Install Arc
Options

Call Out To STO Veterans

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    ithacus wrote: »
    Combat pets can be useful, Vanity pets are pointless, was disappointed you could'nt upgrade the Dilithium Horta it like the hatchling.
    For all we know upgrading the Mugato might be possible with Crafting at some point. Hope springs eternal. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Prefer a combat Mugato for a veteran reward than a pet.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Staran wrote: »
    a useless non combat pet? Really?

Makes one wonder what the 1000-day reward is going to be....
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    V-Mink wrote:

A free Odyssey ..... without the nacelles of course.... :D
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    V-Mink wrote:

It will be a new ship in the shape of a C-Point ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would rather have something useful, like more bank space or inventory space as a reward. More Doff slots would be welcome also.

How about an extra active duty Doff slot?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Shonto wrote:
    I would rather have something useful, like more bank space or inventory space as a reward. More Doff slots would be welcome also.

How about an extra active duty Doff slot?

Or an El-Aurian very rare Doff..... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    T-child wrote: »
    well said, it's sad to have to agree, but ye.
    It's pretty obvius what cryptic/perfect world is doing. they are giving us who have been loyal and sticked with the game for this long the finger and showing us how much our community/dedication really is worth to them.

They just want our money after that they just prefer us to sit down and shut up aperantly.

Thank you cryptic, it's a small thing, but it's the gesture and the way your doing it.

once again....

I totally agree. Noobs are getting the love, vets are getting the short stick for sure.

In my opinion cryptic's loyalty to veterans went out the door with F2P:(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    CptBANG wrote: »
    if this ends up to be true

same thing like getting socks for Christmas :(

the old worn out socks from your 20 year older brother

The PET should go to the C-Store and VETs should get the combat version.

If at all...

That would make more sense. It just comes down to greed in my opinion.:(
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Staran wrote: »
    Pwe is firmly commited to building the kdf to be en par with the federation in 2012.

lol really! I'll have to see it to believe it.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thutmosis wrote:
    I don't really care about the Mugato ...

... BUT it's just sad how Vet's seem to be treated right now ... with the C-Store one probably being the "+1" Version ... I feel like some old dog, nobody wants anymore and who's getting the leftovers, because making something special for him isn't worth it anymore ....

Anyone wanna bet, these will show up in the CStore as well ...? :

900 Days
    FREE Exclusive Starship "Material"
    FREE Exclusive Uniform Variant

1000 Days
    FREE Exclusive Starship Variant

I wouldn't doubt a bit.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Alecto wrote: »
    2nd vet Starship slot reward... Whoop! :D

Always useful... and the pet is well it is what it is another fun cosmetic addition to the game.

I like to collect the pets, most of which you can get for free (well you can get everything for free at the price of a major grind but ya know). ;)

On a serious note; let's turn this thread around to be a little bit more constructive and positive use of our time.

If you think the 800 day vet reward is lacking what you feel to be the "reward" part; well what do you think you deserve for subbing for 800 days?

( breathe in through the nose, out through the mouth, long slow breaths )

I have nothing positive to say on this matter, and any bile I have to spew at cryptic will go unheard anyways so why bother. #Disappointed
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Wait, why are we even talking about 800 yet? Aren't we still waiting to get the 700? Or did I miss the memo where it was ready to be claimed?

I guess the average F2P player spends more in a month than subbers do. So they know where to put thier loyalty.

Oh, you supported us all this time, even through the content drought when we were all just wondering when the game was shutting down but kept swearing to you all that everything was work as normal?

You continued to pay our salaries when we didn't do anything to earn that money, including having a CS department that could help your stuck character in less than 30 days?

Well, okay. Thanks for that I guess. Now, if you're done can you move aside and let that guy behind you have your seat? He's new here.

Yup. That's about how Cryptic makes me feel these days.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    It is pretty silly to release a better combat version, and simply fill our inventories with even more junk. For the longest time I have felt that our inventory barely represents the amount of storage that we should have on a STARSHIP. Okay, a Bird of Prey might not have the biggest cargo bays, but they can still hold a sizable amount of supplies. Certainly more than 50 charges of a hypo. On my tactical captains I chew through so many hypoes and shield charges it is ridiculous, on a lot of levels. For starters, I have no idea why it takes so much space in my inventory. Its just a HYPOSPRAY! How can 20 squirts of a hypospray be equivalent to a Deflector dish? Answer: They Can't. There has always needed to be a logical inventory system that involved ship interfaces and personal interfaces. There should be separate inventory for Cargo Holds (on each ship), Bars, Armory, Astrometrics/Computer, and Personal. The additional release of so many trash inventory items just makes it worse. I hate trash inventory, that's one thing I've always liked about this game until recently, is the lack of trash. The trash just keeps piling up now. Supposedly we were getting fewer currencies, but now we actually have far more currencies than ever before between the Defera invasion TRIBBLE we have to store, as well as the 9 to 15 kinds of TRIBBLE you get from the Borg STF's, to these random boxes, and every other kinda box and such that drops. My first characters despite having full bank and inventory, are chock full on this garbage, and I really find that unfair. In order to really soak in the game you HAVE to, but the problem is they just keep adding more, and more, and more, and more and more and more and more and more and more.

If at the very least items sorted logically, a lot of this tidbit TRIBBLE wouldn't be part of the equation and I wouldn't feel the need to complain here. As it stands I've hit the brick wall in what I can store, and I can't store anymore. Despite having a large fleet with a lot of players, we quite easily fill the bank with Mk 11 Blue and Purple or Better gear, and its not enough. Inventory has never made logical sense in this game, and I hope that they fix it. I mean serious, a stack of 5 Nepetan Leaves is the same as a Deflector??? A Deflector????? I don't think so. As far as I see it, in the new system every anomaly and sample is a form of currency in this game, and I don't see why they can't just pile it under the Assets column.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Another combat pet, and still no combat Targs. ARRRRRrrrrgghghggh!!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    CrustyMac wrote: »
    Another combat pet, and still no combat Targs. ARRRRRrrrrgghghggh!!!!

I got so riled up about the inventory angle of this issue I forgot to mention Targs. From the inception of the game, Klingon players (myself included) wanted a Targ or Saur or monster dog or what-have-you, because for their Empire it actually makes sense! Additionally, we even see npc versions of the Klingons ripping loose with attack dogs of all kinds. Obviously the AI is there, the artwork is there. Why the hell do they keep releasing wierd pets for the Federation that quite obviously would have been better served for some simple, basic Klingon pets. I don't mind that Federation players get pets, but for goodness sake, this has been a long time coming. The 800 day reward definitely leaves much to be desired, but honestly the issues surrounding it that make it a more annoying slap in the face.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I would prefer an extra bridge officer slot for all my toons. That would actually be something I could use.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The C-store variant is a bit annoying, but it isn't surprising. Next thing we know they will be selling the choose the career/gender android, and a +1 captain's yacht in the c-store. That way it will be pointless to subscribe for the vet rewards! All you need to do is pay for a cooler version now!
    And regarding the Mugato, I would be worried about the pet turning on me. The only one I have seen on the show appeared rabid and out of control. Like the stories of people trying to keep monkeys as pets, and get found torn limb from limb. Except these are much more dangerous than monkeys. Mugato pets are a bad idea.
    Question, anybody else think that the Mugato pets should eat our Tribbles if they are left in our inventory together?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Looking back over the prior x100 day list, the only in-game item has been a bridge officer. Everything else has been titles, slots, costume pieces and skill point boosts. The best so far is the fireworks. I like the costume pieces, too. I don't mind the pet, it is something that no one else will have - I assume - and wonder why no title.

This is the eighth time we have had a veteran award, and the eighth time that there have been complaints.
    No one has mentioned that we are getting a ship slot, so I guess everyone is at least happy with half of their reward.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    CrustyMac wrote: »
    I don't mind the pet, it is something that no one else will have - I assume -

Your assumption is wrong .... everyone will be able to get a Mugato, the one out of the CStore is just more useful, while Vet's get the useless one ... thats kind of the whole point of the Thread though
    m.parsons wrote:
    So the March calendar is up and the long awaited 800 day vet reward is coming.

The Mugato pet!

But here's the stinger for Veterans is that a "combat version" is coming to the c-store for EVERYONE

The reward is basically pointless for me now:(

What's your opinion?

It's not about people not liking the Vet-Rewards (some people might have hijaked the Thread for this though), but about Vet-Rewards not being anything special anymore ...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Thutmosis wrote:
    Your assumption is wrong .... everyone will be able to get a Mugato, the one out of the CStore is just more useful, while Vet's get the useless one ... thats kind of the whole point of the Thread though
    Only 800 day Gold members will get a Mugato Pet/Companion. Everyone else will need to buy a Mutago Combat Pet, which is only active for a few minutes at a time and has a cooldown before it can be used again. And I'm assuming you can have both if you like.

If you don't like the Pet it's not big deal. I'm sure there are thousands of Gold members who didn't like the Fireworks Emote, or didn't like the Alternate Future Badge. There's no guarantee you're going to like an item. There's also no guarantee your item will be completely exclusive. The people who got the Jupiter Uniform might be upset that there is another version on sale in the C-Store. The people who got the Yacht might be upset that there's several other Shuttles, some better then the Yacht, in the C-Store. The 800 day Reward isn't really any different then any of the other Rewards, IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    Only 800 day Gold members will get a Mugato Pet/Companion. Everyone else will need to buy a Mutago Combat Pet, which is only active for a few minutes at a time and has a cooldown before it can be used again. And I'm assuming you can have both if you like.

If you don't like the Pet it's not big deal. I'm sure there are thousands of Gold members who didn't like the Fireworks Emote, or didn't like the Alternate Future Badge. There's no guarantee you're going to like an item. There's also no guarantee your item will be completely exclusive. The people who got the Jupiter Uniform might be upset that there is another version on sale in the C-Store. The people who got the Yacht might be upset that there's several other Shuttles, some better then the Yacht, in the C-Store. The 800 day Reward isn't really any different then any of the other Rewards, IMO.

I think you're missing the point of the vet rewards. They're supposed to be special and exclusive so as to reward you for having played for a long time. If Cryptic puts something in the Cryptic store that makes these cool vet rewards pretty much obsolete or useless, then our vet rewards have no special meaning. What would be the point of working towards vet rewards anymore? IMO, none.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Ok I created this tread and the whole point of it is:

What is the point of veteran rewards if you can purchase them in the c-store?

And the kicker is the c-store version can be used in combat and is actually useful which the pet is not!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    While I find it frustrating that the exclusivity of the mugato pet is effectively null, I also feel that I already have enough exclusive content overall. I guess that my question is, how much exclusive stuff is sufficient to prove that you are "better" than the players around you?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I think you're missing the point of the vet rewards. They're supposed to be special and exclusive so as to reward you for having played for a long time. If Cryptic puts something in the Cryptic store that makes these cool vet rewards pretty much obsolete or useless, then our vet rewards have no special meaning. What would be the point of working towards vet rewards anymore? IMO, none.
    Vet Rewards consist of more then just a single item. They are Respects, Ship slots, etc as well as any particular item. And, as I said above, many of the item we have gotten via Vet Rewards have had similar things show up in the C-Store: such as the Jupiter uniform. How much meaning does a Yacht have when the Delta Flyer is much better and I can get it for free in a week just by grinding Dilithium? Only as much as you want to give it. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012

I don't consider the Jupiter Vet silver "bling" uniform obsolete or useless just because there is now a C-Store Starfleet Academy uniform that I prefer to wear instead.

Vet rewards are just special items. not BETTER items. Non-vets don't even get the option for a non-combat Mugato. And you definitely don't want to put anything that gives players a combat advantage as a vet reward either, as that is just unfair to everyone.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Stuff the pets, give me c-points, ship slots and respecs. :mad:

Give me something useful!
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    How much meaning does a Yacht have when the Delta Flyer is much better and I can get it for free in a week just by grinding Dilithium? Only as much as you want to give it. :)

The meaning that it's something unique .... because the Delta Flyer isn't a Captains Yacht ..... the Captains Yacht is something they actually had to work on .... the Mugato Non-Combat Pet on the other hand is just some "waste" left over from making the "Combat Pet"

Saying the "Mugato Companion" is unique because non-Vets don't get the option of having a NON-Combat Pet, is like pulling the engine out of car and selling it as "Unique Vehicle" because it can't drive .... it's still the same car ....
    I don't consider the Jupiter Vet silver "bling" uniform obsolete or useless just because there is now a C-Store Starfleet Academy uniform that I prefer to wear instead.

me neither but thats because the Veteran one actually looks different .... would be pointless though if the add the exact Uniform to the CStore only with one more "Glossy Material" Option i.E. ... but I guess it would still be unique because the Veteran one couldn't be "glossy" ????
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well, for 800 to 1,000 Day Veterans, we are getting to the point where few Month-by-Month Gold Subscribers would reach this mark... (LTS members excepted of course)

Really, Cryptic ought to be pulling out all the stops to put a welcome mat, have nice Veteran Rewards going forward for these Month-by-Month Gold Subscribers.

Nice Veteran Rewards = things that are will not be available in C-Store for some time, to entice these Month-by-Month Gold Subscribers that "a few more months of Gold I will get this *NICE* item..."
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Too bad they don't do veteran rewards like they did in SWG, where you have a choice of items to pick from ( example 90 days to current) and other items being a 1 time only per account...that way if the player didn't like the new reward, they at least have an option to get something they didn't grab on their last reward session...