Install Arc
Options

Call Out To STO Veterans

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Look at all the vet rewards released before F2P. The 600 day reward get's modded just before F2P. Then we hit F2P and the 700 dy vet reward is still incomplete (still can't get anything but a male eng android), so 800 day vet reward will probably hit before 700 day vet is fixed.

The 800, 900, and 1000 day vet rewards look extremely anemic, especially considering the 800 day pet will be exclusive for mere days and then be obsolete with the c-store version actually being usefull. Then there's yet another ship slot reward, like someone who's been subscribing for this long needs another ship slot.

No, with F2P, we are the unwanted. About the only thing that suprises me, is that some of you are still suprised by this.

well said, it's sad to have to agree, but ye.
    It's pretty obvius what cryptic/perfect world is doing. they are giving us who have been loyal and sticked with the game for this long the finger and showing us how much our community/dedication really is worth to them.

They just want our money after that they just prefer us to sit down and shut up aperantly.

Thank you cryptic, it's a small thing, but it's the gesture and the way your doing it.

once again....
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    The thing about vet rewards is it cant be to amazing or those that dont qualify will gripe as well. For any dev team vet rewards are the real kobiyashi maru no win scenario. Neither side can get to angry if its nothing game breaking.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Noncombat pets are fine, but I do think something like 2 extra BOFF slots and/or 25 extra DOFF slots (both per character) would be an excellent addition to the 800 day reward list.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I was rather tickled when the Mugato was announced as a 800 Day reward, where at the time we thought was going to be unique. But if there is going to be a C-store version that can be purchased by anyone, then it really removes the uniqueness of the 800 Day reward.

I ask Cryptic to replace the Muguto Pet with something else. Perferably something unique that won't be available in the C-store like the Veteran Uniforms.

For example: Klingon players having access to the Captain Longcoat / Vest, the Dahar Master Coat, or General Chang's outfit.

Maybe a STF Helmet Varient?

A Unique Ship Console or Ground Device?

A Unique set of DOFFs?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sosuhno wrote:
    How bout a swim outfit for Risa finally??

The 900 and 1k vet rewards are more doable. And tbh.swg vet rewards sucked even harder and it wasnt f2p so i dunno its not overall bad but a pet is as it is just a pet.

This, please. I've been longing to defeat hordes of enemies while clad only in a replica of Picard's junk-smashing banana hammock Speedo.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Not too worried about the C-Store version that attacks. If it's damage is anything like the Crystal or Acid Hortas it will be a joke. Not even worth the inventory space they take up.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    K-Tar wrote:
    Mugatos shouldn't be pets, combat or otherwise. It's sad to see that they are running out of cool ideas. Even sadder that they release a C-Store version of their lack of ideas at the same time. I couldn't care less either way. I probably won't even pick it up, my bank and inventory are already full.

Running out of ideas? They named out all the vet rewards up to the 1000-day vet reward last November... Did you just now find out about what the 800-day vet reward was?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    m.parsons wrote:
    What's your opinion?

if this ends up to be true

same thing like getting socks for Christmas :(

the old worn out socks from your 20 year older brother

The PET should go to the C-Store and VETs should get the combat version.

If at all...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I have to say that I am more concerned with thus Doff expansion than a little random monkey that follows me while looking stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    GenEricII wrote:

Look at all the vet rewards released before F2P. The 600 day reward get's modded just before F2P. Then we hit F2P and the 700 dy vet reward is still incomplete (still can't get anything but a male eng android), so 800 day vet reward will probably hit before 700 day vet is fixed.

The 800, 900, and 1000 day vet rewards look extremely anemic, especially considering the 800 day pet will be exclusive for mere days and then be obsolete with the c-store version actually being usefull. Then there's yet another ship slot reward, like someone who's been subscribing for this long needs another ship slot.

No, with F2P, we are the unwanted. About the only thing that suprises me, is that some of you are still suprised by this.

...you forgot to mention the Klingons still have no 100 day vet reward.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    mister_dee wrote:
    ...you forgot to mention the Klingons still have no 100 day vet reward.

Pwe is firmly commited to building the kdf to be en par with the federation in 2012.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Militis wrote: »
    It's a variant of the Vet reward, last I heard the Vet reward was non combat. Personally I don't really get the whole pet thing but I don't see the issue with a variant being in the store. The one you'll receive will still be unique and you can get the other on top of the one you'll be getting if you so choose.
    Not seeing an issue here.

Agreed,

I don't see the problem here, vets are still getting something, granted it won't be has good has the one in the C-Store but it's still something.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I don't really care about the Mugato ...

... BUT it's just sad how Vet's seem to be treated right now ... with the C-Store one probably being the "+1" Version ... I feel like some old dog, nobody wants anymore and who's getting the leftovers, because making something special for him isn't worth it anymore ....

Anyone wanna bet, these will show up in the CStore as well ...? :

900 Days
    FREE Exclusive Starship "Material"
    FREE Exclusive Uniform Variant

1000 Days
    FREE Exclusive Starship Variant
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Can I have some rocket boots instead please. The ones dr.Spock used in one of the films.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    utio wrote:
    Can I have some rocket boots instead please. The ones dr.Spock used in one of the films.

Dr??? You mean the vulcan science officer who was also kirks first officer?? And the movie would be star trek 5 the final frontier .....its an easy one to forget it was probably the worse of the original 6
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    all pets are useless but i like the mugato i looks funny but NOT MORE ITS ONLY FOR FUN

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e0/STPrivateWar.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Alecto wrote: »
    If you think the 800 day vet reward is lacking what you feel to be the "reward" part; well what do you think you deserve for subbing for 800 days?

Simply something unique and special, that shows I'm a Vet .... (don't even care about its Usefulness)

WIth the +1 CStore Version it's like :

"Hey look at my shiny new Vet Reward ...." - "Well that sucks mine is better, it can fight ... only for 400CP ..."

It seems they even took our special "new title" away .... soooo what's the point of being a 800 Day Vet ... they should just give us some CPoints to buy Ship Slots and the Pet in the CStore, if they don't care anymore about loyal customers ...
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Sosuhno wrote:
    Dr??? You mean the vulcan science officer who was also kirks first officer?? And the movie would be star trek 5 the final frontier .....its an easy one to forget it was probably the worse of the original 6

Sorry, I don't know star trek very well lol. I still want the boots.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    m.parsons wrote:
    So the March calendar is up and the long awaited 800 day vet reward is coming.

The Mugato pet!

But here's the stinger for Veterans is that a "combat version" is coming to the c-store for EVERYONE

The reward is basically pointless for me now:(

What's your opinion?

If you're not really into pets, then it really doesn't matter. However, if you are pet obsessed, I can understand how you feel slighted by the c-store version being released at nearly the same time. IMO, both the vet reward and c-store version should be combat versions, though I'm not really sure what that means. If you can actually use the combat version in combat, then Cryptic should go back and make the vet reward combat capable.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    If you're not really into pets, then it really doesn't matter.

Well, its the gesture that counts here .... like getting some homemade birthday card OR old sox out of the dumpster near Walmart, where they sell the new ones ...

Both things might be useless, but i would prefer the birthday card :P
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    utio wrote:
    Sorry, I don't know star trek very well lol. I still want the boots.

Commander Spock is a pointy ear alien from Vulcan in Star Trek...
    Dr. Spock is the world famous Child Psychologist, who has written a damn near library on the best methods for raising your kids; shame people don't read his work much anymore, the youth of today could do with some actual discipline or even for someone to simply say "No" to them; perhaps then they wouldn't be such little ***** that start riots, mug people and act like they own the streets they loiter upon.

Mind having a no-nonsense Vulcan to help with that situation could probably help too. :p

As for the rewards, I'd say most have been a bit hit'n'miss to be honest.
    This is a compounded issue given a reward only remains special until everyone else is given access to it.

Mind I would point out that it is very likely that those of us who have remained Gold, are Lifetime Subscribers; with our only real financial contributions being C-Store purchases (which is offset given we are provided with $5/£3 worth of credit each month)

This said something I would remind Cryptic of here is that very few other MMOs would've have a community willing to pay not only a Subscription, but also have accepted the C-Store for expanding their experience. Now with the Free-to-Play model, I understand that the contributions from the subscribers; particularly those who have Lifetime Subscriptions have likely dropped with focus now on the new customer base; it probably should be noted that Lifetime / Subscribers were the ones who made it possible to even reach the point we are at.

Our faith so-to-speak, continues to be tested as STO continues to evolve. What I think the general point here isn't that we want ever increasing in scope rewards (although that would be nice :P) but more we just want rewards that are special and unique; with most importantly the fact they remain so.

Little guestures often end up meaning more than grand ones.
    Best examples being the simple things, such-as the recoloured Jupiter outfits for Veterans (which many people enjoy using) or perhaps a unique starship designations... for example the ability to use numbers <90000 or SS/ECS/ISS instead of NX/NCC. Whatever it is, it should be unique and remain so for those with long-term investment.

If you were to do somethnig more "grand" then again think, more subtle things; such-as a Nacelle design that can be used on ANY ship. Again it shows the unique nature without giving any advantage.

I'm looking forward to the 900 and 1000 Day rewards, they should be awesome (hopefully) but have to echo the concerns or rather pramgatism others have that we're concerned these will simply appear in the C-Store a few days later meaning they'll no longer be unique.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Reave wrote: »
    That said, I'd definately buy a Tactical, M.A.C.O. or Medical Exocomp combat pet or BO, if they ever put one in.

Ditto. I'd buy an Exocomp combat pet, too. But since we already have them in the game as Engineering drones, I highly doubt it.

A non-combat, combat Exocomp pet might be a compromise... doesn't pack any weapons, but provides some kind of buff?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    There should be a skin option for our Drones to make them look like Exocomps. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Non combat pets was a success on wow, but I don't think this game should follow suit. This game needs to do it's own thing with it's own ideas. Custom uniforms seems to work, ship skins work, pets are pointless.

How about an option to turn off all non combat pets so I don't have the extra load on my card? How's that for an idea?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    wrote:
    Non combat pets was a success on wow, but I don't think this game should follow suit. This game needs to do it's own thing with it's own ideas. Custom uniforms seems to work, ship skins work, pets are pointless.

How about an option to turn off all non combat pets so I don't have the extra load on my card? How's that for an idea?
    STO has tons of pets in it. Sehlats, Targs, Gekli, Horta, Exocomps, various Shuttles, etc. Some people really like them. There's nothing wrong with including more for those who do, IMO.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    800 days and you get a trinket with no function whatsoever?

Yes. /10chars
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Cosmic_One wrote: »
    STO has tons of pets in it. Sehlats, Targs, Gekli, Horta, Exocomps, various Shuttles, etc. Some people really like them. There's nothing wrong with including more for those who do, IMO.

I think it should be the other way around though. Vets get function, C-Store gets fluffy. But that's just me.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    IMOHPO...
    I see little use for non combat pets, they're ok, but I'm just not that into them.
    Combat pets, maybe...the Horta's kinda..meh..semi situationally useful.
    Character slots and ship slots are the preferred reward to me.
    Of course, since they took away the 250 emblem reward without replacing it with the new currency, Dilithium, all the Vet rewards seem to be kinda lame.
    They don't want to give you anything that they think you might buy.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Destinii wrote:
    Noncombat pets are fine, but I do think something like 2 extra BOFF slots and/or 25 extra DOFF slots (both per character) would be an excellent addition to the 800 day reward list.

They keep giving ship slots but never gave a BO slot. Even though they gave a BO but no slot to put him in?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Combat pets can be useful, Vanity pets are pointless, was disappointed you could'nt upgrade the Dilithium Horta it like the hatchling.