Status of Unannounced Changes: Intended or Not?

Options

Comments

• bonzaitreekiller
    bonzaitreekiller Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

You want to QQ about me using a feature of the game restricting you but then you want to impose restrictions on me so you can do what you want. How hypocritical.

What restrictions???? If you want to auto culti with an 8 hr play window feel free. I just want to be free to NOT auto culti and NOT get an 8 hr play window. What is so hard about this concept? It's you being forced on me not the other way around. I'm more than willing to accept this whole earning time concept...IF I SHOULD CHOOSE TO BOT.
  • syphs
    syphs Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    seems like they are doing these things mainly just to stop inflation but since inflation already happened its not going to stop it. in reality the only way to stop this kind of inflation is to put a ceiling on how much gold can be sold for but they wont clearly do that cause that would seem more like punishing cash shoppers. it would be better to put a ceiling on gold at least during sales so gold doesnt skyrocket cause of a sale then be lifted after sale ends, or in some line like that which is basic economics.

since most things are priced based off gold, controle the gold you controle the prices.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    What restrictions???? If you want to auto culti with an 8 hr play window feel free. - I do and I am -I just want to be free to NOT auto culti and NOT get an 8 hr play window. What is so hard about this concept? Life isn't fair. We don't always get what we want. What is so hard about that concept? Did I really want them to restrict me from botting 24/7? It's easy for you to demand that they remove or modify a feature which so many people used but god forbid they inconvenience you if a compromise to the botting system is implemented to prevent abuse which affects both those in favor and those who oppose botting. It's been in the game for months and for you to get all self righteous and make it all about you by demanding that others give something up that benefits them so you can play the game your way is selfish. Have you not noticed that this earning time has cost everyone something that is of equal value? It's a compromised solution to a lot of people's in game problems with botting. Everyone gave something up so we can still have a piece of what we wanted to do. You are mad because you are limited to 8 hours of non stop manual grinding so you say but you think nothing about those who bot also being limited to 8 hours of botting as well. Of course you don't because you have made this entire issue all about you. It's you being forced on me not the other way around. Oh Really? I never asked for the botting feature to be implemented last year. I just used it the way the game has allowed me to. It is you who are trying to force your will onto me at this point because you have made the game all about you. I'm more than willing to accept this whole earning time concept...IF I SHOULD CHOOSE TO BOT.

Stop thinking about yourself. Both sides of the botting issue gave up something to end the abuse and to keep a popular feature which was added to the game.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Stop thinking about yourself. Both sides of the botting issue gave up something to end the abuse and to keep a popular feature which was added to the game
    Life isn't fair. We don't always get what we want. What is so hard about that concept?

So therefore I don't have the right to express my opinion? You constantly attack me personally saying I "make it all about you by demanding that others give something up that benefits them so you can play the game your way is selfish"

When all I'm really saying is that the 8hr limit was intended to help the economy by curbing bots. As you have so kindly pointed out, I am not a member of a group nearly large enough to have an effect on the economy, so what benefit does it serve to allow it to extend beyond the auto-culti system? You've done nothing to argue the validity of my point. Only refute my right to express my opinion. Quite poorly as well.
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Did I really want them to restrict me from botting 24/7? It's easy for you to demand that they remove or modify a feature which so many people used but god forbid they inconvenience you if a compromise to the botting system is implemented to prevent abuse which affects both those in favor and those who oppose botting. It's been in the game for months and for you to get all self righteous and make it all about you by demanding that others give something up that benefits them so you can play the game your way is selfish. Have you not noticed that this earning time has cost everyone something that is of equal value? It's a compromised solution to a lot of people's in game problems with botting. Everyone gave something up so we can still have a piece of what we wanted to do.
    And are you REALLY saying that the justification is that it is to be FAIR to the BOTTERS? So that someone playing the game doesn't have an unfair advantage of someone using a bot? REALLY? Is that what you're saying???? REALLY REALLY???? Are you sure that's the stance you're taking? And standing behind??? Do you hear yourself?????
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I had to go back like five pages to avoid the conversation spam between a troll and an addict to find something relevant b:shocked
    ibdeath1 wrote: »
    So many people are complaining about earning time when it realistically only affects bots. If you are running TT PV or so on the earning time only counts for when you are fighting and 20 seconds after so u spend 10minutes tops per run of your 8hrs. Almost no one who doesnt bot will reach this time.
    This is kind of the mentality I have about it, which is part of the reason I just don't actually care. If you're running into it all the time and not botting, you're probably just an addict who should take a hint. *future me talking to past me about three years ago before college started.....*
    The other part is that almost no dailies require you to get drops.... morai is fine without drops, cube is fine without drops, BH is fine without drops, veno instance is fine without drops... like if you're just conducting normal buisness, it doesn't matter that earning time is looming in the almost non-existent future for you. Set up a bot after you're done for all anyone cares, make it come sooner. If you're conducting farming and whatever, or really concerned about your drops, you can easily do all that first and then do dailies where drops don't matter once you run out of Earning Time.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I had to go back like five pages to avoid the conversation spam between a troll and an addict to find something relevant b:shocked

This is kind of the mentality I have about it, which is part of the reason I just don't actually care. If you're running into it all the time and not botting, you're probably just an addict who should take a hint. *future me talking to past me about three years ago before college started.....*
    The other part is that almost no dailies require you to get drops.... morai is fine without drops, cube is fine without drops, BH is fine without drops, veno instance is fine without drops... like if you're just conducting normal buisness, it doesn't matter that earning time is looming in the almost non-existent future for you. Set up a bot after you're done for all anyone cares, make it come sooner. If you're conducting farming and whatever, or really concerned about your drops, you can easily do all that first and then do dailies where drops don't matter once you run out of Earning Time.

To address the addict comment is to not only go off point once again, but also fruitless as you have no idea of the lives of other people.....

It's interesting how people write things off assuming that everyone else does things "just like them". Morai? Never been there. My character is level 62. It was 59 a month ago. I have all of my skills at max, all my available quests are complete. I collect neumas and have built quite a strong cleric. I enjoy building characters. As do others, I'm sure. I spend a lot of time killing out in the open fields with other like minded faction members. Help them out. Now whenever I do, I have to ask myself if I'll be able to help them with instances later becuase I might "run out of time to play". So because I don't do things like you, it doesn't matter even though it's completely not necessary?
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think a point is being missed here of: the general, majority audience is being discussed when going over features, not 'a singular audience of poster'. People who are in the legit low level area aren't discussed as being prominent just as much as people who are r999+12+whatever aren't the majority. (though they are raged about because they impact the majority, unlike the lower levels who don't).

Welp, tried to be relevant to the real thread and bump that back up to speed. Oh well.
    *sad headshakes* *walks off with popcorn*
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think a point is being missed here of: the general, majority audience is being discussed when going over features, not 'a singular audience of poster'. People who are in the rare low level area aren't discussed as being prominent just as much as people who are r999+12+whatever aren't the majority. (though they are raged about because they impact the majority, unlike the lower levels who don't).

Welp, tried to be relevant to the real thread. Oh well.

I wish you weren't right. It'd be nice to see logic prevail for once.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think a point is being missed here of: the general, majority audience is being discussed when going over features, not 'a singular audience of poster'. People who are in the legit low level area aren't discussed as being prominent just as much as people who are r999+12+whatever aren't the majority. (though they are raged about because they impact the majority, unlike the lower levels who don't).

Welp, tried to be relevant to the real thread and bump that back up to speed. Oh well.

It would appear I quoted the wrong response....viva the smartphone!
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    yu dont run out of time to play. yu just wont get exp, spirit and drops for killing mobs and bosses. Yu will still be able to help ppl with bh even if yu run out of earning time.
    giphy.gif

• Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    You complaining about earning time on a level 62 cleric? You were 59 a month ago? And no quests available? How often do you die and WTF are you killing? Level 5 mobs around Etherblade? I've never heard of someone leveling that slow especially one that complains about 8 hours of earning time.

Think you quoted the wrong person :x My cleric is 84 and an occasional alt.
    But yeah, it doesn't make very much sense. They don't sound like the type of person that'd be abstaining from BHs and reflection for sentiment and etc, either, based on seeming really new.

--smartphones aren't very smart sometimes, are they x3! No harm done.

And of course I'm right. :p
    edited August 2014
    Options
    To address the addict comment is to not only go off point once again, but also fruitless as you have no idea of the lives of other people.....

It's interesting how people write things off assuming that everyone else does things "just like them". Morai? Never been there. My character is level 62. It was 59 a month ago. I have all of my skills at max, all my available quests are complete. I collect neumas and have built quite a strong cleric. I enjoy building characters. As do others, I'm sure. I spend a lot of time killing out in the open fields with other like minded faction members. Help them out. Now whenever I do, I have to ask myself if I'll be able to help them with instances later becuase I might "run out of time to play". So because I don't do things like you, it doesn't matter even though it's completely not necessary?

You complaining about earning time on a level 62 cleric? You were 59 a month ago? And no quests available? How often do you die and WTF are you killing? Level 5 mobs around Etherblade? I've never heard of someone leveling that slow especially one that complains about 8 hours of earning time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options

Do you know what a genie is? Feed it exp? Never done that? Do it every day.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Do you know what a genie is? Feed it exp? Never done that? Do it every day.

...*facepalms*
    Genies are supposed to be to augment your character, not chop off one of their legs levelwise....
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options

Think you quoted the wrong person :x My cleric is 84 and an occasional alt.
    But yeah, it doesn't make very much sense. They don't sound like the type of person that'd be abstaining from BHs and reflection for sentiment and etc, either, based on seeming really new.

--smartphones aren't very smart sometimes, are they x3! No harm done.

And of course I'm right. :p
    I've always loved the mid-levels in any mmo. Fewer condesending know it alls. People are nicer. It's fun to help them. It doesn't surprise me the concept seems so alien to many people. It's not always about "power". Quite sad.

...*facepalms*
    Genies are supposed to be to augment your character, not chop off one of their legs levelwise....

Again, I'm level 62. I don't have a good genie. I feed one up to level and if its better than the last, I keep it. If not I decompose it and get another one. Again, I am not you.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I've always loved the mid-levels in any mmo. Fewer condesending know it alls. People are nicer. It's fun to help them. It doesn't surprise me the concept seems so alien to many people. It's not always about "power". Quite sad.

It's easy 'ta get tired of it after a couple years when that's the whole basis of your faction, and your character's been the same for months since there's no one in your faction that can return the favour you do for them... and going to your level instances is awkward 'cause you'll just get in random people's way.

People don't really like it much for long term since it's so easy to get stuck. Because it's a mentality (or being impacted by other people's mentality, looking at you +7 seeking squads......), not an ailment.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options

Seems a little off to me as well... my most recent low level only took a couple of days at most to level that much just from running quests (and I was feeding exp into genie constantly because quests were levelling me far too fast). Do you not do quests at all, or dailies like BH? You just sit somewhere and grind low level mobs for 8+ hours or something?

Earning time is not set at 8 hours. It goes per time killing mobs, and people that kill slower end up with more time. So if you are legitimately playing 8+ hours a day and NOT BOTTING, you will be doing things other than just killing... turning in quests, emptying inventory, repairing, maybe doing a BH or changing locations to help someone out with something, etc. All of this stops the earning time. So even if you spend a good portion of the day just grinding, you'd likely still get *at least* ten hours out of it (and I'll say more than that, considering that some botters have reported getting ten hours and they don't stop for anything). So what, really, is the problem? The only people that actually have problems are people who want to bot all night and play all day, and it isn't like there isn't a workaround for that too - if people really feel like they cannot live without botting all night, they can make a new alt just to be the botter and then play their main during the day. Sure, it takes a little extra effort, but it solves the problem.

I can see this being annoying for things like axe boss in FSP, but I guess people will just have to be careful when they make squads. Otherwise, from what I have experienced, it isn't really a big deal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options

It's easy 'ta get tired of it after a couple years when that's the whole basis of your faction, and your character's been the same for months since there's no one in your faction that can return the favour you do for them... and going to your level instances is awkward 'cause you'll just get in random people's way.
    People don't really like it much for long term since it's so easy to get stuck.

We don't stay the same for months. We each get a little more powerful every day and we level as a faction. We don't ask anything in return. Why would we? We go to instances in groups from our faction, and people we've befriended and quite honestly, we totally destroy the instances. We don't have those concerns, so kindly do not claim your comments as factual in any capacity.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    We don't have those concerns, so kindly do not claim your comments as factual in any capacity.

I believe that you should kindly read what the people on the last page said regarding leveling speed, because if you're looking for assistance I'm sure they'll gladly give it if you ask. Contrarily, if you don't actually have a problem with how slow you're leveling and that it's becoming a problem for you ie earning time complaints, I don't know what you're doing on this thread for so many pages in a row; and you should probably leave and make your own topic somewhere for people who do wish to speak about what you're conversing with a relevant thread title and audience.

Otherwise, glad your growing a little bit every day works well for you guys.
  • bonzaitreekiller
    edited August 2014
    Options

I believe that you should kindly read what the people on the last page said regarding leveling speed, because if you're looking for assistance I'm sure they'll gladly give it if you ask. Contrarily, if you don't actually have a problem with how slow you're leveling and that it's becoming a problem for you ie earning time complaints, I don't know what you're doing on this thread for so many pages in a row; and you should probably leave and make your own topic somewhere for people who do wish to speak about what you're conversing with a relevant thread title.

you don't get it do you? I don't want to level. The drops pay for me being out there, enjoying the game. I want my drops, as there is absolutely no reason to not give them to me or ANYONE else who is not botting, for any reason. The time constraint was to put a curb on botting players in a misguided, (though i admit for the purposes of argument that it's irrelevant) attempt at controlling the economy. I don't ask that anyone lose anything or have any "restrictions" put upon them. All I ask to to have an unnecessary one lifted. Maybe you are the one who should leave. Why should I not be able to make a call for a more logical approach to botting issues?

You know though, you are right to an extent. I need to be done with this conversation. Ironicall I won't be getting in my 8+hrs today lol

Think about it though. What harm does it do to lift it from people not botting?

Peace out.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So therefore I don't have the right to express my opinion? You constantly attack me personally saying I "make it all about you by demanding that others give something up that benefits them so you can play the game your way is selfish"

When all I'm really saying is that the 8hr limit was intended to help the economy by curbing bots. As you have so kindly pointed out, I am not a member of a group nearly large enough to have an effect on the economy, so what benefit does it serve to allow it to extend beyond the auto-culti system? You've done nothing to argue the validity of my point. Only refute my right to express my opinion. Quite poorly as well.

Opinions are like a*******s. Everyone has one and they all stink. Who are you to claim yours is worth more than mine? And everyone gave something up when they implemented earning time.
    And are you REALLY saying that the justification is that it is to be FAIR to the BOTTERS? So that someone playing the game doesn't have an unfair advantage of someone using a bot? REALLY? Is that what you're saying???? REALLY REALLY???? Are you sure that's the stance you're taking? And standing behind??? Do you hear yourself?????

It's nice that you hold others to such a lower class because you don't like how they play the game. Yes that is very selfish. This change was not just about the economy especially on PvE servers. Maybe you need to read some of the other threads about the issues people had with botters. Yes they created an influx of coin and mats into the game but the real issue was that botters were taking over quest areas and preventing people from doing their dailies. On my server the botter which does that ends up dead real quick. On PvE it was a huge issue. An overwhelming majority of people like the earning time restrictions. Those who don't are the rampant botters who were abusing the system. Most people don't have a problem because it really doesn't affect them. Too bad for you that majority rules here. Yes I was botting 24/7 for months yet I totally support the earning time restriction because I understand the issues others were having. I'm more than happy to live with just 8 hours a day so those others can have their peace in the game.

I have no clue what unfair advantage you are talking about. ROTFLMAO! Have you ever heard of cash shoppers. Life is not about fair. Life is about giving and taking and living with what you get out of it whether you like it or not. I gave up 16 hours of botting income time a day so others can play their game. People like you in the tiny minority will never be happy unless you can take everything away from another so that you can get what you want. I can't think of anything greedier and more selfish than that. I gave something up so a majority of others can play their game and if anything is fair here others have to give something up so I can play my game the way I want for a bit.

Grow up.

Something is very off about this guy. He is so focused on removing earning time as if he was one of those extreme botters himself. It's weird.

edited August 2014
    Options
    59 to 62 in a month...sounds like a hay farmer, or farming something that drops from mobs in that general level range.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2014
    Options
    59 to 62 in a month...sounds like a hay farmer, or farming something that drops from mobs in that general level range.

*shrugs* I just kind of dropped the whole thing once they said they legit had no interest in leveling. It's not anywhere near the norm but hey, whatever floats their boat.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you don't get it do you? I don't want to level. .

Oh boy that's so easy to accomplish.

Get some hypers, run the time down for exp time. Wait for reset. Get more hypers, repeat. STACK exhaustion time through the roof(max is 1024 hours I think).

Wont gain 0.01% level until the next millennium.
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    Options
    oh Boy That's So Easy To Accomplish.

Get Some Hypers, Run The Time Down For Exp Time. Wait For Reset. Get More Hypers, Repeat. Stack Exhaustion Time Through The Roof(max Is 1024 Hours I Think).

Wont Gain 0.01% Level Until The Next Millennium.

Lol!!

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Think about it though. What harm does it do to lift it from people not botting?

Wouldn't stop players from going to a 3rd party bot. Sure, they could use those now, but Earning Time will prevent them from making too much coin from NPCing DQ/Gear, just as it does with Auto Cultivation. As for the ones using them to farm Ores, Wood, and Herbs? They're more likely to transform them into specific materials for selling in a Catshop than to NPC, and even then, thats less coin being generated by those.

Oh, and before you mention the idea of a bot-detection and removal system....we wouldn't have gotten Auto Cultivation and Earning Time if they were willing to take that route, would we~?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    you don't get it do you? I don't want to level. The drops pay for me being out there, enjoying the game. I want my drops, as there is absolutely no reason to not give them to me or ANYONE else who is not botting, for any reason. The time constraint was to put a curb on botting players in a misguided, (though i admit for the purposes of argument that it's irrelevant) attempt at controlling the economy.

Oh, don't worry. If nothing else, they'll probably end up putting an item in the cash shop to extend your earning time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • petrave
    petrave Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    b:laugh and i item for 5 gold that will allow you to hyper in ff if yo charge gold pwi like,s you if you here for free play they wont say directly but they rather that you leave or start charcing gold
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    petrave wrote: »
    b:laugh and i item for 5 gold that will allow you to hyper in ff b:laughb:laughb:laugh

It would probably be a 7-day item and cost ~25 gold. This is PWE, not Walmart. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.