Status of Unannounced Changes: Intended or Not?

Options

Comments

• Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I believe PWI should revert frost to a farming instance again so others can farm and make frost gear to decompose into exp for leveling with the Martial Arts Master NPC if they wish. I don't like power leveling. It encourages new and older players to skip entire aspects of the game which is designed to help people become proficient at playing their chars. What good is a game having so much content when it is modified so that the average player skips it all?

I often wonder if those of us who have been around since before packs and even the tideborne expansion outnumber those who came, power leveled, got bored and left. That turnover rate must be pretty high. I know an overwhelming number of toons on my server is an alt of the original player base so I'm talking of new players after packs and power leveling. Ever since the original devs left PWE for whatever reason and the game changed from level by quest advancement to getting to end game by packs and hyper the quality of game play amongst the player base plummeted for obviously reasons. I've read and heard rumors that the original devs who designed the game were coming back quite awhile ago and haven't paid any attention to that but if they are currently involved in game development (and I have no clue if that is true or not) then it would make sense to me that they would be motivated in getting the game back on track to be what it was originally designed to be.

PV leveling is level restricted as it should be. HH (TT) instance and its various sub instances are level restricted as it should be. Frost is a level restricted instance for the party leader and opener but not for any other squad members and has been exploited for years.

As for the earning time. I have to say from a personal position that I botted nearly non stop from last Christmas until last week. All of the sudden I started doing something called a quest and a BH again. To say that it won't get people to do other things is silly. PWI didn't call their botting system "Bot system." They called it auto cultivation. We can mince words and inferences on the meaning of cultivation but to me it means character advancement. There are quests which require a high number of mobs to complete and it is refreshing to essentially complete them using a target and kill macro using skill macros. But the law of unintended consequences led to a complete exploitation of the system to a point where others weren't even able to complete daily quests on PVE servers. I think this was more of an issue than the in game coin bonanza. Not only that but for the exception of catshop vending and the realm of reflection I was always under the impression that it was a violation of the TOS to AFK grind and farm mobs and plants. Now we understand why that is a problem.

I don't have a problem with these changes other than the fact that both were unannounced and left up to the player base to go WTF is this sh*t about when they encountered them. That was very rude way of implementing them.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • bonzaitreekiller
    bonzaitreekiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I don't get it. If you have one character, this change pretty much makes auto-cultivating useless, unless you don't plan to play. I have a level 62, farming is how I make money at night. I play ALL DAY because, well quite honestly, I CAN and that's nobody's business but my own. This change also breaks my ability to do that. What's really going to happen is that after it tells me I may as well not be playing, I'm going to go play another game. Probably one that i can get lost in for days at a time like I DID with this one. At some point I'll find a game I enjoy that'll not tell me how long I'm allowed to play and that will be that.

If the auto cultivation is the problem, why not just get rid of it? If I loose my ability to make money at night, that sucks and all, but I can adapt and I will. I can't adapt to 8 hours of earning time. I'm no rage quitter, I love this game, but I play RPG's BECAUSE of the insane time it takes to build characters. That's the fun for me. Earning time destroys that completely. Please just remove the auto-culti feature and we'll be golden.
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    There are quests which require a high number of mobs to complete and it is refreshing to essentially complete them using a target and kill macro using skill macros. But the law of unintended consequences led to a complete exploitation of the system to a point where others weren't even able to complete daily quests on PVE servers. I

Woah Whoa wait a second here. Am I to believe that I can only play for 8 hours because high level quests have too many mobs????????
    Too many mobs---->auto-culti
    >abuse auto-culti
    >8 hr earning time?????
    What kind of logic is that???????? Reduce the mobs and remove auto culti. duh.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Woah Whoa wait a second here. Am I to believe that I can only play for 8 hours because high level quests have too many mobs????????
    Too many mobs---->auto-culti
    >abuse auto-culti
    >8 hr earning time?????
    What kind of logic is that???????? Reduce the mobs and remove auto culti. duh.

Nope. Keep it the way it is now. Duh. It doesn't take 8 hours to kill 90 mobs in a quest. Auto Cultivation was never meant for a player to afk grind. Just as Sparkie explained that hypers were never meant to be used in Frost and the fact they did was a glitch I think earning time was always meant to be ported over from the chinese version when they implemented auto cultivation. I think this earning time is not fix but was always meant to be there in the first place. I believe that the devs left it out because of the same reasons they never fixed the original glitch that allowed hypers to be used in frost - because it was a popular feature with the player base. But now we have been inundated with the unintended consequences that were previously mentioned in this thread and others.

This game nor any other MMO is not nor should be designed to be played significantly while AFK. That defeats the spirit of the game substantially.

That said you are going to have to learn how to do things in the game the way it was designed to be. And that is how we old timers did things in the past. With some effort. Nomore free rides so to speak.

I think if people want to play the game they need to actually be sitting in front of their pixels and play the freaking game.

I stayed tuned into my bot very often thanks to the PKers. I'm botting as I speak not for coin but for EXP after rebirth. My catshop makes all my coin. You want in game money then learn to merchant. LOL! You want to gain EXP while making in game money then learn to merchant in the realm of reflection while AFK. I have no idea why more people aren't trying that. There are enough AFKers there and worked after earning time runs out.

Don't play a lazy game. Learn to play a better one.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Nope. Keep it the way it is now. Duh. It doesn't take 8 hours to kill 90 mobs in a quest.
    I think if people want to play the game they need to actually be sitting in front of their pixels and play the freaking game.

Don't play a lazy game. Learn to play a better one.

Perhaps you should have read my post before. No it doesn't take 8 hrs to kill 90 mobs. But I kill mobs 8 hrs. + a day MANUALLY. AT MY KEYBOARD. You know, mobs my level to get drops and mats? I don't care if there's no auto culti. It was nice, but no other mmorpg has it and for good reason. I'll adapt. I'm fine with that. But breaking the games playability with an 8hr timer because it's there is absurd. Don't care about hypers and all that ****, playing for 8hrs + I have to cram gazillions of exp into genies, and besides leveling is what an mmmorpg is all about. Which requires time. Which is now broken.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Just as Sparkie explained
    ...people still actually place value on what Sparkiesoft has to say on this stuff when it sounds so out of the loop and contradictory to how things actually have worked before for our version specifically?

*shrugs*

*still popcorn mode*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Perhaps you should have read my post before. No it doesn't take 8 hrs to kill 90 mobs. But I kill mobs 8 hrs. + a day MANUALLY. AT MY KEYBOARD. You know, mobs my level to get drops and mats? I don't care if there's no auto culti. It was nice, but no other mmorpg has it and for good reason. I'll adapt. I'm fine with that. But breaking the games playability with an 8hr timer because it's there is absurd. Don't care about hypers and all that ****, playing for 8hrs + I have to cram gazillions of exp into genies, and besides leveling is what an mmmorpg is all about. Which requires time. Which is now broken.

The game is not all about you. I cannot count on one hand how many players do nothing but manaully grind mobs all day, every day non stop. Since no 2 players have the exact gameplay style any change is going to disenfranchise someone. It's about finding a balance when adding new features. Whatever that is is going to be at the expense of someone. Personally I feel there is more advantages to the auto culti than disadvantages so I say keep it.

Manage your time.

• Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options

...people still actually place value on what Sparkiesoft has to say on this stuff when it sounds so out of the loop and contradictory to how things actually have worked before?

*shrugs*

*still popcorn mode*

He has done a lot more and has far more credibility than any other community manager has had in a very long time. I suppose you're just proving the notion that it is impossible for 1 person to please everyone. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very extremely selish and self centered.

Besides you people need to understand Sparkie is a middle man in a multifaceted game.

And thinking about it just how long did the goon glitch run? Under your logic since it went on for so long it should have been considered the norm too. LOL.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    The game is not all about you. I cannot count on one hand how many players do nothing but manaully grind mobs all day, every day non stop. Since no 2 players have the exact gameplay style any change is going to disenfranchise someone. It's about finding a balance when adding new features. Whatever that is is going to be at the expense of someone. Personally I feel there is more advantages to the auto culti than disadvantages so I say keep it.

Manage your time.

Of course you do, you're one of the lazy people you were talking about. Botting for exp???? And I have to pay for it. Nice.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Of course you do, you're one of the lazy people you were talking about. Botting for exp???? And I have to pay for it. Nice.

Funny. I play the same game as you do but in my own way with the changes and limitations you and everyone else has too.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Funny. I play the same game as you do but in my own way with the changes and limitations you and everyone else has too.

Except that because of the way you play the game, legitimate players have to suffer. This is a recent development. Balance should be in favor of people who play the game, not in favor of the botters like yourself.

Perhaps it should be noted:

The game is not all about you......

If botting is a problem, its not solved by inducing another one that makes all players suffer, including people who are NOT botting.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Except that because of the way you play the game, legitimate players have to suffer. This is a recent development. Balance should be in favor of people who play the game, not in favor of the botters like yourself.

This botting has been going on for 9 months. Your logic is no different than those who worked hard to go full APS to own the NV instance and run the rap and canny markets before NW made them and NV obsolete. Some spent years leveling from 1 to 9x only for the devs to make frost a power level instance. Some farmed for years for full TT then full NV gears only for others to get them from packs. Then came the R9s. What of all those who labored hard for months or even a year or more only to watch another do the same in days or with a little $$? Were they punished because the game changes allowed that to happen? Some people hate change while others learn to embrace it. I have carpal tunnel in both hands and I'm looking at surgery in both. Playing like you claim you play would be excruciatingly painful for me so I rather sit here and watch my bot play for the 8 hours.

You can call me lazy but I've had this veno since the game was a couple weeks out of beta. I don't have any other alt I play on except a catshop. I farmed well over 1000 runs for months in TT to earn my herc and nix back in the day when there was nothing but QQ about how overpowered venos were in getting rich and in game play.

The point is no change is going to satisfy everyone. Not changing frost to a power level instance then disabling hypers in it. Not making NV and APS builds obsolete by creating NW. Not adding packs to the cash shop so people can buy end game gear instead of farm it. And not a bot system which allows people to auto grind mobs then putting a limitation on it. some are going to hate the changes and others are going to embrace them. Deal with it. Besides getting rid of the bot system will not get rid of botters due to the 3rd party software out there but the earning time limitation will as it has had a major impact on botters.

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We can already do this. I covered it in my Sticky thread over in the Tech forum.
    But I dun like tweaking codes cause you gotta do it again if the company side touches something D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I have carpal tunnel in both hands and I'm looking at surgery in both. Playing like you claim you play would be excruciatingly painful for me so I rather sit here and watch my bot play for the 8 hours. .....

The point is no change is going to satisfy everyone. Not changing frost to a power level instance then disabling hypers in it. Not making NV and APS builds obsolete by creating NW. Not adding packs to the cash shop so people can buy end game gear instead of farm it. And not a bot system which allows people to auto grind mobs then putting a limitation on it. Besides getting rid of the bot system will not get rid of botters due to the 3rd party software out there but the earning time limitation will as it has had a major impact on botters.

Oh, I see...because you have carpal tunnel nobody is allowed to play for more than 8 hours..... As for "making people happy" again, I don't really give a **** about all the little things. An 8hr time limit BREAKS THE GAME for ANYONE including NON BOTTERS after 8 hours. And for what purpose? So people can bot? If you can't play that's not the problem of people that can and they shouldn't have to suffer. This isn't about "satisfying" people. It's about not BREAKING THE GAME because they BROKE IT EARLIER with a bot system. Making botters "happy" or "Satisfied" shouldn't even be on the table. As for third party systems...lol wow. really? "Fixing the problem will make people break the TOS so we better not fix the problem?" That's some presidential logic right there. I've played plenty of MMO's that had no problem weeding those people out.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Oh, I see...because you have carpal tunnel nobody is allowed to play for more than 8 hours..... As for "making people happy" again, I don't really give a **** about all the little things. An 8hr time limit BREAKS THE GAME for ANYONE including NON BOTTERS after 8 hours. And for what purpose? So people can bot? If you can't play that's not the problem of people that can and they shouldn't have to suffer. This isn't about "satisfying" people. It's about not BREAKING THE GAME because they BROKE IT EARLIER with a bot system.

Now you're getting stupid. By the way, even when I do run out of earning time I still quest and get credit for that. I leveled more than 10 times completing quests for the rebirth II. So claiming that the 8 hour earning time prevents gameplay is quite BS.

As I stated before I can't think of anyone I know who sits at a keyboard and does nothing but grind mobs manually for 8 hours a day. What you claim to do is an extreme minority here.

* Making edits After I quote and reply. How presidential.

There are many people here who will tell you that the game was broken long before the bot system was in place.

Packs broke the game
    Frost broke the game
    BH broke the game
    Tideborn class broke the game
    Goon glitch broke the game
    Removing coin value from DQ below level 80 broke the game
    DQ point system page glitch broke the game
    R9RRR broke the game
    NW broke the game
    Now Botting broke the game

I can go on and on. Changes are going to make some happy and some mad but we still all play the same game with the same limitations. If it makes you unhappy then that's really your problem and not mine. I'm adapting to them.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Now you're getting stupid........

As I stated before I can't think of anyone I know who sits at a keyboard and does nothing but grind mobs manually for 8 hours a day. What you claim to do is an extreme minority here.

What part of that was stupid? The part where Non botters who play 8+hrs don't get to play because people who don't play 8hrs a day+ for various reasons would rather bot and have everyone subject to their restrisctions? or the part where there are people who play 8+hrs a day? Because there are way more than you think (though the point is irrelevant). Also, for those of us with a different play style than YOU, not all of us even have quests to turn in. I don't level uncontrolled. I'm 62, been playing for quite some time. All of my skills are up to par and I have lots of spirit. Working on equipment and shards. Working on making my character ECONOMICALLY VIABLE. No available quests in my list. Not even TRYING to level. But when i kill things, I want drops. So your argument that quests fill the gap falls flat. Again, the game is not all about you, or other botters and NO mmorpg should EVER cater to botters over players. EVER. EVER. EVER.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

As for the limit on botting, that is intended as well. We never received it in the patch notes, nor were we made aware of the changes until well after, which is why you didn't see the change posted. I've already mentioned it to my PM, and he's going to talk to the developers when he can. For now though, the only information I have to go on is that it's an intended change.

just proves to me no one even tests the patches but tries them out on the players to see what flies and what doesn't, and in this case IT DOES NOT FLY, like normal.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    [PHP][/PHP]
    What part of that was stupid? The part where Non botters who play 8+hrs don't get to play because people who don't play 8hrs a day+ for various reasons would rather bot and have everyone subject to their restrisctions? or the part where there are people who play 8+hrs a day? Because there are way more than you think (though the point is irrelevant). Also, for those of us with a different play style than YOU, not all of us even have quests to turn in. I don't level uncontrolled. I'm 62, been playing for quite some time. All of my skills are up to par and I have lots of spirit. Working on equipment and shards. Working on making my character ECONOMICALLY VIABLE. No available quests in my list. Not even TRYING to level. But when i kill things, I want drops. So your argument that quests fill the gap falls flat. Again, the game is not all about you, or other botters and NO mmorpg should EVER cater to botters over players. EVER. EVER. EVER.

See above. And if you don't get it it's the part about you trying to make me claim the game is all about me. As I stated if you have a problem with the changes then that's your problem. Not mine or anyone elses.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options

Packs broke the game
    Frost broke the game
    BH broke the game
    Tideborn class broke the game
    Goon glitch broke the game
    Removing coin value from DQ below level 80 broke the game
    DQ point system page glitch broke the game
    R9RRR broke the game
    NW broke the game
    Now Botting broke the game

I can go on and on. Changes are going to make some happy and some mad but we still all play the same game with the same limitations. If it makes you unhappy then that's really your problem and not mine. I'm adapting to them.

If you can't tell the difference between the above items and getting no exp,spririt,coin, and drops after 8 hours then i feel sorry for you
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    If you can't tell the difference between the above items and getting no exp,spririt,coin, and drops after 8 hours then i feel sorry for you

And if you can't see that any change in the game is going to make some happy and others not then that's your problem. Some will adapt while others will just QQ. Even if they remove auto culti completely people will bot. Earning time was implemented in the chinese version long before ours so it was just a matter of time before they brought it here. That's not about you or me or anyone else. It's about how PWE decided to deal with the issue.

I'm still waiting to see how cramming ARC down our throats is supposed to destroy the game. How many threads of QQ did that make? Oh and discontinuing the DQ point system caused a lot of people to lose out. And some believe they did that because of the impending botting system.

You want to get all mad at me for using a feature of the game to its limits then that's on you. Not me. If you want to feel punished by it instead of figuring something else out then that's your problem. Not mine or anyone elses. Deal with it.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And if you can't see that any change in the game is going to make some happy and others not then that's your problem. Some will adapt while others will just QQ. Even if they remove auto culti completely people will bot. Earning time was implemented in the chinese version long before ours so it was just a matter of time before they brought it here. That's not about you or me or anyone else. It's about how PWE decided to deal with the issue.

I'm still waiting to see how cramming ARC down our throats is supposed to destroy the game. How many threads of QQ did that make? Oh and discontinuing the DQ point system caused a lot of people to lose out. And some believe they did that because of the impending botting system.

You want to get all mad at me for using a feature of the game to its limits then that's on you. Not me. If you want to feel punished by it instead of figuring something else out then that's your problem. Not mine or anyone elses. Deal with it.

lol spoken like a true botter
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lol spoken like a true botter

Your opinion which mean nothing to me. I play my way and you yours. If you don't like it then rage quit.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Your opinion which mean nothing to me

and yours to no one else. Who cares what a botter thinks?
    812 posts and all your friends are coming to your defense I see....
    Oh, wait.....
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    and yours to no one else. Who cares what a botter thinks?

About as much as what a QQer thinks about someone else playing the game the way the game allows them too. We've all heard this kind of whining from an extreme minority before.

And I need someone coming to my defense? ROTFL.

Deal with it or GTFO

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    About as much as what a QQer thinks about someone else playing the game the way the game allows them too. We've all heard this kind of whining from an extreme minority before.

And I need someone coming to my defense? ROTFL.

Deal with it or GTFO

lol yeah gotta hate those minorities right?
    Yeah now we see your stripes. Now I see why you can't see that forcing restrictions on someone so YOU can do something isn't right.
    You have a nice day. Peace out.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    lol yeah gotta hate those minorities right?
    Yeah now we see your stripes. Now I see why you can't see that forcing restrictions on someone so YOU can do something isn't right.
    You have a nice day. Peace out.

And you want an extreme minority to dictate the progress of everyone one else in the game. We've all seen your types too.

I see all the inuendo in your ad hominem attack but I'm going to be above all that and stay game related.

• bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    And you want an extreme minority to dictate the progress of everyone one else in the game. We've all seen your types too.

I see all the inuendo in your ad hominem attack but I'm going to be above all that and stay game related.

OK, well then in that case.....
    Earning time is subjected to the Majority by a minority of users. It unfairly restricts the play of a minority that plays 8hrs+ and whether or not the majority feel the effects, they are restricted as well. Can't do it, not even that "once".

So really, it's the minority ABUSERS of the system forcing their way on the Majority of players. My sub culture just feels it the most.

BTW you're the one that made me into a "group"

My point is simply this:
    Botting is wrong, we all know it, but hey, it's allowed
    Botters have become a problem
    Restrictions on botters are necessary
    Restrictons on every else are not necessary
    The 8hr restriction on botting: That's a right and just decision
    8hr restriction on everyone? That is not. And not necessary.
    Yes. I'm one person that plays 8hr+. It shouldn't matter how many of me there are that feel it. Everyone has been subjected to it for a problem restricted to botting.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Hit the end of earning time while playing a character, switch to a different one if you want to play and keep getting drops, spirit, coin, etc.

I have characters as low as level 6, up to 102/102/87 RB2 and several in between in the 50s, 70s, 80s, and 90s, 100s and I am a casual player.

Those that are complaining about the 8 hours are more than likely botters themselves or hard core TT farmers (which all the pauses to buff, pick up, restart TT, use bathroom, take a break, eat, walk the dog, do chores, etc is probably about 10 to 12 hours before they run out.

Even doing all my 100 dailies on my main, was no more than six hours, and that's with a lot of looking for, or starting squads.

I say keep the 8 hours. I have used auto culti in the past, but I don't mind this change.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    OK, well then in that case.....
    Earning time is subjected to the Majority by a minority of users. It unfairly restricts the play of a minority that plays 8hrs+ and whether or not the majority feel the effects, they are restricted as well. Can't do it, not even that "once".

So really, it's the minority ABUSERS of the system forcing their way on the Majority of players. My sub culture just feels it the most.

BTW you're the one that made me into a "group"

My point is simply this:
    Botting is wrong, we all know it, but hey, it's allowed
    Botters have become a problem
    Restrictions on botters are necessary
    Restrictons on every else are not necessary
    The 8hr restriction on botting: That's a right and just decision
    8hr restriction on everyone? That is not. And not necessary.
    Yes. I'm one person that plays 8hr+. It shouldn't matter how many of me there are that feel it. Everyone has been subjected to it for a problem restricted to botting.

Funny but I haven't heard of a single person on my server who is suffering from your perceived problem. Why? because nobody plays the way you claim to be playing here. The only thing that has changed is that people aren't botting 24/7 here anymore. ANd those who do bot aren't botting on their main characters. They bot on an alt. If you want to earn coin then create another char for another 8 hours. Mats and coin can be traded. There's way to many ways to get exp even after the 8 hour limit.

You want to QQ about me using a feature of the game restricting you but then you want to impose restrictions on me so you can do what you want. How hypocritical.

• TheMVP - Heavens Tear
    TheMVP - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    its just an added inconvenience which serves no purpose... Those who think adding this 8 hour time limit is gonna make gold prices drop are wrong, it might slow the growth of prices but its not gonna drop gold price or anything.. People will just log onto alts on the same account to continue their botting, so its just a hassle for everyone. Only people hurt by it are real players.

Now days people are using herb bots and mining bots which arent affected by the time limit and those with 3rd party bots will just use alts on same account as well, so bottem line is this people who cheat or abuse will continute to abuse, this doesnt solve anything and it isnt gonna reduce prices. Just real players will make less and still have to pay same high prices and everyone in game will be inconvenienced.

Lastly those who thought it was devs listening to complaints about inflation are wrong too, rest assured anything u complain about in these forums never gets to any devs. I would tell u why but i have to be policatally correct cuz telling the truth around here is considered harrasment. Anyways This was done in china because they have a law of reducing game time, they felt in their country people were playing games too many hours a day and it got leaked into our version permanently. At the end of day people should be able to play as long as they want to. People could cash shop and free players at least had the option to play longer to try to make up the differnce and i guess they still can just with added hassle. I dont know why people complained so much about inflation it simply didnt effect me, Yes everything cost more, but I was making more money a week. so it was all the same, back when 10* orbs were like 50 mil it took me a week to week and half to get, now 10* are like 110 mil still takes me a week to week and half to get thats just basic playing not merchanting or anything. so really everything was kinda the same price anyway. now the prices are still high and real players just make less. so no real benifit of having 8 hour cap, just makes more hassle for all and less money for real players who dont abuse and only use 1 account. Those who abuse or use many accounts wont be affected by this at all except for hassle and the money will still be flowing in the game enough to keep gold price at the cap and beyond. The China law really doesnt affect the USA subsidiary and really should be removed but they wont cuz their just lazy and could care less to be hoenest about it, why would they want to do more work when they really dont have to.
This discussion has been closed.