The Captain_Zero Is PURE AWESOMENESS Thread

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    It was! Thank you for finding me thte link also. [=

Star Trek: Durandal - Episode One
    edited February 2012
    yes we could spoof obiseck and Haakeev Like Charlie Chaplin or mel brooks did sinkelgrupper

or
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrestOfTheStars

Romulans need Love Earth Boys are easy

orions are from Duh men are from MArs
    Empress Queen Ravensteins Adventures
    on the StarShip Bunny
    edited February 2012
    SenshiBat wrote: »
    yes we could spoof obiseck and Haakeev Like Charlie Chaplin or mel brooks did sinkelgrupper

or
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrestOfTheStars

Romulans need Love Earth Boys are easy

orions are from Duh men are from MArs
    Empress Queen Ravensteins Adventures
    on the StarShip Bunny

I always mix up Mel Brooks with Rick Moranis for some reason. Some Dark Helmet voice overs for STO would be epic! :D I think pestering Allerka might be in order. I'm good at ripping video and audio but mashing it into something else, is what I'm not good at.

Time to head out and get some work done!
    edited February 2012
    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, Z!!! I hope today turns out to be a little more special than you were expecting. ;)
    edited February 2012
    HAPPY Z DAY --- Like Beeop FAye
    edited February 2012
    What should be on the Valentine's Day dinner menu for my buddy?

T-Bone steak, fresh corn, mashed (whipped) potatoes with gravy, green beans, a big slice of Smith apple pie, and a Ventine's Day heart cake topped with chocolate covered cherries and strawberries.
    edited February 2012
    JCSWW wrote: »
    What should be on the Valentine's Day dinner menu for my buddy?

T-Bone steak, fresh corn, mashed (whipped) potatoes with gravy, green beans, a big slice of Smith apple pie, and a Ventine's Day heart cake topped with chocolate covered cherries and strawberries.

Tart - You must have tart :p
    edited February 2012
    What kind of tart? *facepalm* I forgot the vinilla bean icecream for the Smith apple pie.
    edited February 2012
    Something Red for Heart Tort
    Raspberry
    lingonberry
    edited February 2012
    Something Red for Heart Tort
    Raspberry
    lingonberry

That reminds me of the cookie I had last week. [= I don't have a photo of it posted anywhere but Z knows the cookie I mean.
    edited February 2012
    http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=pretty+cookies&qpvt=pretty+cookies&FORM=IGRE

Yes I'll start it all again
    like the winter needs the spring..

Bater Bater
    and a floured cookie sheet

its not sneaky lickin the spoon if youre alone
    edited February 2012
    *mubles* Spoon! What spoon?! *tries to cover spoon handle sticking out of mouth* :D
    edited February 2012
    WOOHOO! Gotta love it when your afternoon cancels. [=
    edited February 2012
    Certainly nice .. have yourself a peasant good time
    edited February 2012
    Certainly nice .. have yourself a peasant good time

It sure was and today is going to be another now that my morning is complete. Nothing like an early start to a long weekend! [=
    edited February 2012
    Well, what fun this weeks mess was! Not only did things crash on map transfer and everything went down for a minute or so. The mission... Well... I did like the choice in running around. Some missions are definitely quicker and easier than others. However, there still are a lot of them to be done either way. Give me a hat, a pizza, and call me a delivery boy for Deep Space Pizza 9, and I'm good to go.

Seriously though, the city looks nice but there really isn't much fun to be had in it. The Holodeck simulation int he shuttlebay was nice. The Changling kicked my butt a few times but I eventually scooped him up into a jar, slapped a peanutbutter label on it, and put it through the replicator for waste disposal. The space combat Holo simulation was decent also. The enemies may spawn a little late but turning around to go pew pew isn't so bad. The Dreadnaught ship does need to be bigger. Like, Bortas bigger! The visit to the Phophets throught he Orb mission was nice. Not only was it short, the cutscene was great! Not too long, not too short, and did a good job of representing the IP interpretation.

The rewards for this mission, a piece of craptacular armor or some grenades. Neither is worth what you have to go through to get it.
    edited February 2012
    Well, what fun this weeks mess was! Not only did things crash on map transfer and everything went down for a minute or so. The mission... Well... I did like the choice in running around. Some missions are definitely quicker and easier than others. However, there still are a lot of them to be done either way. Give me a hat, a pizza, and call me a delivery boy for Deep Space Pizza 9, and I'm good to go.

Piiiizzzzzaaaa !!!! Yah, *drools* - Lose the anchovies / but yeah the mission was a bit of a messy one this week.
    Seriously though, the city looks nice but there really isn't much fun to be had in it. The Holodeck simulation int he shuttlebay was nice. The Changling kicked my butt a few times but I eventually scooped him up into a jar, slapped a peanutbutter label on it, and put it through the replicator for waste disposal.

I thought Changlings were composed of mostly jelly? :p
    The space combat Holo simulation was decent also. The enemies may spawn a little late but turning around to go pew pew isn't so bad. The Dreadnaught ship does need to be bigger. Like, Bortas bigger! The visit to the Phophets throught he Orb mission was nice. Not only was it short, the cutscene was great! Not too long, not too short, and did a good job of representing the IP interpretation.

Haven't tried the Prophet one yet. I thought towards the end of the mission and the multiple options to responding to our guest on DS9 was very cool. - Though the storyline is now becoming very very weak. Its lacking the flare of "Cloak Intentions", the cool factor of the "The Breen" FE, and the story driven "The Devidians."

Series 4 "2800," so far has fallen short of my expectation - especially after those other previous cool FEs.
    The rewards for this mission, a piece of craptacular armor or some grenades. Neither is worth what you have to go through to get it.

I agree, though the armor is part of a set - it still is not worth it as a reward. Epic fail between mission and reward.
    edited February 2012
    When it cmes to the Feature Episode Series, I rank them as follows from best to worst.

1. Devidian Series
    2. Reman Series
    3. Breen Series

Now... I'm not going to show the Dominion one in there because 2 episodes of lackluster isn't enough to fully judge it, yet. However, it is cruising to bump up the Breen series from my least favorite of them all. Breen series aside, I did like the Defera dailies. As pretty as the city on Bajor is, Ii'll be as dead as the Captain's Table in a few weeks time. Everybody knows where everrything is on DS9 and it's layout is easy to navigate. With the STF's (which the queues are currently broken for), the Borg gear is on DS9. There are a couple of really decent things that could be done to make Bajor a place people want and must go to.

Redesign the city better! Start with a simple center (square) and make it the beam in point. Have structures around that for a few things. Bank and mail, Tailor, the main mission contact, and the rest of the various vendors. Once that's done, just build around that. The temple and very nice pond on one side, more Starfleet contacts and stuff on the other, a crafting area with special Bajoran crafting recipes, and then the conflict area. You may end up with a square map (could really be any shape but to prove a point), it makes things easy to navigate, gives players a reason to go there, and people might just enjoy it more to return.

The one last suggestion to tie into the series I think really is what gives Bajor the kick in the rear to make people go there. When running the Feature Episode series, take away DS9 as a zone players can visit while it is occupied by the Dominion. So... after completing the first episode in the series, Bajor now becomes the hub until which every episode of the series is completed where the Fed's (and Klingon's) retake the station.
    edited February 2012
    When it cmes to the Feature Episode Series, I rank them as follows from best to worst.

1. Devidian Series
    2. Reman Series
    3. Breen Series

Now... I'm not going to show the Dominion one in there because 2 episodes of lackluster isn't enough to fully judge it, yet. However, it is cruising to bump up the Breen series from my least favorite of them all.

You didn't like the Breen FE? wow, I thought that one was a great one. The lack of Voice over for the first two aside, my order goes like this:

1. Devidian
    2. Breen
    3. Reman

As pretty as the city on Bajor is, Ii'll be as dead as the Captain's Table in a few weeks time. Everybody knows where everrything is on DS9 and it's layout is easy to navigate. With the STF's (which the queues are currently broken for), the Borg gear is on DS9. There are a couple of really decent things that could be done to make Bajor a place people want and must go to.

Redesign the city better! Start with a simple center (square) and make it the beam in point. Have structures around that for a few things. Bank and mail, Tailor, the main mission contact, and the rest of the various vendors. Once that's done, just build around that. The temple and very nice pond on one side, more Starfleet contacts and stuff on the other, a crafting area with special Bajoran crafting recipes, and then the conflict area. You may end up with a square map (could really be any shape but to prove a point), it makes things easy to navigate, gives players a reason to go there, and people might just enjoy it more to return.

The one last suggestion to tie into the series I think really is what gives Bajor the kick in the rear to make people go there. When running the Feature Episode series, take away DS9 as a zone players can visit while it is occupied by the Dominion. So... after completing the first episode in the series, Bajor now becomes the hub until which every episode of the series is completed where the Fed's (and Klingon's) retake the station.

That suggestion deserve a thumbs up in "Awesomenessness !!!" :D:D
    edited February 2012
    To expand on the whole, taking away DS9 and forcing people to Bajor while running the FE. They could also offer up a special version of the Signal Contact for DS9 and call it something like, "Thinning he Numbers" or something. Title doesn't matter! Basically, entering DS9 during the FE will get you a special (similar to Signal Contact) with the newer Jem'Hadar enemies on a scaling level but on the DS9 map. Getting too close to the station would get you fired upon by the station itself so there would be a small strategy to the map. Not only would this help players get their Jem'Hadar trophies, it would be a temporary change to mix things up.

When it comes to the Breen series and even the Dominion series. They both contain boring elements I don't like. Defera was nice but they just aren't a species worth saving. :D Let them become the galaxies next sushi trend for all I care. The Breen are an interesting enemy and one I like. I just don't care for their whole crusade to conquer the Deferi. With the Domion series, at least the conflict makes sense. However, it sort of seems a little too familiar. Bajor is being used as a retreat point instead of a Starbase. They have also failed to capture and play up the scale of what a fleet really is. When I expect a fleet of Jem'Hadar to come out of the wormhole, I expect a lot of ships. Not sure if it was hundreds or thousands of ships mentioned in DS9 but neither number was respesented in this series.

The whole blah, blah, blah cutscene really irritates me the more I have to sit through it. Such time would have been much better spent on a cutscene of ships evacuating DS9 and trying to get away safely and Jem'Hadar storming the Promenade, killing just about everything they come in contact with. Instead, we get more blah blah and some horrible Irish sounding character running around OPS until she finally and deserving dies. Also, she just happened to be the only person in OPS?! Where is all the crew? Even when you evacuate a station, there are people there until the last bunch are ordered to leave. If they really wanted to make it seem like the taking of DS9 was so easy, they should of just done the following.

Dominion fleet comes through wormhole, hails stations.
    Vorta - "Hi! We're here to take DS9 so GTFO and have a nice day!" End transmition
    Irish officer - *craps pants* I'm so ashamed! You all leave so I can die and stink up OPS for the Vorta." *snickers*
    Everyone leaves, a nice welcome card for the Vorta is left in her new office, and the Bajor's throw a party to welcome the Fed's.
    edited February 2012
    I think you're a little too hard on this poor Irish girl! She stayed at her post until the end! True, they should have put more than 1 Starfleet Officer and more than 1 Jem'hadar for that matter. But I still believe those cut scenes were kinda nice actually.

Fun fact, there are infinite waves of Jem'hadar ships in the last part ! ;-)
    edited February 2012
    Infinite?! I've cleared out all the enemies with Z once already on elite. Too bad the broken teaming meant neither of us got credit for the mission. You get a pretty nice drop from taking out the Dreadnaught on elite but nothing on normal.
    edited February 2012
    need commando and other diplo alliance building
    side options

Imagine for a moment if you will

> Calling In Favours

Collecting on old debts
    the Captain must recruit
    obeck and Janek

Klingon factions opposed to Bvat
    owe a debt of honour for doomsday

Beg MArtoks forgiveness for the insult of not forcing more vengeance on BREEN
    so where are the Xindi?

Nice work those are bad news
    I still hate the BorgRED alert spawn of probes
    want reengeonthemtoo
    edited February 2012
    It's Pancake Tuesday! Who's having pancakes? :D
    edited February 2012
    i miss a real kitchen at times like this..

i stand up against fry pan and see a little hot plate
    small cube
    fridge that cant hold a package of eggs

What diplo options hae your tried w lorissa?

'Ah you want your station back.. well its mine a prize of war..."

explain wormhole theory after Kurtlands horrid This will take alot of explaining... prophets
    look at the film.... a Founder leave quadrant lost after roomies on war....oh my..

Ithink Loriss liekd me .. she was confused flustered and said she d keep the station until the Founders gaeher e w orderes.. Think i should bring flowers?
    edited February 2012
    I don't remember the options I picked but that sounds like the result I got. She said she had tried to contact the Founder's but hasn't heard from them yet. I think it had something to with showing her the treaty signed by the Founder but I'm not sure. I will not reply that mission unless there is an episode so good, it forces me to.
    edited February 2012
    I will not reply that mission unless there is an episode so good, it forces me to.

I'm with you. I'll probably play it on my klingon one time to see what the differences are, but I didn't like it either. It was way too long. Bajoran fans are probably really pleased, though.
    edited February 2012
    hort_wort wrote: »
    I'm with you. I'll probably play it on my klingon one time to see what the differences are, but I didn't like it either. It was way too long. Bajoran fans are probably really pleased, though.

Only difference I found was, planting listening devices. Otherwise, every other single mission was the same and they were all in the exact same places as the Engineer requirements for fixing consoles. Literally, no better than Fed side and every bit as boring! Only reason I tried the KDF side was because I saw the odd post saying it was a little better. I don't see how the one different mission option makes it better but to each their own.

Well, I've been up for over 2 days straight now so I'm going to try and get some sleep. Servers are still down anyway so there isn't much to do to keep me from trying to sleep. Goodnight all!
    edited February 2012
    Why is Captain_Zero so AWESOME?
    edited February 2012
    e cause well duh just i s