Event Boutique Update

Comments

• profit
    profit Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    so guess we all will be looking for something to do soon because as u say they dont care about us ---- been playing since day 1 and now this just throw more mud in our face,,, is this your way of fixing dq pt just raise prices take out any thing we may buy and put in stupid sht ,,, so asking for post for our opinion on what to do is a waste of time u dont listen to us just do what u want ,,, I WILL SAY THIS YOU WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER GET ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME IN YOUR CASH SHOP I HOPE MORE WILL FOLLOW THAT PATH SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT WHEN YOU DONT GET PAID .

HAVE A NICE DAY WE WONT
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im actually more annoyed by the change of the refining aids than by the charm change (although i hate this as well cause even on lowbies you easily spend one charm per NW, even when you get one-hit most of the time. Even more with endgame gear if you do TW or NW often)

I know the refining aids were abused. If you can call it abusing at all. There is a reason the stones are untradeable, but when people selling refine service with those tishas instead of selling the aids directly, theres hardly a difference - as long as people are willing to trust others.
    Although I think theres nothing wrong with selling refine sercives, i can see why PWE or Wanmei (whoever made the decision) might have a problem with that.

But seriously, most people used those event tishas to refine their gear up to +7, what is already hard enough if you have bad luck. If its only usable on bound items, ALL people with unbound gear, even if its not tradeable, are screwed. The only things worth to bind are super rare items like CoM or tomes if you pk a lot. Even then, most people use dolls anyways. Or gear like Nirvana TT or capes, but most people dont use them anymore since Lunar is tradeable = cheaper.

They could AT LEAST make the refining aids work on everything that is untradeable, not only bound gear.

This is not even to get more money, every idiot would see they will be loosing money. There are reasons why people refused to spend cash on this game for the last months and this was always because of great mistakes made by Wanmei or in some cases, the GMs here themselves. People are willing to pay for it, usually the same people willing to pay for it since years. Many new players as well if they would just STOP to ruin the game. Or at least stop making promises and later ignoring them (10 gold issue on Morai).

I really get the feeling they want the game to die so they can work on newer ones without being responsibel for the older ones as well.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Okay, look. As long as you have bronze charms you'll be fine. Are they somewhat less efficient price-wise? Yes. Is it the end of god damn world? No.

Personally I don't even go charmed full-time, a) because it creates dependence, but also b) it's never been sustainable for me. I have 200-ish event gold at the moment, most of which came from lucky days in the tiger event. If I even considered charming myself for weekly NW that gold would be gone in a week or two. I struggle to consider how much DQ farming would've had to be done by an endgame barb to keep up with serious PVP expenses, even when DQ points were still active.

Is it fair? No. No, it isn't. Charms have never been fair. From day one they were a tool of the pay-to-win philosophy. If charms were fair, you would get a free (or reasonably-purchasable by way of coin) Platinum HP and MP charm immediately on entry to NW which expired in 2 hours, and similar functionality in TW. But that would only happen in a truly F2P version of this game. If you do serious PVP, you are and have always been at the mercy of the CS. (Personally this is why I advocate NOT doing serious PVP, but people seem to treat that as a cardinal sin, so... >_>)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Okay, look. As long as you have bronze charms you'll be fine. Are they somewhat less efficient price-wise? Yes. Is it the end of god damn world? No.
    It's not because they are less efficient price-wise, but for endgame char it's enough for few cooldowns only. You will have to spam them every minute in a tough fight. Not speaking how uncomfortable it is, sometimes you simply can't do it if stunned.
    In pve it's not the end of the world, in pvp I wouldn't risk it, it expires in few minutes in the moment when you can't replace.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • DbaII - Sanctuary
    DbaII - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Worst thing about this is the "Bait and Switch" tactic. Some of us have built up or saved up Demon/Sage cards over time as rewards from buying Zen with the intent of using this event gold to fund charm cost in the future. I don't need flyers or any other misc trinkets. I got these cards specifically to buy charms. Had charms not been in the event boutique, I never would have subscribed to their sale.

Same goes with the Charge Rewards wipe that happened several months back. I saved up over 120,000 charge rewards through purchasing to benefit from it in the future... and then one day I log into the PWI website to find out... its ALL gone. That was a terrible day, very terrible.

For the removal of charms from the event boutique, I feel very misled.
    For the charge reward wipe, I feel robbed.

Bad business practices IMO.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please remember, that Perfect World is NOT the newest game on the block, nor is it the only game that people have installed on their computers. You cannot afford to make gargantuan mistakes like that, and fail miserably at the communication aspect.

Pretty much.

The population has already decreased a lot compared to what it was just an year ago and can't even compare to a few years ago, yet they keep making these mistakes even after repeatedly receiving feedback from the playerbase. I understand they highly depend on Wanmei/PWCN but that's still no excuse for not trying to make things better for us.

I'm still going to stick around but I lost my "passion" for the game a while ago and this recent update/change completely turned me off. Well, I'll adapt and manage with the Bronze Charms but it was still a horrible move, even moreso because they didn't announce it beforehand. That's one more reason for casual CSers (and/or good farmers/merchants) to avoid PvP and one more reason for CSers to be bored because they don't have people to play with

Heck, people even asked for Gold Charms to be added to the Event Boutique while at the same time introducing a new type of HP/MP Charms because Platinums just don't cut it for some anymore (For example, Barbarians..).

I'm honestly not agitated though. I think what I feel mostly is..sadness for seeing where this game is going and awed at the numerous wrong decisions the upper PWI/PWE management has taken, especially during the last few months starting with the "orb fiasco" thing.

I also feel bad for Mr.Soft and the GM crew who are going to have to deal with this and take all the blame because their higher ups messed up once again!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Charge Rewards have always been stated in the news post that they are wiped at the end of the promotion. That much was your own fault for not reading.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Calling Charms as they were only a p2w crutch is ridiculous, I did quite fine getting myself DQ points and being charmed at all times in nation wars even before the auto-cultivation, thank you very much!

This is seriously one of the BS changes I have ever seen this game implement. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Nobody is going to suddenly start spending tons and tons of money on silver charms in the boutique, if I wanted to spend as much as I'm using I'd of bought the platinum in the first place. They are more convenient. Combined with low token price, this makes Nation Wars completely non-profitable and not worth doing for the person who wanted to casually PVP.

Which if anything, you guys should be doing more to promote so that people will cash up and join the big leagues so to speak, once they see how fun it is.

This change in addition to making nation wars nonprofitable,makes event gold completely pointless for many people. Do you know how hard it is to get event gold, especially now? If you wanted a damn cap on how much people could get, you achieved that when you removed DQ rewards from being able to be auto-cultivated. This is just spiteful.

Another thing this completely destroyed was devaluing the hard earned gear of many, many, people. Lunar gear isn't exactly cheap, and we still had to buy d.orbs to +10 it anyway. Making it so we can refine with the same affordability as TT gear, without destroying the entire reason to use the much harder to farm gear in the first place is disgusting.

I'm extremely disgusted by the change. And the fact that China didn't consider this worth a patch note just tells me what they think of our collective intelligence. Obviously they think we're dumb. Maybe we are for putting up with this time and time again. And no, bronze charms are not good enough. Silver is the barest minimum needed to have any realistic usage in a large fight. Changing charms is a PITA in the middle of a big battle, and bronze are not accommodating of people's HP past like level 80. Let alone someone decked out in endgame gear.

So furious right now, I don't even.

If the point of this change was to kill off nation wars, devalue gear, devalue effort, make everyone mad, and alienate a large portion of the playerbase; then you really gotta give a round of applause to China. I didn't think there was much left to take from this game for the f2p crowd. But they sure did find a way.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Charge Rewards have always been stated in the news post that they are wiped at the end of the promotion. That much was your own fault for not reading.

Actually it wasnt. It wasnt till a few before the wipe the language was there. I spent half my point before then cause of said language. but when they were still there next charge and one after i was like oh they must not be super serial. I was wrong.

This update blows. I bet they are going to say the minor bug fix was the boutique change b:surrender
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's not because they are less efficient price-wise, but for endgame char it's enough for few cooldowns only. You will have to spam them every minute in a tough fight. Not speaking how uncomfortable it is, sometimes you simply can't do it if stunned.
    In pve it's not the end of the world, in pvp I wouldn't risk it, it expires in few minutes in the moment when you can't replace.
    So functionally speaking, you're equipping charms 3.5x as often. Fair enough. I understand how it's a nuisance, and I'm not saying I agree with their removal. I am saying that people are blowing it way out of proportion. The refining aids thing is far more worthy of our contempt.
    Pretty much.

The population has already decreased a lot compared to what it was just an year ago and can't even compare to a few years ago, yet they keep making these mistakes even after repeatedly receiving feedback from the playerbase. I understand they highly depend on Wanmei/PWCN but that's still no excuse for not trying to make things better for us.

I'm still going to stick around but I lost my "passion" for the game a while ago and this recent update/change completely turned me off. Well, I'll adapt and manage with the Bronze Charms but it was still a horrible move, even moreso because they didn't announce it beforehand. That's one more reason for casual CSers (and/or good farmers/merchants) to avoid PvP and one more reason for CSers to be bored because they don't have people to play with

Heck, people even asked for Gold Charms to be added to the Event Boutique while at the same time introducing a new type of HP/MP Charms because Platinums just don't cut it for some anymore (For example, Barbarians..).

I'm honestly not agitated though. I think what I feel mostly is..sadness for seeing where this game is going and awed at the numerous wrong decisions the upper PWI/PWE management has taken, especially during the last few months starting with the "orb fiasco" thing.

I also feel bad for Mr.Soft and the GM crew who are going to have to deal with this and take all the blame because their higher ups messed up once again!
    Quoting this in full because it's a much better way of phrasing the problem than that of many others in this thread. :)

Sparkie and his predecessors have always been the bottleneck between the problems that we face and actual resolution to them (with v4liance being the standout exception, but even he could only do so much). It's the nature of his job. I think what needs to happen is that a few long-standing members of the community get together, decide on a list of priority issues that need addressing, and then (as a group) tell Sparkie that his superiors - not he - need to respond to them directly. We've had silence from them for 5+ years. Until that changes, nothing's going to be fixed on PWE's side.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Merging my comment in another thread into the main one:
    Zenzell wrote:
    Maybe this is a cash grab to make up for the fact that their stocks just hardcore crashed: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...overnight.html

Good to see that bad decisions actually do get punished, if extremely slowly.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I finally see what you meant by devaluing gear. Event refinement was my one way of having somewhat decent alts gear. Refining to +3~+5. Now i can only use them on my bm, who is refined already, and won't use tisha or tienkangs again b:shocked.

All the bad moves about pwi aside, I want to know how to farm points to use event gold. Previously hitting a 50 event gold used to be a major thing. Now there is an item introduced that is 500 event gold, that means the new way of farming event gold better be quicker than farming dq items of past.

Everyone will be out for your blood sparkie b:cute, stay safe, this change will stick with you. Lots of endgame pvper who cash shop, used the free charms for their pvp endeavours. Lots of non cash shop players used the charms. Shafting both your paying members and non paying members, will be a test for you.
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So functionally speaking, you're equipping charms 3.5x as often. Fair enough. I understand how it's a nuisance, and I'm not saying I agree with their removal. I am saying that people are blowing it way out of proportion. The refining aids thing is far more worthy of our contempt.

Quoting this in full because it's a much better way of phrasing the problem than that of many others in this thread. :)

Sparkie and his predecessors have always been the bottleneck between the problems that we face and actual resolution to them (with v4liance being the standout exception, but even he could only do so much). It's the nature of his job. I think what needs to happen is that a few long-standing members of the community get together, decide on a list of priority issues that need addressing, and then (as a group) tell Sparkie that his superiors - not he - need to respond to them directly. We've had silence from them for 5+ years. Until that changes, nothing's going to be fixed on PWE's side.

Refining aids got moved, and their prices got lowered, that was clarified early on in the thread. I've been in NW fights where I've gone through 2 silvers, so this charm thing, you say we're blowing "way out of proportion" is honestly not. I have about 25k hp fully buffed, I run with casters who have 20k fully buffed. That's not even scratching HA classes who get close to 30k fully buffed at end game. When that 100k charm could last 5 minutes or less, depending on who you're up against in an NW fight. Or 1 push in a TW. Yeah its not out of proportion.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014

Another thing this completely destroyed was devaluing the hard earned gear of many, many, people. Lunar gear isn't exactly cheap, and we still had to buy d.orbs to +10 it anyway. Making it so we can refine with the same affordability as TT gear, without destroying the entire reason to use the much harder to farm gear in the first place is disgusting.

I'm extremely disgusted by the change. And the fact that China didn't consider this worth a patch note just tells me what they think of our collective intelligence. Obviously they think we're dumb. Maybe we are for putting up with this time and time again. And no, bronze charms are not good enough. Silver is the barest minimum needed to have any realistic usage in a large fight. Changing charms is a PITA in the middle of a big battle, and bronze are not accommodating of people's HP past like level 80. Let alone someone decked out in endgame gear.

Ahh yes you're right about the gear :/ plenty of people went for the Lunar path so they could share the gear with multiple alts/characters and now whoever wants to make that gear will either have to change for TT if they want to get the +7 refines (that's not even 100% free since it requires Mirages anyway) or..buy orbs. I'd have been pretty angry if I had just made my Lunar gear and was about to refine..
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm interested in why they removed silver but kept bronze charms. A silver wasn't THAT much more cost effective than buying multiple bronze charms.

It was a change that went under the radar and wasn't even consistent. This is absolute ****. I'm not gonna sit here and pay for plats when I have event gold out the ***, there are literally four useful items in the event boutique. Silver HP, Silver MP charms, Tisha stones, and Tienkang Stones. Two of those were removed without any kind of warning so now people are forced to use Bronze (Ha, let's see how long that 100k lasts on 20, 25, 30, and even 60k HP in group PvP, TW, or eve 1v1). Having to swap charms THAT often in PvP could very well mean a death sentence or make you miss out on important hits, but it's either that or be good little boys and girls and buy from the boutique! You know what was keeping charm prices in check? Event gold. With this change that could change depending on how willing people are to use bronze charms. Personally, I'll be TRYING to but with 26k HP they'll last me all of 10 minutes.

As horrible as this change was, as bad as having to deal with charms that will last less time than a goldfish's interest in a penny, what's worse is the fact that there was absolutely zero communication. This is a MASSIVE change that affects everyone who uses event gold, which is.. you know.. everyone. Those of us that depend on it in order to save money and not have to waste it all on the absurdly priced Platinums we now have are taking a massive hit.

I'm really hoping something can be done about this, either bring them back or replace them with golds or something that doesn't force everyone to put up with Bronze Charms or buy Platinums.

I swear this game is just trying to see how many nails it can put in its own coffin before you people finally realize how **** it is and leave. If this keeps happening even my reason for staying around won't be enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They forgot to take out ref aides also, better stack up, next maintenance they will do it...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I was thinking about coming back, since I was getting more free time again. However, seeing that PW does nothing to improve the gameplay, but the opposite, I think I will steer clear off PW forever.

gg.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    I'm not gonna sit here and pay for plats when I have event gold out the ***, there are literally four useful items in the event boutique. Silver HP, Silver MP charms, Tisha stones, and Tienkang Stones.

And teleport stones.. b:avoid
    Don't forget us people with addiction...at least those are safe b:laugh
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    let us wait for an official response *tumbleweeds*
    -removed-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014

Perhaps it's time to pick our pitchforks and torches and pay them a visit.

Joking aside, it does make me wonder what exactly they do to take these decisions...granted a part of it is highly influenced by Wanmei/PWCN itself and we don't know how things exactly work between them.
  • Steellust - Sanctuary
    Steellust - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Removing these charms is a bad move for the game. Looking forward to more empty NW fights...
    Way to go PWI!
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    And teleport stones.. b:avoid
    Don't forget us people with addiction...at least those are safe b:laugh

Don't give them ideas. I like being able to walk right up to a teleport master, look her in the eyes, then teleport from West Arch to North. If they take that away I just don't think I can play this game under any circumstance. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Joking aside, it does make me wonder what exactly they do to take these decisions...granted a part of it is highly influenced by Wanmei/PWCN itself and we don't know how things exactly work between them.

only to a point. We have a completely different version. 105 cap instead of 150.
    etc etc etc

they (US side) change things just for our version fairly fast so i assume china isnt involved. so to say they have no choice is not completely true. What gets them to make changes for us *shrugs * some stuff they get right on other stuff they ignore.

TW always seems to get the changes if there is something we really really dont like

Val got sht done. wish he was here still. b:cry
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2014

PWCN servers are all PvP, hence why a lot of things on our end may not work due to us having PvE servers. Stuff like the veno instance not working without the player being in PK mode. I can see why the silver charms might have hurt their sales/profits on charm sales. I get PWI is a business, and they're out to make money but it comes down to them continuously doing things like this. Just serious BS at the end of the day. Even if your player base may not being buying to the extent you want them to; doesn't mean you can force them to do so either. There's so little of a new player base influx to PWI, you **** over you players, you have less. This whole thing especially to a guy like me, a weekend warrior. I don't have all the time in the world to farm up enough coin for 3 Plat charms for a weekend, nor sometimes will I have the coin to afford said charms if they jump in price to 15-20m a piece. They're already at 10~12m, I only see them going up at this point; just due to demand.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    only to a point. We have a completely different version. 105 cap instead of 150.
    etc etc etc

they (US side) change things just for our version. so to say they have no choice is not completely true. What gets them to make changes for us *shrugs * some stuff they get right on other stuff they ignore.

Val got sht done. wish he was here still. b:cry

To be fair, there's never really been a change involving items already in game. The best we got was the DQ point system which sent us items, but I imagine that's a lot easier for the people on our version to do than actually changing something like the event boutique.

Sigh. I want my Silver Charms back man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Bloom - Heavens Tear
    Bloom - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why all the QQing over items in the event boutique anymore - I mean, with DQ rewards gone, how do people even -get- event gold, aside from tiny amounts if you get lucky at tigers event? If you can't get event gold, who cares what they add/remove to the event boutique, its just not even relevant.

Refining aids only work on bound gear, so what? 95% of my stuff is bound anyway. Make your s3 stuff from TT not lunar. If it's something else (s3r9, cube neck, etc etc) then it only costs a $0.50 binding charm if the ability to use ref aids from the event boutique means so much to you (I've bound my cube necks for that very reason before, so I could use the freebie ref aids that you get from reincarnating).

It is tho I must say a poor show that they never tell us what's going on, why do we never get nice comprehensive patch notes that include everything? I mean it must be because PWI staff either a) can't be bothered, b) are too busy, c) have no idea what's changed, or d) are ashamed to admit what's changed. I have no idea which of those is the truth :)
    I've been in NW fights where I've gone through 2 silvers, so this charm thing, you say we're blowing "way out of proportion" is honestly not.
    Well again, where are you getting the event gold from to buy the silvers? Do you even consider that many of us have to do NW uncharmed because we don't have event gold? You know how hard it is to try to win 1v1 when your opponent is charmed but you're not? Sorry but being on the other side of the fence, I find it hard to have any sympathy for this. Less free charms just levels the playing field a bit more, from my point of view that's a good thing.
  • Temptatious - Sanctuary
    Temptatious - Sanctuary Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Release the nerd rage D=

But really, I came here to be reassured that I wasn't the only one on the edge over the changes. Thank you all for not letting me down. That being said, I'll never hesitate to say that I'm a cash shopper so but regardless the event boutique has always been a greatly appreciated supplement, to both areas that have been negatively impacted in particular.

The charms are irritating, although we can still use bronze (yay, I've always wanted to equip a charm every 10 minutes) so it's not a total knee to the crotch, more of an intentional grazing.

However, the refine aids is a full on punt to the cajones. Ignoring the angry refine service merchants, let's take this into play : Lunar gear! I'm working on a full G16 lunar set and guess what...now I have nothing to refine with! Sure, there was a refine aid sale a couple weeks ago, but since I have over a thousand event gold, I was like hey, I'll just refine it on my psychic and save myself some cash. WITH this event gold we can't even refine TT gear before it's equipped already.

Changes seems horrendously unevaluated in my place (that or they just honestly don't care about how gameplay actually is and think it's hilarious to find us this upset). Not enough energy to find a new game, but certainly enough to block spending on all accounts :)
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wow whats the point of removing silver charms, but leaving bronze ones?

do you want us to fill up our inventories with charms?

this is stupid\pointless

remove them at all, or leave silvers lol

to remove just silvers, but keep bronze ones its just stupid stupid stupid

bring them silver charms back... ._. or remove bronze ones aswell

who in palo alto offices is taking care of pwi title should really get his sh.t together, listen to his customers and fix things like bugs or gameplay unbalance, instead of just waking up a morning and stay: oh allright lets remove this from shop and put that. job done.

i would fire that employee in his place
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

It's not just having to click a charm more often or even the cost efficiency between both event gold options from before. You need way more inventory space since charms don't stack. Charm-change in a group pvp often means death, because you miss a (complete) charm tick, got the "do you want to proceed" message and especially since you can't equip a new one when stunned.

With today's gear and stuff, 1 bronze hp charm won't even be enough for me (a psychic) to bring in a flag on a decent battle. When I run into a stronger squad, I'd burn through a bronze charm like 2 minutes (5 to 8 ticks). I'd need to play with inventory open and keep it filled with charms or open-buy-close event boutique all the time during TW/NW. Imagine a barb. I know some already used platinum for bigger TWs since then silver charms just don't last long enough (can't reequip while in tiger form).

The charm issue is to scr*w the ones who pvp and who got good gear already. The refining aids is to scr*w those who still need to work on gear. Both changes are stupid, but the last doesn't concern that many on the forums. Both are very bad news : 1st will kill pvp events, 2nd is a sign to leave to all who aren't "end game".
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    PWCN servers are all PvP, hence why a lot of things on our end may not work due to us having PvE servers. Stuff like the veno instance not working without the player being in PK mode. I can see why the silver charms might have hurt their sales/profits on charm sales. I get PWI is a business, and they're out to make money but it comes down to them continuously doing things like this. Just serious BS at the end of the day. Even if your player base may not being buying to the extent you want them to; doesn't mean you can force them to do so either. There's so little of a new player base influx to PWI, that something like this especially to a guy like me, a weekend warrior. I don't have all the time in the world to farm up enough coin for 3 Plat charms for a weekend, nor sometimes will I have the coin to afford said charms if they jump in price to 15-20m a piece. They're already at 10~12m, I only see them going up at this point; just due to demand.

I'm aware of that. I did know about the incoming refine aids change (some patch notes someone posted here long time ago) though I wasn't sure if the charm change was also from their end but I guess it may very well be. I guess the staff don't even check what's in the patches they reveive from Wanmei? Eh.

There are way too many new MMOs and just really cool new games in general out there that they really shouldn't be making such decisions. Frankly, I've already got a list of things I want to play this summer and PWI is not on the list but I will continue to play casually* because I still have friends here and I like doing stuff with them (unless they mass ragequit after this :S)

*I guess that's a contradiction XD
This discussion has been closed.