Regarding Refinement Aid and Charms in the Event Gold Shop

Options

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks for update~
    I only hope it can be fixed in a short time frame. Most of us here know that receiving fixes from China takes...time... sometimes a lot of time b:sad
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyAlice - Dreamweaver Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    thank you for the update

so I'm curious since theres soo many new items in event shop but only way to get event gold is get lucky at tiger event or when charge rewards are up, is there a new way to get event gold goin to be invented or? xD
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Updating us is a good first step b:thanks

We hope you will do your best to bring those items back for us (and maybe some gold ones as well?)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    so since that was really the only thing being changed this week was event boutique...how did you not notice this before it went live?
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thank you very much for the swift response Sparkie. Having to read though 15 pages of criticism, suggestions, rage, and threats couldn't have been easy D:

I do hope silver charms get re added into the event gold boutique at their old prices. I really had no idea how many players used them. Getting the refining aids to work again on non bound gear would be super.

I do wonder if the prices on the aerogear will be adjusted any, I am happy to see new options in the botique. The 500 event gold fliers would really give me something to work on if/when a replacement dq system comes out : 3.

Oh and when you have time Sparkie, check out this thread if its not too much trouble
    Prices for event gold fliers are all over the place X3

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21551031#post21551031
  • tyshea
    tyshea Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    so basically if you bound your gear because of this "mistake" it's just too bad?
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    tyshea wrote: »
    so basically if you bound your gear because of this "mistake" it's just too bad?

That would be your own fault because you cant wait. Really its just merely a day since it was introduced...experience shows that it is deadly to rush things in this game...especially in such situations.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That would be your own fault because you cant wait. Really its just merely a day since it was introduced...experience shows that it is deadly to rush things in this game...especially in such situations.

+1. Didnt suspect some1 to bind his gear one day after the change was made and people in our forum were talking about it, waiting for a gm response.

Sparkie, virtual flowers to you :). Thanks for looking after it, even if it may take a while and things might change a bit.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    As for Silver Charms, I am still working on the specifics for that. They are however not gone, they are just not in the event boutique at the moment.

b:cry

This really hurts a lot of people, who use charms only from event gold such as myself and many other who either cashed during the promotions of event gold, or got bunch of event gold DQ points, or win a bunch from tiger events.

This will make the game really rough for a while for a lot of players. So please fix this ASAP.

b:surrender
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    (As DemansPsy)
    Omg yes, I don't even care about the silver charms as long as the refinement aids get fixed, nearly finished remaking my nw cube neck and i want to be able +9 that without binding a 1bil+ piece of equipment >.<.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So is the player base getting silver charms and a demon sage event card as compensation for this bumble? xDb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashlynnd
    ashlynnd Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It would be nice to get our Silver Charms back before NW tomorrow night! I really hope it was a mistake.
  • elfentle
    elfentle Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    good job sparkie, keep us up to date
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ashlynnd wrote: »
    It would be nice to get our Silver Charms back before NW tomorrow night! I really hope it was a mistake.

It would be great indeed but it will never happen this fast xD
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    thank you for the update

so I'm curious since theres soo many new items in event shop but only way to get event gold is get lucky at tiger event or when charge rewards are up, is there a new way to get event gold goin to be invented or? xD

Yes, there will be more ways to earn event gold coming pretty soon.

Time wise, we're hoping to have the refine aid fix by the end of this week, early next week. I don't want to give an exact date/time, since if something goes wrong, you'll have been misled. However, that is the time frame we are shooting for.
  • Mikosu - Sanctuary
    Mikosu - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And what about the silver charms from the event boutique?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And what about the silver charms from the event boutique?
    Read the first post very carefully.
    As you may all know, these items can only be used on bound gear, which is a problem. The problem stems from items that aren't officially account bound, but cannot be moved/traded/etc, thus acting like they are account bound. Because of this, you would need to purchase a bind scroll, which makes it pretty redundant.

I've spent the majority of the day trying to figure out what exactly this issue was, and with the help of the mods, we finally figured it out.

So what happened?

We've been pushing for this event gold boutique change for awhile, and because of that some mistakes were made. It just so happens that China used their own template for their version in their game, in our game. What happened was the item codes ended up getting jumbled, resulting in our refine aids being switched out with their refine aids. (item codes that is) Things happen, but China is being extremely helpful in getting this fixed for us.

Mistakes happen, and we've already made them aware. We are fixing it as fast as we can and I will provide you with further updates as I get them. In the meantime, hold off on buying the current refine aids, until they are replaced by the old ones.

As for Silver Charms, I am still working on the specifics for that. They are however not gone, they are just not in the event boutique at the moment.
    Got a clue now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Posting here just to tip my proverbial hat with the others. Well done, Sparkie. We all know your job description is pretty damn limiting, but the best CMs in our history have made that role their own and expanded upon it. Keep up the good work.

We just wish the response time was this good for all the other issues PWI has (china's problems as well as PWE's). That much isn't your fault, but I think your PM and others have a lot to answer for in that regard. :-/

Looking forward to a timely answer on the charms issue (even though I personally believe that everyone blew it way out of proportion).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Mikosu - Sanctuary
    Mikosu - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Read the first post very carefully.

Got a clue now?

No, please spell it out for me. You apparently derived so much more from sparkie's statement. Why don't you break it down for us laymen.

My question was whether or not there is more information. If they are not gone, where are they? Why were they removed in the first place.

Everyone here is satisfied with being teased with "we'll fix it soon". Refinement was only half of the initial concern, and the majority of the concern from that 15 page thread on the event boutique "update" was focused on the removal of silver charms.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Looking forward to a timely answer on the charms issue (even though I personally believe that everyone blew it way out of proportion).

Come back when you've played a character with 20k+ HP and then you will see we're not blowing this out of proportion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'll believe it when I see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Give the guy a break. He's acknowledged the fault, he's apologised for the fault and he's informed us of a hopeful fix for the fault. Even an additional update. I work in customer service i'd say thats fairly good going considering we used to get told ** all. Yeah sure delivering on the fix is part of the overall service but I think he's winning so far on what we have had in the recent past, hell even in the distant past too b:laugh
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Come back when you've played a character with 20k+ HP and then you will see we're not blowing this out of proportion.
    I have an endgame barb with 24k HP, thank you. He goes uncharmed, and the existence of silver charms in the event boutique would not change that. That being said, I'm well aware of how fast a silver charm would die while equipped on him, and while having to replace charms more often would be an annoyance, it's not the end of the damn world.

Interestingly enough, I seem to remember you dismissing an issue that I cared about not too long ago. Funny how these things are all relative, isn't it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ... just saying, a bronze HP charm would literally last me at most 5 minutes in TW (judging from my typical plat charm use of ~1 per hour) as a 20k hp archer. In reality, it'd likely be closer to 1 every 2 minutes, for about half the time -- and those 1 per 2 minute times would be in the middle of the worst fighting. That's more than a "minor annoyance," especially since they don't stack.

And no, going charmless is not a viable option in endgame TW.

As for sparkie: thanks for keeping us updated. We (some of us, at least) have learned to respect how difficult your position can be over the years. It all comes down to how well informed we feel.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have an endgame barb with 24k HP

... okay then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Bloom - Heavens Tear
    Bloom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ok my archer has 20K HP, my barb has 35K HP, do I meet your qualification rules to be allowed an opinion? b:laugh

Miug's right, I mean there's so many examples of stuff being taken away I can't even remember half of them but like,
    • * I worked my butt off to get a TT100 xbow, which then became obselete;
    • * Others worked (or paid) their butt off to get r8 which then became super cheap then obsolete;
    • * Others worked their butt off doing DQs to get the shiney horse, which suddenly became super cheap;
    • * I used to really enjoy grinding for cardboss cards as a way to make rings+chi stones, they got taken away;
    • * Lots of people were/still are mad over the removal of fairy boxes/free mirages from TT;
    • * Removal of MOGs from DQ rewards, right when people had saved up 100,000+ trying to get R9;
    • * Removal of DQ system generally;
    • * We lost other things like the meridian pill daily;
    • * We had other changes forced on us like the SoT+Ab changes, full WS changes.

I don't like them making changes anymore than you do, but really, if you're going to get your nose that out of joint every time they take away something that you liked, how are you still here playing PW? I mean compared to other stuff that's been removed or screwed up (free 10* fiasco?) this isn't even a blip on the radar.

Anyway that's not the point, Sparkie's already given a good response on it and its being dealt with, just have some patience and be happy its being rectified.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yes, there will be more ways to earn event gold coming pretty soon.

Will this event gold be obtainable without spending real money?
    Will it be via an event?
    Or will it be farmable?
    NGTUy53.png

• pachwenko
    pachwenko Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have a ton of event gold and usually eat 150 event gold a week just for the charms (if I even care to play anymore)

Been looking for a good reason to not even go the few things even worth doing in this game and this is the icing on the cake! Not going to spend real money for 2 hours of enjoyment i could find many more things worth my money and time b:bye Maybe my wife will find a good use for my 34k hp pure strength barb with 37k physical attack untill I run out of meaningfull things to do like sleeping.. lol glad some people still enjoy this game hope it gets better