What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 3, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    There were only 3 Foundry missions on Tribble to begin with.....how were people exploiting that? Sheeesh....
    Public missions, perhaps, but you've forgotten about ones that need to be reviewed first. There were around 10 or so of those last time I looked.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Trek17 wrote:
    you're setting yourself up for disappointment by having high standards. IMO, being more open-minded, being patient (yeah, hard to do right now), and just helping them make the game better would do more than just complaining

plus, it's been shown time and time again that they're working their butts off for this game (though the focus of where that work goes varies)

just my 2 cents

Maybe in the state of California, mediocre work is acceptable. Maybe in California, expecting a product to work correctly is consider "high standards". In Florida, we consider a product working 100 percent as the norm. 99 percent is not good enough here.

I do not know how much more open minded one can be, we the paying customer paid these folks to deliver a high quality product. After 10+ months of propaganda because they decide to lie to the paying customer and state publically they weren't going to a F2P system, while they intended to work on the F2P system all along. Then when it publically blew up in their face, fail to deliver said product in July, August, September, October.

Then they publically state they do not intend to deliver until December 2011. So far their estimations have consistently been on the under-estimated side.

When you spend money on a new car, if it only worked properly 60 percent of the time and was constantly plagued with more problems after they claim to fix it, would you be open-minded. No, you would buy a new car from people who know how to build a car.

I do not think my standards are set to high to expect the game to work properly. It is not like they are performing surgery, or building a highway system. They are working on a video game. The animation and art department is top notch. The programmers and developers involved in some of the Star Trek content are not getting the job done.

These folks need to realize when they are impeding the ability for the real stars in the company to work. If they are working there buts off and the work is still mediocre, then that tells you the staff does not possess the technical ability to work on this game.

That is the difference between a professional and a amateur. A professional rises to the challenge and delivers. When they cash their checks at the end of the week and the game still is not working right, they should feel some guilt that they have not done their job.

Many people working here have claimed they "love Star Trek' and that "this is their dream job."

However, the work is a nightmare for the player who has lived through all of this over the past 21+ months.

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.:)

Thank you

PS...I am actually quite calm and cool. I was watching baseball and football most of tonight. However, I love Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    phlyto wrote: »
    I'd wager it's whatever enabled the few level 45+'s I saw flying around the first night of the test. :rolleyes:
    I agree ran into one and they wouldn't say what they did to get to that level. I wondered if this how they did it.

You know I really am tryng to get to 51 honestly , but really rubs me wrong when people scam the system to get ahead.

I heard there were about ~20 people hand picked by Gozer to test the STF's and they got boosted to ~45 on tribble.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I heard there were about ~20 people hand picked by Gozer to test the STF's and they got boosted to ~45 on tribble.

I logged into Tribble Saturday morning and there was a guy sitting next to me with a VA1 Intrepid with green and Borgs items hanging off of it. I was like "how the hell did you level so fast. I think the patch at that time had been out like 20 hours.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    You might want to pick another person to measure the greatness against. According to the Vegas odds, its doubtful Steve Jobs will live till December.

There is a pic of him on TMZ from last month coming out of a hospital. Not looking good for the poor guy.

LOL @ TMZ.

Because they're a credible 'journalistic' outlet, right? :eek:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Farmer42 wrote: »
    I ask this with all due respect, but then what's the point? The economy, as it is now, doesn't work. And, since you changed ship acquisition to go with the new economy, neither does it. We have, in essence, 20 levels of content, most of which isn't new. We're experimenting with the new UI, but the new UI is meaningless with bugged mission difficulties exacerbated by lack of appropriate tier ships. Beta's are for masochists, that's true, but in this instance we are incapable of properly fulfilling the goals for the Beta you have outlined for us. In essence, we can't do what you want us to do. Worse, we're actively hampered in this by the XP boost implemented in the current build.

I'm not trying to be down on you guys. I know you're working hard, but you're only making things worse and alienating the testers and community by releasing partial builds and asking us to test things you haven't implemented. It's like sticking someone in an Automatic car and then asking them if the clutch pedal is too stiff. No. It isn't. It just isn't there, man.

I compleatly agree with you, they asked us to test something that was missing the basic to the game so how can we properly test it, also when they add new codes how do they know it hasnt messed something up we dontested, exspecialy the dilithium which touches allmost every aspect of the game, also we are runing into the same old bug that have been here a very long time and one i know of that been aread sence season 2, i realy hope they get it all fixed right the the sake of the game, but so far there heading down a rocky path, all we can do is hope for the best.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Expect larger fixes on Thursdays and Fridays, minor fixes on Tuesdays.

Minor fixes on Tuesdays... like tractor beams, those can wait. ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

We have several dilithium updates, along with other welcome changes, in a build that is currently in QA.

See you one Thursday or Friday then, I can't bring myself to play on test as it is currently. Dilithium and Quest issues among other things.

Looking forward to it. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And you shall have them! Thursday or Friday.

At least it's not Tuesday, when the Nexus is scheduled to destroy refugee ships... :p
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    madjik wrote: »
    See you one Thursday or Friday then, I can't bring myself to play on test as it is currently. Dilithium and Quest issues among other things.

Looking forward to it. :)

That was my thing, too. Since I've relegated myself to mostly putting around in the game, holding off until the weekend is fine for me. It looked very busy last weekend, so it's a better test of systems. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

We have several dilithium updates, along with other welcome changes, in a build that is currently in QA.

Is a fix for the SS Azura mission crashing after cutscene for some people in the pipeline? As it stands, I cant test the new leveling curve, or level up to use DOs because I cannot even complete this mission.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    There goes the only way to get a good amount of dilithium. Love to see where priorities are.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Havesum wrote:
    The game can't be properly tested because of the Doff and Dilithium issues, and you're fixing a foundry exploit during prime time?

And Doffs and Dilithium economy were what are supposed to be focused on for testing...

I think the priorities may be a bit skewed.

This.

I'm done testing till those issues are resolved. I'm tired of my ship being shot out from under me every few seconds because I out ranked it 5 levels ago.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I agree ran into one and they wouldn't say what they did to get to that level. I wondered if this how they did it.

You know I really am tryng to get to 51 honestly , but really rubs me wrong when people scam the system to get ahead.

3 in the fleet im in are VA, 2 are RA, after that captains and commanders.
    We all have KDF LG's, some before the weeklys came out.
    My point is, Grind, grind and grind and you can be a va in 3 or 4 days.
    Nothing magical.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    iborg316 wrote: »
    Well lets see where to start its a TEST SERVER its going to have bugs that is what we are here to report if I were a dev when people started making a big deal i would wait until right before it went live to fix it just because you got your panties in a bunch. Leveling is super easy on Tribble if you cant run a LC ship up to Captain on this server then wow you must suck. This is for feedback this is not the smash the Devs forum or the complaint department. So stop crying and test the server they know about the dilithium issue so everyone just needs to wait until its fixed and stop complaining. Act like an Adult and play the game.Thats all I have to say about it.

Adults use punctuation and don't insult other people. They also read the test notes and goals, which clearly thate they want the new UI and the new economy to be the focal point of testing right now. One of those things is impossible, and the other is rather difficult since you can't properly meet the expected level curve.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    And you shall have them! Thursday or Friday.

Just a quick question, how will this be implemented and will test toons on tribble that have already reached RA or VA receive the dilithium required to by a tier 5 ship retrospectively?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I do not think my standards are set to high to expect the game to work properly. It is not like they are performing surgery, or building a highway system. They are working on a video game. The animation and art department is top notch. The programmers and developers involved in some of the Star Trek content are not getting the job done.

These folks need to realize when they are impeding the ability for the real stars in the company to work. If they are working there buts off and the work is still mediocre, then that tells you the staff does not possess the technical ability to work on this game.

That is the difference between a professional and a amateur. A professional rises to the challenge and delivers. When they cash their checks at the end of the week and the game still is not working right, they should feel some guilt that they have not done their job.

Many people working here have claimed they "love Star Trek' and that "this is their dream job."

However, the work is a nightmare for the player who has lived through all of this over the past 21+ months.

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.:)

Yeah, clearly it's the programmers fault for all problems, just like it's the programmers fault in all massively multiplayer games. It's not like they have the most complicated job. Their job is easy! They're just inept! All have you to do is program the game to make stuff happen. Easy.

People need to chillax. Dilithium is coming soon enough and then we'll have some other issue to be enraged about.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Since a Dev seems to read this post I'm gonna hijack it to say

a) I can't write in-game tickets for some reason on tribble.
    b) Progression beyond "Night of the Comet" is pretty hard to achieve and if this goes live, most people will be stuck there forever.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    iborg316 wrote: »
    Well lets see where to start its a TEST SERVER its going to have bugs that is what we are here to report if I were a dev when people started making a big deal i would wait until right before it went live to fix it just because you got your panties in a bunch. Leveling is super easy on Tribble if you cant run a LC ship up to Captain on this server then wow you must suck. This is for feedback this is not the smash the Devs forum or the complaint department. So stop crying and test the server they know about the dilithium issue so everyone just needs to wait until its fixed and stop complaining. Act like an Adult and play the game.Thats all I have to say about it.

"Complaints" are a form of "Feedback".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/complaint

1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
    2. A cause or reason for complaining; a grievance.
    a. A bodily disorder or disease; a malady or ailment.
    b. The symptom or distress about which a patient seeks medical assistance.
    4. Law
    a. The presentation by the plaintiff in a civil action, setting forth the claim on which relief is sought.
    b. A formal charge, made under oath, of the commission of a crime or other such offense.

If you are dissatisfied with something on the Tribble server the Devs WANT to know about it. The number of people complaining is important, because it shows how wide spread an issue is.

The way I see it, it's a good thing you AREN'T a dev, because if you did things the way you say you would, then you wouldn't be doing your job right.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    you get 70k dilithium at lt commander, enough to buy a tier 2 ship (hang on thou...)

you get 80k dilithium at commander, BUT a tier 3 ship costs 100K.

and since there is no way to get 20K dilithium at present, most ppl are skipping the tier 2 upgrade or the tier 3 upgrade and then buying a later-tier ship with their savings.

Hope that cleared it up.

You could run the traeleus repair mission 50 times....
    that will give you your dilithium..
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    madjik wrote: »
    "Complaints" are a form of "Feedback".

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/complaint

1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
    2. A cause or reason for complaining; a grievance.
    a. A bodily disorder or disease; a malady or ailment.
    b. The symptom or distress about which a patient seeks medical assistance.
    4. Law
    a. The presentation by the plaintiff in a civil action, setting forth the claim on which relief is sought.
    b. A formal charge, made under oath, of the commission of a crime or other such offense.

If you are dissatisfied with something on the Tribble server the Devs WANT to know about it. The number of people complaining is important, because it shows how wide spread an issue is.

The way I see it, it's a good thing you AREN'T a dev, because if you did things the way you say you would, then you wouldn't be doing your job right.

Yes agreed but complaining after being told we know about and a fix is coming is stupid. That just serves to get on peoples nerves. I know the saying a squeaky wheel gets the oil but some times the squeaky wheel gets take and sold. So it is not always the best idea to complain to the point of annoyance.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Maybe in the state of California, mediocre work is acceptable. Maybe in California, expecting a product to work correctly is consider "high standards". In Florida, we consider a product working 100 percent as the norm. 99 percent is not good enough here.

I do not know how much more open minded one can be, we the paying customer paid these folks to deliver a high quality product. After 10+ months of propaganda because they decide to lie to the paying customer and state publically they weren't going to a F2P system, while they intended to work on the F2P system all along. Then when it publically blew up in their face, fail to deliver said product in July, August, September, October.

Then they publically state they do not intend to deliver until December 2011. So far their estimations have consistently been on the under-estimated side.

When you spend money on a new car, if it only worked properly 60 percent of the time and was constantly plagued with more problems after they claim to fix it, would you be open-minded. No, you would buy a new car from people who know how to build a car.

Thank you

PS...I am actually quite calm and cool. I was watching baseball and football most of tonight. However, I love Star Trek.
    um, I live in Michigan...
    but anyway, I hate to disappoint you, but the vast majority of people (including me) don't expect 100% out of everything. that's plain unrealistic, as we're all only human, and we all have flaws

besides, the game is functional, it's just got a lot of small bugs. why? because they're a small group (or were), their focus had to be on the major work, not fixing a lot of small bugs (though they did take time to fix what they could if they had time, or even if it was their time off)

as for being told that we weren't going F2P, they stated that we MIGHT go F2P in the future, just that it wasn't planned FOR THE MOMENT. that's not the same as never

and i never said you weren't calm or collected ;)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Originally Posted by Klytemnestra

If they claim to love the job, then put some pride in your work and make the game 100 percent. Also, don't blame the player because the program does not function properly.

Thank you

So you want to dog the devs because there are programming errors. Have you ever done any programming. Its not easy. So one line may mess with another line 3 or 4 hundred lines away. So since you value the quality of work you try to do their job. They are working hard to better the game for us. God I know why i stay outa the forums there are alot of cry babies in here. Oh and about cars its called factory recalls happens all the time.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    When you say exploitation...does this imply mischief on a player behavior or a exploit on a systematic level or is the error do to the internal game or is the error a result of players misusing the system here? Your statement makes it seem that players are exploiting some aspect of the game at this point of the testing phase. I did not personally experience anything this weekend people could really exploit.

Thank you.:)

That is exactly what it is..

Also that is why you saw so many high level players within a day or so of Tribble opening up.

Basically they cheated to get where they were by exploiting a bug in the system.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So I've been reading, that apparently you get no Dilithium at Upper Half or Vice Admiral. Meaning no VA ship without a C-store purchase, or running ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAPTAIN AN REAR ADMIRAL IN A LT.COM SHIP. Salami. Find the person who said that was a good idea. And shoot them.

Now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    wrote:
    So I've been reading, that apparently you get no Dilithium at Upper Half or Vice Admiral. Meaning no VA ship without a C-store purchase, or running ALL THE WAY THROUGH CAPTAIN AN REAR ADMIRAL IN A LT.COM SHIP. Salami. Find the person who said that was a good idea. And shoot them.

Now.
    the reason for the 'no Commander ship' is the lack of dilithilum from missions, which they said will be in later
    and after the mission dilithilum changes come, you can earn it in-game until you have enough for a Vice Admiral ship, so they're not entirely C-Store
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Trek17 wrote:
    the reason for the 'no Commander ship' is the lack of dilithilum from missions, which they said will be in later
    and after the mission dilithilum changes come, you can earn it in-game until you have enough for a Vice Admiral ship, so they're not entirely C-Store

Considering the low rate of dailies and the flat 1400 rate of explorations it will take an extensive amount of grinding to earn the Dilithium to get a VA ship. Especially for those of us who are testing and haven't gotten Dilithium as we should have. We will be experiencing a badly designed economy issue, exacerbated by them having us test it unfinished.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

Now.
    Considering the low rate of dailies and the flat 1400 rate of explorations it will take an extensive amount of grinding to earn the Dilithium to get a VA ship. Especially for those of us who are testing and haven't gotten Dilithium as we should have. We will be experiencing a badly designed economy issue, exacerbated by them having us test it unfinished.

The very reason we're here testing is that that the game is going F2P. I'm aware you know that, but that by design means that only things that are absolutely necessary to complete the game are given away free. The others will require money or perhaps just an extensive amount of grinding. Don't know how some people think that they give can away everything for free and still operate the game, but they can't and won't.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Inspired wrote: »
    The very reason we're here testing is that that the game is going F2P. I'm aware you know that, but that by design means that only things that are absolutely necessary to complete the game are given away free. The others will require money or perhaps just an extensive amount of grinding. Don't know how some people think that they give can away everything for free and still operate the game, but they can't and won't.
    A basic level-appropriate ship is absolutely necessary to complete the game. The Miranda is a piece of TRIBBLE, but it will get the job done (eventually) within it's assigned tier; and the same goes for the other basic ships. But the ships run out of gas quickly outside their assigned level ranges, mainly due to the lack of level-appropriate BOFF powers. We're talking about people having a ship or having no ship; having no ship is unacceptable, and whether you think it's fun or not, people will quit very quickly once they figure out this is how it is. If F2P players want something pretty or that's super duper nice, then of course they have to pay. The way to make money is to make the basic ship just good enough (and relatively ugly), and make the C-Store ships enough of a boost (or pretty enough) that people want them and find them worth the $$$ to spring for.