test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Call Out To STO Veterans

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
So the March calendar is up and the long awaited 800 day vet reward is coming.

The Mugato pet!

But here's the stinger for Veterans is that a "combat version" is coming to the c-store for EVERYONE

The reward is basically pointless for me now:(

What's your opinion?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I don't use Pets and I don't use Combat Pets. Both are useless to me. :)

Edit: I should say I don't use Ground Pets. I do let one of the Shuttle Pets follow me around sometimes when I'm bored.
    edited February 2012
    Umm, it'll appeal to some. My main's only pet is a selat
    edited February 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    I don't use Pets and I don't use Combat Pets. Both are useless to me. :)

Edit: I should say I don't use Ground Pets. I do let one of the Shuttle Pets follow me around sometimes when I'm bored.

Pets are JUNK, but I love my combat horta. That's why I am so let down now.:(
    edited February 2012
    It's a variant of the Vet reward, last I heard the Vet reward was non combat. Personally I don't really get the whole pet thing but I don't see the issue with a variant being in the store. The one you'll receive will still be unique and you can get the other on top of the one you'll be getting if you so choose.
    Not seeing an issue here.
    edited February 2012
    Mugatos shouldn't be pets, combat or otherwise. It's sad to see that they are running out of cool ideas. Even sadder that they release a C-Store version of their lack of ideas at the same time. I couldn't care less either way. I probably won't even pick it up, my bank and inventory are already full.
    edited February 2012
    The 24. 800-Day Veteran Reward is on the 24th. The pet is what, 4 days later? Did they say that the reward was going to be a combat pet somewhere? it's on two different lines here.
    edited February 2012
    I say Vets should only get the combat one.
    edited February 2012
    I will teach my combat Mugato to hump legs...
    edited February 2012
    m.parsons wrote:
    So the March calendar is up and the long awaited 800 day vet reward is coming.

The Mugato pet!

But here's the stinger for Veterans is that a "combat version" is coming to the c-store for EVERYONE

The reward is basically pointless for me now:(

What's your opinion?

a useless non combat pet? Really?
    edited February 2012
    1-19. Cardassian Lock Box
    3. Feature Episode 4.4
    8. Duty Officer Expansion (C-Store)
    10. Feature Episode 4.5 (Finale)
    15. Flagship Variants (C-Store)
    23. New Event TBA
    24. 800-Day Veteran Reward
    29. Mugato Combat Pet (C-Store)
    29. Galaxy Ship Pack (C-Store)

Where does it say that the 800 Day Vet reward is the Mugato pet? Is it listed elsewhere?
    edited February 2012
    I admit that I'm intrigued by the Mugato Combat Pet. Although, I'm not seeing the details of the 800-Day Veteran Reward either. That could be just about anything.
    edited February 2012
    Sprint01 wrote:
    Where does it say that the 800 Day Vet reward is the Mugato pet? Is it listed elsewhere?
    http://www.startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards
    edited February 2012
    Hate pets. Hate them them with a fiery passion of DOOOOOOM!!!!!!!! :mad:
    edited February 2012
    edited March 2012
    I am perfectly 100% fine with a Mugatu as a free gift.
    edited March 2012
    2nd vet Starship slot reward... Whoop! :D

Always useful... and the pet is well it is what it is another fun cosmetic addition to the game.

I like to collect the pets, most of which you can get for free (well you can get everything for free at the price of a major grind but ya know). ;)

On a serious note; let's turn this thread around to be a little bit more constructive and positive use of our time.

If you think the 800 day vet reward is lacking what you feel to be the "reward" part; well what do you think you deserve for subbing for 800 days?
    edited March 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »

Starship slots are always welcome. I think that 800-Day entry is out-of-date and will be edited to include the word Combat prior to the word Mugato. ;) Else it should read as Mugato Vanity Pet and will make the total reward lackluster. A third item with more oomph would be needed to make the package feel significant. I noted that there are no additional Bridge Officer slots amongst the Veteran Rewards. Getting one-per-character might prove nice.
    edited March 2012
    yes, if there to be a reason to stay subbed, the veteran rewards should get better and better.

A vanity pet isn't going forward (and why would a mugato not be a combat pet?)
    edited March 2012
    Honestly...do any of you honestly think that Cryptic/Perfectworld cares to add perks to Gold/LTS accounts at all? To be honest, I think they are going out of their way to phase us out so as to focus on impulse spending only. Otherwise...they'd add more value to Gold/LTS....not diminish the value of said accounts.
    edited March 2012
    Staran wrote: »
    a useless non combat pet? Really?

800 days and you get a trinket with no function whatsoever?
    edited March 2012
    It does not suprise me that the Vet reward would be shadowed by a C-Store item.
    Alecto wrote: »
    2nd vet Starship slot reward... Whoop! :D

Always useful... and the pet is well it is what it is another fun cosmetic addition to the game.

I like to collect the pets, most of which you can get for free (well you can get everything for free at the price of a major grind but ya know). ;)

On a serious note; let's turn this thread around to be a little bit more constructive and positive use of our time.

If you think the 800 day vet reward is lacking what you feel to be the "reward" part; well what do you think you deserve for subbing for 800 days?

How about an additional number (say +25) of dutty officer slots on all our characters (increase max cap so those who bought all the expansions can still get it) or perhaps all characters can have 21 active assignments instead of 20.

Or maybe a universal token per character to buy one piece of the Mk XII Maco/Omega/Honor Set (ground or space). Bind the token so there are no loopholes in someone making new characters to transfer the token.
    edited March 2012
    I'll take the C-Point value of the (ugly (and useless (and insultingly paltry))) thing instead.
    edited March 2012
    QuanManChu wrote:
    Honestly...do any of you honestly think that Cryptic/Perfectworld cares to add perks to Gold/LTS accounts at all? To be honest, I think they are going out of their way to phase us out so as to focus on impulse spending only. Otherwise...they'd add more value to Gold/LTS....not diminish the value of said accounts.

i am pretty sure every single employee goes home and says "yep, i haven't sold out".
    edited March 2012
    I'd be interested to know how many veteran players have been burnt out and couldn't care less about these pets, but want a fuller, more competitive game much more instead. This shouldn't even be an issue.
    edited March 2012
    I'd be interested to know how many veteran players have been burnt out and couldn't care less about these pets, but want a fuller, more competitive game much more instead. This shouldn't even be an issue.
    I've liked most of the Vet Rewards. I use my Yacht, my Fireworks every time I return to Sol, many of my alts wear the Vet Jupiter variant, and my Android BOFF is my favorite - I love giving him melee weapons and watching him roll into foes. I'm looking forward to the Vet ship material and the free Vet ship coming up. I just have no real use for Pets/Companions.
    edited March 2012

dunno. cryptic is running metrics all the time. if that were the case the metrics would show that.
    edited March 2012

Look at all the vet rewards released before F2P. The 600 day reward get's modded just before F2P. Then we hit F2P and the 700 dy vet reward is still incomplete (still can't get anything but a male eng android), so 800 day vet reward will probably hit before 700 day vet is fixed.

The 800, 900, and 1000 day vet rewards look extremely anemic, especially considering the 800 day pet will be exclusive for mere days and then be obsolete with the c-store version actually being usefull. Then there's yet another ship slot reward, like someone who's been subscribing for this long needs another ship slot.

No, with F2P, we are the unwanted. About the only thing that suprises me, is that some of you are still suprised by this.
    edited March 2012
    The only pets I like are Tribbles and the Exocomps. I've got enough useless junk taking up inventory space as it is without having to store some ugly ape. That it's no good in a fight means nothing to me. I don't think Starfleet should be sending lower lifeforms into battle anyway. (Same reason I don't approve of Klingons in Starfleet. Klingons. The other ugly ape! And if we let Pakleds defend the Federation, we might as well start arming toddlers. They're more effective.)

That said, I'd definately buy a Tactical, M.A.C.O. or Medical Exocomp combat pet or BO, if they ever put one in.

All in all... So it's a crappy veteran award. So only a handful of people even know what it is, and even fewer care. The overall package certainly compares poorly to the 700 day one. It's not the end of the world. There are other vet awards on the list at the 900 and 1000 day mark, which look considerably better, and should more than make up for it. And at least with the shuttles and all, I can use the extra ship slot.
    edited March 2012
    How bout a swim outfit for Risa finally??

The 900 and 1k vet rewards are more doable. And tbh.swg vet rewards sucked even harder and it wasnt f2p so i dunno its not overall bad but a pet is as it is just a pet.
    edited March 2012
    Oh Mugato. I got scared for a second because I thought you meant we were getting Mugatu for a non combat pet.

Actually Mugatu would say funnier things...