Event Boutique Update

Comments

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    If this is a real thing and not an unintended bug, then it will just be one more proof that they totally don't care about the opinion of their players base.

If they don't fix it asap, we'll have not only boring TW but also boring NW b:sad
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I had 240-300 event gold as reserve (months of grinding process), now (THANK YOU PWI !) it is wasted.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014

+10000

Not only that but you gave us no warning what-so-ever, so no one could even stock up on them!
    I won't be able to afford to casually PvP now, I burn through silver charms like no tomorrow in 1v1s and group PK, the removal of these charms equals the removal of most of my fun. Thanks PWI :/.

thats what sparkie calls "minor changes" that are not worth any patch notes...this is so...well the additions are nice and the cheaper Tisha and tienkang are as well but...seriously...they wanna milk more money with charms as it seems (:
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Although I usually try to say "whatever" I'm really bothered by this change. Event gold is one of the few things left that helps the non CS people. I've nothing against CSers really but..this is pretty ridiculous >.> removing silver charms..really? those were already bad for classes with lots of HP like Barbarians (not even Platinum charms last long enough for catabarbs!).

Also, the refine aids were moved to a different tab and they can only be used on bound gear now (should have seen that coming though, it was changed in PWCN a while ago).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nice a mod combined the threads
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    A mod who's... not very happy about the lack of silver charms, There better be golds replacing them next week. Bronze are damn near useless past like... level 80ish for many without even talking about endgame.

That and the refine aids being for only bound gear now is... well... completely stupid. It's a completely different item than the one we had. They could have let us keep that much for ourselves. Or did they not figure it out from when we had to deal with the orbs they removed from the event boutique way back?

I mean, I like them adding new things as much as the next guy, but don't remove the stuff that's useful too.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Although I usually try to say "whatever" I'm really bothered by this change. Event gold is one of the few things left that helps the non CS people. I've nothing against CSers really but..this is pretty ridiculous >.> removing silver charms..really? those were already bad for classes with lots of HP like Barbarians (not even Platinum charms last long enough for catabarbs!).

Also, the refine aids were moved to a different tab and they can only be used on bound gear now (should have seen that coming though, it was changed in PWCN a while ago).

WTF...you are right...on bound gears only...seriously...now that is a straight scam. Eliminating possibilities to achieve things for free or at least cheaper which still only have been luck dependend and thus making unbound gears useless for twinks (at least for me).

This will result in a huge wave of additional players leaving and this makes event golds practically worthless. I always sided with PWE but this..r.eally **** you guys!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for cleaning the thread Opkossi.

That said, this change will make TW and NW a cashshopper only ground. "Free to play" has truly become pay to win. Will see where it goes, but I'm going to hunt for another game to play. This change and trend (which started with the DQ system going out without a replacement, followed up by that annoying popup at low health and now this) will lead to a sharp decline in the population, especially among the casual, non-cashing players. When they go, the cashers lose their competative edge over the majority of the population. Which discourages further spending.

For myself it has the following effects:
    - My BM and cleric main characters will never wear charms, unless I get lucky on Lucidgold. They will therefor never participate in active PvP since they will not stand a chance there. This excludes me as a player from TW, NW (well, can still farm tokens in NW from hopping or just idling with selfbuffs in a base but that doesn't create fun for others) and any other PvP related events. I will also not be able to "go white" (disable PvP protection) because forced PvP by bored cashers will just end up getting you killed.
    - The Lunar light armor set I was gathering will be stopped - I'll bind the 2 pieces I have once they go G16, and use TT gear for the rest. Since lunar gear is unbound, you can't use the tienkangs from the eventshop to upgrade them. Lunar gear will likely become worthless now since it's impossible to refine.

I was considering to spend some money and give my cler the R9 boost, but after this... I'm first going to wait and see how this change affects the community. I doubt it will be good.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • syphonfilter
    syphonfilter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    A mod who's... not very happy about the lack of silver charms, There better be golds replacing them next week. Bronze are damn near useless past like... level 80ish for many without even talking about endgame.

That and the refine aids being for only bound gear now is... well... completely stupid. It's a completely different item than the one we had. They could have let us keep that much for ourselves. Or did they not figure it out from when we had to deal with the orbs they removed from the event boutique way back?

I mean, I like them adding new things as much as the next guy, but don't remove the stuff that's useful too.

+1
    and im sure othersb:surrender agree
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If something is not broken, they should not bloody try and fix it. All they have done so far is take steps backward instead of forward in making the game more enjoyable.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So...here goes:
    *rages and so on non-constructively for about half an hour about pwi's stupidity*

With that out of the way, here's some thoughts as to why we're all in flames about these changes:
    -Nothing in patchnotes
    -Removal of the most useful Event Gold item
    -No new DQ-replacement yet already changing the EventGold Boutique

A proper order would be that PWI Announces they are going to make changes in the Event Gold Boutique, then not doing it untill they've made a new DQ Rewards system so we players actually have an income for Event Gold (Tiger's event? Yeah right. People farm up those spice items and then make deals with the top tiered of their class who uses them this week, it's a complete joke) and after changing the Boutique, NOT removing the Silver Charms.
  • trands
    edited May 2014

Without event gold, NW will just be 1 squad and 3 randoms that actually fight on each nation. No more survivability for the more casual players. Less smaller factions mixing in TW. Many quitting any form of pvp, probably some the whole game. Things will be so dead...

I, and I think most, wanted an upgrade of the dq system and event boutique. Gold charms added instead of silver being taken out. This is such a horrible move.

Next week : charm sale. Maybe if everyone refuses to buy, they might get the message b:angry
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014

no charm for kossy b:pleased because your a kossy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Really annoyed about the Silver Charms getting the axe.
    Seriously questioning the logic.
    They were a good size for being charmed in NW without having much leftover (I hate being charmed during the week).

Adding new stuff is great, but removing things for no logical reason just sours the whole bag of milk.

PWI, we know you're desperate for our cash, but please, this is really embarrassing.
    Maybe if you stopped thumb-**** our experience with so much cash-grabbing and concentrated on actually making =playing= the game more enjoyable, we might actually -want- to spend money here again.

Please PWI, stop kicking us in the teeth, bring back the Silver Charms.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Removing the charms from the event boutique is the biggest **** move PWI has ever done.
    Just goes to show that the game is on it's way out. They are getting to petty that they are trying to make us buy charms now. Trying to scrape every little penny they can from the players before they close shop and run for the hills like cowards.

They never have the balls to really tell us what is going to happen. If sparkie says he didn't know that charms were going to be remove, I call BS on it right now. He knows, always has, that's why he didn't say anything. Minor fixes? How is driving away players from the game a minor fix?
    They can't give us any updates on the new reward system and they WONT get give any updates when they decide to **** the one we currently still have.
    It is sad when they put more effort into a stupid "maintenance" question rather then actually telling us what is going to happen.

I am sitting on 1800 Event gold. WTF am I supposed to do with it now? You should be embarrassed and ashamed.

Freaking idiots!
    NGTUy53.png

• Joe - Morai
    edited May 2014
    It really is obvious why they did this but it is really disturbing to think about what kind of marketing education the one person responsible for this mess got.

Even most of the heavy CSers I know did rely on those free silver charms. This change will influence the PvP situation even more in a negative way. If the CSers dont have any competition (and although I'm no CSer I still have farmed quite good gears and I'm in the same boat) they will leave and stop spending money. How could this be so clear to the majority of the community but yet invisible for the ones being payed to make decisions like that? I dont get it.

We will forgive you, PWE. Ya we will. Under one circumstance:

Plat Charms for 25 Event Golds. NOW! Emergency Maint here goes cuz the new Event Boutique causes client instability (both player and elementclient^^).
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    foley3k wrote: »
    It is sad when they put more effort into a stupid "maintenance" question rather then actually telling us what is going to happen.

What is your last wish ?
    "So then..." the genie asks, "what will you wish for?"
  • magoozla
    magoozla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Do you think that Im going to spend real money to get charms now that you have taken away my only source of free in game ones? Well your wrong we got bend over and shafted already now just bend us over some more good ole PWI thanks hey !!!!!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    foley3k wrote: »
    If sparkie says he didn't know that charms were going to be remove, I call BS on it right now. He knows, always has, that's why he didn't say anything.

Actually, he didn't. I intend to ask him to try and have his bosses do something about this as soon as I can get in touch with him.

Edit: Just saying this in advance everyone. Pissed as we may be, keep it relatively civil. If you wanna keep your pitchforks and torches on standby that's fine, but make sure you do it in a manner that doesn't break any rules here.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Actually, he didn't. I intend to ask him to try and have his bosses do something about this as soon as I can get in touch with him.

Thank you because I woke up updated and nearly removed the damn game instantly. THIS CANNOT BE CHANGED. Its too integral to our daily gaming in PWI. This is a change I just cannot accept.
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Joe - Morai
    edited May 2014

Thanks so much Kossy, at least we could always rely on you (: as a community I mean!

Give that man a medal!
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Kossy, given sparkie didn't feel this weeks changes warranted patch notes *bites tongue to not go on a rant about how many of levels of wrong that decision was* where can we get an answer from PWI in relation to what the heck they are doing with the game? They remove the actually useful items in the event boutique, insert ridiculously overpriced flyers and they still haven't released a new way to earn Event gold. This is an utter joke of the non funny variety b:angry

I for one am getting real tired of feeling like PWI is just bleeding it's customer base. Sure the p2p players are needed in game but pwi seems to have lost sight of the fact that the F2Pers are the ones that know the game, build the guides and keep the community alive, 1 side of the player base cannot survive without the other cashers will leave when f2pers do because they won't have any goods to spend their shiny coin on.

So my questions :

Is PWI attempting to kill this game so they can move on to other shinier projects?
    If no : why do pwi keep inserting half assed updates that cause massive lag and rob the player base of features we all relied heavily on?

Whilst granted the weekly game of find what PWI broke this week can be entertaining after over 4 years of it it's getting very grating.

I expect to see a statement from Sparkie on this issue as it's a massive kick in the teeth to the player base yet again. If there is no statement I'll be questioning Sparkies commitment to this player base that he claims to have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear
    _Jibrille_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2014

After reading that, this whole situation reminded me again of how sucky it is to have a job as a middle man, dealing with furious customers and bad communication from your upper hands b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fashionista wife of Sayphat b:cute
    New name is Shiirahoshi :3
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It appears that they are trying to phase out the Event Boutique and don't actually plan on giving us a new DQ system, or don't plan on havign event gold be part of the new DQ system (if we ever get one).

The 500 gold for the "pretty" and (some) in-demand flyers (albeit at a slightly reduced speed) looks to me like an attempt to get people to chew up their remaining event gold fast.

The removal of silver charms is a real slap in the face to many players, however I do understand why it's been done. I'm sure charm sales have suffered a great deal and they see this as a way of correcting it. Using a bronze just is not feasible for most end-game players, so out of sheer necessity we will be forced into buying Plat charms with real gold/money.

I'm really disappointed with this change. PWE/PWI is severely diminishing the ability of F2P players to sustain themselves in the game.

I want silver charms back. Someone should make a poll about it so there can be some clear numbers. Also, I strongly urge everyone to complain about this on their facebook page, and maybe even send a ticket, seen as no one actually looks at these forums. If we make enough noise they may hear us.
  • trands
    edited May 2014

If confirmed, that would be even more horrible actually. Heck, even you as moderator should be warned in advance for such a move. Taking out 1 of the most (if not the most) bought item in event boutique ... they know very well that would cause major insatisfaction and rage. Leaving the ones in charge with dealing that unprepaired is just ... ridiculous.
  • magoozla
    magoozla Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im just gonna make a stand actually you wont se me in game till this is fixed , like people on this thread keep saying .. enough is enough players been playing this game for years are so loyal to it and you guys treat us customers and players like dirt somtimes misscommunication or whatever i dont care ..... you wont see me in game till you revert those event boutique changes . not in game means i wont be spending any dollars , tell that to the peeps in charge , any other players feel this way just leave the game for a few weeks , dont let them bend ya over and just take it , if we make a stand and just bail on the game im sure they will see player amount drop and realise they made a mistake . FFFAAAAAAAAARRRRK EM :P
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hopefully it's an unintended change. Probably overtyped some code when copy pasting sht. While we're fixing it, put in gold charms at the same price instead, considering these charms were made back when having 7k hp was OP we're due a charm size increase.

If this is intentional then sparkie should be fired for thinking its not worth mentioning/not being wired in to the mod team to know precisely every change taking place.

Cheers.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.