test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crew Uniforms

13»

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I want the BALDRIC SASH for FED Kringon BOFF.
    and i want the beret.
  • dublightdublight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Putting in my two cents for this feature. I'd like to see it.
    @Jaime
    Check out my Character Creation Guides!
    Click me.
    <Ragnarok> Fleet
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I like what you're going for here what I'd do is if you want have the option to choose a 'Ship Uniform' like a fleet uniform that populates all the options. Can we get it with female and male versions for those of us that like our females in skirts? :) That way all our BOFFs would be easier to dress as we get them AND our other generic wandering crew would be good too and that way wouldn't have to be in the same if we have a color blind fleet. :D
  • rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i would love for this to happen. not to mention that since season 6 has launched i would love to see starbase crew customisation
    Long Live The Empire!
  • bermanatorbermanator Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would love to see this feature added, even if it's a special upgrade project or attached to one of the starbase tiers. (2 or 3, maybe?)

For starships, I would be willing to throw down a hundred zen, if it comes to that.

For the uniform customization you would have 6 uniforms: sci male, sci female, eng male, etc.

I'm all in for this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'd be up for crew uniforms as well - it's a bit jarring to see them all wandering aimlessly along the corridors in their Antares jumpers when my toon and my BOffs have standardised on Sierra 1s.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited July 2012
    I've been waiting for this since launch. Cryptic keeps blowing it off. Here's a working title for Season 7: Ship Interiors-Let's Get It Done. Now that the ferengi boxes are going, get rid of the lobi crystals, (stupid idea, anyhow), exchange them for latinum (underutilized currency), and make a latinum store with outfits, and stuff to customize ship interiors. Make a poker game where you can bet latinum. Have an armory for weapons, a bar, and kitchen for food and libations storage. A shuttle bay, so you don't waste ship slots. A closet to hang all the armored EV suits you stole from the Tholians. I don't know about you guys, but I'm running out of bank slots...
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited July 2012
    Just to condense and update this here.

We want Ship Uniforms, so we can set a Male/Female Default Uniform for our ships so we don't look out of place.

We also now want Fleet Uniforms to be used on Star Bases.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • rgrgeomrgrgeom Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i would personally like 5-10 boff style slots for people i can design in the tailor to be my not so random npc's on my ship or starbase. that means i can have an all vulcan crew if i desire. or an all female crew of orion slave girls or an all terran ship for my TE character.
    Long Live The Empire!
  • jafobss1701jafobss1701 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Agree MAKE IT SO CRYPTIC. Maybe even charge ZEN for it. MONEY MONEY!! Yeah ya know ya like that word MONEY!
  • rawskilzrawskilz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree, you can never get too much customization! ^^
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    aye. had enough of the random crew on my ship.
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about make it easy, and just have all Bridge Officers/ship crew wear the Fleet's uniform in the colours for their specific department?

Jim
  • dabsdye98dabsdye98 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They need a special interior for the Galaxy that would make it look like it did in the TNG Shows, like the TOS Pack. Heck, i'd buy it even if it were in the Zen store. Plus, an NX-01 Interior or a special Voyager interior like they did with the Belfast would be great.
    "Remember Rule of Acquisition #7-
    'Keep your ears open.'"
  • beritpandionberitpandion Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think the idea was mentioned but not sure. Another idea on the same line as this is the ability to choose your crew makeup. For example I could see a crew of all female Klingons running around in a BoP. The Duras Sisters spring to mind though the crew wasn't all female it wouldn't be a stretch.
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I would purchase more costume packs if I were able to use them on my crew. I love the Enterprise Jumpsuit style, and would purchase them for sure if my crew could also equip them, but they can't so I shall keep my money.

It looks really silly when you look completely different from the rest of your crew.

Also on a side note, i'd love it if I could choose one of my BO's to accompany me while I walked the halls of my ship. How many great conversations were held between Picard and Riker as they strolled through the ship? Without BO's walking through the ship, we'd of missed out on memorable lines, such as:

Riker: "Smooth as an Android's bottom"

Data: [shakes head no]
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • augustofvhaugustofvh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I agree, seeing my entire crew with a different uniform than my bridge offices is frustrating. And we shouldnt have to pay Zen for this!
  • miloguyaussiemiloguyaussie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    would be a great idea if we could have an onboard tailor on our ships
    rather than flying all the way back to esd all the time

and have the ranks etc back please!!
    Milo Knight -Star fleet Engineer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • horatiobarryhoratiobarry Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well even the crewmembers on the fleet starbases don't wear Fleet uniforms...

But I still hope this feature will come some day... :)

praghas wrote:
    Also on a side note, i'd love it if I could choose one of my BO's to accompany me while I walked the halls of my ship. How many great conversations were held between Picard and Riker as they strolled through the ship?

Besides this it would be great if you could take one BOFF to the community starbases. Hey, you can take those silly Hortas, Sehlat cats and little apes with you, why not your XO? :cool:
    (And, no, I don't have one of those bikini-girls onboard...)
  • daniela1055daniela1055 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Oh i would absolutely love having crew uniforms on my ships and the fleet base instead of all this random crowd.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Myself and my fleet have been discussing this in quite some depth recently, and I thought I would make a post here to see how the community felt as well.

I love being able to choose my uniform, and choose my boff's uniform, but it bothers me that I can't do the same for my crew who wonder aimlessly about the decks of my ship! I think it would be hugely beneficial for us to be able to customize the standard uniform for THE WHOLE crew.

It could be separated easily into Engineering, Tactical, and Science colours, and then the computer does the rest, and decides which bots are which career! Simple considering it already does this, but now your crew will actually feel a lot more like your own crew?

My fleet are starting to do voice RP on board each others ships, and we're trying to use as much of the ship as possible, but it puts a huge dampener on the spirit of it when you walk around in your TNG Movie uniform and the crew walking about is stuck in the Antares 1.

Give us a bit more customization! We would all love it!!! :)

When I wrote the crew system that turned into the doff system I had a crew uniform by class, your DOFFS and boffs in the interior, but cryptic only use broke up my ideas and degraded the quality. The closest they have come to incorporating crew uniforms is the tos interior that was great, but severly dumbed down from what I authored and proposed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]