test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread

Comments

• senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Right you are.. i think a nice spearmint or candie cane strip can work also.
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I forget who makes them but the light blue candy canes wit the dark blue stripe that twirls around them are awesome! I didn't see them this year but the best candy canes I've ever had came from a shop in Greenwich, England. I sent Z one with my little summer Christmas in July surprise package. :D They were hand made and absolutely delicious! Then again, so was everything I bought from that store. They had spools of licorice there the size of rolls of fiber optic cabling. You could have it pre-cut or just order the length you wanted. If I lived on that side of the ocean, I'd be as big as the entire United Kingdom from being too close to that shop, McDonald's onion rings and sweet chili sauce, piemash, and the sausage rolls at Gregg's. :eek:
    edited January 2013
    teh french apple that means pretty young girl from [town] w toffee baked liek a dumpling.. droool super drool.. pavlov bel lddrool
    edited January 2013
    teh french apple that means pretty young girl from [town] w toffee baked liek a dumpling.. droool super drool.. pavlov bel lddrool

:) I wish I had more to say but I don't.
    edited January 2013
    Exactly..
    FOOD power food POWer
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    Happy 17.01 DAY.. Z maid Merrie
    school bus sub sandwich?
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Happy 17.01 DAY.. Z maid Merrie
    school bus sub sandwich?

Being used to the MM/DD/YY or YYYY/MM/DD date format, I never catch these things :P
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • hortworthortwort Member Posts: 281
    edited January 2013
    Ha! I missed that too, neat. :cool:
    I miss my _.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    Calendars are fun. ;)
    edited January 2013
    edited January 2013
    a full size then a quarter sized.. smaller to log days at the salt mine..handy auto ref -boss poor at listing assignments on wall
    [slave pit.. also referred to as a nice rural place to work on nice weather days]

Hello Z.. Sizzling BACON over potatoes now.. krispy.. now add some paprika..
    green grocer tomorrow.. thinking
    onion tomato avocado soft tortillas .. shredded meats.. maybe roast chicken forked off
    w a nice freash sour cream chives
    edited January 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    I still haven't picked up a calendar for this year yet. I might have to go hunting for one some time soon.

wish granted
    edited January 2013
    I bet it has something Yellow.. and Dawsons a Train..
    Momo Dancing bunnies like Raven
    EJ live action renaissance fair
    Cappy BAcon or a spam can
    CHAt w Starfleet Rats.. in little tNG shirts

Corbin probably not Genki
    Boboserve -McCOy

Calendar ideas.. aw Hort Toucans sitting on the window sill hoping Lilly was setting out a lit Rave treat
    edited January 2013
    I bet it has something Yellow.. and Dawsons a Train..
    Momo Dancing bunnies like Raven
    EJ live action renaissance fair
    Cappy BAcon or a spam can
    CHAt w Starfleet Rats.. in little tNG shirts

Corbin probably not Genki
    Boboserve -McCOy

Calendar ideas.. aw Hort Toucans sitting on the window sill hoping Lilly was setting out a lit Rave treat

Nope to all of the above! I absolutely love it though and am going to find some gloss photo paper for my color laser printer and try running it off so i can put it on my wall. :)
    edited January 2013
    Thank goodness for three day weekends! Not for me of course but Z has today off due to it being Martin Luther King Day. Still, I have a bit of extra free time this week thanks to the $120 I made for working for about 40 minutes on Sunday updating a website for the new owners. :cool:
    edited January 2013
    IF we had Venito mask to wear wait. .ok.. Yes the school year was constructed when the agrarian culture demanded the youth available at key times of summer

the idea of schools spending to heat in winter.. always seemed wasteful.. but having vacation and not the weather for it would be much worse.
    edited January 2013
    There's been talks of altering the calendar here to reflect the changes in time. Everything so far has been speculation and will happen after I leave the current system for post secondary.

Granted, I can see the benefits of year-round school, but, for here at least, there are to many things that would compromise for both facility and students alike. A lot of family vacations are planned around the same time every summer, and I know a great deal of students who work full time during summer as well.

Though again, now that I think about it, a lot of the schools in use here don't have adequate cooling systems to handle how hot it gets here in the peak of the summer months, and the same goes for the bus system her. It's bad enough on the buses in May when it's 80F out and humid, let alone how bad it would be peak of summer of 95F+ out.
    edited January 2013
    Right without the nice Coastal winds from Africa to warm your modest temperate areas
    so many inland recreational areas start shutting down in October
    as family vacations [or Holidays] are blocked by school schedules..

then the weather happens.. and budgets prevent all season park building use or small county park facilities.. to think they are still able to play football[soccer] out of doors with no winter break in England.. in shorts well ok modern thermal underwear..

startign a school bus at 05-0530 am to get the diesel goign leavs a nice blue haze on a winterlands yard.

music- Yes,Drama to start the day
    edited January 2013
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    There's been talks of altering the calendar here to reflect the changes in time. Everything so far has been speculation and will happen after I leave the current system for post secondary.

Granted, I can see the benefits of year-round school, but, for here at least, there are to many things that would compromise for both facility and students alike. A lot of family vacations are planned around the same time every summer, and I know a great deal of students who work full time during summer as well.

Though again, now that I think about it, a lot of the schools in use here don't have adequate cooling systems to handle how hot it gets here in the peak of the summer months, and the same goes for the bus system her. It's bad enough on the buses in May when it's 80F out and humid, let alone how bad it would be peak of summer of 95F+ out.

Posting at 3:05AM ET... :P You could have woken me up earlier. ;)

That's probably a factor in why we don't have school here during the summer months either. It would cost the education system way too much to fun air conditioning for every school. In a lot of cases though, they do turn them on after it reaches a certain temperature outside regardless of the time of year and the humidity here is also usually a problem.
    edited January 2013
    Posting at 3:05AM ET... :P You could have woken me up earlier. ;)

That's probably a factor in why we don't have school here during the summer months either. It would cost the education system way too much to fun air conditioning for every school. In a lot of cases though, they do turn them on after it reaches a certain temperature outside regardless of the time of year and the humidity here is also usually a problem.

Solar and Geo-Thermal.. A co-worker is a home builder on the side.. They used geothermal - heating and A/C are covered by this system.. Heating cost the Equiv of 325 USD for a whole year. Very efficient few moving parts..

Take an Energy Concepts College course you will see how easy it is.. Solar panels are coming down in price.. but are still like wind chargers a cost to return ratio of inefficiency in small lots.. fro the mount of space a solar field or charger farm takes up generate a small fraction of a safe steam turbine driven by nuclear fuel as 80% of France was. .and they used the older poorer quazi-soviet russian style.. like iraq tried to build many years ago.
    and are [eye-sores] to look at.. and wind chargers kill large amounts of birds..
    edited January 2013
    Solar and Geo-Thermal.. A co-worker is a home builder on the side.. They used geothermal - heating and A/C are covered by this system.. Heating cost the Equiv of 325 USD for a whole year. Very efficient few moving parts..

Take an Energy Concepts College course you will see how easy it is.. Solar panels are coming down in price.. but are still like wind chargers a cost to return ratio of inefficiency in small lots.. fro the mount of space a solar field or charger farm takes up generate a small fraction of a safe steam turbine driven by nuclear fuel as 80% of France was. .and they used the older poorer quazi-soviet russian style.. like iraq tried to build many years ago.
    and are [eye-sores] to look at.. and wind chargers kill large amounts of birds..

Honestly, a big part of the problem here is the government. The teachers here were forced to settle for less than what they had when they wanted more on the grounds that the government said, "Everyone needs to do their share in cutting back" when the government then turned around and dished out $21 million in Christmas bonuses to MP's (members of parliment). Things like education, space programs, and scientific advancement need funding badly but they always seem to be the first ones cut when the politicians need some more money to fuel their greedy habits!
    edited January 2013
    Aye never trust the intentions of them that would place their name on an ACT LAw.. Bridge or school during their own lifetimes..
    then vote in one that excludeds their offices fro mthe very laws that govern a nation that elected them.
    edited January 2013
    A fiscally irresponsible pack of bullies taking the cake from the mouths of
    other provinces children by simple majority rule is no basis to form a society

see the fiscal danger inherent in the liberal system of tax borrow borrow more spend
    insane budget caps to bribe a quick re-election.

Now a Weezer Song.. so we may once more smile. .with wind chil ladvisories and another auto in repair bay suckign wahts left of income away
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwkiatZjMyY
    edited January 2013
    For Canada's most populated province (state), we have a debt of $11.9 billion. You compare that with Alberta and that they have about a quarter of the population and they have no provincial (state) debt. It may not be anything to shake a stick at in comparison to some other countries, provinces, and states but I think that is unacceptable and shouldn't even be a quarter of what it is at the highest.
    edited January 2013
    For Canada's most populated province (state), we have a debt of $11.9 billion. You compare that with Alberta and that they have about a quarter of the population and they have no provincial (state) debt. It may not be anything to shake a stick at in comparison to some other countries, provinces, and states but I think that is unacceptable and shouldn't even be a quarter of what it is at the highest.

*cough* US *cough* :P
    edited January 2013
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    *cough* US *cough* :P

True but there are much worse off places. Look at Greece. They pretty much went bankrupt a couple of years ago and took a huge bail out from the EU. I don't remember the exact amount off hand but it was over 27 billion British Pounds Sterling. :eek: That is a massive chunk of cash and yet they blew that fast and had to ask for more. England cutting it's armed forces and actually entering into sharing of troops and resources for military with the French... That part of the world isn't so financial sound either. Debt seems to be way out of control on a global scale.
    edited January 2013
    Yes.. ah Espanola. .only gave in cause
    the German bankers would not go for a blind deal without a working plan of debit control.

2 years before US loan problems the banks dumped bad junk real estate mortgage packages on the DM banks. So they were basically paid 3 times for bad practices forced on them by the Banking committee of the us house . The insurance paid the taxpayer bailed out and then debit was sold to foreign banks and shady 10 cent on the dollar pvt collection firms run by ambulance chasing lawyers.

The US should end the Federal Reserve which borrows government funds from private banks. and stream lien things for the computer age to save money and improve response times for crisis management.