Level 95 Illusionary Stone [New Update 12/19]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
As most of you are aware, we will be granting these out right around the time the expansion launches. Some of you have questions, so I'll see if I can answer them here.

For post info, see the blog here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/9009273-free-level-95%21

1. How many do I get?: 1 per account.

2. How will I get it?: It will be mailed to whichever character you log into first. No codes, just log in and it will be in your mailbox.

3. How much does it cost?: Nothing. It is free for the promotional period of 12/17/14 - 1/16/15. After that period, it'll be in the boutique for $60.

4. Can I use it on the new classes?: Negative. Only usable on older classes.

5. Can it be used on reawakened/reborn characters?: No, unfortunately not.

6. Do I have to keep logging in to get it?: Unless you have multiple accounts with characters, no you do not. But if you want to level up a different character on a different account, then you will need to log into your character from that account.

7. Is the item tradeable?: No, you cannot trade it.

8. Do my older accounts get this as well?: Yes. Any existing account, or any account made during the promotional period will get the Illusionary Stone mailed to their character.

9. Is the item account stashable?: Unfortunately it is not, so be careful when choosing when logging in, as the item will go to the first character that logs in.

10. Do I have to be a level 1 player to use this?: Nope, you can use it at any level, but probably best to use it before you reach 95 :p

11. When will I get this Item?: 12 Noon, (Pacific Standard Time) is when the item will be mailed out. Time here: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20141217T12

12. But, what if I accidentally use it on the wrong character? Am I out of luck? Nope, we have a back-up plan that will ensure anyone who forgot to log into the right character, will get the item back.

13. So if the Illusionary Stone gets sent out at 12 noon, can I log onto any character before that? Yes. The Illusionary Stone will not be sent to any character until 12 noon, or after. So to ensure you get it on the right character, make sure to be on the appropriate character at 12 noon or after.

I may be missing some, if so I'll try to answer them when I get a chance.

One last note, it is important to remember to log into your account with the character you intend to level up. If you don't have a character yet made, simply make one and the item will be mailed to it. Just don't log into a different character, than try to log onto the newly made character, as the item won't get sent to you properly.

Update 12/19

We had an issue with the send out, but we're getting that fixed right now. I'll announce before it goes out, in here and Facebook/In-game so it doesn't catch anyone by surprise. Also, I'm preparing a simple blog, that will have an Arc redeemable code with the Illusionary Crystal, in case the second attempt does not work.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cornmaiden
    cornmaiden Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Gotta make sure I log into right dude!

I can see why there was no code, someone would probably find a way to glitch the code like pretty much every other code (I'm looking at you d.orb code!) to get a bunch of multiples.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quick question.

I understand this free item is not useable on the new races, but what about the one purchased?

If say the one that was purchased after the promotional period, can that one be used on the new classes/races?
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    Quick question.

I understand this free item is not useable on the new races, but what about the one purchased?

If say the one that was purchased after the promotional period, can that one be used on the new classes/races?

Unfortunately no. The pill/item was coded with only the old classes in mind. We are discussing the possibility of a different pill for the new classes, but that won't be for awhile. (Mid next year maybe)
  • jasrho
    jasrho Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can the stone be used on any level toon below 95 or just a lvl 1 toon?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited December 2014
    jasrho wrote: »
    Can the stone be used on any level toon below 95 or just a lvl 1 toon?

Yup, any level. It just levels you to 95, so probably best to use it before then.
  • comrox2
    comrox2 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi Sparkie, thanks for posting this. :) A couple questions I have as well: What about spiritual cultivation? Do we have to complete that ourselves from level 1? Do we get any spirit from the item?
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the information.

I would recommend putting this message anywhere and everywhere you can to avoid the countless people you know will logon and get this item on a character they don't want it on.

Put in on the ARC news in the client, spam it in system chat that whatever character logs in first on and after Dec 17th gets this stone.
  • TechDawg - Sanctuary
    TechDawg - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess the one question I would have, as it's obvious it is critical that you log in with the correct character, or new character, prior to logging in with any other character on your account, is the starting point of this promo exactly at 12:01am (Server Time) on 12/17/14, or is it some other random unknown time, like start of business the morning of the 17th, for example?

Secondly, if you are unaware or forgetful like many of us, unfortunately, tend to be and have a character in auto-cultivation, or set up as a shop, prior to the moment this promotion begins, and it is logged in already as the moment passes, is that the character that will be mailed the item or is it the character that next actually logs in? Basically, is the act of logging in the trigger, or is it being logged in when the promotion starts?

Thank you so much, in advance, for answering this : )
  • Rage_Wolf - Sanctuary
    Rage_Wolf - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I guess the one question I would have, as it's obvious it is critical that you log in with the correct character, or new character, prior to logging in with any other character on your account, is the starting point of this promo exactly at 12:01am (Server Time) on 12/17/14, or is it some other random unknown time, like start of business the morning of the 17th, for example?

Secondly, if you are unaware or forgetful like many of us, unfortunately, tend to be and have a character in auto-cultivation, or set up as a shop, prior to the moment this promotion begins, and it is logged in already as the moment passes, is that the character that will be mailed the item or is it the character that next actually logs in? Basically, is the act of logging in the trigger, or is it being logged in when the promotion starts?

I was just thinking the same thing. I'd like to know too. Thank you in advance.
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This. What time exactly. I have my game on almost 24/7, leaving toons to sleep in ror or on autoculti, etc.

I fear messing up.. maybe I'll just stop playing a day or two before the 17th just to be safe...
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    8. Do my older accounts get this as well?: Yes. Any existing account, or any account made during the promotional period will get the Illusionary Stone mailed to their character.[/COLOR][/B]

Oh, great, I can use it on my lvl 86 mystic. Now I just need time to log in...b:cry

Question: You cannot use the promotional stone to lvl up the new classes, but if you spend 60 bucks buying an illusionary stone, can you use it on them?
  • zoner112012
    zoner112012 Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Will it give a player ANY spirit to help level skills up to the level that character is? Or does it JUST give that char the level boost? I think this is a very important question.
    ln5aR6B.jpg
  • Zuuka - Sanctuary
    Zuuka - Sanctuary Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This. What time exactly. I have my game on almost 24/7, leaving toons to sleep in ror or on autoculti, etc.

I fear messing up.. maybe I'll just stop playing a day or two before the 17th just to be safe...

I am pretty sure they will have maintenance prior to adding the expansion, so no one should be logged on during it unless they decide to add the promo in at a weird time.
  • comrox2
    comrox2 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Question: You cannot use the promotional stone to lvl up the new classes, but if you spend 60 bucks buying an illusionary stone, can you use it on them?

Sparkie already answered this on the first page:
    Unfortunately no. The pill/item was coded with only the old classes in mind. We are discussing the possibility of a different pill for the new classes, but that won't be for awhile. (Mid next year maybe)
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    comrox2 wrote: »
    Sparkie already answered this on the first page:

Missed it completely, thanks.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Pretty much this. I'm logged in a lot too, and it's almost second nature for me to click on Serenity, before I even know what happened. So please, any information that you have about when this will be, and whether or not it is the log in that triggers it or not would be helpful.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about a splash screen upon loading the game that is up for the duration of the free stone promo so when we log in it warns us about picking the right character we want to use it with?
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thebeast52
    thebeast52 Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Can't wait for the lvl 95 noobs. good idea PWI
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Sparkiesoft - Just to be 100% clear and a bit of a nob lol I already have several toons apart from my main one.

So on 17 / 12 as I come into the game I need to log onto a small one and will get the gift?
  • Cristalwhite - Harshlands
    Cristalwhite - Harshlands Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for the information.

I would recommend putting this message anywhere and everywhere you can to avoid the countless people you know will logon and get this item on a character they don't want it on.

Put in on the ARC news in the client, spam it in system chat that whatever character logs in first on and after Dec 17th gets this stone.

!!! ^ THIS ^ !!! b:worried

One question from my side.

when i log in with a character level 100+ , what will happen, pretending the item is usless there in general.
  • Mars - Morai
    Mars - Morai Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it just pill to 95lvl or will include some gear/flyer or something else?
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Awesome, thanks for the reply.
    One last question if you know the answer:

Will this item be a regular item in the Boutique? or will it be like the packs, come and go during sale periods?
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Anyway we can have support send the item to a different char? The char I'm deleting to make room for it won't be gone until nearly the next day and I'd rather not miss out on an entire day's worth of dailies. :/

Or hell, why can't this just be a redeem code like everything else so we don't run into these issues? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Theriom - Heavens Tear
    Theriom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    1 stone per account, right? I don't suppose that's 1 stone per server per account? b:thanks
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2. How will I get it?: It will be mailed to whichever character you log into first. No codes, just log in and it will be in your mailbox.

As others already said, you need to spam this in-game prior to the promotion start! Otherwise the flood of QQ will drown the forum for weeks to come..
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am pretty sure they will have maintenance prior to adding the expansion, so no one should be logged on during it unless they decide to add the promo in at a weird time.

The expansion starts on 16th , the code will be send next day on 17th so its a posibility some ppl got toons loged in at the beggining on day 17th.
    giphy.gif

• pearl20
    pearl20 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    can we use the crystal for lvl 95 + ? will we get exp ?
  • Eien_senshi - Momaganon
    Eien_senshi - Momaganon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    When the promotion starts on Morai server? Does is start before or after the maint (thats usually 8am our server time)?
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pearl20 wrote: »
    can we use the crystal for lvl 95 + ? will we get exp ?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    it has been said multiple times. It is not exp orb. Doesnt matter the lvl you got. It will only make yu jump from lvl 1 to 95 i n a click of a mouse. Or from lvl 10 to 95. even from lvl 94 to 95. No higher than 95.
    giphy.gif

• shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ok, important question

does that thing just get you xp up to lv95 or will u also gain the amount of spirit needed for the skills up to that level?
    imo, this is utterly important given for some classes u need a huge amount of spirit (some get all lv10 skills at around lv90) and if it were to just grant you xp thered actually be no use of the item given youd still have to farm the spirit