Install Arc
Options

AFCTF Fleet transfer?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    JCSWW wrote: »
    It's no annoyance Corban. I hadn't read all of the posts until last night in this thread and realized that some didn't even use Yahoo (can't blame them either). My post was just an idea in case there's a next time.

We could always spice things up with some good ole fashion attack ads.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We could always spice things up with some good ole fashion attack ads.

Or... the polite Canadian way. Eh!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Joined as STO.Capulet
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If anyone has any last minute nominations to make, today is the day. Tomorrow I will set up the polls.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    If anyone has any last minute nominations to make, today is the day. Tomorrow I will set up the polls.

What about... the Mr. Nimoy puppet from the Ten Forward-A?
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I apologise for the annoyance this fleet transfer is causing some of you. For me I feel no sense of urgency and didn't think anyone else would either. It could have been done better, and if it ever needs to be done again we have this example to avoid. Regardless, we will form this new fleet soon and the election will happen this weekend. If people would like I can set up the election poll now and the poll should close for Sunday. If all votes get done before then I can change the settings and people can see the results sooner than that even.

I was not annoyed (my posts were just feedback to help in getting the settings right). I think you did a good job taking the initiative to set this up and taking the time to fine-tune it to people's sensibilities. So for that, I thank you for taking on the hair-pulling frustration of this process.

I only remember one person having a real problem with Yahoo Groups (but maybe I missed some other posts, I'm not going back and rereading them all, lol), plus you said you disabled the emailings so we should not even have to worry about spam.

I think you are being too hard on yourself (re: "example to avoid"). All the concerns/settings seem to have been resolved in, what, a day? That's seems good to me!

Thanks again for setting this up!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was not annoyed (my posts were just feedback to help in getting the settings right). I think you did a good job taking the initiative to set this up and taking the time to fine-tune it to people's sensibilities. So for that, I thank you for taking on the hair-pulling frustration of this process.

I only remember one person having a real problem with Yahoo Groups (but maybe I missed some other posts, I'm not going back and rereading them all, lol), plus you said you disabled the emailings so we should not even have to worry about spam.

I think you are being too hard on yourself (re: "example to avoid"). All the concerns/settings seem to have been resolved in, what, a day? That's seems good to me!

I'll agree with this. Ya done good, Corban, even if you're not from Kentucky. :p
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Three cheers for Corban!

And some dancing to go with it!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What about... the Mr. Nimoy puppet from the Ten Forward-A?

Yeah. I could put him in there. Why not? :p

Daevan wrote:
    I'll agree with this. Ya done good, Corban, even if you're not from Kentucky. :p
    MGDawson wrote: »
    Three cheers for Corban!

And some dancing to go with it!

Okay cool. Its hard to be sure what people are really saying without body language and voice tone.

Now we just wait until tomorrow.

*Starts writing an attack ad against Daevan. Just because.*
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've got a wee bit of a long name on Yahoo. Ran out of ideas for addresses, and couldn't get my google mail/Jetbroadband mail account to log in.

ZeroofTenForward
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've got a wee bit of a long name on Yahoo. Ran out of ideas for addresses, and couldn't get my google mail/Jetbroadband mail account to log in.

ZeroofTenForward

Glad you made it Zero. The rest will be much less complicated and I believe you've been approved.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Okay. I triple checked my work, and set up the voting polls. It is officially Friday where I am atm, so I also voted. I went against some of your ideas regarding untested postions for Zero and I. I don't see what difference it makes either way except you've got to vote two more times. This way the election is 100% grade A democracy and no one can challenge that.

Be sure to let me know if votes or names are showing so I can remedy the problem asap. Since I've voted the next voter should be able to tell.

I ordered the polls 1-5 starting with your choice for fleet founder. There are three throw-away options in each poll. This is because yahoo groups gives you poll questions in groups of five. Obviously ignore them unless you want to be a big jerk.:)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I've voted! One annoying thing about Yahoo polls is that after clicking vote, it still looks like you haven't voted. I guess this is because you can change your vote until the poll closes but it could be implemented in a much better way.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I voted!

And only voted for himself once.....:D
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I voted!

And only voted for himself once.....:D

That's something that crossed my mind when voting. Every single vote I chose was different. 2 were easy choices, the other 2 I did have to think about a little more.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why 4 polls though?

Does it mean Corban'll combing the results into one big, massive poll result?
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Voted, but there was a distint lack of bacon options.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Why 4 polls though?

Does it mean Corban'll combing the results into one big, massive poll result?

I'm guessing that is a limitation of Yahoo's polling system. One poll for the admins with the ability to choose upto 4 possible answers for a single vote would of been much simpler. Then the single poll for the fleet creator.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It works, just keep in mind who you already voted for as you move on to the next. Good luck to all the nominees
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm guessing that is a limitation of Yahoo's polling system. One poll for the admins with the ability to choose upto 4 possible answers for a single vote would of been much simpler. Then the single poll for the fleet creator.

Yeah, its either allow multiple votes or single vote. BTW got an angry e-mail from you know who. Made a thread about it.

Thats probably not helping but I felt compelled to share. Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I knew we should of had an option for bacon...
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hoplite wrote: »

It was an option in the works but it got eaten before the polls were finalized.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hoplite wrote: »

I didn't see an option for a homicidal AI either. I think this whole thing was rigged.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    There is a clause in the charter that excludes anyone with control of life support.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Voted.blah
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Brushie has voted.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Voted and I too only voted for myself once. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm not worried about anyone cheating. Your all good people from what I can tell. Well Dawson might be a somewhat evil, but I think thats true of all model railroad enthusiasts.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Yellow Bus has voted
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The Yellow Bus has voted

Which one? It was the short bus wasn't it? Oh no the poll is broken isn't it? :confused: