test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AFCTF Fleet transfer?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Ten Forward
Polls are now closed. Here are the results:

1st poll asked who you wanted to start the fleet. On two people got votes in this catagory.

Captain Zero: 4
Corban Lewis: 7

The remaining polls were to determine who you wanted on the council. Taking myself out of the results and adding the totals here are the numbers:

Options:
Dawson = 8
Captain Zero = 6 (+4 if we consider the results from poll one.)
Xiaza = 9
JCSWW = 9
Krent = 0
Prophet = 5

Check the math yourselves. No one needs to be reminded that I'm prone to error. If everyones happy with the results then our new council looks like this.

Corban Lewis
Captain Zero
Dawson
JCSWW
Xiaza

Here's our new election office site. Membership requires confirmation by me. Be sure to include your in game name so your confirmation is assured.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/tfelections/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I agree with this. We could always do what we did with the KDF fleet. Promote a few trustworthy ones to the Leader rank in case the new leader goes MIA. Not saying that would happen, just in case.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I say we take off and nuke it from orbit.
    It's the only way to be sure.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I have no problem with this. It would also be a good opportunity to clear out the items in the bank that have been there forever. I would like to keep the same fleet name, if possible.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Actually it would be somewhat difficult to move the bank. Most tabs are pretty full and the EC spent on those tabs can't be recovered.

As an estimate I think we would need at least five tabs to move everything stored away to the new fleet and then the tabs would be crowded with very little if any space for new stuff. Last I checked I think there was 3.7 mil EC in the fleet bank, which would be enough to buy three of the four tabs we would need in addition to the starter tab.

It wouldn't be impossible, but it would certainly be a bit time consuming. The most efficient way to transfer everything would be to have a high ranked AFCTF rank pull things out and then hand them off to a high ranked officer in the new fleet to put them in the new fleet bank.

I'm not opposed to the idea of a new fleet. I also think Zero might make for a good leader, but as Cappy says we should probably have at least two or three others with the Leader rank to reduce the chances of a similar situation down the road.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm also willing to put a couple mil towards the new tabs if need be.

To build on my previous post, I feel that alot/most of the white gear and consumables (especially food items anyone can buy at Andoria, etc) should be removed and sold to clear space.

The basic tribbles, too (Dotson, Sparkes, Stahl, Thompson, Vitales, Susilo) should be "sent to a farm" somewhere. I can breed any non-C-Store tribble people might want (if it requires a rare/super expensive food item (Tier 6 and up) it could take awhile unless you provide the food item).
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well I've actually been working on the bank.

Most of the items in the bank are now green or better. I made exceptions for some common MK X and XI gear, because those can be harder to find. I also dumped more than half the tribbles that were stored away (all basic fur-balls). I reduced the number of consumables as well as organized some things a bit better.

Everything I took I sold for EC to buy some better items to drop back in the bank. Any leftover EC I deposited.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Are there any items in the bank that anyone would miss? To me the easy thing to do would be to sell everything and then take the cash and transfer over. We've got a lot of VA's and I doubt it would take very long to restock the bank.

Just a thought but to save time I think this would be the way to go.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well there are several blue items as well as some data samples, which are like gold-pressed latinum right now, but most everything is green.

The aspect is also that there are only a few lower tier items stored away and even if VAs will fill the new bank back up it's going to be virtually all high tier items, which means nothing for lower level members again.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Xiaza wrote: »
    Well there are several blue items as well as some data samples, which are like gold-pressed latinum right now, but most everything is green.

The aspect is also that there are only a few lower tier items stored away and even if VAs will fill the new bank back up it's going to be virtually all high tier items, which means nothing for lower level members again.

Good point. Well I have no problem with selling off any gear that will help shorten the process.

Also a multiple leadership seems a great idea. Perhaps since we've got a large group people should throw out nominations for who else takes on that role. I'd suggest obviously lifers first since they've made a serious commitment to the game already. I wasn't here for quite awhile but when I got back the first and still most active members of the fleet seemed to be Zero, Krent JCSWW and Prophet. If I've overlooked anyone I apologise.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sounds fine with me! I do agree offering Captain_Zero admin is agreat idea. I also think there should be two other players that could take care of just about everything else if she wasn't available. With 3, someone is always bound to be around. That's my thoughts on things anyway.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Here's an idea that's been bouncing around lately. Our current fleet admin Hazard is MIA and there's no signs he'll return.

Most of the time we don't need a fleet admin doing much with membership permissions being what they are, but you never do know what the future might hold.

So should we start a new in game fleet and transfer over? From what I can tell the hardest part would be transfering the bank over, and even that wouldn't be all that hard.

If this idea is acceptable to our current members I'd also like to nominate Captain Zero as our new fleet admin. She's usually around, well tempered and responsible. At the same time shes a busy person, so if she turns down the nomination I can totally understand.

*Steps off the platform making room for...*
    Capulet wrote: »
    I agree with this. We could always do what we did with the KDF fleet. Promote a few trustworthy ones to the Leader rank in case the new leader goes MIA. Not saying that would happen, just in case.
    I'm not opposed to the idea of a new fleet. I also think Zero might make for a good leader, but as Cappy says we should probably have at least two or three others with the Leader rank to reduce the chances of a similar situation down the road.
    I'm more than game for it. Just my schedule is a wee bit hectic with school, but it should start to slow down since we're in our final quarter of the year.

I agree with Cappy and Xiaza. I think it's for the best if we have 2 or 3 Fleet Admins.
    I have no problem with this. It would also be a good opportunity to clear out the items in the bank that have been there forever. I would like to keep the same fleet name, if possible.
    I don't think it's possible to use the same name for a fleet if it's already in use by another. May be wrong about this, but I think this is how it is.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Sounds like we're in the market for a new name as well then.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Change is good. A new name wouldn't hurt anyone.

How about The Fleet Formerly Known As A Fleet Called Ten Forward?

TFFKAAFCTF?
    :rolleyes:

Okay maybe not.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    JCSWW wrote: »

I can test this out with my 3-man fleet and get back on it real quick. lemme check.

The name won't save, but if we have permission as Rank 6, I think, members of the fleet to change the name, it should be possible
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    *again not meaning to double post*

Member Mk III have the ability to rename the feet as it stands currently. We could, theoretically, rename the old fleet the use the name for the new one. (always wanted to say "theoretically" in a sentence)
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Member Mk III have the ability to rename the feet as it stands currently. We could, theoretically, rename the old fleet the use the name for the new one. (always wanted to say "theoretically" in a sentence)

It doesn't matter to me if the name stays the same or is something new. It's the people within the fleet and those that play with us that make it awesome!
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    While I'm not techincally part of the fleet anymore since the TF-Team broke off, but just a suggestion shouldn't Corban be at least one of the fleet admins. He seems to be the best at organizing fleet events and was the defacto fleet leader when hazard first disappered and he's actually good at it even if he doesnt want the job. Multiple fleet admins is a good idea though. Zero would be a logical choice after that Idk.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It doesn't matter to me if the name stays the same or is something new. It's the people within the fleet and those that play with us that make it awesome!

For sure.

Well lets think of a name, because I don't think anyone but Hazard can change the former.

We should keep the 10f part I suppose though I'm open to new ideas on that even.

I need to go home and see what the name officially is in game. I know over peoples names it reads as Ten Forward.

*Shakes brain hoping for inspiration. Calls his muse and gets the answering machine.*

Um. Anyone else got a suggestion?
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Action League NOW!

Yeah. I went there.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    While I'm not techincally part of the fleet anymore since the TF-Team broke off, but just a suggestion shouldn't Corban be at least one of the fleet admins. He seems to be the best at organizing fleet events and was the defacto fleet leader when hazard first disappered and he's actually good at it even if he doesnt want the job. Multiple fleet admins is a good idea though. Zero would be a logical choice after that Idk.

Its not that I don't want the job. I'd love to be the LEADER and give out orders.

Oh..ORDERS! VICH MUST BE OBEY'D!!

*Does a goosestep march for several paces.*

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.

The reality is that while I'm currently blessed with lots of free time I just know things may not always be that way. However if this counts as a nomination to be one of the fleet leaders I happily accept.
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Brilliant! *claps*
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Its not that I don't want the job. I'd love to be the LEADER and give out orders.

Oh..ORDERS! VICH MUST BE OBEY'D!!

*Does a goosestep march for several paces.*

I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me.

The reality is that while I'm currently blessed with lots of free time I just know things may not always be that way. However if this counts as a nomination to be one of the fleet leaders I happily accept.

That's a good start! Captain_Zero and Corban_Lewis for the two admins to start. If they find the need for another, then I'm sure the two of them can come to some sort of decision as to who would be suitable. Now we just need to take care of the name.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alright I just renamed the Fleet to Ten Forward Old as an experiment. . . It stuck so it should be no issue to take the same name in a new fleet by changing the current name as Zero mentioned. I did change the name back on my own after the experiment though.

The only other thing I request of a new fleet is real rank names unlike what Hazard picked.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alright I just renamed the Fleet to Ten Forward Old as an experiment. . . It stuck so it should be no issue to take the same name in a new fleet by changing the current name as Zero mentioned. I did change the name back on my own after the experiment though.

The only other thing I request of a new fleet is real rank names unlike what Hazard picked.

In order to get this right, I think 2 people should be online at the same time to make sure we don't lose the name. One to rename while the other makes the new one.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm all for this idea, especially since Hazard seems to be gone for some time. I have him on MSN, but I haven't heard from him.

I'll also agree with nominating Zero for the leadership position, and it would be best if we had multiple leaders. Corban seems to be a logical choice, Xiaza would be another good choice, and JCSWW could round out the group.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In order to get this right, I think 2 people should be online at the same time to make sure we don't lose the name. One to rename while the other makes the new one.

While I don't think there's much likelihood that someone would be naming their fleet to the same thing in the short period of time it would take to do it, it's better to be safe than sorry. We would actually need six people on at the same time though. . . five to make the new fleet and one to rename the old one. Unless they've changed the initial member number requirements? Of course we could make the new Fleet with a temp name until we can change both of them I suppose.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Seems fine to me, I've been more using the fleet to store extra crafting materials I don't need anymore.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Daevan wrote:
    I'll also agree with nominating Zero for the leadership position, and it would be best if we had multiple leaders. Corban seems to be a logical choice, Xiaza would be another good choice, and JCSWW could round out the group.

Just saw this. . . While I would be happy to accept a nomination if that's what everyone wants it seems like one of the three or four leaders spots we're talking about should maybe go to Cappy or Raven. They've been far more active in the TF Forums than me and most of you probably don't really no who I am.

Either way I'll still continue to manage the fleet bank if I'm still needed to do so.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thank you for the mention Xiaza but as I currently am on the High Council for our KDF division I do not mind bowing out for the Fed wing. Personally I would vote for you.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    We have anyone up for nomination from Europe? Might go a long ways in helping to merge NA Events with EU Events as well