jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2f0f2o4.jpg

thank you so much sparkie!!!
    Att: the bots b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • ntkn
    ntkn Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Considering this stone, as made evident by the initial announcement, was aimed towards already established players looking to try other classes, the following is how this would go:

-Make new character
    -one-click to lvl95
    -use the dreamchaser code currently up for lowbie gears and items then do Morai chain -or- have main on another account drag new alt thru Morai chain for lvl95 Morai gear
    -do cultivation with 95Morai gear, resulting in amassing spirit points for skills -or- have main on another account drag new alt through cultivation, rendering it an easy joke that can be done in a very short time
    -proceed to level the last 5 levels via BH, auto-culti, PV, Morai or whatever floats your boat amassing even more spirit
    -get to 100, stash gear from existing main -or- buy new gear funded from main
    -complain in 4 months that there's no other use for spirit and you have amassed millions of it that serve no purpose

Basically, unless you're a brand new player with no experience and no funds whatsoever, the lack of spirit and gear is a moot point. New alts spawned from this stone will be geared and cultivation done very quickly. And any new players who buy this stone for $60 after the promo obviously have money to spend and would buy their gear and just do the culti quick.
    As it is now, you get free dreamchaser stuff and free lvl95 Morai gear from following a short chain of quests.

The flip side of this free stone is that it is optional. If you cannot afford to gear a new lvl95 or take the short time it takes to do its culti and lvl95 Morai, then maybe you shouldn't use this stone on a new alt. It's an optional power-level path. Noones making you use it if you can't afford to or don't have the couple hours to do the culti and Morai chains.

if true this is probally the only game that has a instant lvl xx feature that levels you completely naked. the reason for doing so is very dumb, even if you have an established chracter. reason being is that u shouldnt need this stone if u have a established char to begin with
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ntkn wrote: »
    if true this is probally the only game that has a instant lvl xx feature that levels you completely naked. the reason for doing so is very dumb, even if you have an established chracter. reason being is that u shouldnt need this stone if u have a established char to begin with
    LOL, what?
    The initial announcement said this was aimed toward established players who want to level an alt. Why shouldn't someone with a well-established 100+ main need this stone for a different class they want to play? Instant level a new class and buy gear for it. Works very well for the intended purpose.
    For myself, who has multiple level 100's already, I plan on using this stone to make 2 classes I've wanted to play for a while now that I otherwise wouldn't have without this stone.

PWI has always been pay heavy.
    This stone offers a route to lvl95, providing you can support yourself when you get there. Either via a main character funding or through charging and buying. Thats all it is - one route to take.
    If someone cannot afford to be lvl95 and naked and cannot gear, level or work on said character then they shouldnt be using this stone and instead use conventional routes.
  • Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1 stone per account, right? I don't suppose that's 1 stone per server per account? b:thanks

Bumped this to this page, because it hasn't been answered that I can see.

On that note, everyone please read the thread before asking questions that have been answered. b:thanks
  • dawetch
    dawetch Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Btw sparkie, any information about new patch?... size, how to get it maybe...

b:chuckleb:victory

THANK YOU SO MUCH
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So will this be like the Aurora Mount thing that says "If you have ever bought and spent gold in PWI before, you will also be receiving these gifts!" I have 2 accounts that have bought things from you... I still see no crazy bird mount.
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unfortunately no. The pill/item was coded with only the old classes in mind. We are discussing the possibility of a different pill for the new classes, but that won't be for awhile. (Mid next year maybe)

Why are things always coded around classes? Wouldn't it be easier just to check for level in this case?
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jairoluis wrote: »
    2f0f2o4.jpg

thank you so much sparkie!!!
    Att: the bots b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

Welp, bots will get almost nothing after expansion. I'd like to see if people will create bot accounts only to pick up coins.b:pleased
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Bumped this to this page, because it hasn't been answered that I can see.

On that note, everyone please read the thread before asking questions that have been answered. b:thanks

I don't see why you are asking for further explanation of this. This makes no sense. You get one stone PER ACCOUNT.....which means if u have another account you will get it even if that account has alts on other servers. Why would they say once per account.....but allow you to get it for other characters on the same account on other servers? Seriously it's still the same account. Use common sense and do what you said.

The real question i want answered is...Will these stones give us any spirit to help level skills up to 95?
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I reckon this insta-level 95 item day is going to be a fiasco.

I am making sure to load up on popcorn b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I reckon this insta-level 95 item day is going to be a fiasco.

I am making sure to load up on popcorn b:chuckle

Right, Imma be running around with my scythe and laughing at everyone who got the item and didnt come read the forums. The rage will be so funny
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So if you have characters on multiple servers, you can only choose one?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    unrefuted wrote: »
    So if you have characters on multiple servers, you can only choose one?

I am assuming you mean on the same account. Think about that for a minute. Everyone use SOME logic here. The pill can only be obtained once per account. That being said....if you have alternate characters on different servers but on the same ACCOUNT......it wouldn't matter which character you logged onto or which server...the first character you log onto on that ACCOUNT will get the item and you wont be able to get it again...unless u dish out $60 of course.

Also i would love to know when we are getting more specific info about the update. We were told more information would be released before the expansion and so far other then this and the initial post we haven't been informed of anything. What exactly will the new expansion entail? What new instances will there be....tell us more about the new starting area maybe? Like seriously PWE has done a HORRID job of handling stuff lately. I will not rely on the post in forums stating what they china servers have now because lets face it half the time china gets stuff we don't.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i would guess that there is a difference between a server account and a pwi account, therefore i strongly believe you get one item per pwi-account per server(as other server is other account?). i think it is that way, by looking at the jolly quest especially.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    i would guess that there is a difference between a server account and a pwi account, therefore i strongly believe you get one item per pwi-account per server(as other server is other account?). i think it is that way, by looking at the jolly quest especially.
    Not how it works at all. Your account it holds all your characters regardless of server. Your account even applies to other PWE games (though due to varying promotions, this won't actually cause conflicts). The fact your account isn't separated based on server and the like is the very reason why someone with characters on multiple servers can send things like blessings to any server without jumping through any additional hoops.

So no, there's not going to be a X per account per server thing. It's never worked that way and there's no logical reason for it to suddenly change for this.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why are people even questioning this? Nothing has ever worked this way. Your blessings, all ARC codes, and anything else ever account based sent out by PWE has always worked this way, so why should it suddenly change for this one item?
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It would be great if this information was more readily available in game, I check the forums pretty actively so I usually know what is going on. However, the amount of people who actively check forums compared to those playing game is pretty low so I can imagine alot of backlash because people aren't aware of how they will be receiving the stone or knowing to sign into the toon first that they want the stone on.
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have to say, making this item NOT account stashable has to be the worst move you could possibly make, being that it isn't something people can control themselves easily like a code.

You are going to have about 70% of the playerbase unaware of this "log into the right character at some time we haven't even given yet" and you are going to end up with hundreds of tickets because of it. There are also a lot of people that will log in and automatically enter a character without thinking about it, since if you have very few that you play it becomes habit to do so. You could seriously limit the amount of tickets you'll get if you just made this item stashable.

Personally, especially without a stated timeframe, I am now nervous about logging anyone in after the expansion. If I log in a small character and they don't get it, I'll be worried that it will mess up if I switch characters.

A one-time use only code would have been much easier on you and on us, really. If you do it that way and someone chooses the wrong character, it is on them. But this way, it is your fault if things go wrong, and that will make a huge mess for you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not how it works at all. Your account it holds all your characters regardless of server. Your account even applies to other PWE games (though due to varying promotions, this won't actually cause conflicts). The fact your account isn't separated based on server and the like is the very reason why someone with characters on multiple servers can send things like blessings to any server without jumping through any additional hoops.

So no, there's not going to be a X per account per server thing. It's never worked that way and there's no logical reason for it to suddenly change for this.

Thank you for a clear explanation, I really appreciate it.b:pleasedb:thanks
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So this stone levels you up to 95. So it knows to stop giving you experience right a level 95? Or does it have 95 levels worth of experience in it but it is level restricted to level 95 and below?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So this stone levels you up to 95. So it knows to stop giving you experience right a level 95? Or does it have 95 levels worth of experience in it but it is level restricted to level 95 and below?

Why you all people ask these question when the answer is on the first page or in the other comments over this thread?
    READ PEOPLE READ.
    giphy.gif

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have read it a few times and it still doesn't make sense.So which is it?
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2014

10. Do I have to be a level 1 player to use this?: Nope, you can use it at any level, but probably best to use it before you reach 95 :p

Really....I think it's pretty obvious what that means...
    And several others have already asked this in this same exact thread, and it was answered several times over....It's also in the official Arc post linked in the first post stated pretty clearly for you if it's not already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I honestly don't quite get the whole can't use it after RA from a business stand point, yes giving them almost the first 100. If the person chooses to get the other 95s from the stone at 60 per that's a lot of potential profit. Especially IF PWI is going to implement the other RAs, because RA 10 is like leveling a from 1-100 the first time anyway, its only like a .5% exp multiplier. Yes you don't want your player base to be lazy but at the same time, they still need to do like a full 6 months of dailies just to get the spirit from the sky levels. And that is just current sky levels. If there are more, then more dailies. They will still need to get A or S cards and level them, to be competitive. All of that on top of gear, refines, shards, etc.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So will this be like the Aurora Mount thing that says "If you have ever bought and spent gold in PWI before, you will also be receiving these gifts!" I have 2 accounts that have bought things from you... I still see no crazy bird mount.

No.

Between December to January, all accounts will receive a free one as a "promotion". Afterwards, they will sell for 60 gold each.
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Massive ranting imminent.
    Changing redeem method to Arc Code Redeem highly recommended.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Considering this stone, as made evident by the initial announcement, was aimed towards already established players looking to try other classes, the following is how this would go:

-Make new character
    -one-click to lvl95
    -use the dreamchaser code currently up for lowbie gears and items then do Morai chain -or- have main on another account drag new alt thru Morai chain for lvl95 Morai gear
    -do cultivation with 95Morai gear, resulting in amassing spirit points for skills -or- have main on another account drag new alt through cultivation, rendering it an easy joke that can be done in a very short time
    -proceed to level the last 5 levels via BH, auto-culti, PV, Morai or whatever floats your boat amassing even more spirit
    -get to 100, stash gear from existing main -or- buy new gear funded from main
    -complain in 4 months that there's no other use for spirit and you have amassed millions of it that serve no purpose

Basically, unless you're a brand new player with no experience and no funds whatsoever, the lack of spirit and gear is a moot point. New alts spawned from this stone will be geared and cultivation done very quickly. And any new players who buy this stone for $60 after the promo obviously have money to spend and would buy their gear and just do the culti quick.
    As it is now, you get free dreamchaser stuff and free lvl95 Morai gear from following a short chain of quests.

The flip side of this free stone is that it is optional. If you cannot afford to gear a new lvl95 or take the short time it takes to do its culti and lvl95 Morai, then maybe you shouldn't use this stone on a new alt. It's an optional power-level path. Noones making you use it if you can't afford to or don't have the couple hours to do the culti and Morai chains.

Morai chain will be rough with Dreamchaser gear. But that's what reborn chars are for... I foresee waiting times for the Morai bosses - especially at Atuin. Also, I think you need Aware of Vacuity before you can enter Morai, so you'll be doing the cultivation chain on Dreamchaser gear.

As for trying other classes, sure... but most people, myself included, will just be leveling more alts using this stone. Kitting them out is going to be problematic - but for a pure standby twink, Morai gear (and weapon) should suffice.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    As most of you are aware, we will be granting these out right around the time the expansion launches. Some of you have questions, so I'll see if I can answer them here.

9. Is the item account stashable?: Unfortunately it is not, so be careful when choosing when logging in, as the item will go to the first character that logs in.

10. Do I have to be a level 1 player to use this?: Nope, you can use it at any level, but probably best to use it before you reach 95 :p

LOL Sparkie the use before 95 comment cracked me up irl. b:chuckle All these people asking the same questions really need to come read this thread like we keep telling them in pm after they worldchat. I told them there is so much to learn about the game they play on the forums here. Do they listen?? Nope. So be prepared for tons of Q_Q fests after they mess it up.

And it really is a shame it isn't account stashable. I think that if it was it would save alot of greif. And it would be less pressure for people to make some char they are not even sure they want to play just so it doesnt go to waste. I think the not account stashable thing is going to make even more people who have no clue what they are doing on the game. We had enough of that issue with all the frost babies. Now we will get to deal with it all over again but in a broader scale this time.

I will be using mine on an archer that has never been to FC but it 76 already and a remake when i decided to make a melee account and an arcane account in order to share gear. And on the arcane side it will be for my baby wizzie. A nice class but really forgotten as far as the main pack of the game goes.

And last I would like to wish everyone good luck on their new Storm Bringers and Dusk Blades. And luck also for whichever char they choose to use their stone on. b:cute
  • aquale
    aquale Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sparkiesoft. What is the exact time when Illusionary stones are mailed when one character logs in? Right after when server time hits 12.17 00:00 ?

And by exact I mean could it be announced in correct timezone so I can calculate what it will be for my timezone.
  • Khalos - Dreamweaver
    Khalos - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Why you all people ask these question when the answer is on the first page or in the other comments over this thread?
    READ PEOPLE READ.

Hahaha, all I can think of is that nobody is reading that :P Well, not nobody. I am obviously. Just an ironic thing :P