test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crew Uniforms

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    lets try to keep this topic rolling so hopefully crptic take notice. i would appreciate a devs opinion on the matter
    edited March 2012
    Geom wrote: »
    lets try to keep this topic rolling so hopefully crptic take notice. i would appreciate a devs opinion on the matter

It interesting the New DOff Interface may also get Cryptic to look at more as it more of issue under their new DOFF system.
    edited March 2012
    I know that this feature has been requested many times in th past, and that tech limitations were cited as the reason for it not already being a possibility, but I'd also like to see this feature become a reality.

Throwing my support behind this one; hell, I'd even buy the option to do this from the C-Store if that's what it took to get this feature in-game.
    edited March 2012
    I support this proposal, again and again :D
    edited March 2012
    of course crew uniforms is a must have. especially since its such an easy task to include them in the game.
    its just a uniform slot that is used by crew instead of generic uniform settings. they could even sell that slot and make it free later but they so much dont care about ship interiors.

still we can hope that maybe in another 3 years they add that to interiors as they couldnt care less. hopefully thou picking up assignments from the interior more players that have long abondoned the inside of their ship will rise up against the yet worst made part of the game.

still theres much people cant understand in this game, they made things like risa just for sightseeing but dont manage to copy paste a ready shuttlehangar in the ship interiors. ship interiors boast alot potential for the most immersive playing field in the game to host all different tasks and there is a large playerbase in the foundry willig to even do the work for cryptic. but its not on the plan nor will it move there without alot of efford from the playerbase. just remember that it requiered months of constant nagging of the whole playerbase about missing interiors just to get them to sit down a bit to put that placeholder in there.

we should make a petition signed by every player.
    technical difficulties is nonesense, its just a reference to change from the generic location to the saved costume slot location. unless they havent fired anyone that can programm there is no problem. but since we still see all crew beam in when exiting the turbo lift instead of loading during the loading time like in every other instance of the game and still having to watch the beam sequence even when it doesnt make sense since we just switch to exterior view, it pretty much looks like they dont have any programmers left. atleast they arent allowed to work on that part of the game.
    edited March 2012
    I agree with this completely, ideally with an ability to set uniforms by department
    edited March 2012
    I would love to be able to set my crew uniforms. I hate the random jumble of officers running around my ship, Having the crew all in the uniform I make for them would go a long way towards making the ship feel like feel its actually mine.
    edited March 2012
    I support the idea!
    edited March 2012
    So it's settled then, all of STO is in agreement!!!

The simplest way I can think of doing it, is just setting it by department really. Want to keep the ball rolling on this!
    edited March 2012
    an dev input?
    edited March 2012
    Jstagg wrote:
    So it's settled then, all of STO is in agreement!!!

The simplest way I can think of doing it, is just setting it by department really. Want to keep the ball rolling on this!

That would be awsome. It could utilize the same tech used for Fleet uniforms, the only problem I could see there are those gender limitet outfits like the 7of9 suit or the T'pol suit...
    edited March 2012
    Jstagg wrote:
    Myself and my fleet have been discussing this in quite some depth recently, and I thought I would make a post here to see how the community felt as well.

I love being able to choose my uniform, and choose my boff's uniform, but it bothers me that I can't do the same for my crew who wonder aimlessly about the decks of my ship! I think it would be hugely beneficial for us to be able to customize the standard uniform for THE WHOLE crew.

It could be separated easily into Engineering, Tactical, and Science colours, and then the computer does the rest, and decides which bots are which career! Simple considering it already does this, but now your crew will actually feel a lot more like your own crew?

My fleet are starting to do voice RP on board each others ships, and we're trying to use as much of the ship as possible, but it puts a huge dampener on the spirit of it when you walk around in your TNG Movie uniform and the crew walking about is stuck in the Antares 1.

Give us a bit more customization! We would all love it!!! :)

/signed.

But if this feature comes to life this would cost 400CP or something ... oh, okay, I'm logging in right now, must do dailies ...
    edited March 2012
    That would be awsome. It could utilize the same tech used for Fleet uniforms, the only problem I could see there are those gender limitet outfits like the 7of9 suit or the T'pol suit...

just don't let them be choices for base uniform, but can still give them to an individual Boff

Or let the guys wear them along with TNG "manskirts" (I don't recall if that's an available uniform right now) in some sort of "fabulous" update...
    edited March 2012
    just don't let them be choices for base uniform, but can still give them to an individual Boff

Or let the guys wear them along with TNG "manskirts" (I don't recall if that's an available uniform right now) in some sort of "fabulous" update...

I was refering to the suggestion to tie the Crew uniform to the department heads uniform.

The Fleet-uniform-tech works simple: If you are fleet leader (or have the rights to change unifoms) you can just maken the uniform you are currently wearing a Fleet uniform (as long as it isnt a C-store uniform).

The ones I createt (first contact uniform) fits perfectly to every bo yet.

So the idea is simple to assign every random NPC in the interiors to 1 department.
    And they use the uniform the selectet department head has.

The benefit is that we could mix uniforms; for example self-createt civilian outfits, more diffrent color schemes, opened and closed TOS-Movie unoiforms, I know people who would like to mix ds9-and tng series uniforms like in Generations, I'd like to mix Ent- and Terran universe uniforms. The list is long.

True, a simple general uniform setting would be-... after 2 years... great too. That one just would be better.
    edited March 2012
    What difference would that make? All we need is six new taylor options, eng tac sci male + female ship crew uniform. No reason why those shouldn't accept everything you bought in the c-store.
    edited March 2012
    I would very much like to see some added controls over the personnel on the interior of my ship.

Certainly, having the ability to set uniforms, but let's take a step back from that, and look at the overview first.

I'd like to be able to set the general amount of NPCs that my interior boasts first and foremost. For an example, inside the Belfast interior, it seems there are way too many NPCs milling around for a ship that has a crew of only 50.

Additionally, I'd like control over the composition of my crew, based on races.

Finally some control over the type of crew I see in my interior. I would break this category into the following sub-categories:

Tactical
    Engineering / Ops
    Science
    Medical
    Crewman / NCO
    Civillian

I am seeing this a a control page within the Ship Editor, with 3 tabs: Population, Races & Departments. Each of these tab pages would have sliders where I could set percentages for these categories, in the range of 0-100%. Using a slider system like this, I might be able to set the following as an example:

Crew Population: 35% (With 100% reflecting a preset value on Large Interior, and scaling down the number for there)

Races:

Human: 40%
    Andorian: 15%
    Vulcan: 10%
    Tellarite: 15%
    Bolian: 0%
    Ferengi: 0%
    Caitian: 5%
    Trill: 5%
    Alien: 10%

Departments:

Engineering & Ops: 40%
    Tactical: 30%
    Science: 5%
    Medical: 5%
    Crewman & NCO: 15%
    Civillian: 5%

In this manner, people could set how their ship is populated, if they prefer a certain type of interior, or as I attempted to ilustrate above, values that could be used to approximate a 2280's crew makeup, where you wouldn't have Bolians, Ferengi, etc serving, but rather a mostly human crew, with the other "Federation Founder" species, and some aliens tossed in for good measure.

Now, that being said, I would see a button next to each of the "Department" categories which would take you to the Costume Tailor interface, where you could set a uniform for each department, in both Male and Female versions.

Now, beyond that, I'd also like control of where my BOFFs are stationed when I am in my interior, however I don't see us having control of that until such time that we can do custom interiors and bridges using the Foundry.
    edited March 2012

lots of stuff

Yeah that of course would be a dream; I dont even see that so hard to do, be we requestet that since beta and its obviously more important to add lock boxes, uniforms ppl will never get because the STF droprates suck... Pakled BOs and player captains...
    I'm sorry even stuff like the ground revamp or the DO system should have waitet until the BASIC FUNCTIONS of that game work, and THIS in one of them.

Oh and add a way to rule the BO positions on the ship/in the interior to the lust and I'd befine with the interior costumisation.
    edited March 2012
    for actually making the uniform it would be enough if they add one uniform slot. generic npc and on the first page we put together the male and on the second page the female uniform(we can import from saved uniforms, no need to tie to department heads). ofcourse a simple way to make departments would be the addition of a department colour that takes the colour of each department. so we just choose which parts show the department colours.
    edited March 2012
    Neliana wrote:
    for actually making the uniform it would be enough if they add one uniform slot. generic npc and on the first page we put together the male and on the second page the female uniform(we can import from saved uniforms, no need to tie to department heads). ofcourse a simple way to make departments would be the addition of a department colour that takes the colour of each department. so we just choose which parts show the department colours.
    Yeah, we don't really need more than this because we still don't spend enough time in ship interiors to have that much dev ressources devoted to it. There is no need to micromanage the percentage of crew member races. No need to get this OCD about it ;)
    edited March 2012
    we can hope with the new focus on interiors and the doff stuff that maybe more features like crew uniforms will be added. possibly mini games or something else would be cool as well
    edited March 2012
    Jstagg wrote:
    Myself and my fleet have been discussing this in quite some depth recently, and I thought I would make a post here to see how the community felt as well.

I love being able to choose my uniform, and choose my boff's uniform, but it bothers me that I can't do the same for my crew who wonder aimlessly about the decks of my ship! I think it would be hugely beneficial for us to be able to customize the standard uniform for THE WHOLE crew.

It could be separated easily into Engineering, Tactical, and Science colours, and then the computer does the rest, and decides which bots are which career! Simple considering it already does this, but now your crew will actually feel a lot more like your own crew?

My fleet are starting to do voice RP on board each others ships, and we're trying to use as much of the ship as possible, but it puts a huge dampener on the spirit of it when you walk around in your TNG Movie uniform and the crew walking about is stuck in the Antares 1.

Give us a bit more customization! We would all love it!!! :)

Agreed

Pls give us the option to make our whole crew look cool ^^

would be a great RP enhancement.
    edited March 2012
    i want as much customisation as possible and this seems like the next step. please cryptic, can we get some sort of response from a dev
    edited March 2012
    Agree, /signed, this really is a no brainer.

We can changed our Boff uniforms, we can design our character uniforms and have alternates. The crew should absolutely march the uniform of their Captain. Should have always been that way.
    edited April 2012
    1: Let us create a stock uniform for male and female officers. Ideally, we would be able to create one for the generic milling officers and also customize the outfits of the "special" officers such as the counselor and doctor.

2: Let us choose the people for the stations we interact with, like the doctor and so forth -- from our duty officer roster.

3: Stock the crew with people on our duty and bridge officer lists only. (Except for beginning players who would have the generic complement due to a lack of their own officers.)

4: Let us customize the appearance of people on our duty and bridge officer lists.

5: Let us craft duty officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

6: Let us craft bridge officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

7. Growable duty officers, so whites can graduate to greens and so on.
    edited April 2012
    1: Let us create a stock uniform for male and female officers. Ideally, we would be able to create one for the generic milling officers and also customize the outfits of the...

7. Growable duty officers, so whites can graduate to greens and so on.

Everyone, Devs, shout this from the roof tops. Officer development program. With the changes to the Doff mission line up it is now fairly difficult to have sufficient officers to get the missions covered and be successful without spending a mountain of CP on Doffs.
    edited April 2012
    Random bit of inspiration:

As it sits right now, we have 6 "department head" slots on the DOff screen. Why not make the toons that are assigned to that department match the DOff in uniform?

Only issue would be males trying to clone a lady's skirt or the ladies never wearing skirts. So, for these cases, we'd need to add an "secondary leg outfit" for the opposite sex (so that the guys on my medical staff know how their pants should look and there might be a skirt-wearing engineering lady under my male BOff...
    edited April 2012
    You'd need more than just "secondary leg" because for the classic TOS uniforms you have to change the upper part, too, if you want the classic miniskirt.

While it would be nice to distinguish medic from science personell or maybe give all security personell the mirror universe knife belts :D I don't think this is really necessary. We just need new tailor options for tac, sci and eng male + female costumes for ship crew.
    edited April 2012
    Signed.
    Uniform options for:
    Tactical. Male/Female.
    Operations. Male/Female.
    Science. Male/Female.

I like some of the more complicated ideas in this thread as well, but this would be a great start. And one I'm willing to pay for :D

Another thought, why not have an era uniform option that is premade by the devs? We already have a TOS uniformed crew, why not have TNG, DS9/VOY, TOS movies, and TNG movies? For 2409 we could have the current mix option or have Antares 1, 2, 3, ect, and Sierra 1, 2, 3, ect as the default for all crew. This last option should be way easier on the database size and an easy drop down click option for ship interiors. I'd even be willing to pay for this option :D
    edited April 2012
    I can imagine it would work just as simply as the fleet uniform structure, and you can have as many fleet uniforms as you like last time I checked?

Just waiting for a massive ship interior overhaul, but I know they have loads of other stuff to do for ships in general, but we'll get there
    edited May 2012
    any word on this yet or is it still a "too low of a priority" for the dev team? and what ever happened to holstered weapons?