What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Duty Officers 101

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    How do you get the Tribble Carcass, I know from tribbles but where and how?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I've been playing around in Tribble with the DOFF system. I like it. Heretic, you did a good job!
    I agree - from all the things currently on Tribble, the Duty Officer system might be the only thing that gives me hope. It's genuinely a good addition to the game.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I agree - from all the things currently on Tribble, the Duty Officer system might be the only thing that gives me hope. It's genuinely a good addition to the game.

I think so to.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heretic I don't know if this is your area but I just got my Diplomacy to Tier 4, the Boff store window opened but I wasn't given any tokens so I could get a Doff, do you only get for Tier 1 to 3 and not when reaching Tier 4?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    How do you get the Tribble Carcass, I know from tribbles but where and how?

I just assumed they were from another doff assignment... perhaps the 'Prepare cooked tribble' one? XD
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I just assumed they were from another doff assignment... perhaps the 'Prepare cooked tribble' one? XD

Na, you just get a tribble to eat :)
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Are other people having trouble with klingon assignments that says they are complet but don't show in complet area?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I'm enjoying the Duty Officer system so far! Kudos to the team!

One comment...I really like the shipboard assignments most of all. Is there any way they could refresh at a MUCH faster rate than...what is it...4 hrs? Every 30 mins or hour would be better I think.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    KDF Feedback

Mission success chances are really low on blue ones even when you have the required stuff.
    Maybe that's not a bug?

In this pic for example you require security/tactical doff with honourable

Now technically you can't have a doff that is both security and tactical as your officer can only be assigned to work in one department. So in this case I have 2/3 required even though it would be impossible to get a doff that has all 3 and still the chance of success is still very low.

Klinks are at a major disadvantage, all their starting DOFFs except two of them have the same honourable, aggressive resilient traits. Meaning the missions you can do are limited to raids even when you do raids you can only do one at a time because they require minimum 3/security or tactical officers.

When you do a raid and all your doffs have the traits required aggressive and resilient even if the mission is a success half of them end up in sickbay for another 18 hours which is not cool.

Prisoners and Contraband are nowhere to be found

All the KDF Klingon doffs that are not security/tactical (honourable/aggressive/resilient) there are really no missions for them that will give commendation xp, the gorn only have one trait different, losing honourable for cold blooded a trait which I have yet to see any use for and it means he can only do assassination missions and not very well but better than Klingons as honourable is a negative on those mission types.

The rest of the officers IE Klingons that are not security or tactical I have yet to find any use for because the missions they can do have no traits that connect and just require any officer and those ones don't give any commendation xp, the ones that do give commendation xp require different speciality’s & traits which you don't have.

Though I did start with one Orion which had unscrupulous trait I sent her on some mission to gather intelligence and despite after me logging back in to find that it was complete she never re-joined my crew, she's not in the sickbay and I have NFI where she went, she seems to have disappeared.
    There is definitely some kind of bug with doffs disappearing as well as it happened to my orion.

Once you have tested this you will find KDF is only able to level marauder and military tiers and very slowly at that given the poor initial selection of DOFFs of which 90% of them have the same traits with no other way to acquire them other than through the cstore or ridiculously overpriced dilithium.

I tested it as I would a new F2P person would have, I did not acquire any other DOFFs other than my starting selection you get a commander rank and I will say that frankly in it's current state this makes it pretty much impossible to progress in the DOFF system and gain commendation ranks without paying to win in the cstore which is just sad. Then again this is only a beta and I'm sure things will change ... at least I hope :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Dreadfire wrote: »
    KDF Feedback

Mission success chances are really low on blue ones even when you have the required stuff.
    Maybe that's not a bug?

Now technically you can't have a doff that is both security and tactical as your officer can only be assigned to work in one department. So in this case I have 2/3 required even though it would be impossible to get a doff that has all 3 and still the chance of success is still very low.

Klinks are at a major disadvantage, all their starting DOFFs except two of them have the same honourable, aggressive resilient traits. Meaning the missions you can do are limited to raids even when you do raids you can only do one at a time because they require minimum 3/security or tactical officers.

When you do a raid and all your doffs have the traits required aggressive and resilient even if the mission is a success half of them end up in sickbay for another 18 hours which is not cool.

All the KDF Klingon doffs that are not security/tactical (honourable/aggressive/resilient) there are really no missions for them that will give commendation xp, the gorn only have one trait different, losing honourable for cold blooded a trait which I have yet to see any use for and it means he can only do assassination missions and not very well but better than Klingons as honourable is a negative on those mission types.

The rest of the officers IE Klingons that are not security or tactical I have yet to find any use for because the missions they can do have no traits that connect and just require any officer and those ones don't give any commendation xp, the ones that do give commendation xp require different speciality’s & traits which you don't have.

Though I did start with one Orion which had unscrupulous trait I sent her on some mission to gather intelligence and despite after me logging back in to find that it was complete she never re-joined my crew, she's not in the sickbay and I have NFI where she went, she seems to have disappeared.
    There is definitely some kind of bug with doffs disappearing as well as it happened to my orion.

Once you have tested this you will find KDF is only able to level marauder and military tiers and very slowly at that given the poor initial selection of DOFFs of which 90% of them have the same traits with no other way to acquire them other than through the cstore or ridiculously overpriced dilithium.

I tested it as I would a new F2P person would have, I did not acquire any other DOFFs other than my starting selection you get a commander rank and I will say that frankly in it's current state this makes it pretty much impossible to progress in the DOFF system and gain commendation ranks without paying to win in the cstore which is just sad. Then again this is only a beta and I'm sure things will change ... at least I hope :rolleyes:

Tactical/Security means you can use a Tactical or a Security Duty Officer.

The gather intelligence assignments mostly always kills your Duty officer even when you are succesful and it's complete, but I think there is a bug in there as the mission don't end up in complete area.

Well I had no problem with the ammount of Duty Officers I got plus there are recruitment assignments that gives you Duty Officer packs, just don't expect to get then right away.

Ya I agree that the commendation xp for Klingons are much lower then the Feds and it takes longer to get a Tier done.

There are some assignments that gives Contraband as a reward, but they are extremly rare.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heretic it seems that the Gather Intelligence, Provide Intelligence and Attempt to Blackmail assignments don't work correctly, when the complet they just vanish and don't show up in the complete window.

There is some other assignments that does the same thing, I just can't remember them right now.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Tactical/Security means you can use a Tactical or a Security Duty Officer.

The gather intelligence assignments mostly always kills your Duty officer even when you are succesful and it's complete, but I think there is a bug in there as the mission don't end up in complete area.

Well I had no problem with the ammount of Duty Officers I got plus there are recruitment assignments that gives you Duty Officer packs, just don't expect to get then right away.

Ya I agree that the commendation xp for Klingons are much lower then the Feds and it takes longer to get a Tier done.

There are some assignments that gives Contraband as a reward, but they are extremly rare.

Yeah I know but the point being is that regardless if whether i use tact or security to do that assignement I have the maximum possible positive (green) traits in my favour to complete that as a success yet the chance of success is very low in other words you can't have a more ideal doff candidate to do that mission and yet you will most likely fail it every time.

Also some of the assignments are quite ridiculous like ones that give you no commendation xp or better yet ones that give you 7 commmendation xp. It requires 2500 to get to tier one and you expect me to do assignements that give 7 xp at that rate you'd have to do like 350 doff missions just to get to the next tier...

The quick doff missions the ones that take like 30 minutes all need to at least give 1% of the xp required to reach the next tier which means 25 minimum and then scale up based on the time taken and number of doffs involved
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Na, you just get a tribble to eat :)
    You've still got to dispose of the waste ;)
    KDF Feedback

Maybe that's not a bug?

"That' specific example is one of the Boff gaining assignments, if follows a slightly different formula.

Critical success = Purple
    Success = Blue
    Failure = Green
    Disaster = White

I don't think you can actually 'fail' those...
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    You've still got to dispose of the waste ;)

"That' specific example is one of the Boff gaining assignments, if follows a slightly different formula.

Critical success = Purple
    Success = Blue
    Failure = Green
    Disaster = White

I don't think you can actually 'fail' those...

So other words based on the pic
    2% chance of purple officer joining crew
    18% chance of blue boff joining crew
    19% chance of green boff joining crew
    62% chance of white boff joining crew

but the doff doing the assessment meets the tactical and honorable criteria required which is supposed to boost your chances of success does not seem very successful to me there is only a 20% chance of getting a blue or better quality boff.

Having the postiive or negative traits still makes almost no difference to your chances of getting a good quality blue or better doff in fact im sure if you selected and officer without any honorable trait to do this assignment the chances of success will shift by 1-2% at the most which means postitve doff traits makes an almost neglible difference to your chances of gaining a blue or purple officer.
    There needs to be like an instructor trait with rare officers that says this guy was a battlemaster at the academy or something similar and therefor his chances of success with recruiting and assessing the quality of boff candidates actually does something.
    Like make it shift by at least 10% which actually makes a difference to the chances of success. In this case having 2 of the 3 possible positives required and them making a almost no difference to the chances of getting a blue or purple office makes no sense
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    can we get them commendation tab added to the rank button in the top left hand corner as well please.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    can we get them commendation tab added to the rank button in the top left hand corner as well please.

It is there, it replaced the tab where diplomacy rewards used to be.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    So other words based on the pic
    2% chance of purple officer joining crew
    18% chance of blue boff joining crew
    19% chance of green boff joining crew
    62% chance of white boff joining crew

but the doff doing the assessment meets the tactical and honorable criteria required which is supposed to boost your chances of success does not seem very successful to me there is only a 20% chance of getting a blue or better quality boff.

Having the postiive or negative traits still makes almost no difference to your chances of getting a good quality blue or better doff in fact im sure if you selected and officer without any honorable trait to do this assignment the chances of success will shift by 1-2% at the most which means postitve doff traits makes an almost neglible difference to your chances of gaining a blue or purple officer.
    There needs to be like an instructor trait with rare officers that says this guy was a battlemaster at the academy or something similar and therefor his chances of success with recruiting and assessing the quality of boff candidates actually does something.
    Like make it shift by at least 10% which actually makes a difference to the chances of success. In this case having 2 of the 3 possible positives required and them making a almost no difference to the chances of getting a blue or purple office makes no sense

There is a known issue that the DOff traits that modify outcomes are not displaying in the "In Progress" area. What is shown in the picture you linked are the base percentages. Right now you can only see the modified percentages when assigning the DOffs before you start the assignment.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    There is a known issue that the DOff traits that modify outcomes are not displaying in the "In Progress" area. What is shown in the picture you linked are the base percentages. Right now you can only see the modified percentages when assigning the DOffs before you start the assignment.

it's a weird bug though...

Cause mine WERE Showing the correct percentages this morning when I checked my In Progress assignments...
    But last night they weren't.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I had a mission for the klinks called 'frame the house of kriton.'

now i needed doffs with unscrupulous talents to make it succeed, and anyone with honour would increase the chance of it failing.

problem is i did not have any one like that, so when i slotted my two honourable warriors into the slots i expected the chance of disaster to increase, but it still went down and succeed went up. disaster went from 12% to 8% because of the two doffs for example.

is that correct? does the rate of disaster still go down, just not as much as if i had the right people. i expected it to go up as i was using the wrong people for the job.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    It seems just slotting doffs into the job increases chances of success. If you have any who don't have honorable or unscrupulous, put them in and the chances still shift towards success. Seems to shift more if they're blue or purple doffs, to the point that I've found on at least some assignments a purple doff with a negative trait is better than a white with a positive.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    some of the missions where you get equipments rewards. if you click on and off they change type (ie i had one for torpedoes. and i clicked back and forth until i selected a photon torpedo.

when it cam in it was a chronoton. now either thats suggesting the whole thing is random, or its not giving you the one you selected. not a major problem but a little confusing.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heretic wrote:
    Commendations
    All assignments have a special category referred to as their Commendation Category.

These are:
    • Diplomacy (Federation)
    • Marauding (Klingon)
    • Science
    • Engineering
    • Medical
    • Military
    • Espionage
    • Colonial
    • Trade
    • Exploration
    • Development
    • Recruiting

Each commendation category has an associated type of XP with it, similar to how Diplomacy currently works with regards to DXP. (The Diplomacy commendation category, in fact, literally grants you DXP.)

Similar to the way Diplomacy advances, each commendation category has four tiers of advancement with rewards attached to them:
    • Titles
    • Accolades
    • Unique duty officers, including rare and very rare ones
    • Bridge officers of the opposite faction for Diplomacy and Marauding, including rare Bridge Officers
    • Access to special assignments, including ones that give easier access to rarer Bridge Officers

Other rewards are under discussion as well.

Duty officers gained by ranking up a commendation category will be bound. Duty officers gained as the result of an assignment or in other ways, however, will not be bound.

Commendation XP may be able to be acquired outside of assignments. Missions and other systems will eventually start to grant these as rewards in their own right.

Question when the window pops up with the store for these rewards from commendations as I've seen it do. how on earth do you open it again once you've closed it? For example say you had unspent tokens to get the rewards and closed the window, how do you get it open again becaused ranking up to the next highest commendation rank?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    NeoWolf wrote: »
    Question when the window pops up with the store for these rewards from commendations as I've seen it do. how on earth do you open it again once you've closed it? For example say you had unspent tokens to get the rewards and closed the window, how do you get it open again becaused ranking up to the next highest commendation rank?

Go to the office at SF Academy and talk to the NPC sitting on the couch. You can turn in your DOFF tokens there.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Go to the office at SF Academy and talk to the NPC sitting on the couch. You can turn in your DOFF tokens there.

Excellant, thanks. they really need to TELL us this info, its like were just expected to somehow absoprb it from the cosmos somehow lol
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I think heretic said he's gonna try get them all linked up through the Hailing system, so that we'll be able to contact them at any time through a hail.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Okay, another Commendation rleated question. I have 67/100 duty Officers, I have an unspent tier 1 and Tier 2 token. I speak to the guy on the couch in the office and the buy button despite me having the tokesn is greyed out and it tells me I don't have enough room when I double click on one of the Doffs, which I blatantly do.

anyone any idea why it wont let me spent my tokens?

UPDATE: Nevermind sussed it, apparently it puts redeemed officers into an assigned Duty position on ship be it space or ground as opposed to nto your unassigned Doffs roster, which is a bit dumb.

Once you make room you can redeem tokens and then move the officers to the unassigned roster.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I had a mission for the klinks called 'frame the house of kriton.'

now i needed doffs with unscrupulous talents to make it succeed, and anyone with honour would increase the chance of it failing.

problem is i did not have any one like that, so when i slotted my two honourable warriors into the slots i expected the chance of disaster to increase, but it still went down and succeed went up. disaster went from 12% to 8% because of the two doffs for example.

is that correct? does the rate of disaster still go down, just not as much as if i had the right people. i expected it to go up as i was using the wrong people for the job.

Were the assigned officer(s) green or better quality? Quality can make up for (and then some) non-ideal traits.

NeoWolf wrote: »
    Okay, another Commendation rleated question. I have 67/100 duty Officers, I have an unspent tier 1 and Tier 2 token. I speak to the guy on the couch in the office and the buy button despite me having the tokesn is greyed out and it tells me I don't have enough room when I double click on one of the Doffs, which I blatantly do.

anyone any idea why it wont let me spent my tokens?

UPDATE: Nevermind sussed it, apparently it puts redeemed officers into an assigned Duty position on ship be it space or ground as opposed to nto your unassigned Doffs roster, which is a bit dumb.

Once you make room you can redeem tokens and then move the officers to the unassigned roster.

This is a bug. A fix for it is in the pipeline.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    I need some Doff help. I just completed the first rank of diplomacy and got a tier 1 doff token. I went to claim and it told me that I could not because I did not have room. I have 23 of 100 doffs currently. Is this a bug, what do I have to do to get this doff? Also, how do you regain access to that doff store?
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    Heretic is it ment to be that assignments that rewards Contraban are almost none excistent, I got lots of assignments that need contraban but no assignments that rewards it.

I also noticed many of the entertain assignments don't really give anything, you pay 50k to 100k plus you have to use many Doffs and other things but the reward is very... well not worth doing the assignment for.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    jam062307 wrote: »
    I need some Doff help. I just completed the first rank of diplomacy and got a tier 1 doff token. I went to claim and it told me that I could not because I did not have room. I have 23 of 100 doffs currently. Is this a bug, what do I have to do to get this doff? Also, how do you regain access to that doff store?

Read the post above yours, it tells you why that is.