noobs handle 2 workers on the other side? :(
    Anyone, who snipes the Borg in IGE is a wussy to me. Run in in an organized way, take out the groups, save the officers. Win. EZ.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    knightdmosaic170knightdmosaic170 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    Hmmm, these days the worst STF experience for me was one a few weeks back where my connection decided to go south on me whilst I was already in ISE. I ended up with such bad lag that I had no control of my ship and the borg vessels were loading with place holder names rather than actual names, luckily I DCd fairly quickly, but odds are it left the pug I was in thinking that I was a shoddy AFKer who then rage quit on them....

It's bad enough when you have a team member not pulling their weight, it's even worst when through no fault of your own YOU are the team member not pulling their weight...

Just thought I'd change things a bit from complaining about other people. ;) Gave me more of an insight into how sometimes maybe the pug member acting like an idiot doesn't actually have any say in the matter. Like the time I was doing cure space with my old fleet, lag (didn't know I was lagging until it was nearly too late) had my screen showing me attacking the probes under the first cube, with my fleet asking me what the heck I was doing, when boing suddenly my client caught up and I realised I was actually shooting the probes under the last cube.....:rolleyes:

Just to note, any time I experience lag like this I log out of the game and start doing repeated tests on my connection and don't log back in until I am confident I'm not going to lag. Wish some other folks would learn to do the same. :P

I agree with this completely.

Usually every other hour or so STO on my computer becomes a white screen at worst and at best every ship in sight glows blinding with pixel's everywhere. So, a day or so ago I am doing The Breach we take out the hard points and Breach the hull. STO, video Card, or whatever trigger's and the explosion becomes blinding pixel's. Regardless, I never make it through the giant hole. Being blinded by a white screen and what looks like an opening I log off.

Log back on, somehow still their, and the problem seems fixed. I make it inside, catch up, enter the first large chamber and the whole lower floor is glowing. Then some of the ships and the further I went in it got worse. No lag, just hard to operate when parts of the wall are glowing heavily. I was effective as I could be despite one too many things glowing. So, yeah. I was the worse one in this thing. I'll admit it and apologize to the people I was in it with. I'm sorry, really.

However, because of things like this happening to me I don't get mad. Sometimes you are the best and sometimes your off the mark in a Fleet Action. Then their are cases when the game or your computer decides to go haywire on you. In which case your just going to look bad because of it.

Otherwise, as far as worst STF's go. I was in the Azure Nebula Rescue tonight. A player in a Scimitar spent half his time spamming team chat about how overkill he was in the most arrogant way possible. Yes, your in a Scimitar Dreadnought, all hail your mighty skill and shinny weapons. Flying a giant "I win button" in a low level Fleet Action require's so much skill clearly.
    If his chattering wasn't bad, he kept dumping off the disabling of the Tractor Beam's on other player's so he could rush to the next kill. Then, he would gloat about picking up all the dropped gear. Regardless I was glad when this match ended.

I did some other STF's and when the cool down ended I went back into Nebula Rescue. We cleared around 11 Romulan ships with the Scimitar pilot. I went in the second time around their was no Scimitar, just three cruiser's, Avenger, and a Romulan Temporal ship. We cleared 15 Romulan ships without Mr. Scimitar overkill. Working together is far better than any single ship or Elite douche in his Scimitar Dreadnought.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Usually every other hour or so STO on my computer becomes a white screen at worst and at best every ship in sight glows blinding with pixel's everywhere.
    if this is what i think it is, next time it happens, type this in your chat bar, hit the enter key and it should fix that: /tex_memory_unload_threshold 200000000
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    knightdmosaic170knightdmosaic170 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if this is what i think it is, next time it happens, type this in your chat bar, hit the enter key and it should fix that: /tex_memory_unload_threshold 200000000

Thank you. I'll try this next time my game goes white and bright on me.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    ISE. This morning.

3 complete idiots, an elite guy in a ship I didn't see, and me in my Scimitar. Only, it was my RP set (thalaron gun, MK 12 purple protonic polarons and a quantum torp, no elite consoles), not my epic DPS loadout.

So I grit my teeth, buff up, and do a decloaking alpha that melts the cube in 3 seconds. The three idiots (a Prometheus, a Klingon dyson ship, and something else) get killed by the spheres.

By the SPHERES.

I launch my (regular) drone ships and melt the spheres in 5 seconds.

Elite dude takes the left cube while I melt a generator with an epic crit alpha. I get the other gens and have the transformer on 50% health when I realize that it's healing up because the idiot in the Dyson ship didn't even grav well the healer spheres.

Get this. He was on the far side of the transformer taking potshots at the cube.

So Elite Guy has a tantrum and leaves. I grit my teeth, other three guys in respawn waiting room, and melt the spheres with a cannon barrage in about ten seconds, then eat the transformer with a thalaron crit just for show.

Some guy in a Sovvie with the free Reman shields warps in; he's going to be important later.

We go right. Two idiots still in respawn hell.

I melt the cube but it takes 10 seconds because my best buffs are on CD. I hit two gens and then take spheres.

The other guys have a COMBINED DPS of 1k at this point. Which is just hilarious; I'm pushing 10K DPS and this isn't even a good loadout. My alphas are hitting 20k, more if I crit.

Sovvie guy at least spreads a little warp plasma, but I still draw a ton of aggro and reverse shield polarity is on CD, so I pop. Respawn, heal the injury, melt spheres, blast a generator into oblivion, waste spheres, eat transformer because the other 4 guys FINALLY have the last gen down.

Tac cube spawns. I go beast mode and hit every buff, eat the remaining spheres and get it to 75% hull before I pop.

It takes me like 10 minutes to get it down to 10% hull (because I die another 2 times and I'm out of components because I forgot to stock up), at which point I die about a second before the idiots kill the gate.

They rush over...and are useless. The cube is on 15% hull and half shields on all sides by the time I get back up. While I'm dead, I finally get fed up and call the other guys idiot n00bs and tell them that their DPS is pants and they can't tank worth beans.

Cloak, buffs which are finally all back up at the same time, alpha, melts in seconds.

Sovvie Guy whines at me, says that he's not a n00b, he's just been playing for only 17 days, and what do I mean his gear sucks, how can I possibly be doing so much damage without his elite superguns.

His elite superguns are MK XI green single disruptor beams.

MK XI green single disruptor beams

MK XI GREEN SINGLE DISRUPTOR BEAMS.

I take my loot, leave, heal my ship, and queue for IGE to try out my shiny new MK 12 OMEGA ground set. In which I get 1 sci and 3 idiots in white gear who keep ruining every single room by rushing in and claim to be doing it "for fun", despite wiping in literally every room, in even the weakest encounters.

Not the best day ever.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    This is kind of the opposite of bad:

IGE run. Hardest STF in the game, except maybe Hive Space Elite. I have only ever gotten the optional ONCE on this.

Team of 5, two in adapted MACO gear, one in Dyson, one in elite fleet stuff, and me in KHG MK 12 gear.

We go in, and tear the mission apart. Coordinated, methodical, lightning-fast attacks.

We get 9/10 crewmen. 9/10. Just barely missed the last.

We're tearing apart the boss room, and my lag spikes, rubberbanding me into the plasma. 10 rezzes later, I'm back on my feet and shooting. We get the boss out on the first try (even though it's close), and we nuke her in 20 seconds.

Pure awesome.

I got 11 BNPs from that.

Really epic, thanks to the other guys for a monster team.
  • Options
    jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Had a joyous batch on Sunday. I didn't start in the best of moods (just bored of the repetition) so I was hoping for a quick night. I cursed myself there :(

ISE. Good start, everyone's in position going through the motions. One gets bored and leaves. No explanation, nothing gone wrong, just flies away and off the map. And it all went downhill from there - my connection cut off for a bit, landed me back in the map half an hour later and we were still going with spheres everywhere.

There were two left in there all that time still going - gotta love that determination, but not exactly a great night all round.

Only needing five marks to bump up a tier, I jumped into the Cure Found... and everything went well until the third cube, and then suddenly everyone became immune to finishing it off. I figured I'd just go shoot it down, only for someone to smash the keyboard with rage and anger that no one was taking the cube down - despite them being in the perfect position to do it and not firing a shot.

Considering I was already completely bored with the repetition of these, I think I'll give it a miss for a while.
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • Options
    angrybear32angrybear32 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    The worst so far was in mirror event elite.

Right from the start 1 guy left (perhaps a d/c you never really know) that never came back.
    Not 30 seconds later, 2 others left.. definitely not a dc in those cases.

So stubborn me and stubborn last fellow, finished it together.

Still had like 50 or 60 marks out of it.
  • Options
    catliketypingcatliketyping Member Posts: 611
    edited April 2014
    This last one was just weird. And no Scimitars in the group, mostly Starfleet cruisers... and yet I didn't see a ton of FAW either... very odd.

Anyway, it's Infected Space Elite. Pop the first cube & spheres, no problem.

I noticed some other guy just hanging out, but not moving to either side, really. Handling a side is okay with just 4 as long as the one guy doesn't pop a generator, so whatever.

(On my Romulan, I run an Ar'kif right now, still testing builds... so weapons are kind of TRIBBLE (Phased Tetryon DHCs, DBB, turret, borg cutting beam, the tractor mines... but at least it's a focused build, even if it will never be a top DPS ship with those weapons. And as for the Tractor Mines: Ar'kifs have a Universal Lt. Com, but just an Ensign Eng, so if you don't use the Lt. Com for Eng, then your options to heal are all on the Sci side, and they all kind of trip each other's cooldowns. I can grab Grav Well if I slot Sci in the universal, but then I get screwed in other ways. So the Tractor Mines are the emergency tool, even if a turret would give me better DPS.)

On the left, one generator pops really fast. The other generators, not so fast. By the time I'm cycled back over towards the Gate, at least 2 generators are still up & Nanites are halfway over. So I shifted to stall the Nanites... even though I had just the Tractor Mines to do it.

No grav wells in the PUG, I guess (or at least they weren't used on Nanites), so even though I've halted a couple Nanites with my Tractor Mines, that was it. I didn't see anyone drop a grav well. Eventually, they get through, and that's the end of the Optional... but I did what I could to stop them.

Anyway, we wrap up cleaning up the mess on the left. Most of us, anyway. One guy (the complainer) is bragging how far he got the right down by himself before Nanites showed up over there.

I didn't quite understand that part. If he was so hot, how did the left go so slow with the generators so that Nanites were almost on top of the transformer with 4 of the 5 PUGgers on the left, and yet the right got down to 30% with just one person solo?

Then it spiraled into DPS bragging & how much I sucked at STFs.

I guess the complainer didn't notice my Tractor Mines or something, but he was annoyed that I went after Nanites. If I didn't shift over with my mines, the Nanites would have been on top of the Transformer anyway... but whatever. It was a mess.

With all those cruisers, it wasn't a good DPS group, so burning a single generator down without a little more coordination was just silly. Sometimes, when you race to finish the STF, it takes longer.

I need to go back to ships with Grav Well, I think. I remember being in one Infected with a Nebula-class, and I was the only one who dropped a Grav Well while clearing the left (on my KDF, with a Mirror Negh'var or a Hegh'ta)... the Nebula didn't do it until after the Optional got blown.

Are people too fixated on DPSing the things down? Not all of us run Scimitars!
    Nessia (KDF Sci)
    IKS Korrasami (Fleet B'rel Bird of Prey Retrofit T5-U)
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've just been through the worst CSE in a long time.

It looked good at the start and within the first few mins me in a Vesta and a Wells class are hammering the right side whilst the other 3 are on the left and middle cubes. All the first wave of bops were dead in seconds and the probes were getting killed fairly well too.

Then suddenly its like whole map gets aggro'd by someone so there's suddenly Bops everywhere and also the other 3 player on the right and middle seem to drop their dps by half at least as they can't seem to kill anything spawing on their side. :confused::eek:

Me and the Wells are trying to take out Bops on our side whilst healing the Kang and taking out the waves of Bops coming from the other cubes because by now the 3 players over there have started ignoring the spawning ships and are just trying to kill the probes and cubes with their pitiful dps.
    They didn't have enough dps to do this very fast so there were swarms of npcs on the Kang with only 2 sci ships to defend it from 3 sides.
    I'm pretty certain on of the 3 was an Obelisk carrier and he didn't relaunch and hanger pets so his dps was gone once the fighters were all dead.

Then they eventually pop a cube so now were are overrun with Raptors so the Kang is losing health fast. We both try to keep the Raptors off the Kang but there must have been 9 of the attacking it from all angle and no amount of grav wells will sort that mess out. Its dead in less than a minute despite 2 of us trying to heal it constantly and letting our ships take a pounding as we have no heals left for ourselves.

I don't mind healing or defending the Kang but i object to using all my heals on the Kang so i can't save myself. An i also object when the team pays no attention to what is going on and lets a ton of npcs through without even trying to kill them.:mad:
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    jon59650jon59650 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    While not an STF I had to deal with some loser during ANR.

Basically there was this internet tough guy bragging how he can solo ANR and was harassing a player because he wouldnt let him go solo. He kept on harassing the players and got pissed when I told him "no one cares if you can solo".

The loser said he was going to find me in real life and murder my family. (can you believe this guy?). Once the mission was over I left and went to get something to eat. When I come back I get a ton of private messages sent from 2 different accounts, obviously from the same guy.

He continues to send threats, saying I'm a coward for not fighting him and how I just like to talk ****. Really? I never realized "no one cares" is talking ****. Some time later I kept on getting similar messages from others in the same fleet as that guy.

Avoid fleet with the name "Ignotus" in the name. Pretty sure they are run by losers like this guy.
    sto-afk-list.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    jon59650 wrote: »

Basically there was this internet tough guy bragging how he can solo ANR and was harassing a player because he wouldnt let him go solo. He kept on harassing the players and got pissed when I told him "no one cares if you can solo".

The loser said he was going to find me in real life and murder my family. (can you believe this guy?). Once the mission was over I left and went to get something to eat. When I come back I get a ton of private messages sent from 2 different accounts, obviously from the same guy.

He continues to send threats, saying I'm a coward for not fighting him and how I just like to talk ****. Really? I never realized "no one cares" is talking ****. Some time later I kept on getting similar messages from others in the same fleet as that guy.

Avoid fleet with the name "Ignotus" in the name. Pretty sure they are run by losers like this guy.

Name-and-shame isn't allowed on the forums, but JFC that guy's an assh*le.
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I shouldn't laugh, because it's not funny as such - but the pure, unadulterated, stupidity of such players really is laughable.

I mean, said player is VERY likely a fat, lazy, basement dwelling Orc, and therefore has neither the resources, money or stamina to leave it's basement. Reminds me of this:
    http://subversivethinking.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/internet-tough-guys-online-warriors.html

To get so wound up about a GAME indicates a severe personality disorder.

LOL

I was reading his post and thinking almost the same as you. When I read "murder family", I was like "yeah, the guy getting up from the chair is probably an extraordinary ocasion let alone killing someone". It would probably end up in unintentional suicide.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Who left their DPS behind in that KSE I did last night?

We had me in my unfinished and therefore underpowered Mirror Negh and my buddy in his Kar'Fi. Then there was a Scimmy that kept dying, a Vo'Quv who seemed to know what he was doing maneuvers-wise but had a half-dozen injuries when he came in, and some weirdo in a Sov using tetryon beams and a single antiproton (probably the omni). My Mk XI plasma-disruptor hybrid DHCs were doing more damage than the last guy was.

And then I started getting invisitorped repeatedly, which, why the frak hasn't that been fixed yet?

The amazing part was, despite the handicaps, we still managed to avoid letting any probes through, and only lost the optional because time ran out. We blew the second gate maybe twenty seconds after the timer died.

And then we come to Donatra, who keeps cloaking due to people getting too close, at one point actually had her hull going back up, and one of the others (don't recall which one) didn't seem to realize that getting caught in the big glowing green cone is a bad idea. I mean, she got me once because I couldn't get clear in time and she clipped my tail, but this guy didn't even seem to realize you could get out of the way.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    saeynsaeyn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Seriously, report him to Cryptic. There should be no place for that BS anywhere, and people shouldn't get away with it. Not to get all mother hen but "cyber bullying" as the olds call it is a real thing and shouldn't be tolerated.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    saeyn wrote: »
    Seriously, report him to Cryptic. There should be no place for that BS anywhere, and people shouldn't get away with it. Not to get all mother hen but "cyber bullying" as the olds call it is a real thing and shouldn't be tolerated.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Internet Tough Guys are disgusting human beings as well as pathetic losers.
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2014

People who are using the anonymity of the internet to insult and threaten people - i´m sure they are too cowardish to say it face to face in RL - are really pissing me off.

And the only solution is to report them. Don´t argue with them, they are not worth it. Just click on the "report to GM" option.

Oh, and I hope that you will make more positive experiences in the future.

Greetings, K.E.J.

Edit:
    saeyn wrote: »

I agree.
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Does nobody guard the Kang anymore on CSE?

I've just done a game where the Kang was down to 3% hull with 5 raptors swarming round it and only 2 science vessels trying to cover it whilst all the other were off trying to kill the cubes.
    They let every single bop, raptor and negh'var through as they were too busy trying to flatten the cubes in the fastest time but were failing miserably. There was even a JHAS in there doing barely anything despite as it kept dying repeatedly and couldn't dps its way out of a paper bag.

Me in a vesta and this rom dyson ship were trying to hold of the hordes of npcs but for some reason to the rom guy didn't try using any heals on the Kang and just sat parked over it shooting at the npcs.

When it goes to hell like that the team really needs tp pay more attention!

Man it was a close call!:eek:
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Does nobody guard the Kang anymore on CSE?

I've just done a game where the Kang was down to 3% hull with 5 raptors swarming round it and only 2 science vessels trying to cover it whilst all the other were off trying to kill the cubes.
    They let every single bop, raptor and negh'var through as they were too busy trying to flatten the cubes in the fastest time but were failing miserably. There was even a JHAS in there doing barely anything despite as it kept dying repeatedly and couldn't dps its way out of a paper bag.

Me in a vesta and this rom dyson ship were trying to hold of the hordes of npcs but for some reason to the rom guy didn't try using any heals on the Kang and just sat parked over it shooting at the npcs.

When it goes to hell like that the team really needs tp pay more attention!

Man it was a close call!:eek:

Two things:

1) PUG

2) There is no penalty for failing mission, or option to fail any other team mission in this game so people don't even bother to play as team
  • Options
    fmgtorres1979fmgtorres1979 Member Posts: 1,327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    OK, today I did have the worst STF ever in over 2 years playing. Really.
    We couldn't complete...ISE! Yes ISE. An STF that does not fail. I mean unless most of the team leaves, go figure why...
    I've said before, I'm not a great player, I don't do a lot of damage with my ships, and my builds are meant to allow me to enjoy the game and not optimized for the best possible. However, I do try to play at my best in each mission and put on a team mindset effort.

So I was on my FED alligned ROM in a D'Deridex. It starts, the cube goes, the spheres go, one of the team mates blows up. Ok, I've seen it before, it happens. I go left, everyone goes left, except one guy. But then it looked like he had noticed it and was coming back to join us. We start the attack on the cube. Cube is gone, start on the generators. And here I did make a mistake - two actually. The first was not changing targets fastly enough which meant I took out the generator and the second was not waiting to see if the team could handle it. As I said, I don't do much damage, so I usually try to figure out if it's a DPS team or not. And it was not. But I was able to correct my mistake, by destroying another generator while heading towards the nanite spheres and using the projected singularity to push them away form the transformer. It worked. As I pushed the spheres away, the team blew up the final generator and started hitting the transformer. I kept firing at it while still in the middle of the spheres. So far so good as the optional wasn't lost and the transformer blows up.
    Now I engage the spheres, but as time passes I notice that there are still a lot of spheres. Why? Well, because only two people are engaging them. One guy is AFK far away from the fight, the others went to the right side immediately and didn't clear the spheres. There is only one person helping me. I kept at it but ended up blowing up - mistake number 3 - by choosing to keep firing instead of hitting phase inverter and running away after taking aggro form the gate and the two remaining spheres and pushing it having the hull at 40%.
    I respawn and see that the guys on the right haven't even destroyed the cube. One has blown up and, the other is hitting the generators. He blows one up, and this time there's not enough people to take the other ones fast enough. The optional is about to be gone. But did it end there? Of course not...meanwhile I'm already there, finish off the last generator and start on the transformer. But everyone else was engaging the spheres. It didn't take long before one of the spheres managed to heal the transformer. It was bound to happen.
    After getting rid of the nanite spheres I fire at the transformer again, but they are still hitting the spheres. We start a loop as there's always a sphere reaching the heal distance because no one fires at the transformer after the nanite spheres are destroyed and while they engage the normal spheres a new nanite sphere that spawned reaches the transformer.
    And now comes the great conclusion: one guy leaves. I think to myself that there's no point in keeping at the transformer if everyone is fighting the spheres, so I engage them as well. Two more guys leave, and now it's just me and the guy (or girl) in the Excelsior.
    Now, this was the only thing positive in the whole mess. This person stuck by. We spent the next minutes trying to dispatch the spheres fast enough to blow up the transformer. But we couldn't. We almost got it, but we just didn't have the DPS. I tried pushing the spheres away again, and we almost made it, but we needed a few more seconds that we never got. If we fired on the transformer, the nanite spheres would make it in range and heal it. If we fired at the spheres, they spawned faster than we could bring them and the transformer down. We stuck at it for quite sometime trying some strategies to try and make it, but it became clear it wouldn't work. I texted it was time to give up and thanked him/her for not leaving and keeping at it. He/she didn't reply back but I could see he/she understood and disengaged.

I still don't understand why the other three people left. Even with the optional gone it's better to stay and get a few marks, than get none. And if two of us almost made it, the whole team would obvioulsy make it.

EDIT: So sorry, very long post
  • Options
    shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    People leave because they think losing 15 marks is the end of the world.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    People leave because they think losing 15 marks is the end of the world.

LOL, too true...