Status of Unannounced Changes: Intended or Not?

Comments

• laiwaisan
    laiwaisan Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    and i bet you still get around on horseback b:chuckle
  • Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide
    Ulquiorraa__ - Raging Tide Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This update has brought a few controversial unannounced changes and it would be nice if we could get some official word on whether these changes are intended or whether any is going to be reverted. As far as I know these are all configuration changes particular to our version of the game that can be changed without the PWCN devs being involved.

1) Earning time in all maps
    It used be that players would only use Earning time in Primal world but now this feature is enabled for all maps. This is a feature that PWCN has had for a while now.

PROs:
    - Puts a limit (8 hours?) on botting which should help reduce inflation.

CONs:
    - Using up earning time totally breaks some instances like Flowsilver Palace.
    - A player's own earning time is not exposed in the UI so it is hard to tell how much you have. PWCN has an earning time icon viewable in the top right that we don't have. (The earning time of squad mates is visible in the team menu.)

2) FCC Hypers are disabled
    The last time this happened it was unintended and was reverted within a couple weeks.

PROs:
    - Makes it harder to skip low level content.
    - Reduces the number of endgame-level alts people will have in the future. Since alts = more money from BHs this lowers inflation.

CONs:
    - Current players are being put at a disadvantage when compared to older players.
    - Leveling off of botting is still easy enough to allow you to skip lowlevel content

3) In-game font is changed, only game font not chat font
    The last time this happened it affected the game font and the chat font and was reverted within a couple weeks.

PROs:
    - Can tell the difference between lower case l and capital I, making scamming harder
    - Supports a few extra special characters like ☆

CONs:
    - Serif fonts are ugly.

UPDATE #1: 8/26
    UPDATE #2: 8/26

There is 1 more bug ... when u move sometime u get stuck in ground at ur old point and u will have to try move again , Hope u report it and it get fixed .Thanks .
    Up for any challenge .

RT PvP Ruler .
  • LucySong - Sanctuary
    LucySong - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We don't need china to fix our version, Devs can just check backup (before maint) and take back all broken parts (With luck can check even older version to fix veno daily) Just take back from older versions.

I know ppl that don't have much time to play, but enjoy doing fcc...
    About earning time.... Do it only on Ob (Overpowered botters) Don't make all pay the price..
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    There is 1 more bug ... when u move sometime u get stuck in ground at ur old point and u will have to try move again , Hope u report it and it get fixed .Thanks .
    Report bugs in Quality Corner. There's no real question that bugs are supposed to be fixed. The issues I am targeting here are controversial changes that may or may not have been intentional.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • LucySong - Sanctuary
    LucySong - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Please keep the FCC changes and the timed earning..its nice to beable to do base quests and not fight for a kill. Its nice to be able to do any quest and not have bots kill steal.

E.V.E.R.Y.T.I.M.E. there is a change, people get on here and swear, threaten to rage quit, rant and rave or state the game is dead or dying for years. PWI dont really care what you threaten them with. Broken game, bugs galore and content removed or changed with no warning. Happened before and will happen again.

Games still here tho. People still play depsite all the tears and tantrums. Build a bridge, you either wanna play or dont..simple

Fcc helps alot to skip annoyin levels...
    And another way instead of earning time... would be to Make Quest Mobs unbottable.
  • Rezsia - Morai
    Rezsia - Morai Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still can't see why they don't fix the bot-issue via a Realm of Reflection system...

You have 8 hours to bot where you want. Then it expires and resets at maybe 12am (12pm would be just increasing boting time over night). That would fix the earning time issue in instances and for quests atually done cause u still get drops like pages/molds/...

I've heard that some people with a bunch of alts still bot 24/7 cause they put bots in rotation. Bot 1 has no earning time left so bot2 is on the way... They still makes millions without actually playing.

I wouldn't mind when earning time remains, but I still think it's unfair for those without 6-10 alts. For me botting (with actually two chars, not 20) was a financial push to work with, I didn't got rich with it (no r9rr, never saw a green number on my coincase).

The FC hyper thing on the other hand makes me not to reborn my psy (who actually had just squad-fc's with better or worser partys ;) ). Maybe I could pv with him to level to 100 again, but the financial loss will be breaking my neck (cleric will never get her G16 +10 that way b:surrender)

All in all I wouldn't rage-quit just because of these changes, I would still play until I don't enjoy anymore... Let's see how it will be in a few weeks when Gold isn't for 4m anymore and prices get lower.
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Although I would have liked to see a quicker response, I also understand sparkie doesn't control these decisions, and has likely been struggling to get info as well. That said, I think sparkie has done a btter job for us than some of his predecessors, and I hope no ill will is held against a person in such a hard spot:) Don't step down, just please continue trying to do what you can!
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • Mariagostina - Archosaur
    Mariagostina - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Serif font is sharp and ugly i hate it, i want OLD FONT, the special characters can be apply on the old font, but the special character it isnt necessary for gameplay

COMIC SANS MS would be nice on PW *-*

2) FCC Hypers are disabled
    CONs:
    - Current players are being put at a disadvantage when compared to older players.
    - Leveling off of botting is still easy enough to allow you to skip lowlevel content

im perfectly agree on this
  • kitsyu
    kitsyu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Generally it will just cause a small fight in my eyes with Prices of Materials, Items, Armor, etc.. because there's going to be lots of Supply & Demand, especially with earnings limited for everyone. Basically it's the price of the item or armor in question that will exceed the reasonable amount due to less drops from the Earning Limits themselves. Making it rather hard for me already to gain anything in the game to be honest. And now that i can't Auto-cultivate overnight to try and at least make up some things, it makes that even harder. I'm a rare-to-see player online due to Real Life Issues to make it blunt. So i do love to play games when i have Leisure Time to myself. Not really complaining to the peanut gallery though, i'm just stating how i feel about some problems that came up in the game related to this. Would be lovely if they deleted some of the accounts not in use for several years though. Would free some space up, make servers lag less and would be nice if i could use Hyper Exp again to reach Reawakened at least once. (been playing a year and never even RA'd yet) I barely gain anything now in exp unless you count maybe Bounty Hunter Quests and possibly normal Quests for that. But what i am wondering is this: Are Hyper Exp even usable anywhere in the Map outside Instances? And are the Quest lines affected by Earning Limitations when you gain items, coins, spirit and exp?
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Anyone else find it ironic that ppl for years have been going "fix the glitches" and now they fix one thats plagued the game for 4 years and they now like "no we want the glitch" b:chuckle

One thing that is sad is FC is an interesting instance to run and good fun when done with a Squad (and prob one of the most busy instances) but other than the decent exp there is no real reason to run it, so it just joins Nirvvy in the list of pointless empty instances.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

This is not true.
    Perhaps the person who told you this didn't know any better, and of course you're still new, so you couldn't have known, but originally FC was a farming instance.
    Mobs and bosses dropped materials to craft green and gold armor and weapons (that's why we have forges at the entrance of FC).
    When we received the update for PWI (honestly, I am not sure if we ever had the farming instance available at the beginning and then it got changed) all the drops were taken away from the mobs and bosses' drop tables and instead they had a slim chance to drop the already made item; additionally, the exp was increased and hypers were allowed. This change was made to better suit Western gamers' love for faster leveling and not endless mob grinds that the Eastern gamers prefer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is not true.
    Perhaps the person who told you this didn't know any better, and of course you're still new, so you couldn't have known, but originally FC was a farming instance.
    Mobs and bosses dropped materials to craft green and gold armor and weapons (that's why we have forges at the entrance of FC).
    When we received the update for PWI (honestly, I am not sure if we ever had the farming instance available at the beginning and then it got changed) all the drops were taken away from the mobs and bosses' drop tables and instead they had a slim chance to drop the already made item; additionally, the exp was increased and hypers were allowed. This change was made to better suit Western gamers' love for faster leveling and not endless mob grinds that the Eastern gamers prefer.

We did have FC the farming instance for a short while.
    I had started farming it way back when it was a farming instance. I wanted that bow, and packs weren't out yet, so the only way to get it was to farm it. FC gear was pretty elite back then .
    I don't recall exactly when it was changed, but it seems to me it was sometime around when Anni-packs made their debut.

As for the implementation of FC, I believe you are mistaken. If I recall correctly, when FC was converted to the exp instance it is now, hypers were a non-issue - because they did not exist yet. FC was farmed for exp on base rates or sometimes esotericas. Speaking even as someone who wouldn't mind having hypers re-enabled, noone can claim either way the intentions of hypers in FC if they did not debut at the same time.
    It is very possible it was originally an oversight when hypers were introduced to disable them in our version, since hypers came later (and given how many other oversights and glitches come in patches) and that they just left it as is.......for the reasons you mentioned.
  • muchamota
    muchamota Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Fix the Damn FC, GOD DAMN IT!!!!!!!!
  • SlayersSin - Heavens Tear
    SlayersSin - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    to PWE, it's clear you don't give a **** about this game anymore and are more interested in promoting your other games, but seriously this is pathetic. All you do is break this game and then you can't even be bothered to fix it, you can't even be bothered to tell us hypers and earning time was intentional for a week? give me a break. Try having more connection to your players here instead of hiding behind your other games and maybe the community wouldn't be raging so much.
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    to PWE, it's clear you don't give a **** about this game anymore and are more interested in promoting your other games, but seriously this is pathetic. All you do is break this game and then you can't even be bothered to fix it, you can't even be bothered to tell us hypers and earning time was intentional for a week? give me a break. Try having more connection to your players here instead of hiding behind your other games and maybe the community wouldn't be raging so much.

This has been their moniker for years. Make changes and ignore community questions, concerns and oftentimes outrage.

Doesn't matter who the current CM is. This is how it always turns out in the long run. This is just how PWI does business.
    b:bye
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Players will adjust to the new realities or they'll move on.

'preciate the effort to let us know what to expect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited August 2014
    As I said, I'm still trying to find out all the correct information. I'm just going off of what I've heard internally, not from China.

With that being said, the Hyper issue seems like a Sync error. Generally, the way it works now was supposed to be how it always worked, but because we usually get broken patches from China, somehow FC allowed Hypers when it was never intended to. We kept it, because most players wanted it, however it looks like they may have sent us another patch with this issue broken once again. That means it will more than likely be reverted, but we don't know exactly when, because we have to wait for a fix from China.

As for the limit on botting, that is intended as well. We never received it in the patch notes, nor were we made aware of the changes until well after, which is why you didn't see the change posted. I've already mentioned it to my PM, and he's going to talk to the developers when he can. For now though, the only information I have to go on is that it's an intended change.
    I just wanted to point out what a lie this was. I mean really.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SchwarzeWolf - Lost City
    SchwarzeWolf - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This all makes me giggle.

Thank you for linking this to me. :D
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just wanted to point out what a lie this was. I mean really.

Oh really ?

You are accusing the CM of lying based on what ?

Your "non-scientific" poll on hypered FC's popularity ?

I get that a lot of the veterans see hypers in FC as the devil's work in PWI and mainly responsible for destroying the game. But that doesn't come even close to making you the majority... particularly in the early years (which is the era I presume he is talking about) when the effects of fast leveling on the game wasn't so noticeable yet.
  • Evisia - Raging Tide
    Evisia - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people, we still have HYPERS! How about you go PV, Zhen, Grind. There was a time when we didn't even have Hypers and people took their behind out to grind and what not. Now we all know damn well they're going to fix this mess, so you can just be patient and let them do what they have to do, end of story.
  • paralleogram
    paralleogram Posts: 596 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »
    Oh really ?

You are accusing the CM of lying based on what ?

Your "non-scientific" poll on hypered FC's popularity ?

I get that a lot of the veterans see hypers in FC as the devil's work in PWI and mainly responsible for destroying the game. But that doesn't come even close to making you the majority... particularly in the early years (which is the era I presume he is talking about) when the effects of fast leveling on the game wasn't so noticeable yet.

^^ This

Majority of the PWI population doesn't read forums, let alone log in to post or give their vote on an unofficial poll which essentially means nothing.
    For all we know a small group of people created tons of alts to skew the results so that your idea of having FC restricted looks like what majority wants.

I am a veteran and have been playing since 2008. I have a bunch alts and doing the same low level quests just to get to 100 so I can PVP, TW or go to NW (and be decent at it) on an alt is annoying as hell. Hyper frost didn't kill this game. Anniversary Packs and other packs that followed did.
    Here we go again....
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Soooooo much rage wow lol. I feel like I'm one of the few who doesn't care which way FC goes. While it IS nice to be able to go in there every now and then to get some easy exp, it's boring as hell and so I usually do other things now. And it's not like this hasn't happened before people, dear god chill out, i'm more 'upset' about other people's earning time **** with instances.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jwillson123
    jwillson123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Was there a nerf to the amount of NW tokens you could earn?
    I was told they lowered the amount of token you earn in NW by 2 people now.
    Do you want PWI to fix the economy before is to late?
    please support Perfect World International Forum > Suggestion Box
    > Limit Auto Cultivation to 1 hour just like Hyper stones
  • Sylvae - Sanctuary
    Sylvae - Sanctuary Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is not true.

I still have some curvades from when I was solo farming the instance in 2008. The martial arts master offers trade for them, but he offers junk. So I just keep em as mementos.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    For myself I don't mind a cap on the earning time but I would like to see the time extended. For my bot during the day it runs for around ten hours while I am at work. Then when I get home and want toplay I am out of earning time so I get no drops, exp for the five or so hours I normally play at night.
    I would like it if the earning time got extended to 16 hours. If this change stays then I will defenitly make a suggestion
  • Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    No matter what we think, PWI will never care. They care about profit, nothing more, nothing less.

If they decide to change things without even having any decency or consideration to let people know in advance, that's PWI's choice.

When PWI **** up the game, it's down to PWI, not us, but we are all to blame.

So please, don't waste effort moaning about something they actually don't care about & play the game that's full of glitches and perhaps, one day, you MAY get that next lvl b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still have some curvades from when I was solo farming the instance in 2008. The martial arts master offers trade for them, but he offers junk. So I just keep em as mementos.

Good to know that it was a farming instance back then, I wasn't really sure about that part since it was before my time. Do you remember what happened for it to change like it did in the first place?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SchwarzeWolf - Lost City
    SchwarzeWolf - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Good to know that it was a farming instance back then, I wasn't really sure about that part since it was before my time. Do you remember what happened for it to change like it did in the first place?

Originally there was a whole set of frost armor, and several different quests that could be done inside there. Something in our version (both PWI and MY-EN) got borked and the instance never worked properly. Way way way later, they fixed part of the issue with the XP and money being ****, and it started to become a farming dungeon.

Frost armor was never really that good (i think it was for like 5x-7x for pre, HH gear) but it did look cool.

Never did get that one quest finished though...

EDIT: Also it helped massively when you had sins with wallhacks being able to solo the whole instance in like 20ish minutes, thats when it really kicked off.
  • nomzoarashi
    nomzoarashi Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Seriously people, we still have HYPERS! How about you go PV, Zhen, Grind. There was a time when we didn't even have Hypers and people took their behind out to grind and what not. Now we all know damn well they're going to fix this mess, so you can just be patient and let them do what they have to do, end of story.

We can't Zhen anymore, sure you get a couple hours of terrible exp but then you are out of earning time and then no more exp gain, just wasted pots. Then what are you going to do the rest of the time you are online, sit in Arch talking to people because you can't farm for any items, any coins, any exp/spirit. This limit really breaks the game, those who are underlvled and poor are screwed while those who control the gold market just keep raising up higher and higher now the cap was removed.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    We can't Zhen anymore, sure you get a couple hours of terrible exp but then you are out of earning time and then no more exp gain, just wasted pots. Then what are you going to do the rest of the time you are online, sit in Arch talking to people because you can't farm for any items, any coins, any exp/spirit. This limit really breaks the game, those who are underlvled and poor are screwed while those who control the gold market just keep raising up higher and higher now the cap was removed.
    You could do cube. It's not an earning time impacted zone. b:chuckle
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.