Options

Comments

• pasterhino
    pasterhino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    thebeast52 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the lvl 95 noobs. good idea PWI

What are you even complaining about? If you're new to PvP, you now have dummies to practice onb:pleased

All jokes aside though, why care about them being noobs anyway, we've all been there, and I'm pretty sure this crystal is just a compensation for the FC being removed from the game, take it or leave it, atleast now none of you can still complain that PWIs all about the money and ''doesn't care about their fans''..Besides, if you're skilled enough yourself, you could just run enough PVs and ding 100 within no time, without the help of others. Pretty sure they intentionally made this crystal ding you to 95, wouldn't you think? Use your brains before posting a complaint next time, please.
    ''Knowing is not enough,
    one must APPLY.

Willing is not enough,
    one must DO.''

- Bruce Lee
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes! The item cannot be used past level 95 thank you I got that.
    So this stone levels you up to 95. So it knows to stop giving you experience right a level 95? Or does it have 95 levels worth of experience in it but it is level restricted to level 95 and below?
    This is what I am asking and yes I read sparkles faq on the first post. Where do you people see the answer to this question?
  • Burnificator - Archosaur
    Burnificator - Archosaur Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A question I haven't seen pop up yet:

Does that mean you will miss out on the levelup rewards?

I don't give too many damns about the orbs and the gems (although they surely do help), but the teleport map is the single most useful thing out of the below 95 rewards.

When I logged in this toon after a few months of inactivity, it was some short time after that got implemented, and as he was 101 at the time, I only got the lvl 95 reward and the 100 reward. It really sucked since the map is in the cash shop, so everyone who started out got the item for free, while older high level chars got screwed out of it.

So, unless this has changed, I advise everyone to level to level 20 and claim the teleport map before using the stone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wizards - the only pyromaniac class.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When I logged in this toon after a few months of inactivity, it was some short time after that got implemented, and as he was 101 at the time, I only got the lvl 95 reward and the 100 reward. It really sucked since the map is in the cash shop, so everyone who started out got the item for free, while older high level chars got screwed out of it.

I was a little upset when I decided to level up my barb and didn't get the map while all new toons had it. But actually it may be different in this case, 'cause the toons will level up after. I mean, if this has been correctly coded, it will validate all the steps (and then the only problem will be the limitation to 20 quests and not huge inventory :p).
    But your question is good.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
    edited December 2014
    Options
    if this has been correctly coded

If pigs could fly, you mean? This is PWI we are talking about b:laugh

EDIT: now that I think of it, why should that even be in a quest? Quests should be, well, quests.

Nowadays whenever there's a new game mechanic being implemented, they just make it a quest. Hell, even teleporting is done with quests, except for the teleport masters/teleport stones and even then I am not sure.

In most games, having a full quest list means you cannot take new quests and that's it.

In PWI, you cannot do a lot of things because of a full quest list, and now and then it screws something up (things just failing with the "Quest list full" message).

Quests should only be what quests are supposed to be: tasks given by NPCs. Teleporting shouldn't be a quest. Getting a buff from a potion (like the antistealth pots) shouldn't be a quest. Grabbing a chest reward shouldn't be a quest.

But that's like my opinion, man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

But that's like my opinion, man.

I think pretty much everyone would agree on this one. Like for all those quest items stored in the main inventory
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think pretty much everyone would agree on this one. Like for all those quest items stored in the main inventory

Right, like we don't have a quest bag for those items or something. PWI logic
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A question I haven't seen pop up yet:

Does that mean you will miss out on the levelup rewards?
    I checked PWDatabase. Turns out those quests have a level cap on how late you can take them (60) and after that each step is only available for five levels til it poofs when you get to the next reward.

So yeah. Level to whatever chest rewards you don't wanna miss first, THEN use the stone. Otherwise you'll miss out big time.
    Right, like we don't have a quest bag for those items or something. PWI logic
    Sad thing is, at first I thought the new devs had just forgotten how to use the quest inventory but checking various quests from their time on other characters... quest inventory IS still used for stuff. They just decided not to use it for all of our quest items like people with common sense would because.... REASONS.

On a side note: Illusion Stone is a quest, regular teleport masters are not. Also Illusion stone can only teleport you to publicly accessible maps, which is why you get warped to the entrance of TTs/FBs/etc instead of going directly into the instance.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I checked PWDatabase. Turns out those quests have a level cap on how late you can take them (60) and after that each step is only available for five levels til it poofs when you get to the next reward.

So yeah. Level to whatever chest rewards you don't wanna miss first, THEN use the stone. Otherwise you'll miss out big time.

Oh my.......this should be edited into the 1st page info of this topic. Its pretty relevant information that has to do with the stone.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Oh my.......this should be edited into the 1st page info of this topic. Its pretty relevant information that has to do with the stone.

Good point. I'll sneak that in later if it's not already added in by then.
    edited December 2014
    Options

I figured as much. One thing doesn't seem right, though: most level-capped quests are given a second (and eventually third) chance to be taken as you RB. I remember a bunch of lowlevel quests popping up that I skipped the first time around. The chest rewards don't come back, though.

Sad thing is, at first I thought the new devs had just forgotten how to use the quest inventory but checking various quests from their time on other characters... quest inventory IS still used for stuff. They just decided not to use it for all of our quest items like people with common sense would because.... REASONS.

...and stuff.

On a side note: Illusion Stone is a quest, regular teleport masters are not. Also Illusion stone can only teleport you to publicly accessible maps, which is why you get warped to the entrance of TTs/FBs/etc instead of going directly into the instance.
    This is also the reason you get damage (and can die if you are low-level and squishy) when porting to Hall of Deception (BH29). You can also occasionally see a glimpse of the dungeon's portal before getting thrown in.

Replies in orange. I have finally chosen my own forum post colour, hopefully not too annoying. I would like to add that I love the game but I hate that there are so many things that players just have to "deal with" but that totally ruin the immersion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options

good to know. I wanna get the MP and HP charm available at lvl 65.
    giphy.gif

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Currently botting new BM to 20. Just want that geographic map. Opening teleporters is annoying D:
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Also, you get 12 special RoR shards at level 30. Kinda worth it as well IMO. Maybe someone could edit a TL;DR list of all good rewards so people could make an informed decision when to use the stone?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • livingonlife
    livingonlife Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aquale wrote: »
    sparkiesoft. What is the exact time when Illusionary stones are mailed when one character logs in? Right after when server time hits 12.17 00:00 ?

And by exact I mean could it be announced in correct timezone so I can calculate what it will be for my timezone.

Yeah I was wondering about this as well. Because that means those who are on East Coast servers will get it before maintenance, unless we have an early maintenance before their reset time. I kept checking the news feed on the stone but it doesn't specify which time zone it's going by. This mainly concerns me because I play on East and West servers and I'd hate to do check ins for East like normal and give the stone to the wrong character because it came in for that particular server's reset XD. But I guess my theory was to just not do check ins until after the expansion. That way at least I won't make an accident and give to the wrong character lol.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yeah I was wondering about this as well. Because that means those who are on East Coast servers will get it before maintenance, unless we have an early maintenance before their reset time. I kept checking the news feed on the stone but it doesn't specify which time zone it's going by. This mainly concerns me because I play on East and West servers and I'd hate to do check ins for East like normal and give the stone to the wrong character because it came in for that particular server's reset XD. But I guess my theory was to just not do check ins until after the expansion. That way at least I won't make an accident and give to the wrong character lol.

The simple solution for everyone is, and I do know it will come as a complete shock, but here goes:
    Don't friggin' sign into the game and check stuff out so you don't **** anything over.
    Totally unexpected, I know, but it finally came to me after meditating on the solution, then running everything through complex algorithms, to ensure maximum potential of said solution.
    The results were amazing, if you don't log into the game before the expansion goes live you are 100% guaranteed you won't **** the receiving of the stone at all.
    Seriously, guys, just log into a different game for a couple of hours and don't risk ruining ****, especially since you have been informed, since you read it on the forums, that there is no exact estimated time for the stone promotion.
    Use your common sense (it is an extremely rare trait, but give it a squeeze).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blackravenxin
    blackravenxin Posts: 6
    edited December 2014
    Options
    in the past with PWI and their various other titles, the stone won't actually be added to the game till after maintenance. I might be wrong, I have been away for over a year, however most new items such as this require some form of patch to be activated for both server, and client.
  • Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear
    Jack_Shadow - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    here is a twist guys.. we need items for that appropriate level in order to survive in the game. no ones going to hand out free items for level 95 players so I hope this boost would be like -Popsicle- and gives us the items we need to play the game at that level other wise it wont be worth 60 bucks.

Edit: the word -Popsicle- is doted out for no reason... that's why I cant put them together.
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    here is a twist guys.. we need items for that appropriate level in order to survive in the game. no ones going to hand out free items for level 95 players so I hope this boost would be like -Popsicle- and gives us the items we need to play the game at that level other wise it wont be worth 60 bucks.

Edit: the word -Popsicle- is doted out for no reason... that's why I cant put them together.

Its because they dont want you to advertise other games on the forums
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its not an advertisement the 2 boosts are pretty much the same. I can only hope we get free gear for the level if we ever want to enjoy level 95...
    what matters in ones life is the strength that's within your heart and mind. for it is these two things that makes one feel human.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    its not an advertisement the 2 boosts are pretty much the same. I can only hope we get free gear for the level if we ever want to enjoy level 95...

From da rulez:
    19. No discussion about competing MMORPG's (including other versions of PW) and other similar games on any of these boards. This includes other Free to Play games. This includes discussion about competing gaming companies. Discussion of other PWE titles is allowed in the Off-Topic and Fanatics forums. Discussion of China's version of PW is allowed.

Discussion of console, handheld, mobile & non-MMORPG/non-Free to Play PC games are allowed in the Off-Topic Forums only.

Please don't try to circumvent the filter, kays?
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I understand... but my question hasn't been answerd
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I understand... but my question hasn't been answerd

From the screenshot of it getting used on PWCN it's just EXP and spirit getting bumped up. No gear, no cultivation, no skills, no coin. Just the level and accompanying spirit.
    edited December 2014
    Options

Kossy, why are you so bias towards popsicles? I mean, creamy icecream is the way to go!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    aquale wrote: »
    sparkiesoft. What is the exact time when Illusionary stones are mailed when one character logs in? Right after when server time hits 12.17 00:00 ?

And by exact I mean could it be announced in correct timezone so I can calculate what it will be for my timezone.

Looks like it will be 12PM (IE Noon Pacific Standard Time). I'll update the thread with this info.
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Kossy, why are you so bias towards popsicles? I mean, creamy icecream is the way to go!

HERETIC! I shall convert you to the juicy juicyness of delicious popsicles!
  • Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Looks like it will be 12PM (IE Noon Pacific Standard Time). I'll update the thread with this info.

Good to know, Hi Sparkie! <3
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
    edited December 2014
    Options
    HERETIC! I shall convert you to the juicy juicyness of delicious popsicles!

Lies and slander!
    Grab the peasant, pitchforks and torches!

Thanks for the update, Sparkie, was beginning to worry since you hadn't mentioned anything in a maint thread till now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jaytrain91
    jaytrain91 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A wild sparkiesoft has appeared
    TwoShanks- Twilight Temple
    BiggyLuvv- Twilight Temple
    BoojanglesRT- Tiswell
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good to know, Hi Sparkie! <3
    Hai!
    Lies and slander!
    Grab the peasant, pitchforks and torches!

Thanks for the update, Sparkie, was beginning to worry since you hadn't mentioned anything in a maint thread till now.

Maintenance thread will be up shortly, in which I'll link this thread and any other relevant info. in it.