Event Boutique Update

Options

Comments

• RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    "There are not patch notes for this maintenance, however there will be some minor fixes."

my wish is to undo those minor fixes ;)

and im so glad i sold my deus omega wings for 200 mil back then, now that everyone will have themb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Kossy, given sparkie didn't feel this weeks changes warranted patch notes *bites tongue to not go on a rant about how many of levels of wrong that decision was* where can we get an answer from PWI in relation to what the heck they are doing with the game? They remove the actually useful items in the event boutique, insert ridiculously overpriced flyers and they still haven't released a new way to earn Event gold. This is an utter joke of the non funny variety b:angry

I for one am getting real tired of feeling like PWI is just bleeding it's customer base. Sure the p2p players are needed in game but pwi seems to have lost sight of the fact that the F2Pers are the ones that know the game, build the guides and keep the community alive, 1 side of the player base cannot survive without the other cashers will leave when f2pers do because they won't have any goods to spend their shiny coin on.

So my questions :

Is PWI attempting to kill this game so they can move on to other shinier projects?
    If no : why do pwi keep inserting half assed updates that cause massive lag and rob the player base of features we all relied heavily on?

Whilst granted the weekly game of find what PWI broke this week can be entertaining after over 4 years of it it's getting very grating.

I expect to see a statement from Sparkie on this issue as it's a massive kick in the teeth to the player base yet again. If there is no statement I'll be questioning Sparkies commitment to this player base that he claims to have.
    For the patch notes thing, you have to remember one thing: They don't need a patch to change the boutique OR event boutique. Never have. It's something you'd immediately look at now if you've forgotten or are unaware... but it's just a coincidence that, in this case, screws sparkie over. Totally would not want to be in his shoes when he wakes up and sees the flood my message will direct him to.

As for the questions... I am of the firm belief that PWE's board of executives needs to be sent back to pre-school until they have obtained a basic education AND can last more than five rounds of Simon Says to prove they have an attention span slightly larger than a goldfish. Because I know the GMs and staff I've had the pleasure of contact with tend to be... not amused by some of this stuff... and also tend to be the last ones to know about it and have to play damage control while trying to get stuff done for us.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I completely agree with everyone that posted about PvP. It's already hard enough to motivate people to PvP because of the gear gap and other imbalances/issues..now this..

There's people that don't or can't charge zen but work hard to gear up so they can enjoy PvP or whatever and they just make it harder for them. There's a difference between "paying customers should have an advantage" and **** people up.

I can imagine it's also bad for CSers who, I'm fairly sure, also enjoy the event charms because there's a limit to what CSers charge or want to charge...
    Right now we can't even get event gold unless they have another promotion (which requires either charging or buying gold).

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nickotine - Lost City
    Nickotine - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I think that if PW really wanted to make money, they'd make unbinding charms >.>
    Same price as binding charms and takes 3 days to unbind (same as the destroying process, if you're unbinding it then you probably don't want it for whatever reason and so surely you can do without it in your inventory for a little while, right?)
    I think it would be useful for those gold TT gears that automatically bind and you can just sell them to someone else when you're done with them. I'd be all over those if they existed
  • Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

As for the questions... I am of the firm belief that PWE's board of executives needs to be sent back to pre-school until they have obtained a basic education AND can last more than five rounds of Simon Says to prove they have an attention span slightly larger than a goldfish. Because I know the GMs and staff I've had the pleasure of contact with tend to be... not amused by some of this stuff... and also tend to be the last ones to know about it and have to play damage control while trying to get stuff done for us.

Thank you for making me lol Kossy b:laugh

fyi still mad as hell about this new new new direction the game appears to be going in b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dicsouraged. Sad.

Coming back to the earliest days of pw with no free stuff/charms/lvl reward? b:avoid
    But adding useful and supportive items and removing them like this, without even warning, was mean. Hope there will be something to compensate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I ran out of event gold on the accounts i play long ago using most of it fashion for pigments. At least now pigments are in event botique and dont require two steps to get them. i was going through 4-6 event charms per nation war so i'm not see this as horrible, i guess if you have low hp and only bh or something it was worth it but for pvp...
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It appears that they are trying to phase out the Event Boutique and don't actually plan on giving us a new DQ system, or don't plan on havign event gold be part of the new DQ system (if we ever get one).
    What's sad about this is, one of the things the other mods and I spoke with sparkie about (and he agreed on) was the need to update the event boutique... this change kinda knocks that out of the water.
    trands wrote: »
    If confirmed, that would be even more horrible actually. Heck, even you as moderator should be warned in advance for such a move. Taking out 1 of the most (if not the most) bought item in event boutique ... they know very well that would cause major insatisfaction and rage. Leaving the ones in charge with dealing that unprepaired is just ... ridiculous.
    Eh. It's not the first time they did this and far from the last. If you were here around the tideborn expansion, you'll remember spoons saying we'd get an alternative method for transferring refines instead of Chienkung stones. What his bosses didn't tell him was that we actually wouldn't. Did not end well.

Right now we can't even get event gold unless they have another promotion (which requires either charging or buying gold).
    Well there are events but... not everyone can make it to said events or actually get the event gold prizes they offer. So a vast majority is outta luck even if they want the stuff in there now. :/
  • clyknight
    clyknight Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    DQ was taken away
    No 2X event for what 6 or more months even after the time the server was down 9 hours?
    Attendance event with no possible way to get an absence note - people do have real lives
    Just took away the 350k HP/MP charms from gold even tab

What else is/has PWI taking they are afraid to PO the user base so they aren't telling them?
  • syphonfilter
    syphonfilter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What to do with my 5k event gold now b:cryb:cry
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i guess if you have low hp and only bh or something it was worth it but for pvp...
    I used them in pvp and they are fine. Unless your fight lasts longer than 20 min but even then you can find a moment and replace it on the fly, just need to keep few spare ones in inventory. I'm not a full vit r9r barb though, but not a hh80 caster either. They were good.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What's sad about this is, one of the things the other mods and I spoke with sparkie about (and he agreed on) was the need to update the event boutique... this change kinda knocks that out of the water.
    Never never suggest an idea b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Potgod - Sanctuary
    Potgod - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    seem s most of the things in Event have been taken

why put up date sight on form if u just goingto backdoor us anyway ?
  • Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So not happy about this update. At least with DQ rewards going we were warned well in advance. Where was our warning that this was happening? At least with a warning, everyone could spend their event gold on what they wanted instead of what you want to throw down out throats.

500 gold for a flyer or mount - you have got to be kidding. Why can't you do what is down in Forsaken World and have everything the same price no matter if you are buying with event gold or real money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Potgod - Sanctuary
    Potgod - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seens like a fair trade we get no Dq rewards and less event stuff But we do get mass DC s
  • Daiv - Morai
    Daiv - Morai Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Im starting to feel like im part of some kind of social experimental research into angry mobs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Im starting to feel like im part of some kind of social experimental research into angry mobs.

That would explain...a lot b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    Options

... You know you very well may be on to something with that.
  • Teiw - Sanctuary
    Teiw - Sanctuary Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks PWI!

I had 50 event gold just lying around unused from the recent code.

SFGKJKgc, though if you're reading this post you redeemed the arc code a long time ago.

I was able to get 3.0 Wildfire wings for my tideborn alts for just 42 event gold.

Thank you pwi for putting something affordable and useful in the event boutique. b:kiss
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    CSers or not... I think every single person is very upset about this update. On my server plat charms reach a price up to 15 mil atm, for ppl at / close to end game gear its 3-4 plat charms for one TW or NW... now that is an INSANE cost every weekend. Even best merchants or heavy CSers would feel the spending... Actually, PVP events and PK have started to be more dead than ever before already, cuz ppl started running out of their event gold, and there's still no alternative on how to make it. But now, when charms were taken out even for those ppl who still do have some event gold left... I can see the PVP activity in the game drastically dropping again...

And the Refining Aids... For me personally it's not needed anymore, but it was always nice to even refine t3 weaps etc and sell them for profit, or refine alts / friends' gear. Also I refined my whole gear to +8 / +9 with them so seeing them getting a major change that will limit a lot of ppl' possibilities to upgrade their gear is rly sad...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seriously, wtf are they thinking ? "If we take out the most bought consumable item from the event boutique, they will buy it from the cashshop", must be something like that. Need to decide whether to go charmless from now on or spam bronze charms b:worried
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seriously, wtf are they thinking ? "If we take out the most bought consumable item from the event boutique, they will buy it from the cashshop", must be something like that. Need to decide whether to go charmless from now on or spam bronze charms b:worried

dont say u gonna spam bronze charms. If someone reads that they might take them out as well. b:sad
  • Tenjio - Sanctuary
    Tenjio - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    how about a gm replys back on this thread for what's happen to the silver hp charms and new changes in the event gold <.<
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Options
    They must have gone home to sleep so we won't be getting a response until later today..or tomorrow depending on where you are XD
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    scruncy wrote: »
    dont say u gonna spam bronze charms. If someone reads that they might take them out as well. b:sad

Luckily I'm not a barb, so I still have an option b:chuckle

EDIT : QQ siggy is broken on these forums
  • Ikan_Asin - Archosaur
    Ikan_Asin - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    silver charm removed from event boutique... awesome, seems u found a way to makes more F2P players quit the game... maybe its not long before u anounce new rule "Pay To play or F.C.K Off" b:pleased (ik its actually arc that makes all those decission) & when that time comes im rdy to press SHIFT + DELETE on PWI Folder b:angry
  • academeus
    academeus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Here's a thought, keep the bronze charms only; make them stack-able to 10 or 25...both in bag and maybe in the slot which holds them in equipped items. So you could purchase 5 of them with event gold, functionally get a 500k charm.

Would allow for a great deal more flexibility with charm use for different purposes.

With respect to the changes to refine aids, I would highly recommend adding either an NPC for binding gear using coin ( especially quest rewards and rank gear) or adding binding charms to the Event boutique to allow people to make use of them on their rank gears. Rank gear is functionally more than bound as it can't even be account stashed; but it can't be used with "bound only" refine aids until passed through a redundant binding. ( alternatively, make all quest reward and rank items bind on equip for this purpose)

I would, as most people likely concur, highly recommend that even if these changes to the event boutique are to be revisited that the presence of the DQ system actually functioning be pushed ahead as a top priority - even at the expense of delaying another once a week world boss spawning being implemented - and be made to be at least minimally used as soon as is humanly possible. This would do a lot to placate the player base - and the absolute worse possible idea you could try would be to have a charge-reward event in the coming days/weeks which rewards event gold for charging zen.

My humble input.
  • XLadyMayax - Dreamweaver
    XLadyMayax - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    QQ i wanna silver charm back.
    At least, warning in advance would have been nice.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    (Long Essay coming up. As you all know, I'm infamous for large essays. So fair warning.)

I'm really upset about this change to be honest.

I don't feel that this change should have been made, for as many have stated, it is a direct kick in the teeth to the playerbase.

HOWEVER....The real issue here is the lack of communication on this issue. There was a recent code for EVENT GOLD. A change this major should have been vocalized, due to the substantial impact that it has on gameplay. As we know, charms can't be stacked on top of each other, so many people that have the event gold for charms are saving it for when the charm burns out, and thus maximizing their usage from them. The issue here is that you didn't TELL us this change was being made, and simply resolved to **** your player-base with the okie-doke, surprise shaft that they find they've been hit when waking up, and logging into this game.

Understandably, PWI is a company, and like all companies, they wish to maximize their revenue and make a substantial profit. However, good and effective businesses understand that there is more to life than buying things for a dollar, and selling it for two.

This move is made to increase the probability that the customers will buy charms from the cash shop. However, the question that I pose is what happens when these players do not do this?

Speaking for myself...

I am a cleric main. I'm a good cleric, and I'm going to get into squads, charmed or uncharmed. I am a one-shot in nation wars, as many can tell you. I have been factionless from Day 1, so I've never been in TW. I'm used to being uncharmed, and should I die, I can heal at will. Plus, I'm incredibly stubborn, and I HATE being tricked....plus, I play on a pve server. Now, with these being factors to consider, do you really think that I will buy charms from the cash shop, now that you think that you've backed people into corners?

The disadvantage of this move is the profound impact that it has on NW, TW, and other pvp events. This really tips the scale of balance (There wasn't much of one before) in the favor of CS vs Non CS'ers. Please remember, that Perfect World is NOT the newest game on the block, nor is it the only game that people have installed on their computers. You cannot afford to make gargantuan mistakes like that, and fail miserably at the communication aspect.

Now, I'm sitting here on over 60 event gold that I was planning to use for Silver Charms. So I'll have to find some other utility for it.

-Removal of Silver Charms
    -Removal of full utility of Tienkangs and Tishas. They are cheaper, but are only usable on bound items now...
    -Addition of New Flyers in the boutique. (Change well needed)
    -Golden Steed is now 500 event gold.

NO NEW WAYS TO EARN EVENT GOLD.

Event Tienkang's and Tishas now have limited usability as they are used for refining. This change greatly affects lunar gear. This makes Lunar gear depreciate in value, due to it having one of the chief ways to refine (Event gold) removed. I suppose this is done to encourage orb purchases, however the effect that it will have is a large amount of TT gear, versus lunar. Lunar's chief advantage isn't its stats. Its the fact that the gear is UNBOUND which makes it so valuable. This means that the gear is more easily interchangeable between alts, multiple accounts, and can be sold for a profit. Removing the ability for event gold to refine this affects this.

As for the wings, although they are a great addition, informing your playerbase would help immensely with this. I feel sorry for the people that spent some of their event gold, only to discover that they're now just under the margin of being able to afford it...

In closing, WORK on your communication PWI. It's needed,...as for this change....another nail in the coffin.

**Special thanks to OP Kossy for your communication with us on this issue, and your willingness and desire to get to the bottom of it. This old cleric appreciates it, as does the rest of the community. The job that you and many of the other mods do is largely a thankless one, but don't think that your work is going unnoticed by the community. So thank you for trying to get to the bottom of this, and for attempting to touch bases with Sparkle, in an effort to resolve this issue or at least get to the bottom of it, so that we can have more information on it as well.**
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
This discussion has been closed.