hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ty Sparkie and Arc team : DDD
  • kallikashnikow
    kallikashnikow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thx for the fast fix. But gold charms with 600k hp 30 gold when 2 silver charms give 700k hp for 12 gold?^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thank you so much PWI for fixing it ^_^, just made my day! b:kiss
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thx for the fast fix. But gold charms with 600k hp 30 gold when 2 silver charms give 700k hp for 12 gold?^^
    That's why you should always pay attention to stuff before you buy it.

Like when they used to put the packs for Herc/Nix on sale, but it was still often cheaper to buy it the normal way. (back before you could bet a herc/nix IN a pack.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Reading through the game news posted for PWI today I noticed that silver charms are placed under the "temporary additions" to the boutique (ending May 30th).

Is this intentional? A typo perhaps? Was pretty pleased to see how quickly charms were re-added but this isn't really a sufficient fix if it's only going to be temporary.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Reading through the game news posted for PWI today I noticed that silver charms are placed under the "temporary additions" to the boutique (ending May 30th).

Is this intentional? A typo perhaps? Was pretty pleased to see how quickly charms were re-added but this isn't really a good fix if it's only going to be temporary.

I just saw it and...yeah temporary? Was that a mistake or is it true? If it's true then it's really really lame.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • saberflare
    saberflare Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Is this intentional? A typo perhaps? Was pretty pleased to see how quickly charms were re-added but this isn't really a sufficient fix if it's only going to be temporary.

This does not look good... If that is true then, we will see more rage after May 30th because this just plain stupid, they should be permanent additions.

Seeing below how they advertised charging zen for demon/sage cards makes me think the whole adding silver charms and gold charms being temporary means spend zen for event gold for charms... Kinda a sneaky move there PWE.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Unacceptable. I'm becoming increasingly disgusted with PWI.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Disgusted, but surprised? b:laugh
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options

Talked with my PM today and yes that is true. However, once the next build comes (after the 30th), it will be added again permanently. Not sure why it's only temporary now, but it will be permanent after.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Geeze people calm down. o,O
    I'm guessing the charms are a temp fix in time for everyone to have over the weekend for TW and NW before a real perm fix happens. I won't get upset until we know for sure what's up.

Edit: speak of the sparkie I got ninja'd lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Talked with my PM today and yes that is true. However, once the next build comes (after the 30th), it will be added again permanently. Not sure why it's only temporary now, but it will be permanent after.

I just bought like 20 silver charms just to be sure, but wow, thank you so much for fixing this so promptly and giving us clear info. Really could not possibly appreciate this more.

Also the bollywood fashion is beautiful and awesome XD
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    thank you so much for fixing this so promptly and giving us clear info.

info is clear? please do tell me when the "next build" is coming them, its not like PWI is known for having "soon" mean 6 months - 1 year
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options
    sontzu wrote: »

This clearly implies the 'next build' will arrive on the 31st of May

no it doesnt, it clearly states it will be after the 30th, it does not clearly state that it will be the 30th, or the 31st, it is possible to not have a "new build" for a while, is it not?
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options

As I said, it implies the next build will arrive 30/31 May. We get new builds in patches very often, I don't see why people would make a huge fuss about it.
    Clearly sparkiesoft can't give a cast iron guarantee the next build will arrive exactly on time; he isn't part of the dev team, so will rely on information passed to him to provide us with updated information.

new builds in patches..sometimes we go a month without a patch, VERY often we go a week or two without a patch, want to go a month or more without event gold charms?

implying things=weasel words, just like how the new DQ system was suppose to replace the old one when that one ended..IN DECEMBER

that was very clear then, just as this is very clear now

im pretty sure "very clear info" is not the same as "implies", actually a good bit the opposite
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options

Thanks for letting us know once again. I hope you can understand it's rather frustrating for us too thus our posts are rather negative. b:surrender

If you guys are waiting for the next build, I hope you'll be able to adjust the flyer prices as well; they aren't very consistent and some with lower speed are more expensive than others with higher speed b:shocked
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options

It will take as long as it takes; since this is a relatively small patch, there is no reason it should take very long. Even if a patch is delayed, the speed they fixed the charms issue shows boutique fixes are a lot easier than other stuff
    1. "it shouldnt take long":well then he should post an actual time frame not just "after"
    2. "even if its delayed" so you're backpedalling now because according to you its very clear were suppose to get them as perma additions the 30/31st

Well, pwe staff like sparkie, even his PM, have no direct control over things like that. If the priorities of the devs in China are on other things, it's tough luck on us, and they may or may not tell pwe what the progress is on this. He isn't using 'weasel words', just trying not to promise things that can't be guaranteed, while informing us of pwe intentions

"they may or may not tell pwe" "not to promise things", really so it "VERY CLEARLY" implies well have it the 30th/31st ..and yet you are already defending him in case it will be months down the road

In fact, implications can be clear. As to statements and implications being opposite, this is not the case at all.
    A statement in this context is used when the person using it has a firm belief that what they are saying is a fact; an implication would be used when the person has intent, but cannot be certain as to a fact.

thanks for changing my wording, completely changing the point, good job there

I am as disappointed as the next person that the DQ system has not been replaced, and the loss of Core Connect has really vexed me. All we can do is make sure that the CM is aware that we are unhappy about this and keep it in view as an issue, but naked anger, and insults whether veiled or explicit, are utterly pointless, and potentially counter productive

nice implications of insults here of your own and completely false

^^replies in color
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    He did give a time frame of some time after the 30th, Mosz.

And while you're busy cherry picking, do note he's already stated things like:
    I don't want to give an exact date/time, since if something goes wrong, you'll have been misled. However, that is the time frame we are shooting for.

He's not trying to be vague and is giving the info he knows. He also doesn't want to be misleading and say things like "Oh we'll totally have it fixed on Monday June 9th at 10:52 AM PST no ifs ands or buts."

Honestly, it seems more like you're being antagonistic for the sake of being antagonistic. Maybe it's just me, but that's how you seem to be coming off right now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    He did give a time frame of some time after the 30th, Mosz.

He's not trying to be vague and is giving the info he knows. He also doesn't want to be misleading and say things like "Oh we'll totally have it fixed on Monday June 9th at 10:52 AM PST no ifs ands or buts."

exactly, the time frame is after the 30th! one person has said this is "very clear info" it is not, it does not give a ending time frame of when we will get it, it could very realistically be 1 day or 1 month- that is not very clear (and after the DQ system timeframe please dont bs me that this is not a valid concern)

on top of that sontzu has stated "This clearly implies the 'next build' will arrive on the 31st of May".. which is obviously what some people choose to accept sparkie's statement as.. but is very far from being a clearly presented piece of information

cherry picking ..complete bs; it is very clear that after readign sparkie's statement some people here assume that they will become permanent immediately ( or even lets say within a day) after they are removed as temporary
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options

It's a bit like saying "I don't trust my mechanic to change my car's oil in the 1 hour he said, because the manufacturer has still not sent me a full set of customised seat covers that I ordered several months ago"

if it took my mechanic 7 months+ to "replace" my engine then i wouldn't trust him to do a simple oil change in a timely manner
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    if it took my mechanic 7 months+ to "replace" my engine then i wouldn't trust him to do a simple oil change in a timely manner

Maybe just calm down a little about it and wait to see what happens? For all we know they will be put in permanent on the maintenance after they are removed as temporary. You have every right to rage if they DO take 7 months but for now, we have to wait and see.

I fully support Sparkie in the way he gives a timeframe, since he is not the one that implements the fixes. In the past, CMs have gotten into trouble by actually giving us dates given to them, only to have the fixes not come through. Who does the community blame then? It isn't fair to get mad at him when for him it is also a "wait and see" issue.

I'm happy at this point that action was taken so soon to at least get things in motion. I think it's time for people to stop worrying about how long it will take and just be happy that they WILL be putting them back, because they easily could have just decided not to bother and just stated that it was intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Maybe just calm down a little about it and wait to see what happens? For all we know they will be put in permanent on the maintenance after they are removed as temporary. You have every right to rage if they DO take 7 months but for now, we have to wait and see.

I fully support Sparkie in the way he gives a timeframe, since he is not the one that implements the fixes. In the past, CMs have gotten into trouble by actually giving us dates given to them, only to have the fixes not come through. Who does the community blame then? It isn't fair to get mad at him when for him it is also a "wait and see" issue.

I'm happy at this point that action was taken so soon to at least get things in motion. I think it's time for people to stop worrying about how long it will take and just be happy that they WILL be putting them back, because they easily could have just decided not to bother and just stated that it was intended.

Quoting for truth.
    I'm thankful they at least did something so fast. Looking back at the history of "fixes" and how fast they happened or how well they were implemented, this came as a surprise to me and although it doesn't work for everyone, they also offered an event gold promotion for now.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Options

i made one single point :the cm's response was not clear information

we have a start point for when silver charms will be perma but no end date: correct or not?

i in no way said it will take 7 months for them to make the silver charms perma

> I think it's time for people to stop worrying about how long it will take and just be happy that they WILL be putting them back,

yes just like DQ points, completely indefinite timeframe?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

we have a start point for when silver charms will be perma but no end date: correct or not?

Permanent should mean no end date.... thus being permanent?

I thought the problem at the moment was that we don't know exactly when they will be put in permanently. For which Sparkie can't give us the exact date because he isn't the one that implements things like that, so he doesn't know. All he can do is relay information that he is given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842