• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Prepare to be bored running for 15 minutes between mission points

got news for ya you do that all ready in sto
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nnite wrote: »
    Since the Season 7 nerfs destroyed the game for me I will give a try in Star Wars.

Kind Regards

As much as I disagree with the STF Dilithium reward removal; and the fact that DStahl is back to his old habit of misleading and lying tom the STO playerbase (no way to spin the MAJOR discrepancies between his recent state of game blog (and the follow up Forum posts aftyer the state of the game blog); and the final actions taken for Season 7 (as stated in yesterday's S7 Blog #17); my advice to you regarding SWToR F2P:

Don't bother. EA has implemented an F2P system for SWToR that makes the Cryptic F2P system look like heaven in comparison. Plus EA hasn't fixed ANY of the original reasons why people left SWToR in droves in the first place (From 1.7 million to under 500,000 subs in about 6 months.)

Again, I'm current NOT saying you should stick with STO; more that SWToR will be an even bigger waste of time. Many better games to try if you're moving on.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2012
    As much as I disagree with the STF Dilithium reward removal; and the fact that DStahl is back to his old habit of misleading and lying tom the STO playerbase (no way to spin the MAJOR discrepancies between his recent state of game blog (and the follow up Forum posts aftyer the state of the game blog); and the final actions taken for Season 7 (as stated in yesterday's S7 Blog #17); my advice to you regarding SWToR F2P:

Don't bother. EA has implemented an F2P system for SWToR that makes the Cryptic F2P system look like heaven in comparison. Plus EA hasn't fixed ANY of the original reasons why people left SWToR in droves in the first place (From 1.7 million to under 500,000 subs in about 6 months.)

Again, I'm current NOT saying you should stick with STO; more that SWToR will be an even bigger waste of time. Many better games to try if you're moving on.

again EA swtor is not PWE /cryptic/sto swtor is going for SUBS where is sto is not and that has been said many many times swtor want your sub not spend 5$ play a week leave for 6 months and come back spend 10 here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
    edited November 2012
    daan2006 wrote: »
    again EA swtor is not PWE /cryptic/sto swtor is going for SUBS where is sto is not and that has been said many many times swtor want your sub not spend 5$ play a week leave for 6 months and come back spend 10 here

Problem is - SWToR is STILL the exact same game that people were unwilling to pay a sub for - so just taking on a horrible F2P model thinking that it will somehow lure players back to subscribing is a stupider move then some of the moves DStahl and his team made with element of STO S7.

Putting a horrible F2P model into your MMO in an attempt to somehow win back people who didn't think your game was worth a sub to begin with (as EA is doing with SWToR) has to be the dumbest idea any MMO developer has come up withn (but again, given it's EA we're talking about in this case, I shouldn't be surprised.)
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited November 2012
    Problem is - SWToR is STILL the exact same game that people were unwilling to pay a sub for - so just taking on a horrible F2P model thinking that it will somehow lure players back to subscribing is a stupider move then some of the moves DStahl and his team made with element of STO S7.

Putting a horrible F2P model into your MMO in an attempt to somehow win back people who didn't think your game was worth a sub to begin with (as EA is doing with SWToR) has to be the dumbest idea any MMO developer has come up withn (but again, given it's EA we're talking about in this case, I shouldn't be surprised.)

yes but unlike then they had to buy a 60$ retail game where is wait for it wait for it they can now trying most of the game has to offer for free yes with limits and to be frank sto went F2P for petty much same reason so dude stop trying to make swtor look bad when sto is no huge success
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • captwinters1701captwinters1701 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    got news for ya you do that all ready in sto

Umm, yeah, ok. you go on and believe that. Not even the new content is there any point where the start of the mission, and where the mission is to be accomplished anywhere near that far apart.
    But you probably voted Democrat too, so you'll believe anything your told
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    yes but unlike then they had to buy a 60$ retail game where is wait for it wait for it they can now trying most of the game has to offer for free yes with limits and to be frank sto went F2P for petty much same reason so dude stop trying to make swtor look bad when sto is no huge success

With SWToR:

- Going fom 1.7 million to sub 500K subs in the first 6 months.

- Laying off the team they stated at launch they were going to keep intact so they could roll out content faster then anyone else (didn't happen and every time they announce a new content rollout schedule, they can't kep it)

- Going F2P 10 months after launch.

- Instituting an F2P system that's better described as 'Free to Pay' - which even the remaining SWToR faithful don't think will bring in and retain new players.

I don't have to make SWToR look bad. EA is doing a very good job at making SWToR look bad on it's own. ;)
    edited November 2012
    With SWToR:

- Laying off the team they stated at launch they were going to keep intact so they could roll out content faster then anyone else (didn't happen and every time they announce a new content rollout schedule, they can't kep it)

- Instituting an F2P system that's better described as 'Free to Pay' - which even the remaining SWToR faithful don't think will bring in and retain new players.

I don't have to make SWToR look bad. EA is doing a very good job at making SWToR look bad on it's own. ;)

and had sto not dun life time do you think this game still be around and you say EA makeing swtor look bad like PWE/cryptic not doing that all ready for sto but hey we can go back and forth like this all day if you like

i can play a mmo 16 hours a day 7 days a week i can burn all of sto content in 3 day where in swtor it took me over a month and a half to do every mission on every planet but hey in your eyes sto is king of the mmos

say pwe F2P model was like lotro or EA thing is every F2P mmo has there own F2P system most are not all a like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited November 2012
    Umm, yeah, ok. you go on and believe that. Not even the new content is there any point where the start of the mission, and where the mission is to be accomplished anywhere near that far apart.
    But you probably voted Democrat too, so you'll believe anything your told

so on the new romulan planet you are not running around get rocks and so on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
  • darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    rachelj88 wrote: »
    lols atleast SWTOR has an area where you can actually run for 15mins without going around in circles like ESD/DS9 and maybe New Romulus

Players here just LOVE running around in circles.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With SWToR:

You're forgetting a few things here:

TOR doesn't make a habit of completely and totally rewriting itself to TRIBBLE over it's playerbase for more cash.

If you sub to TOR, you actually get stuff, and arent stuck behind a secondary paywayll.

There's actually more to that title than multiple months long grind fest designed to get you to make RMT purchases.

TOR isn't pay to win.
    edited November 2012
    With SWToR:

Link to the sub 500k numbers? You did this before we had to change names saying that and could never provide your proof. Yet STO never had 500k subs.

The official statement was less than million but more than 500k. And 6 months means that number you are saying was way back in May-June. The less than million more than 500k was just a couple of months ago.

Stop pulling numbers out your rear. It might get too sore to sit on soon.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
    edited November 2012
    You're forgetting a few things here:

TOR doesn't make a habit of completely and totally rewriting itself to TRIBBLE over it's playerbase for more cash.

That's only because EA laid off the majority of the SWToR Dev team.

An d you want to talk about TRIBBLE the playerbase for case, name me one other MMO that CHARGES players for combat UI elements (like action bars) or requires players to pay for a per piece license to werar dropped endgame gear. <--- SWToR's F2P system is tops at TRIBBLE over its F2P playerbase for cash, make no mistake.
    edited November 2012
    That's only because EA laid off the majority of the SWToR Dev team.

An d you want to talk about TRIBBLE the playerbase for case, name me one other MMO that CHARGES players for combat UI elements (like action bars) or requires players to pay for a per piece license to werar dropped endgame gear. <--- SWToR's F2P system is tops at TRIBBLE over its F2P playerbase for cash, make no mistake.

per piece? Who told you that? How I saw it you pay for the license to wear purple gear once. Now if what you say is true (highly unlikely how you have made up stuff for a long time), then yes that's bad. I am not happy with the action bar thing either.

Edit: And once per toon. Still bad not being account wide but saying per piece is not right.

edited November 2012
    Link to the sub 500k numbers? You did this before we had to change names saying that and could never provide your proof. Yet STO never had 500k subs.

The official statement was less than million but more than 500k. And 6 months means that number you are saying was way back in May-June. The less than million more than 500k was just a couple of months ago.

Stop pulling numbers out your rear. It might get too sore to sit on soon.

You seem to think I'm defending STO her, or also stating somehow that STO was a big success. I'm not. That said, whatever STO's performance was or is (and IMO STO is going downhill fast if they stay their current course).

All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing F2P implementation of anyWestern made F2P MMO out there.
    edited November 2012
    All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing

i can see sto in this pic to just saying :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited November 2012
    You seem to think I'm defending STO her, or also stating somehow that STO was a big success. I'm not. That said, whatever STO's performance was or is (and IMO STO is going downhill fast if they stay their current course).

All that still doesn't change the fact that due to EA's mismanagement, SWToR is now considered on of the biggest failures of all time; nor the fact that is has the most money-grubbing F2P implementation of anyWestern made F2P MMO out there.

You didn't even touch what I replied to you about. You know, backing up that "sub 500k" statement.

I am not 100% happy with the F2P model in TOR. But as daan said, their F2P model is a lot different than STO. I think TOR is going too far in one direction but I also think STO went too far in another to the point we got lockbox-mania. Even though I have some issues within the game (mainly story pacing), I think both GW2 could give both TOR and STO on how to do a better F2P game as far as how to treat the free players.

EDIT: btw, you mentioned the license to wear stuff. How about my sig issue? You have to buy a key to may be get something that you might find useful in STO.

edited November 2012

Players are getting the entirety of TOR's core content, the stories, for free. That's hardly money grubbing.

To use an analogy from a separate BioWare title, that'd be the equivalent of getting the entire ME3 campaign for free, but having to pay a bit more if a player wanted to partake in serious multiplayer shenanigans.
    edited November 2012
    Players are getting the entirety of TOR's core content, the stories, for free. That's hardly money grubbing.

To use an analogy from a separate BioWare title, that'd be the equivalent of getting the entire ME3 campaign for free, but having to pay a bit more if a player wanted to partake in serious multiplayer shenanigans.

I got even a better analogy for you to try. :D

It's like STO giving away all the content they have now for free and then having to pay for the second full faction. Considering STO will never have a second full faction, nothing to worry about here. lol We'll always be the MMO with 1 1/2 factions.

• darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got even a better analogy for you to try. :D

It's like STO giving away all the content they have now for free and then having to pay for the second full faction. Considering STO will never have a second full faction, nothing to worry about here. lol We'll always be the MMO with 1 1/2 factions.

Dstahl said recently S8 will be heavy in KDF stuff. With the aim of finishing, if not coming close, to completeing the faction.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • hortworthortwort Member Posts: 281
    edited November 2012
    Dstahl said recently S8 will be heavy in KDF stuff. With the aim of finishing, if not coming close, to completeing the faction.

Season 8 will finish off the Klingon faction for good. I believe that. :P
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    hortwort wrote: »
    Season 8 will finish off the Klingon faction for good. I believe that. :P

Same here. :D

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
    edited November 2012

this dude talks a good game but dose not walk the walk half of the talk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    system Lord Baal is dead
    edited November 2012

They still haven't given us the "Big Klingon Update" they promised a few seasons ago. So I'll believe it when I see it. Because if that was their idea of a big update, then all we'll see is another 4 or 5 missions.

edited November 2012

After the whole STF fiasco with S7, I'm not one to put any weight behind that promise.
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited November 2012
    Well SWTOR just went f2p, woot! :D

Anyone going to try it out? Been there since beta myself :cool:
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    GL

Been messing with SWG myself but may have a lookie @ TOR as I'm a huge KOTOR/2 fan modder.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    darth lord kim il Mao is facinated by the posabilities..
    i loaded up then D/l SWG at the end just to see the snow flakes.. sort of sad so im D/l the
    fiel to the old Lucas Art folder for the smal lboard game demo KOTH
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've played previously and left because its boring, looks rubbish, don't like Old Republic setting, and well .... its just not Star Trek ;)
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As soon as I heard about the "Pay2Sprint" thing and then looked at the size of the download, I was like... eh "NO"!

I love Star Wars but most of the F2P limitations are just a little nuts. So, as Simon Cowell might say... "That's the worst F2P audition I've ever seen in my life... It's a No from me!" :D