Regarding Refinement Aid and Charms in the Event Gold Shop

Options

Comments

• Mermi - Morai
    Mermi - Morai Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PWI removes charms...to encourage people to buy...charms.
    PWI removes mirages from TT...to encourage to buy mirages.
    PWI removes dragon quest rewards...to encourage people to buy from boutique.
    PWI removes TW rewards...to encourage people to spend more.
    PWI removes coins from delta...to encourage people to spend more for delta.
    PWI removes any actual coin value from lower leveled drops to fix economy.

SIDENOTE before I get started... Even NW isn't fair. Why? Because why is it that I can take down 4 towers....ALONE (as a moderately refined G16 cleric), and then three more people enter the map, and I end up dead last in the placement. Yeah, that's fair.

But on topic... (And I'm going to say this...you're the messenger in this situation, sparkiesoft... so I apologize in advance for the bullets (metaphorically speaking) that you're about to catch from me. They aren't meant for you...unless you're one of the people that supported the charm's removal. The bullets that you're about to catch are meant for the people above you.)

This is definitely one of the most foolish things I've heard. There is a saying... "Don't p*** on my leg and tell me it's raining." Now, I'm telling you that. I recognize that this isn't your fault, so this comment isn't for you. It's for your boss, and I can pretty much safely say that the rest of the PWI playerbase feels the same way.

The ulterior motives of this move are so obvious that even a child can figure it out. PWI wants more money, and more players to spend gold. What will players spend gold on? Things they need.

My question is, what will PWI do when they discourage people from spending gold by becoming so greedy and focused on profit margin and revenue spikes? What will they do when the interest of the consumer wanes? What will they do when the consumer goes to one of hundreds of other games that are PWI's direct competition? What will they do when they uninstall ARC, and go for other games instead...and DON'T look back?

Greed is often responsible for many nails placed in the coffin. The reason why the person/company in the coffin doesn't realize it until its too late...is because they're the ones selling the nails, and are so focused on it, they don't realize that signed their own death certificate. PWI's greed can easily become its downfall. Many players have left, and many new players are turned away from the game. Now you implement methods and stratagems that will deteriorate your player bases interest furthermore. This is due to the hope of a strong SHORT TERM gain, as a pose to increasing the life of a game that hundreds/thousands of people play, and getting a revenue increase over a long term.

To be honest, the strategies that are employed here are so poor that I do not wish to download another PWE game. This is not the attitude that you want for your consumers/playerbase to have. I liked this game so much that I went on to develop one of the most extensive class guides. Now, I'm looking and expecting this game to die slow. More and more, I'm looking at other MMO's. More and more, I expect foolish decisions to be made by this company, and time and time again...it refuses to disappoint. Time and time again, it makes p*** poor decisions involving business, and finance. I realize this, and that's not even my field of study.

For an even more special sidenote: I don't even wear charms regularly. I'm not involved in TW, and your charms don't even help in NW. I'm even more of a one shot to others, since I didn't abuse the +10 orb glitch that many people did. I play a moderately refined cleric, so bypassing a charm tick is easy for people, so I have little need for one there. I use them in PvE when its AFFORDABLE for me to do so. 10-15 mil for a charm is more than it costs me for a +5 orb...so no thanks, I won't be needing it.

I do feel that the token npc is a good idea, and a good coin sink.
    Another good idea....implement the housing feature.
    Another good idea, stop bs'ing your playerbase.

As many before me have said...I'm sure this will be sorted out....

"SOON."

Coming next patch

-Clerics and Mystics will be removed due to client instability.
    -Bloodpaint will be removed due to client instability
    -All HP related buffs/Apoth will have no effect. (This glitch will be sorted "SOON".)
    -HP pots will be removed to benefit the economy.
    -Venomancer pet heal will have no effect. (This glitch will be sorted "SOON".)
    -Psychic bubble of life will have a 49 hour cooldown.
    -Wizard heal will have a 52 hour cooldown with a 5 hour channel and a 6 day cast.

*Charm price sale.*
    *Packs will now have a possible chance of giving Silver Platinum Charms*
    *Venomancer Pet Charm now on Sale!!*
    *HP pots available in Boutique.

Any other fixes....

"SOON".

^This made my day ijs...i came here to trash about this decision that is obviouslly made out of greed. Do u think i will pay 15m for a charm? no sir i would rather just quit PWI and play one of the newer and way better mmo's out there. Have fun making "sales" for a game that has no ppl to play it :) b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Dear Sparkie,

I've realized swearing at the admins for decisions they did not make will get me nowhere.

Sincerely,
    The PWI playerbase
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've stopped doing NW because I used those silver event charms for it. That's the only thing I spent my event gold on.

This will be the effect of that change. It's a pity to force players out of the events for cost reasons.

If you want to make the economy more stable, reduce the gold needed to be a "competitive" player. Having literally everything, from top gear, top shards, war avatars, consumables and high refines as boutique exclusively only keeps hardcore f2p and big cashshoppers attracted. Untill events and game becomes to empty for them and makes them quit as well.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    Having literally everything, from top gear, top shards, war avatars, consumables and high refines as boutique exclusively only keeps hardcore f2p and big cashshoppers attracted. Untill events and game becomes to empty for them and makes them quit as well.

We're already seeing this on probably every server, tbh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Well...i can only say it does seem as if they are makeing every effort to run this game into the ground...

Seriously did we need a CM around if that was there plan ? or was this just a rare PWI reach around ?

I for one will be happy to end my relationship with anything PWI or Arc Crapform related once they let this game die...
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We're already seeing this on probably every server, tbh.

The removal of silver charms from event boutique (even if it's a total picture including the other issues) almost instantly dropped the fun of NW:
    - Interesting maps (when you can actually find one even with a not OP squad) are annoying when dying all the time because charm runs out every 5min.
    - Size of squad dropped instantly because several just don't come anymore because of this.
    - In general, instead of 40~50% map-hoppers/afk alts/multi-taskers, it's now 90% of those.

I don't really need tokens other then the NW buff items, which I only really use for TW and .... NW. I went for fun, but now it became just boring. I'll probably stop going soon too. Will see tonight with the 3~4 ppl of squad that actually still join.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PWI removes charms...to encourage people to buy...charms.
    PWI removes mirages from TT...to encourage to buy mirages.
    PWI removes dragon quest rewards...to encourage people to buy from boutique.
    PWI removes TW rewards...to encourage people to spend more.
    PWI removes coins from delta...to encourage people to spend more for delta.
    PWI removes any actual coin value from lower leveled drops to fix economy.

xsnipx
    Any other fixes....

[/COLOR]
    "SOON".

+10

It looks as tho PWI is trying to run folks off. Have you ever looked at the amount of new players that stay 3 months compared to a couple years ago? You've reduced the new player base and continue to alienate the long term player base. I'm not a "factor" in end game gear, so why should I continue to spend money in game just to be a non-factor? At my level, there's not much in game to do without spending real money because you have made it more difficult with every change you have made.

Is that what you intended to do ? Do I at least get a kiss ?
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I do not think PWI is trying to run folks off. I do however think that they KNOW we will put up with everything they shat on us with. NO body will quit because of it. People will eventually give in and buy the expensive charms.

I also do not think sparkie checks on this. If I was him I'd be hiding in a corner somewhere. The fact that he said they would be back in the next build after the 30th, made some people not buy out the charms and stash them. He effectively ****ed us in the bunghole and do you think he cares? Nope, it's what he is paid for. Had he said, "better buy them up now because PWI didn't have ANYTHING set in stone", a lot of people would not be in this situation.
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sparkie can you please update your original post with the current status of silver and gold charms for the event boutique?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sparkie can you please update your original post with the current status of silver and gold charms for the event boutique?

check bottom of page 15, its obvious why sparkie doesnt want to update the first post
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I do not think PWI is trying to run folks off. I do however think that they KNOW we will put up with everything they shat on us with. NO body will quit because of it. People will eventually give in and buy the expensive charms.

This.

Their recent actions in the boutique shop alone confirms PWE's apparent belief that the tolerance level of their remaining player base is fairly high when it comes to things like this. They know that casuals have probably already abandoned ship leaving only the hardcore players some of whom threaten to quit after stunts like this, but just can't seem to make the leap. b:chuckle
  • Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    THATS how ur gonna fix the economy HOW pathetic. DO these people even play the game? DO THEY KNOW anything ABOUT IT LOL.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't think the people in charge of monitoring the economy have much of a clue about basic economics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't think the people in charge of monitoring the economy have much of a clue about basic economics.

Buy low, sell high?

Supply and demand?

Big word.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    To be honest, I did not trust what he said, and I bought 3 silver charms before they went away. Sadly, I only have 1 remaining.

If only charms stacked in the inventory....

Sidenote: I'm level 101, not 100. I've been 101 three times now. -__- Guess they'll fix this...

SOON.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I'm probably wont joining NW again since I'm out of event silver charm b:surrender

As for plat charm, I can get one in two or three days if I got lucky in farming/merchanting, 4m per day is minimum I can get atm without using auto culti and in lazy mode.

Now if only you have an option to remove the charm and reuse it again later b:surrender

I have to admit that the economy is messed up with high inflation rate, and some of us (including me) points this is the effect of auto-culti massing a large amount of coins into server.

Do you have any idea on how many bot can one person use at a time in server? If u think only two because of PWI policy of two acount max per person, you are dead wrong.

I support some people idea to make a massive coin sink in the game.

Encouraging people to buy more from boutique?
    Thats like another word for "If you don't buy Gold/Zhen, you will not enjoy the game".

Just make this game Pay-to-Play already b:angry
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We haven't had the next big build or have we?
    That's when the "fix" was suppose to come.
    b:surrender
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    We haven't had the next big build or have we?
    That's when the "fix" was suppose to come.
    b:surrender
    His PM pulled the rug out from under him and decided it was intentional now to "help with the in-game economy" and will be put in "once that is more stable". Instead of being a temporary oversight like he was originally told.

Considering that blaming Jolly Jones for high gold prices hasn't fixed anything and it's not back "down to earth", most of us are assuming this to mean that we'll never see them permanently again.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    His PM pulled the rug out from under him and decided it was intentional now to "help with the in-game economy" and will be put in "once that is more stable". Instead of being a temporary oversight like he was originally told.

LOL. Man, I'm so glad I stopped charging long ago. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Will one of the mods edit that page 15 update into the OP in sparkiesoft's absence?
    Leaving such an important update in obscurity among the other posts will not do~
    We need to fan the flames.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Bindor - Heavens Tear
    Bindor - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I hear things about Sparkles "PM" pulling a fast one, but he is the CM, i mean just come back and tell us the truth already, we know what it is.... silver charms aren't coming back to the Event Botique for a long while now (if ever).

I'm more than a little pissed that they think we are so stupid that most of us will just take it lying down. They continually lie to us, over and over. i will say this to the community, if after 2+ years of jerking us off you think they are dumb, they aren't. They know exactly what they are doing, and it shoud **** you off as well.

I mean look at the current incentive, 5 gold for a 200k exp scroll, 25 gold for an event card, just how stupid do you think we are. The people left who are spending gold, don't even need the botique items anymore.

All you have done is cut out your casual players who would have put 10-50$ into the game everytime they wanted something.

Your diehard cash shoppers aren't going to keep spending like crazy for ever.

Like so many others who posted here, i am so glad I haevn't spent a dime on this game in 2 years.

Well done PWE, i suppose when this is all over you can write a book.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    soo many uncharmed people in nw, use to be even people with good (non uber) gear could pose a good fight now when theyre uncharmed they go poof, makes it a lot more boring ;/
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

-breathes-

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If we're gonna lie to the community, could we at least make it convincing?

:3333

No?

Oh ok then.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    From what I've been told, they were removed to help with the in-game economy and that they will be put back in once that is more stable. I've already made my PM aware, so when he gives me more information, I'll let you all know.

If you'd put silver charms for sale somewhere for, say, 3 million a piece... that would create a coinsink that'd cool the economy down a bit. Just removing the supply without creating an alternate for them is not going to fix the issue.

Create coinsinks and the economy will cool down:
    Coins for tokens at 20K a pop.
    Coins for charms.
    Coins for other consumables such as Crab Meat or Herb Junxsomething.
    Coins for stuff you will consume over and over.
    Coins for convenience items (autopotion stone or teleport bell).
    Coins for fashion items, or even the "Random" pigment.

Options a plenty.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The items have always been removed/added through a maintenance. The reason you see them pop-up at times when there is no maintenance, is because they were set to go up sometime during that week, through the maintenance prior. So in other words, yes we need a maintenance to add/remove them.

From what I've been told, they were removed to help with the in-game economy and that they will be put back in once that is more stable. I've already made my PM aware, so when he gives me more information, I'll let you all know.

b:laugh LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLb:chuckle

Sparkie, we both need a kiss then. It's appropriate when this happens. b:laugh

b:bye
  • mattzz#6816
    mattzz#6816 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i think all players should take some brake from game till they fix economy b:pleased b:cute b:bye
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You guys should check this old thread:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1636171

b:shocked is happening, is happening!!!! b:cry b:shocked

the people who posted on that, they were true seers b:shocked
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hmm if pw wanted to go about this sensibly it might have been an idea to leave the charms there but increase the event gold cost for them significantly. I think people may just have reluctantly accepted that and it would also have started nudging them towards platinum charms when these once again become affordable.

And make no mistake- there will be a charm promotion in the near future. I mean in a sense its quite good marketing. Very long period without charm sale- silver event charm removal + uncertainty. The next sale is going to be hugely successful both with players who will want to stock up and also silly merchants that will be imagining reselling for 12-13mil+ a month or so down the line which is most likely not going to happen again! b:chuckle

I'm just curious to know whether the initial changes to event charms/refining aids were actually planned- i.e do we need to start worrying about refining aids being reverted to bound only once again at some point down the line. b:shocked
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Hmm if pw wanted to go about this sensibly it might have been an idea to leave the charms there but increase the event gold cost for them significantly. I think people may just have reluctantly accepted that and it would also have started nudging them towards platinum charms when these once again become affordable.

And make no mistake- there will be a charm promotion in the near future. I mean in a sense its quite good marketing. Very long period without charm sale- silver event charm removal + uncertainty. The next sale is going to be hugely successful both with players who will want to stock up and also silly merchants that will be imagining reselling for 12-13mil+ a month or so down the line which is most likely not going to happen again! b:chuckle

I'm just curious to know whether the initial changes to event charms/refining aids were actually planned- i.e do we need to start worrying about refining aids being reverted to bound only once again at some point down the line. b:shocked

You're just yet another greedy merchant with enough event gold to pay for gold 30g charms! Oh... Wait... :P

Go-go give me 2 weeks to resell my stuff for next Charm sale! 2 billions ready and increasing ^^