PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Options

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    belnor wrote: »
    I would hardly call this the death of the archer class. Even with a 20% reduction, they still hit hard. If nothing else this will encourage them to further utilize those other skills they have that hit even harder.

... archers have absurdly low damage output on anyone at endgame, and our skills are even worse.

Please learn how things actually work at endgame before making these sorts of comments, k? k.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I would hardly call this the death of the archer class. Even with a 20% reduction, they still hit hard. If nothing else this will encourage them to further utilize those other skills they have that hit even harder.

Can we institute a new forum rule that everyone that posts something along these lines needs to post vid of them pvping as an archer?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well sorry for trying to give you archers more credit than is apparently due. I've not played an archer in ultra end game gear (like Jarkhen) so no I guess it's not right for me to comment on this. However, my experiences all come from the receiving end of the arrow. I still strongly doubt that it will entirely remove the importance of the archer class.
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I can almost guarantee that 20% will be negligible in the grand scheme of things.But a buff is a buff nonetheless. I highly doubt any good fully geared archers will have any real problems dropping squishes left and right especially if they are out of position in mass PvP.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Moon fairy channeling while moving skill looks kinda fun. It makes kiting in caster easier, also means using combo skill will be probably difficult since the constant clicking needed to kite.

Anyone who have tried the moon fairy can give some insight about it?
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Kiymori - Heavens Tear
    Kiymori - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Moon fairy channeling while moving skill looks kinda fun. It makes kiting in caster easier, also means using combo skill will be probably difficult since the constant clicking needed to kite.

Anyone who have tried the moon fairy can give some insight about it?

Well if you have played any other MMO that allows you to move and cast with hot keys at the same time, it actually might not be to bad. For those who are used to simple point and click I think it might be a nightmareb:chuckle.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Well if you have played any other MMO that allows you to move and cast with hot keys at the same time, it actually might not be to bad. For those who are used to simple point and click I think it might be a nightmareb:chuckle.

Finally, I can put to good use a few games' annoying targeting system that makes you move non stop and splash a skill in between relocations lol. I'm not a fan of it, but since pwi is limited with what it can implement given what it currently has, I think it'll be pretty good and not that big of a turn off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options

To be fair, the point-and-click people have been at a disadvantage anyway... it'd just be a lot more pronounced with move-and-attack mechanics.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    To be fair, the point-and-click people have been at a disadvantage anyway... it'd just be a lot more pronounced with move-and-attack mechanics.

I don't have a high level archer nor a purge weapon, but I have been wondering, being able to purge someone with long range attacks isn't enough to remove that new anti-archer buff?

I have almost no experience in PvP, so I am not aware of how frequent is SB's proc.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I don't have a high level archer nor a purge weapon, but I have been wondering, being able to purge someone with long range attacks isn't enough to remove that new anti-archer buff?

I have almost no experience in PvP, so I am not aware of how frequent is SB's proc.

It depends on whether or not it's purgable. Someone with a level 13+ veno on CN would have to test.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • freygin
    freygin Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Will R8R lose its current stats and regenerate random stats after upgraded to R8R Recast or it'll be upgraded with current stats but with higher numbers ?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Not sure if its been asked/revealed, but while we know the base stats and possible rolled stats will be stronger, will the set bonuses for R8r2 be different/boosted as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I hope it'll be boosted only and keep the current stats, if it's rerolled for 2nd recasting, that'd be infuriating b:angry
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Not sure if its been asked/revealed, but while we know the base stats and possible rolled stats will be stronger, will the set bonuses for R8r2 be different/boosted as well?

That is still a mystery
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options

SB proc is somewhere around 7.5%. We don't have exact numbers, but testing has given us an estimate around there.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vaxial - Dreamweaver
    Vaxial - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Now I know most people are worried about PvP aspects of these new buffs, but in PvE do mob's attacks count as normal attacks(atleast for archer and melee mobs)? Will these new buffs lower our damage taken from mobs?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Will R8R lose its current stats and regenerate random stats after upgraded to R8R Recast or it'll be upgraded with current stats but with higher numbers ?
    R8rr has a different pool of stats than R8r, it's impossible to keep them.
    I checked and the R8rr set bonuses are exactly the same as the set bonuses for R8r.

AA: HP+1200 Crit+4% AttLev+15
    LA: HP+1300 Int-.1 AttLev+15
    HA: HP+1500 Crit+4% AttLev+15
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

I checked and the R8rr set bonuses are exactly the same as the set bonuses for R8r.

AA: HP+1200 Crit+4% AttLev+15
    LA: HP+1300 Int-.1 AttLev+15
    HA: HP+1500 Crit+4% AttLev+15

Well that's boring...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options

Isn't the Comparison of R8rr vs R8r you posted has same pool of stats ? only the numbers are boosted a bit.

That would **** a lot of people who spent lots of damascene for rerolling. Is rerolling stats on R8RR still using Damascene Ore, or the new mat from the new instance ?
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Anyone else super bored by the upcoming expansion so far?

No new gears to add/complete, no new Cards
    (maybe with new Add ons like - chan or + Spirit on a Destroyer Card etc.)
    no new Primal quests/passives/land.

New low level exp dungeon for low levels only, new gears for low levels only.

New dungeon that is already going to be pointless for us on PWI :
    r8rr which is terrible for us where g16 beats it, same goes for pointless morai upgrade.
    New ws recast is simply a boring maxed out current WS recast.

No new skills or fusion skills, no skill updates, no new animations.

So basically all i see is 2 new classes and thats absolutely everything for us normal players that already have a level 100 Char?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

r8rr which is terrible for us where g16 beats it, same goes for pointless morai upgrade.

So basically all i see is 2 new classes and thats absolutely everything for us normal players that already have a level 100 Char?

I welcome instances and stuff that lowbies can enjoy. I really like they did something to the lower quests and, apparently, they also revamped BHs for lvl 80s and 90s (unconfirmed for now).
    It's true that the gear upgrades seem unimpressive for us, since we have our exclusive 3rd cast nirvana, but for China it's a really nice update.
    Also, the Morai gear upgrade I find exciting, the set is really good for pve and a lot cheaper, I'm planing to get it for my alts on different accounts when and if I get them to 100. Having had and tested both sets armor wise, I find it really close to my nirvana 3rd cast (didn't get the weapon).
    It is true that we aren't getting all the stuff they hyped about and I am also disappointed that the skill graphical changes and overhaul for older classes/maps isn't happening, but it's a decent expansion. They did make 2 new areas that I'm pleased about, the starter one and the new race town, those look nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahidevran - Archosaur
    Mahidevran - Archosaur Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options

Umm... are you serious? Last 3 upgrades were for endgame players and with hypers gone in FC there is no other way to level fast other than doing dailies so we can catch hypered players. Note that China never had hypers in FC, we had, and now they give us an opportunity to level faster than before.

And new classes are always exciting.

You talk like low level players are unimportant or something :s
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    i am still hoping there is a class balance upcomming either in this expansion or shortly after. They are saying they now have the tech to move and cast, either make that for all classes or give an update to the classes that need it already, for instance make archers how they should be aka no aps and revamp wizzys. Otherwise as currently i am a bit disappointed as well.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited September 2014
    Options
    freygin wrote: »
    Isn't the Comparison of R8rr vs R8r you posted has same pool of stats ? only the numbers are boosted a bit.

Addons from the game's perspective are stored as an effect plus some values. Since these have different min/max values, they are stored in the game as different addons.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
    Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Umm... are you serious? Last 3 upgrades were for endgame players and with hypers gone in FC there is no other way to level fast other than doing dailies so we can catch hypered players. Note that China never had hypers in FC, we had, and now they give us an opportunity to level faster than before.

And new classes are always exciting.

You talk like low level players are unimportant or something :s

Well there is a lot of things that give exp to low levels already that they barely use or know about. Which all gives massive Exp*
    (eg : PV , Cube, GV aka Rebirth Alpha/Beta/Gamma, BH's, Meditation, Questing and more)

So low levels for certain are important, but that to me is simply a short temporary state of the game.(at least for people that have time to play regularly)

New Classes are cool and all, but if you have a main that you put a lot of effort into, then new classes are simply a sidefocus for a short time until its all the same.

I was hoping for at least an Instance that allows us to Farm either C cards for leveling our Cards.
    Or maybe an instance to farm flowsilver coins (without a stupid Daily restriction) or anything at all that goes above *daily*.

But as it stands now , i think this is the first time that they aren't introducing anything new to farm or do at all. (besides the new Classes ofc)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I suppose they wanted to focus on the new classes only and if there isn't anything new for the existing classes, then people will be even more inclined to try out said new classes because that's where all the new stuff is at.

I do like the fact that they are updating quests and the new instance has a baby version for farming low level gear. It might be interesting. We've had enough "high level" updates for a while.
    The instance will also be something nice to do for those that have R8r gear and would like to upgrade it or at least their R8rr weapon(s). It's also probably something good for PWCN in general and Wanmei's priority is their version of PW so....

We'll probably be missing our version of R9rr for the new classes when we get the update just like it happened with the Earthguards. I might be mistaken but I remember Asterelle saying that there's no PWI-R9rr in the client so far.

Overall I kinda agree that it kinda sucks not having something new for the old classes because even though I want to try out the Moon Fairy (and probably the LA one too) I really won't play beyond level 100. I might RB so I have another FSP alt but yeah.. I'm sticking to my main. Not only because of all the time/effort put into it but also because it's still my favourite class b:laugh and I'm just too lazy to work on another alt. I've already abandoned every character I have except for a Cleric which I use for TWs and stuff.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    edit: looked back and found some of the info, the r8rr doesnt seem very interesting? is it even higher grade? any screenies? sin/archer wrist bonus pool?
  • freygin
    edited September 2014
    Options
    edit: looked back and found some of the info, the r8rr doesnt seem very interesting? is it even higher grade? any screenies? sin/archer wrist bonus pool?

+1 to this, I would love to know the stats pool for R8RR pieces for cleric too. b:thanks
  • _Thoren_ - Harshlands
    _Thoren_ - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Looks like 1-5 star Dragon orbs are going to be in the nw forges. Great news for the refining challenged such as myself. b:laugh
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Here's a gallery of some of the r8rr sets
    Again the gist is:
    -same set bonus
    -no new weapon effects
    -higher base stats
    -higher refine bonus
    -random stats are the same but higher values

Also Mel has a full Moon Fairy squad run of the new instance
    Moon Fairies look like they are playing a different game...
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
This discussion has been closed.