Community Update [May]

Comments

• Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Valiance... ...was NOT fired as some suggest, and I have the PM from him to prove it
    I bow to your superior knowledge of this matter

Therefore it falls to the new CM to pick it up.
    This does not necessarily follow at all. It is the choice of the new CM whether to attempt to do anything about it

Unfortunately for your personal preferences, this is an issue whether you approve of it or not.
    My personal preferences are irrelevant regarding whether the CM chooses to look at this issue. In fact, I really really don't care one way or another whether FC stays as it is, is level/hyper restricted, or even removed from the game altogether. I merely wished to point out the facts regarding whether pwe management will feel obliged to obey your *text removed on the grounds of trolling/flaming*

Hope that clarifies my position b:kissb:bye
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hope that clarifies my position b:kissb:bye
    Aww, but apparently your post got modded. Now I can't see the no-doubt delightful trolling. :(

If we're talking about PWE's "obligations," then it's the age-old debate of profit vs. sustainability, the free-to-play business model, how much influence cash shoppers have, etc. etc. etc. ad-nauseum. But at the end of the day, unless PWE has specific end-of-life plans for PWI, then sustainability is always their obligation, because that directly ties into their long-term profits. Over-accelerated leveling and runaway power creep are the two things that have locked PWI into the death spiral it's currently in, and sustainability won't happen unless they take massive measures against those problems.

Do I think that will happen? Hell if I know. Probably not. Still worth pushing for, though, as long as I still have interest in the game. If they never listen and they let PWI die an avoidable death, then that's their prerogative. What I have a problem with is when people in this community take a knee-jerk derisiveness to any possibility of positive change. It's really getting old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wouldn't say they are idiots....Nation Wars is a a bit different in that it's environment in which the most inexperienced player is pitted against the most advanced player in the game as opponents in a competition. And it's a farming instance. There is nothing wrong with balancing for skill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w <--That's a video about it. And I'm really not sure what PWI could do about either issue, to be perfectly honest. Make the map smaller and you have to deal with locking again, let people just battle anywhere they want and people would probably exploit it. >> I don't think making it a safe zone is the right idea. Although perhaps if they did make it a small safe zone and monitor your time spent there, they could maybe kick out some of these AFK alts.

Venus, your pretty much on the right track when you mentioned making a small safe zone where it could be monitored based on time spent so it could kick any afk alts. But i mentioned the safe zone idea to prevent anymore possibilities of spawncamping and or abusing this idea since it can be done. What i had in mind for the safe zone was to implement it at the top 3 spawn areas which are the following: left side tree, right side tree, and the middle platform. Since this is only for the flag battles idk if this could be put into the other battlefield types like the bridge and crystal. For now im just looking at the flag battlefield since its got some flaws that need to be worked out.

Since we know that making the nw map smaller like you said would cause more base locking, not to mention limiting players movements on the map. For now idk how well this might flow even with the playerbase and the devs.

PS: replying to the underlined segment.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Venus, your pretty much on the right track when you mentioned making a small safe zone where it could be monitored based on time spent so it could kick any afk alts. But i mentioned the safe zone idea to prevent anymore possibilities of spawncamping and or abusing this idea since it can be done. What i had in mind for the safe zone was to implement it at the top 3 spawn areas which are the following: left side tree, right side tree, and the middle platform. Since this is only for the flag battles idk if this could be put into the other battlefield types like the bridge and crystal. For now im just looking at the flag battlefield since its got some flaws that need to be worked out.

Since we know that making the nw map smaller like you said would cause more base locking, not to mention limiting players movements on the map. For now idk how well this might flow even with the playerbase and the devs.

TBH, I don't see a value in the safe zone idea beyond really the AFK alt thing, I wouldn't object if it was made for that reason, but I don't see the value in it. They wouldn't make it so you could afk there long enough to get your stuff off of CD most likely, which is often what the main problem with it is. And people would just camp the safe zone. If you make them too safe, you get the problem of people AFK leeching for long periods of time. Totally happens a lot in crystal and tower battles, and that always annoys me. At least in flag battles you can send the alts back to base. ><

What else could they add? I don't know. I acknowledge there is a problem that's upsetting players and has been a persistent issue, but I don't know what they can really do about it.*shrug*

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited May 2014
    Aww, but apparently your post got modded. Now I can't see the no-doubt delightful trolling. :(

b:chuckle I 'modded' myself...

If we're talking about PWE's "obligations," then it's the age-old debate of profit vs. sustainability, the free-to-play business model, how much influence cash shoppers have, etc. etc. etc. ad-nauseum. But at the end of the day, unless PWE has specific end-of-life plans for PWI, then sustainability is always their obligation, because that directly ties into their long-term profits. Over-accelerated leveling and runaway power creep are the two things that have locked PWI into the death spiral it's currently in, and sustainability won't happen unless they take massive measures against those problems.
    My personal opinion of the f2p model is that the provider should make things that players want to buy when they play, and not make things that you have to buy if you want to play.
    I suspect that pwe management has abandoned this kind of thinking which tends to create a long term, medium spending player base, in favour of a 'churn' type model where they have a relatively small but high spending elite, a small medium spending long term player base, and a large, but small spending short term player base

Do I think that will happen? Hell if I know. Probably not. Still worth pushing for, though, as long as I still have interest in the game. If they never listen and they let PWI die an avoidable death, then that's their prerogative. What I have a problem with is when people in this community take a knee-jerk derisiveness to any possibility of positive change. It's really getting old.
    I don't think issues like FC will have much impact on the overall player base in the long term, either way. As for 'derisiveness', I consider my position to be more one of cynical resignation...

I very rarely deliberately troll or flame anyone lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If it's outdated and no longer an actual rule they should simply drop it from the frontpage. Then I'll set up a farming colony consisting of 8-16 sins running on a VMWare server or sumsuch as well and farm my way to R9 in a few weeks. The only thing that's stopped me thus far is that rule - folk who don't deem that rule relevant likely have such colonies running. And thus have an unfair advantage over me.

If you make rules, enforce them. Otherwise what's the point... Speaking of which, you're botting with a sin? Don't you already have 2 Psy's hitting the Sharpfaing Araneids? Often see them both out there on my cleric...

If you read what you quoted from me carefully, you will notice that I speak about an outdated rule (just my opinion though) only for "OPENING" GV or TT... not for auto-cultivation.

Are you talking to me when referring to botting psys by the way ? I always have my mystic and my sin autocultivating but I don't have any psy doing it (even if it was allowed my old laptop + crappy internet connection wouldn't let me do it xD). I don't even own a psy that would be able to bot on those mobs and I think the mobs you're talking about are quest mobs but my own personal rules are not to bot on any mob needed in any quest.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited May 2014

think u need to think this SZ thing thru. i can see lots of stunners stunning flag carrys running past or thru these areas. ppl hitting flag carrys or other ppl near these areas. And what we arent aloud to hit them back? Seems one sided to me. U get a invincible buff when u die and u cant get hit as well if u dont leave that area? Lol. if u are out numbered in a nw battle, do what everyone else does and leave that map. If u are getting hit while u spawn in... Bonus thats more points for you. This is what ppl want, trust me. there alts wont get many points if they dont get hit or killed as well and that equals less tokens.

Venus is right tho, i go into a flag map and see 4frost 10 dark and in those 10 dark 8 of them will be alts, afk. that is something that needs to stop.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    My personal opinion of the f2p model is that the provider should make things that players want to buy when they play, and not make things that you have to buy if you want to play.
    I suspect that pwe management has abandoned this kind of thinking which tends to create a long term, medium spending player base, in favour of a 'churn' type model where they have a relatively small but high spending elite, a small medium spending long term player base, and a large, but small spending short term player base
    Which strikes me as needlessly complicated, but yes, it would work in theory. I say "would" here, because the things they made are so horribly game-breaking that it doesn't matter what your business model is. If you're selling things that undermine the stability of the platform you're selling them on, then that is, by definition, unsustainable. And sustainability needs to be their number-one obligation. Either that, or they need to quit with the farce and let us know that they intend for PWI to die sooner rather than later.
    I don't think issues like FC will have much impact on the overall player base in the long term, either way. As for 'derisiveness', I consider my position to be more one of cynical resignation...
    You and everyone else who hangs around here. Hell, I've become cynical too, but there's room for both cynicism and a desire to end what made you cynical in the first place.

On its own, fixing Frost won't do much, no. But it's the step without which the rest of the necessary changes can't happen. Other things on the list include (off the top of my head): removing significant exp from the astral domain so you don't get dumped in your lv1 zone at lv6, getting rid of all those fantasy/scarlet fruits they load you down with in the lowgame, rebalancing mob counts for quests to keep more people in the fields, adding dailies to kill field mobs, adding other reasonably-balanced incentives to complete quests, and scaling back the ubiquity of that god-awful Dreamchaser gear (and removing the free charms wouldn't hurt either, lest the newbies become dependent on them). None of that will matter if it remains possible to bypass 80% of the game content in a single instance.
    I very rarely deliberately troll or flame anyone lol
    Then what on earth are you doing here? :P [/sarcasm tag for the humor impaired]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    edited May 2014
    Which strikes me as needlessly complicated, but yes, it would work in theory. I say "would" here, because the things they made are so horribly game-breaking that it doesn't matter what your business model is. If you're selling things that undermine the stability of the platform you're selling them on, then that is, by definition, unsustainable. And sustainability needs to be their number-one obligation. Either that, or they need to quit with the farce and let us know that they intend for PWI to die sooner rather than later.

Not really... in fact, if anything, it's less complicated. I can't mention other MMO games here as you know, but they do exist, and some use this model. Basically, the only things for sale in their version of the cashshop is fash type stuff, to customise the look of your toon, weps, etc. All gears, and utility items like charms etc, whilst yes are for sale, are also farmable in practical terms. They don't require a dozen farmbots running 24/7 for a year to achieve their equivalent of r9r3 +12 full josd.

On its own, fixing Frost won't do much, no. But it's the step without which the rest of the necessary changes can't happen. Other things on the list include (off the top of my head): removing significant exp from the astral domain so you don't get dumped in your lv1 zone at lv6, getting rid of all those fantasy/scarlet fruits they load you down with in the lowgame, rebalancing mob counts for quests to keep more people in the fields, adding dailies to kill field mobs, adding other reasonably-balanced incentives to complete quests, and scaling back the ubiquity of that god-awful Dreamchaser gear (and removing the free charms wouldn't hurt either, lest the newbies become dependent on them). None of that will matter if it remains possible to bypass 80% of the game content in a single instance.

The trouble with removing all those things that make levelling so easy, is that it really does discourage new players; they see high level 2x rb toons with endgame gear, and if they have to get there the hard way, they are looking at 5+ years of casual playing, if not more, and that would include a certain amount of cashing. I don't know of anyone that would bother even trying to get there if that was the case. When I say the damage is done and there's no point shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, this is what I mean.
    PWE want people to spend money on the game; there are myriad ways to achieve this, they have apparently chosen to go down the route of encouraging people to level as fast as possible and spend money to a) get there, and b) buy endgame gears/refines etc.

Then what on earth are you doing here? :P [/sarcasm tag for the humor impaired]

Waiting for someone to try and troll me so that I can

POUNCE!!!

b:laughb:chuckleb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    Not really... in fact, if anything, it's less complicated. I can't mention other MMO games here as you know, but they do exist, and some use this model. Basically, the only things for sale in their version of the cashshop is fash type stuff, to customise the look of your toon, weps, etc. All gears, and utility items like charms etc, whilst yes are for sale, are also farmable in practical terms. They don't require a dozen farmbots running 24/7 for a year to achieve their equivalent of r9r3 +12 full josd.
    I was referring more to the simplicity of a "one main class of spenders" model, rather than three. But in the end, that part doesn't matter. What matters is that you don't encourage power creep by way of the cash shop.

I'm not sure when you started playing PWI given your avatar's date, but in early 2009 what you just described was exactly PWI's business model. Packs in late 2009 and Rep in late 2010 were the one-two punch that transformed that model into something unsustainable.
    The trouble with removing all those things that make levelling so easy, is that it really does discourage new players; they see high level 2x rb toons with endgame gear, and if they have to get there the hard way, they are looking at 5+ years of casual playing, if not more, and that would include a certain amount of cashing. I don't know of anyone that would bother even trying to get there if that was the case. When I say the damage is done and there's no point shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, this is what I mean.
    PWE want people to spend money on the game; there are myriad ways to achieve this, they have apparently chosen to go down the route of encouraging people to level as fast as possible and spend money to a) get there, and b) buy endgame gears/refines etc.
    Getting to endgame has never taken 5+ years. My wife and I took like 2-3, and that's mostly because we took several breaks and just generally sat in the 90s for awhile instead of doing Frost. :P

Even if you make every change I mentioned, a motivated player could still easily get to endgame in two or three months. The problem is not a lack of leveling speed. The problem is that when an impatient newbie joins, they don't think "I'll never get to endgame in a reasonable timeframe." They think "I need to get to endgame NOW." And that's the sort of thinking that PWE has validated, even encouraged, to the detriment of sustainability.

Would removing Frost leveling and scaling back leveling speed **** a few people off? Yes. You've got to drain that wound before you start healing. But the ones who are pissed off won't be the newbies, because 99% of newbies don't start their in-game experience by loading up on community drama beforehand. It's the first impressions that matter. And currently, that first impression is "there's something wrong with you if you haven't reached endgame yesterday."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
    edited May 2014
    What matters is that you don't encourage power creep by way of the cash shop.

This is pretty much my feeling.

I'm not sure when you started playing PWI given your avatar's date, but in early 2009 what you just described was exactly PWI's business model. Packs in late 2009 and Rep in late 2010 were the one-two punch that transformed that model into something unsustainable.

I started playing at the beginning of 2011.

Getting to endgame has never taken 5+ years. My wife and I took like 2-3, and that's mostly because we took several breaks and just generally sat in the 90s for awhile instead of doing Frost. :P

I'm still not there. Haven't played for a while, but played literally every day for 8+ hours for a little over 2 years. Been over a year since I played seriously.

Even if you make every change I mentioned, a motivated player could still easily get to endgame in two or three months. The problem is not a lack of leveling speed. The problem is that when an impatient newbie joins, they don't think "I'll never get to endgame in a reasonable timeframe." They think "I need to get to endgame NOW." And that's the sort of thinking that PWE has validated, even encouraged, to the detriment of sustainability.

People want to get to endgame to have a chance at competing pvp wise. Part of this is because of high(er) level pvpers quest blocking or otherwise bullying lower level players, usually at 'important' quest spots.

Would removing Frost leveling and scaling back leveling speed **** a few people off? Yes. You've got to drain that wound before you start healing. But the ones who are pissed off won't be the newbies, because 99% of newbies don't start their in-game experience by loading up on community drama beforehand. It's the first impressions that matter. And currently, that first impression is "there's something wrong with you if you haven't reached endgame yesterday."

I gotta say, my first impressions of being white named were of being rpked while trying to quest, by players as often as not 60+ levels higher than me. I realise this is not an FC issue as such, but it's not a unique experience, and it does rather motivate one to either level up fast, or just quit the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2014
    People want to get to endgame to have a chance at competing pvp wise. Part of this is because of high(er) level pvpers quest blocking or otherwise bullying lower level players, usually at 'important' quest spots.

I gotta say, my first impressions of being white named were of being rpked while trying to quest, by players as often as not 60+ levels higher than me. I realise this is not an FC issue as such, but it's not a unique experience, and it does rather motivate one to either level up fast, or just quit the game.
    Well, a PVP server is a completely different animal, and the problems you describe here are rather unique to them. Being PK'd at 30 by someone with R9S3 is essentially having the power creep thrown in your face right from the start. There's a reason HL and LC are even more dead than the PVE servers these days. At least on a PVE server, the effects of power creep don't kick in until you're practically at endgame (Dreamchaser gear notwithstanding).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I`m not blameing any one mod..but these forums died the moment they started locking threads..the good and the bad.

Heck half the reason people usually come to the forums is for ghossip.to complain or trol

There have been many times people know someone was given goods..items..favors..etc in this game but proof other than SS..is hard to come by..problem is if 50 people were to talk about it in a forums..and 10-15 people who saw it agree on said infraction...then why shouldnt it be investigated ? why is it perma locked hidden and deleted ?

Send us Tickets...talk to us in private...send me pm`s these are the responces you give...but all this does is keep things quiet

keep things hidden and unknown until there knowledge can do little good for anyone

Your censorship has already killed the forums to a large degree and its helped speed the death of the game along as well.

Sure give the mods more power to lock and delete threads..finish this off already
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Harshlands server forums is stangant and sterile every thread in it can be considered a nerco offence.

I beleive Mods should insure posts are made in the right areas..

I think curseing .. Real life nameing or phone numbers.. removals etc are topic mods should focus on

Locking threads because they think the two people argueing are going off topic..
    Locking threads because one Game charecter..accuses another Game charecter of cheating,hacks,bots AKA the famous Nameing and Shameing rule,,biggest load of **** ever

its just a way to keep things quiet..little to nothing was ever done or investigated

This is a pvp game and last i checked it was for adults..least it has np taking my credit card number

then why do these forums feal like they belong to some crappy feal good everyone wins kiddy browser game

most of the people still playing this game do not come to the forums because they are feed up with having everything they post locked deleted or worse forum banned

Why do our Mods have more post counts than almost any active players...
    we go weeks without seeing any new posts on the harshlands forum section..mainly because it is mod`d by carebears from a pve server who look down on any form of agression or arguements

We have mods compete to lock..remove..move edit or delete topics...and they brag about this..we have more mods watching than people actually reading or posting anything now

Sparki.i really do love this game man..and im glad we finally got a CM and i know your sitting there wondering why these server forums useage does not seem to match game activity

it didnt happen over night..once these forums had trolls and there was always some new topic or Drama going on..now lock how nice clear and organized it is..and empty.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    May be because Moderators are active in forum, while common players are not.

Put yourself in their shoes: they must remove posts of trolls and lock any threads, which are agains rules of forum.

Everyone has at some point in their working lives come out of a meeting feeling that it was a big
    waste of time. People get frustrated, bored, lazy or just plain cynical when meetings don’t
    accomplish much and there’s little to inspire or motivate, but ...
    Perfect World Entertainment makes use of community moderators to enforce the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. Moderators may not issue infraction points, suspensions, or bans, but may remove the content of posts which are found to be in violation of these rules and policies. Community Moderators are selected by members of the PWE Community Team. The community may be asked to participate in selection of volunteer moderators, but the PWE Community Manager makes the final selection. When new moderators are needed, a PWE Community Manager will inform the community of how many moderators are needed and the application process. Community Moderators are unpaid volunteers, and their views and opinions may not reflect the views and opinions of PWE. In addition, as Community Moderators are not employees of PWE, their service to their community may be discontinued at any time they choose, or may be discontinued by a member of the PWE Community Team at any time and for any reason.
    Any content that violates our Rules and Policies will be removed by a Community Moderator within a reasonable period of time after PWE becomes aware of it. Interpretation and enforcement of the Rules and Policies is at the sole and exclusive discretion of PWE.

If you violate these Rules and Policies and/or show a disregard for them, PWE and/or our community, your posting privileges may be suspended or terminated. PWE may, but is not obligated to, edit or remove any content without notice or appeal. These Rules and Policies are subject to change at any time without notice.
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Locking threads because one Game charecter..accuses another Game character of cheating, hacks, bots AKA the famous naming and shaming rule, biggest load of **** ever!

its just a way to keep things quiet..little to nothing was ever done or investigated

now look how nice clear and organized it is.

You don't seriously think this should be allowed? History teaches us stuff dude, Salem witch trials, Mccarthy era etc etc. People shouldn't be allowed to post about how lil jimmy scammed then, or how another character scammed support. Well not without proper good evidence, getting 10 ppl to back u up isnt evidence, its not difficult to get 10 ppl to lie. Hence why there is a process, tickets, SS, PROOF!

I'm not saying that the system works and thats a failing with PWI but maybe nothing was done because the accuser couldn't provide adequate proof? Remember Innocent until proven guilty?

I suspect MOD post counts are higher because they are helping lots of forum posters?
    I suspect most people don't come here because its full of complainers

And when is a nice clean, clear easily navigatable forum a bad thing?
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    I'd just like to point out that even before I was a mod, I was in the top posters list. It's just changed a bit but I was already in the top 11 posters of all time, based on post count the week it came out. Once I got modded, my cleric's account dropped to top 20 I think it is. But I've always been really active. The padding came from combining our posts from our two accounts, and is a more accurate reflection of our total posts as particular users rather than under our mod avatars. A lot of it comes from playing forum games, others come from actually commenting on most of the things I read, and I do check the forum multiple times per day. Actually it's partially because I'm such an active user that I was made a mod.

Kossy is pretty similar. The other two mods do not have extremely high post counts, even once you combined their old avatar with their new avatar.

And it's not the mods fault that you guys want to break the name and shame rule. You're responsible for your own actions. I actually approve of that rule because a lot of innocent people would get accused of stuff, and if they aren't a forum user wouldn't even necessarily understand why they are being treated poorly. History has taught us a lot about being able to publicly shame and humiliate people as guilty without even a shred of evidence. And I've yet to play a game that allowed that.

As for general emptiness of the forums

Since I've been a mod we had a decrease in the user base during Arc, the orb problem, nation war rewards, and SP's re-enabling. And we usually have less people posting in May/June in the first place, probably because of school. I do acknowledge that some people from HL (and probably others) have left because they didn't like the way they mod team handled things. But we can't just allow name and shames and such to happen. :\

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Locking threads because they think the two people argueing are going off topic..

If you made a thread to get information about something, or to start a discussion on something so you could learn from it, how happy would you be if it got derailed by an argument and people thus stopped posting there or looking at it? People don't care to read multiple pages of other people arguing (generally about something not even related to the original topic), so that ultimately kills a thread. That said, mods never close a thread due to an argument without at least warning people to stop derailing. It is the selfish people that get those threads closed, so blame them.
    Locking threads because one Game charecter..accuses another Game charecter of cheating,hacks,bots AKA the famous Nameing and Shameing rule,,biggest load of **** ever

So what if this rule didn't exist, and one day you came to the forums to find someone had named you openly in an accusation of scamming, and everyone believed the post despite you being completely innocent? Which would then carry forward into the game where people would talk about you in world chat and squads may no longer take you because of lack of trust or dislike. How fair would that be?

The problem is that there are people who would use the abiliity to name others as a means of retribution. You do something they don't like in a squad, here they come to bash you and say untrue things. It only takes one person to destroy the reputation of another when a fickle crowd is involved.

If there is a problem you want investigated, the forums are not the place to take it. You submit a ticket or PM the CM.
    This is a pvp game

Not sure how that is even relevant, but it isn't entirely accurate anyway. We do have PvE servers.
    most of the people still playing this game do not come to the forums because they are feed up with having everything they post locked deleted or worse forum banned

Actually, most do not come to the forums because they just aren't forum users. The majority of people in these types of games either know nothing about forums or simply don't care, unless a question arises which they cannot find the answer for via Google. This is why you generally see the same core group of people posting. (And as far as the banned people, I usually see them back on a new account within days.)

Seriously? You do realize that these mods were in the top rankings of post counts BEFORE they were made mods? Why do you think they, above all others, were chosen? Because they were extremely active on the forums in a helpful manner. They answered every question posted with what information they could find when others replied only to mock or insult. Some people enjoy reading forums daily and like to be able to help others. Even now, when they post it is generally to give some help or insight on a topic... unless they have to defend themselves from people making unjustified and ridiculous accusations.

We have mods compete to lock..remove..move edit or delete topics...and they brag about this..we have more mods watching than people actually reading or posting anything now

Wow. Where are you finding this giant list of mods? Last I saw there were only about four... does that mean we only have three people regularly reading and posting on the forums? Your ability to count astounds me.

Also... I visit these forums daily and read everything, and I have never once seen a mod brag about locking or deleting topics.

I really don't understand why people treat mods so poorly. They did NOT create the forum rules. They were simply recruited to uphold them, which is a thankless job that I personally would never want to have to deal with. If you are angry about the forum rules, go after those that created them. If we didn't have great people like these willing to give up their spare time to help, we would have no forums at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    It doesnt matter ..its all just your Oppinions of whats best..

Ohh its soo much nicer with no nameing and shameing...

Ohh its soo much nicer being just a forums for Mods to talk to each other and there personal friends

Problem here is you`ve allowed players and gamers of one style to control your forums for a game that combines many styles of game play.

Yes i know the Mods inforce the rules...my First Point out in reply was that this was in no way directed at any one Mods but the style by which these forums are kept basicly on total lock down

Yes People argue on the net..yes lies are told and people get there fealings hurt...you cant stop this and trying too has turned these forums into your personal Pony picture posting websight

Either A. pay real mods who can stay objective

Or B. Ease up on some of our forum rules and maybe just maybe people will start comeing back and fealing welcome enough to contribute

But as of right now most are like me and just tired of trying to fight agianst these Forum rules that can basicly remove any post for any reason now

There are too many past Issues to focus on just one set of cards..thats a tiny drop in the bucket of issues these forums have worked very diligently to cover up.

Yes i want it all out there..

Let the idiots show everyone they are idiots..many enjoy reading there posts (even if its just to laugh)

And i do not approve of calling out people real names..phone numbers personal info or anything attached to there true identity, and any name calling must be targeted at the game charecter..not the player

Nameing and shameing does none of this...it allows the players to confront foul play and unfairness in the game and that is why it is such a no-no on these forums.

Your right some people would be unfairly accused of something they didnt do..everyone would come to the forums..there would be no proof..most would see it for what it was.. but thats activity and thats drama..and people want that stuff

Yes people want Activity..Drama..Conflict...not rules that stiffle all forms of game debate

And i could understand if this type of posts was only allowed in one spot..i can understand why you dont want this all over the forums..and your right ..but in the lower depths it should be allowed

if you did this for one thread or post area..that would become the most active area of these forums of this i am 100% sure

Add a disclaimer."this is the lower depths enter at own risk"

just give us one spot to talk and argue over our own servers without it being carebeared up

Ohh 4+ years of steady decline should tell you your current ways are not working here on these forums...

4 years of these rules has never lead to an increase in players..posters or visitors to these forums...its always declineing..

Im not the smartest guy in the world..but at some point in time i`d evaluate my possition if all my rules and best actions did nothing but destroy the things i enjoy`ed
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014

@Temeilion - Harshlands

History would show you are dead wrong about naming and shaming. And as someone has browsed tons of forums....I have yet to see a single one that allowed on ANY game's forums, whether those forums are successful or not, that allowed it. As the playerbase declines, so too does the forum user base. That's why every single huge drop of people posting has been tied to mass exodus of players. Just because you want to ridicule people, doesn't mean it's good for everyone.

And while you'll never have a perfect forum, that doesn't mean you should just allow harassment. The game character isn't a real thing. When you are attacking a game character, you are attacking the person behind it. You might not be able to see their face, but that doesn't mean that they don't experience the emotions behind it. Including, frustration at the game, and possibly quitting. Why should PWI allow you to run off their customers for your own personal amusement?

sontzu wrote: »
    If you add Asterelle's two main posting account counts together...

I am just teasing you guys, you know I love you reallyb:cute

Actually, they are up there! Yea, I guess you could say my post account is a might bit excessive. Guilty as charged! Heh. :D

• Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Because your wrong...

your total lack of agression and desire for conflict is why your wrong..and why the forums now are a wasteland

this is not real world..this is a game..and people play games to be good guys and bad guys..to let loose

Your trying to tell people how they should think in reguards to a game...its there time

Why do you think this game is on a steady decline ? think the forums being white washed have nothing to do with this decline ?

Keep putting your head in the sand...im sure that will fix things evintually..

Fact is there are a bunch of middle aged or older forums Moms here..and they will not allow any of there kids to act up...problem is gamers dont want more moms..or rules..or your forced oppinions on what works and doesnt work

How is your oppinion on what keeps a forum active any more valid than mine ?

Im not argueing forums rules with you anyway..Mods cant change anything..you`ve told me before that if i do not agree with said rules i should try to change them'

This is the first CM in a long time...and the first topic in reguards to the very issues and im here passing my oppinion on to CM because i hope some of these rules are changed .or slacked to a degree..

You agreeing with me or not has no bearing on this topic.you jumping to protect the mods has no bearing as this is not an attack agianst them..only the powers they wield and the overabundance with which they wield them
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014

your total lack of agression and desire for conflict is why your wrong..and why the forums now are a wasteland

If game is wasteland, then forum is not better.

I have post count more than you and ?

I not play because this game is free to play, what mean:
    free to try, pay to play.

And because even in pve server players forced to pvp (Nation wars one of the sources of income).

Don't blame mods (players, like yourself) in your bad moon.

Arc not help too...

Each new update something new for pay to play players, not for players, like me.
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    your right toliman..but dont give up bud

I have helped many people merch for there rank9..it takes about 6 months from scratch and is very possible with no cash

Please dont give up on the game bud..it truely is F2P..its just most of the info is hidden..there are ways to farm coin...ways to merch and get what u want...its not hard

Come to harshlands.. i will personally try to help you Merch..once you learn how to buy/sell..this game gets alot more fun
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    There is a limit to how far you can allow anyone to go..hence the need for Mods in the first place

alot of people can not argue back and forth without it degradeing into abusive digs

not all rules are bad and not every single tread lock or deletion was unwarrented

i want to give an example..for this i will make up two charecter names..Bob..and Chuck..theres represent no real charecters (even if there are Bobs n Chucks out there)

Ok Chuck is the leader of a TW faction..Bob is Chucks 2nd in command , one day Bob finds out..that Chuck is actually the alt of another TW factions leader

mind you a competeing TW faction... so Bob trys to warn people that two whole factions of players(300+people) are being controlled by 1 person playing multiple accounts and these people are being used

Ofc Chuck being the leader of both faction in actuallity had Forums admin rights on both factions forums..and can prevent Bob from ever posting this info or SS

so Bob trys to come to these forums..and warn people..even with proof..like a SS

SS are deleted..post is deleted for name/shame..nothing ever changes..slowly people figure it out alone..and quit the game in droves..

time goes by with this becomeing the status qoe..those abuseing the system love the fact that nothing can be mentioned on the forums..

when nothing can be broached...nothing results..is there room for abuse here..yes.

cant post SS here. and even SS are not considered real proof as most know SS can be faked..

So what stops this abuse..the abuse of the system by people good at hidding behind these implaced rules..nothing
    and thats driven more people away from this game than anything else

There have been many "events" like this in the past.. where a couple days arguement on these forums could have prevented the fall of competition and fair play..

there is no way to put this type of issue out there..and simply reporting this stuff leads to nothing as proving anything in this game is impossible..even IP traceing isnt possible as anyone can have internet service from cable and satelite.

So to save one persons questionable name you drive off the 300+ people he was abuseing and useing in game...this can not be the intended goals of these forums rules.

This type of stuff is what has killed and is killing Our game...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    In that case, that's where Bob would submit a ticket including his screenshots, because what he has witnessed is against the rules.

To warn faction members, you could easily PM people when they are in game and get them to help spread the word. These forums are not the place to bring up stuff like that and no GM attention is generally attained by people posting problems here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    No its simply a mass place for people to find out a possible truth..and its always stiffled

there is no policeing the intentions of others...if enough people were talking about it on forums enough reputable long term community players... it would police itself

asking someone to remember and pm every member of both factions..or to go to a GM and hope for a banning or for them to fix things months down the road is knee jerk reactionary responces and solves or prevents little abuse.

If it worked..i`d leave it alone..it just doesnt work..GM responce is not fast enough..and the ability to prove multi account ussage is near impossible...months of resources would be needed to investigate and thats why its never done..why waste those resources and Gm`s..when 25-50% of the trusted people of both factions talk it over for a week or two..it would solve itself..and not drag down the server in a constant bidding to Ticket the other guy
This discussion has been closed.