What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - October 3, 2011

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Salami we cannot properly test tribble if we do not have the dilithum to acquire ships to get up in levels. So additions to Dilithium are needed now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    In game it was said it would be back within an hour. Just a bit disapointed to see that this isn't the fix to Dilithium and DOff. But happy to know there is a fix on the way :)

I'm sure I'm not suppose to ask this here, but what's broke on the DOff system.. The only reason I grinded a LC for the past two days is to test the DOff...a promotion that I achieved, btw, 7 mins before server shutdown, lol.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Well I guess I will check back Thursday OR Friday to see if anything is fixed so I can continue to TEST.

Thanks bye bye for now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Guys, think of it this way...The skipping of a Tier ship is a new and improved 'difficulty slider'...err drop down menu i mean :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heezdedjim wrote:
    What sort of nit would even bother to exploit the Foundry on a test server? I have a really hard time believing this is even worth an hour.

If there's a gain to it, someone's going to do it. In this case there are rewards being offer for the Live server for leveling a fresh character on the Test server. So there you go, that's why some nit would bother.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    Sad to see dilithium isn't being fixed yet. :(

Because the Dilithium issue isn't a BUG, the Problem is not all the Diltihium giving missions are in the game right now which would make it less of an issue.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    boglejam wrote: »
    you get 70k dilithium at lt commander, enough to buy a tier 2 ship (hang on thou...)

you get 80k dilithium at commander, BUT a tier 3 ship costs 100K.

and since there is no way to get 20K dilithium at present, most ppl are skipping the tier 2 upgrade or the tier 3 upgrade and then buying a later-tier ship with their savings.

Hope that cleared it up.

Thank you!!

It does clear things up a lot! I can run a tier 2 ship through LT Commander, and easily run a tier 3 upto RA if needed. I often run lower tier ships for the challange anyway.

I will just have to get some mileage out of my Miranda.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Nrrdboi wrote: »
    ...err drop down menu i mean :D

as in drop down and kiss your @ss goodbye at high level commander missions in your T2 Hooptie! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    AuroraKet wrote: »
    Seriously, guys? The lack of enough dilithium at Commander is a bigger issue right now, we can't test properly. :/

I'm getting violated in the behind by disruptors and torpedoes for trying to do t3 stuff with a T2 ship. :p Fix that. srsly.

I agree... I understand the need to fix exploits, but I'd be much happier if they kept the server down a little longer and applied a few more fixes so that we can actually test the new economy and DOff systems (which is what we're actually supposed to be testing) and not keep getting blown to bits playing early and mid-game missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It's good some of these foundry exploits are finally getting fixed. Curious this may include the accolade grinding as well?

Also, in this fix, is there going to be a workaround regarding Ship Requesition Dillithium so players can be flying ships thats Tier appropriate?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    They need to update the way that one receives their next tier ship. They need to do one of the following:
    1. Increase the amount of Dilithium that Admiral Quinn gives you when you are promoted to the next rank.
    2. Decrease the amount of Dilithium that is costs to get the next tier ship so that it matches the amount that Admiral Quinn gives you when you rank up.
    3. Give us our ship plaques back so that we can buy the next tier ship with one ship plaque.

Preferably either the second or the third, as those of us currently testing and wanting our current rank tier ship would be required to gain 20K dilithium for the Commander tier ship which could take a minimum of 5 fives to acquire that much dilithium.

On another note, in regards to dilithium, what happened to the conversion of Badges of Exploration??? I have noticed that there are no rewards for this while doing the Exploration missions. What will happen to all of our current Marks of Exploration when F2P goes live? Do they just dematerialize? Will Cryptic be adding some dilithium as a reward for completing the exploration mission? At the current reward settings on Exploration mission there is absolutely no point in doing them. Give us a reason to want to do exploration missions.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Azurian wrote: »
    Also, in this fix, is there going to be a workaround regarding Ship Requesition Dillithium so players can be flying ships thats Tier appropriate?

Probably not, apparently its a big issue so it would be on the change list if it was.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Delete this post
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    There were only 3 Foundry missions on Tribble to begin with.....how were people exploiting that? Sheeesh....
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Armageddeon you posted that twice.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    its not that hard to get through CMDR with an LC ship .... its a test server .... get over it
    just my 2 cents i'm sure many will disagree ...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Salami we cannot properly test tribble if we do not have the dilithum to acquire ships to get up in levels. So additions to Dilithium are needed now.

And you shall have them! Thursday or Friday.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    quickest down time ever!!!???!!!! its back up now. wow
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Kill_It wrote: »
    its not that hard to get through CMDR with an LC ship .... its a test server .... get over it

Judging by the volume of complaints regarding this issue, I think it is fair to say that pretty much everyone disagrees with you.

So, umm...get over it yourself. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2011

We would like to make use of our bridge officer skills in space that are not available in the CMDR tier ship.
  • Options
    edited October 2011

I ask this with all due respect, but then what's the point? The economy, as it is now, doesn't work. And, since you changed ship acquisition to go with the new economy, neither does it. We have, in essence, 20 levels of content, most of which isn't new. We're experimenting with the new UI, but the new UI is meaningless with bugged mission difficulties exacerbated by lack of appropriate tier ships. Beta's are for masochists, that's true, but in this instance we are incapable of properly fulfilling the goals for the Beta you have outlined for us. In essence, we can't do what you want us to do. Worse, we're actively hampered in this by the XP boost implemented in the current build.

I'm not trying to be down on you guys. I know you're working hard, but you're only making things worse and alienating the testers and community by releasing partial builds and asking us to test things you haven't implemented. It's like sticking someone in an Automatic car and then asking them if the clutch pedal is too stiff. No. It isn't. It just isn't there, man.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    phlyto wrote: »
    I'd wager it's whatever enabled the few level 45+'s I saw flying around the first night of the test. :rolleyes:

I agree ran into one and they wouldn't say what they did to get to that level. I wondered if this how they did it.

You know I really am tryng to get to 51 honestly , but really rubs me wrong when people scam the system to get ahead.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    At first I felt just like everybody else on here "Fix Dilithium! and fix it NOW!" but now I realize that You and Cryptic's deepest Desire is to bring us a game that brings smiles to our faces, and not frowns.

I'm really sorry for being impatient, after all, You're just as excited to get these new features out as we are to play them, and you are doing everything you can to do this.

So thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to make Star Trek History as we Forge ahead to Sectors unknown with a Dream that will never Die. =)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Leveling exploitation. We're playing it close to the vest for now.

When you say exploitation...does this imply mischief on a player behavior or a exploit on a systematic level or is the error do to the internal game or is the error a result of players misusing the system here? Your statement makes it seem that players are exploiting some aspect of the game at this point of the testing phase. I did not personally experience anything this weekend people could really exploit.

Thank you.:)
  • Options
    edited October 2011

That is true, I got up to Captain in a Consitution, and there are people who made it all the way to VA in a Connie. But not all players are masters, and there are some who want to fly their favorite ships. And like said above, some people just want the maximum available BO slots so they can use some new tricks / tactics.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    At first I felt just like everybody else on here "Fix Dilithium! and fix it NOW!" but now I realize that You and Cryptic's deepest Desire is to bring us a game that brings smiles to our faces, and not frowns.

I'm really sorry for being impatient, after all, You're just as excited to get these new features out as we are to play them, and you are doing everything you can to do this.

So thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to make Star Trek History as we Forge ahead to Sectors unknown with a Dream that will never Die. =)

I won't be giving them any forgiveness or praises...after being lied to for the last ten months, and after bugs with chat and the toolbar that have been going on for 17 weeks. If the patch that comes out in December 2011 does not zero out the current state of bugs that have plagued the game since last February, then I will stick with my position that this group is not capable of writing and developing a high quality video game named Star Trek.

I expect a Steve Jobs level of Amazingly Great here. Would Steve Jobs except crappy service or code from his programmers? NO?:mad:

The level of quality the game is currently in right now is unacceptable. If you do not subscribe to the reality that Star Trek is sacred, then you may need to reevaluate why you are working on a Star Trek game.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Farmer42 wrote: »
    I ask this with all due respect, but then what's the point? The economy, as it is now, doesn't work. And, since you changed ship acquisition to go with the new economy, neither does it. We have, in essence, 20 levels of content, most of which isn't new. We're experimenting with the new UI, but the new UI is meaningless with bugged mission difficulties exacerbated by lack of appropriate tier ships. Beta's are for masochists, that's true, but in this instance we are incapable of properly fulfilling the goals for the Beta you have outlined for us. In essence, we can't do what you want us to do. Worse, we're actively hampered in this by the XP boost implemented in the current build.

I'm not trying to be down on you guys. I know you're working hard, but you're only making things worse and alienating the testers and community by releasing partial builds and asking us to test things you haven't implemented. It's like sticking someone in an Automatic car and then asking them if the clutch pedal is too stiff. No. It isn't. It just isn't there, man.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I expect a Steve Jobs level of Amazingly Great here. Would Steve Jobs except crappy service or code from his programmers? NO?:mad:
    you're setting yourself up for disappointment by having high standards. IMO, being more open-minded, being patient (yeah, hard to do right now), and just helping them make the game better would do more than just complaining

plus, it's been shown time and time again that they're working their butts off for this game (though the focus of where that work goes varies)

just my 2 cents
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Cuatela wrote:
    Sad to see dilithium isn't being fixed yet. :(

and you would figure that would be on top of the fix list.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I expect a Steve Jobs level of Amazingly Great here.

You might want to pick another person to measure the greatness against. According to the Vegas odds, its doubtful Steve Jobs will live till December.

There is a pic of him on TMZ from last month coming out of a hospital. Not looking good for the poor guy.