PWI Eclipse Expansion Preview, launching 12/16

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's a really good Moon Fairy skill showcase from Mel PWCN http://youtu.be/s_1GgaOgIaU
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Working on recording/uploading some playtesting of both classes for those willing to put up with my commentary (though it's slow going trying to figure out the quests sometimes). I got through an hour and a half of Night Shadow playtime before I got slammed with the anti-bot question.

Planning on throwing together skill showcase videos later as well, but need to actually get the toons leveled first.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It certainly looks like there are some skills they cannot cast while moving
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here's a really good Moon Fairy skill showcase from Mel PWCN http://youtu.be/s_1GgaOgIaU

Wow melees are going to hate that class so much. Didn't look like the range of attacks was that high so it's probably balanced against non-melee chars.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Wow melees are going to hate that class so much. Didn't look like the range of attacks was that high so it's probably balanced against non-melee chars.

Nope, those skills will most likely end up with ~28m range as all the other casters skills. I can only assume this since the basic range is 17-ish and that rises with levels.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • HEX_AT - Heavens Tear
    HEX_AT - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    @ Asterelle

so are we getting the game System Engine upgrade as well? Any bennifits with this? Server Upgrades or is this NOT the new system?

Just checking as the other post said something about this and its not mentoned anywhere in this thread.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014

They've got some pretty skills, but since that one's only 44, there's no 59+ skills to display. I wonder if that knockback of theirs work on players too.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    Nope, those skills will most likely end up with ~28m range as all the other casters skills. I can only assume this since the basic range is 17-ish and that rises with levels.

That's the thing, I have a psy and wiz and their range was more at the same level...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Mel's other videos are actually really informative too. Saves me the trouble of making them myself.

Peak inside the new instance and shows off all the forges including the new NW forges
    Tour of the new island city east of Misfortune

Be sure to subscribe to Mel's channel for more videos.

@ Asterelle

so are we getting the game System Engine upgrade as well? Any bennifits with this? Server Upgrades or is this NOT the new system?

Just checking as the other post said something about this and its not mentoned anywhere in this thread.
    The engine update was marketing BS in my opinion. It's an incremental update to our existing engine and the new area is not noticeably better looking than EG or TB lands.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014

1) Revelation Potion can be used by assassins to increase awareness by 1 point

About damn time.
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    seems like melee classes will now be even more screwed against new mage class when they have their purify weapons x.x
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    seems like melee classes will now be even more screwed against new mage class when they have their purify weapons x.x

ya pretty much, that class holds so much potential...I need to r9 it instantly when it comes out! 4 months...puh lots of farming to do I guess xDD

Especially since that class got also a knockback skill and a own anti-stun skill...one caster to rule them all. Still, Barbs are the strongest class. Those new classes are nice and such, but in endgame 1on1 they still wont ever reach a barb. Nothing else matters.

Sure Moon Fairies can get annoying as hell for melee classes but. As far as I see it they are just annoying. Nothing in their disposal can dish out enough dmg to kill a end-game barb/BM/Seeker. They will be a major pain in the **** to catch in 1on1. Their true strenght shows in Mass PvP, especially TW.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed, if r8r is now getting r8rr I wonder if the set bonus was changed?
  • Joe - Morai
    edited September 2014
    I just noticed, if r8r is now getting r8rr I wonder if the set bonus was changed?

+1, I'D like to know that too, but I can't seem to find where we could get that info from. I hope it got increased...else the whole r8rr thing would be senseless.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    what are the r9 weps status for the new classes? is it puri for aa and gof for the la? Also what status can you get for r8rr? can mage get purge yet?
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    can mage get purge yet?

Mage is never getting purge on wep. Get better.

Edit- p.s. I finished the Moon Fairy skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • buda20
    buda20 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So when is this update to take place for us? Looks awesome an cant wait but i know i have to dont want them to rush to much an have alot of bugs. looks sweet both classes do going to make one of each.
  • viktorbg
    viktorbg Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Class that can move and cast in the same time vs. old classes that have to stand still do to something.... well GG PWE you made the most OP class and its a range class on top of that.
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Every time I check, Moon Faerie has more skills translated b:thanks

I read them and already the wheels are turning on how I might utilize them...

I really want to know the CD for the healing skill I finally see listed. If its like a 2 min CD then :(

If its like 90 sec then awesome. Even better if its 5 sec b:chuckle

Playing this class will take a lot more skill than any of the 5 I've played b4 it seems. I only briefly played wiz and that was already pretty complicated. At least this class only has 2 elements to worry about and one buff it seems :P

Managing your balls will be the real test, especially for that one 2 spark skill that can have 3 VERY different effects based on them.

I see the skill with the aoe knockback, the aoe reel in over time (seems risky) and the possible zhen skill/that ultimate skill being the source of many changeups and general aoe murderation.

Then when you think you've got me read, I swap my balls and do the opposite.

There are going to be an awful lot of ball related jokes next year.

I'm beyond glad that this class sounds awesome. Mystic has gotten pretty boring. I may be **** at pvp but pve I'm practically using godmode these days.

I've always disliked EG flyers, so idc how goofy the new ones may look at least they won't be GIANT sky blotting monstrosities.

WTB item to unkock aerogear to any race b:surrender

I want all my toons to have frozen sparkle b:cry

Ty Eoria for the work you've done all these years b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • iconique
    iconique Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Finally, kiting melee will actually be fun in PWI \o/
  • Pajdo - Heavens Tear
    Pajdo - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here are some HQ screenshots of new starting area.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125421954@N07/sets/72157645218484373/
  • archoeyrda#7167
    archoeyrda#7167 Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKmSnoh8F4A Perfect World 2 - Gameplay trailer
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Any information if they are gonig to change somethings about the venomancer class? Or pets?
    Because ther is many things that seem to be glitched/bugged/messed up about it.
    Since the pet evolving upgrade the class I mainly play is on many limiting ways broken:

1) Pet keep stucking in TW/and normally in the ground:
    not beeing abel to follow down when you move from the flanks onto the ways at A/B/C lanes etc.

2) Once the Venomancer is stunned/slept pet shows no reaction
    to using skills or doing any action
    (contra stun the enemy etc. even if the pet is immune to sleep/stun movement imparing effects)

3) Movement of pets is completley messed up, you move up/jumping up while the
    pet keeps sliding only over the ground
    (even the Phoenix or air pets act like they are gound bound, and beeing hard inflexible in playstyle)

4) Pet doesn't attack targets in the air, when the veno is on the ground

5) Skills of the pet are glitched and doesn't work in each NW,
    you habe to resummone it in every battlefield you join

6) Defense of pet's like War of Avatar, Phoenix etc. are far to weak again,
    because of attack passives from primal and avatar cards,
    so they are weak as before the evolving upgrade.
    They die by R93 in 1-2 hits. So the pet is not even any type of support anymore.

Thank you for reading.
    I will probably do a real rage hard post on the forum in the future,
    with selfmade videos of how broken Venomancer pets are now.
    It be nice if you can keep me up to date, if ther is going to be changes about current listed points in the future

P.S. thanks to Asterelle for the work
    Add to this list: LOD model bug on many old pets (before Tideborn expansion). Their wild versions have better skin compared to pets after tamed.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    Add to this list: LOD model bug on many old pets (before Tideborn expansion). Their wild versions have better skin compared to pets after tamed.

This actually isn't a bug. It's done on purpose but I quite forgot why. I think it was so that it's easier to load them (lower quality = loading faster). Take that with a grain of salt though. Like I said; I forgot what purpose this served.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • darx
    darx Posts: 3
    edited September 2014
    Relentless Tour
    Range Xm
    Cast 0.7s
    Cooldown 30.0s
    Chi 10

Goes to the enemy's side and causes 30% physical attack plus physical damage and stuns. If Miao Hon is used on the enemy within the next 20sec?, the cooldown of this skill will be reset.

Tested, does have short stun and if enemy DIES in next 20 seconds, cooldown will be reset. I tested on mobs with skills and normal attack. Mobs died after stun+basic skill or stun+2x normal attack. And it reseted both times.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Managing your balls will be the real test, especially for that one 2 spark skill that can have 3 VERY different effects based on them.

Then when you think you've got me read, I swap my balls and do the opposite.

There are going to be an awful lot of ball related jokes next year.

I ... I just can't stop giggling ! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    wat is this Moon Fairy mechanics hipe

any kind of CC will put down her casting and moving advantage

and guess what, Night Shadow has 10 chi cost teleparalyze and more skills with paralyze so i wouldn't call this moving and casting thing really an OP thing xD

what it will be OP imo is that Night Shadow will become the future "shotcaller" having this paralyze chain in mass pvp he will just call targets, chain paralyze them, AA to follow, target dead, repeat
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't want to theorycraft yet, especially since we haven't seen how the new classes affect gameplay but... I have to admit, I don't quite like the way the LA skills sound b:shocked

I'm still going to play the AA class though, because I like casters and my game husband is going to try out the other class anyway.

Inb4 they introduce a new broken status to encounter paralyze and break other things.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't want to theorycraft yet, especially since we haven't seen how the new classes affect gameplay but... I have to admit, I don't quite like the way the LA skills sound b:shocked

I'm still going to play the AA class though, because I like casters and my game husband is going to try out the other class anyway.

Inb4 they introduce a new broken status to encounter paralyze and break other things.

but we already have it D: sage tidal protection b:surrender

the only matter i see in the new LA class is the ability to stay alive in mass pvp as an LA class w\o having tidal

archer struggles a lot in doing so and they are rangeds,
    this class might really suck hard at staying alive in mass pvp being a melee LA class w\o tidal w\o deaden nerves w\o stealth

i will still stay with assassins as strongest pvp class after PW2, with this new LA class as follow up especially if an aps build will be viable but with 1.11 weapon attack speed base and 3.33 aps max viable aps i doubt so

i really need someone to showcase the Night Shadow class, my net doesn't allow me to play on pwch >< imo it has much more pvp potential than Moon fairy
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This. And it will take some time, I guess, before being able to see what the new classes are really capable of. Without even talking about mastering those classes, I would say : reborn twice, get some descent gears/cards, morai skills, primal skills, primal passives, nuemas, and so on.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
This discussion has been closed.