Community Update [May]

Options

Comments

• Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Indeed. However, I suspect this: while there are forums, there will be qqers, and they will always find a reason to complain about something although tbh, in pwi it isn't hard to find something...
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    People still pushing for the FCC restriction need to get over it already.

Indeed. However, I suspect this: while there are forums, there will be qqers, and they will always find a reason to complain about something although tbh, in pwi it isn't hard to find something...

the FCC restriction is not over till we say it is. Valiance said he'd do tests on the pwrlvling to see what the results would be, then he would take into consideration bout a possible hyper restriction. Do you guys always keep coming back saying that: FCC restriction wont happen, it would ruin any possible new players, its over and done with so just accept it. Well i got news for you two, you both are Dead Wrong. Since valiance left without a possible word to us regarding the ff restriction, the possible solution now falls under the new CM. so in this case it would be up to sparkie to find out the problem and possibly come up with a solution.

2nd of all, id like to also bring up the unbalance of nation wars with the spawnkilling addition.
    Spawnkilling is nothing more than a childish tactic for those that think that winning is everything. There is a way around spawnkilling/spawncamping if players were smart instead of being stupid idiots. The spawnkilling/camping issue also needs to be addresses as much as the unbalaned sides in nw. We've heard and read plenty of possible ideas to balance out nation wars and one of em was to enter individually and then squad up. Another possible idea was to give everyone who entered nw to be givin a balanced gear set and it would be decided on based on skills rather than gear.

A 3rd possible idea to solve this problem is to either increase the time on the immunity bubble and or make the spawn areas a safe zone that is timed so no one can enter in it once the timer is up, when a player gets killed and it sends em back to the spawn area then the timer resets. Otherwise anything coming from the outside cant atk or come in.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    the FCC restriction is not over till we say it is. Valiance said he'd do tests on the pwrlvling to see what the results would be, then he would take into consideration bout a possible hyper restriction. Do you guys always keep coming back saying that: FCC restriction wont happen, it would ruin any possible new players, its over and done with so just accept it. Well i got news for you two, you both are Dead Wrong. Since valiance left without a possible word to us regarding the ff restriction, the possible solution now falls under the new CM. so in this case it would be up to sparkie to find out the problem and possibly come up with a solution.

2nd of all, id like to also bring up the unbalance of nation wars with the spawnkilling addition.
    Spawnkilling is nothing more than a childish tactic for those that think that winning is everything. There is a way around spawnkilling/spawncamping if players were smart instead of being stupid idiots. The spawnkilling/camping issue also needs to be addresses as much as the unbalaned sides in nw. We've heard and read plenty of possible ideas to balance out nation wars and one of em was to enter individually and then squad up. Another possible idea was to give everyone who entered nw to be givin a balanced gear set and it would be decided on based on skills rather than gear.

A 3rd possible idea to solve this problem is to either increase the time on the immunity bubble and or make the spawn areas a safe zone that is timed so no one can enter in it once the timer is up, when a player gets killed and it sends em back to the spawn area then the timer resets. Otherwise anything coming from the outside cant atk or come in.

I agree with many other people...restricting FC will just discourage new players and make other players just not care to play anymore.

Spawnkilling isnt ever going to stop they will always find a way to spawnkill but there are ways around it..like not going to NW or leaving a battle you are being spawn killed in. Any change like the ones you proposed have to come from PWC im sure and we all know how long that takes. Spawn killing has been going on for so long now and people STILL QQ about it in world chat like it really is going to make a difference or stop it....it wont. There is still spawn killing in TW...if they havent fixed that so it cant happen what makes you think they will stop it in NW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Valiance said he'd do tests on the pwrlvling to see what the results would be, then he would take into consideration bout a possible hyper restriction.
    V4l is gone. Probably because he took player concerns to management, though obviously that's just my cynical guess

Well i got news for you two, you both are Dead Wrong.
    You have some evidence of this? An official post saying otherwise?

Since valiance left without a possible word to us regarding the ff restriction, the possible solution now falls under the new CM. so in this case it would be up to sparkie to find out the problem and possibly come up with a solution.

Only if he wants to. Embrace reality.

Spawnkilling is nothing more than a childish tactic for those that think that winning is everything.
    Agreed.

There is a way around spawnkilling/spawncamping if players were smart instead of being stupid idiots. The spawnkilling/camping issue also needs to be addresses as much as the unbalaned sides in nw. We've heard and read plenty of possible ideas to balance out nation wars and one of em was to enter individually and then squad up. Another possible idea was to give everyone who entered nw to be givin a balanced gear set and it would be decided on based on skills rather than gear.
    Will never happen. Those with o/p gear, whether they csed or farmed it, would raise such a collective QQ that even pwcn would be able to hear it.

Extended timer may be feasible for immunity, making the spawn areas a safe zone less so I think (from a coding pov).

My experience with pwi suggests to me that little or nothing will be done regarding any of these issues... b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hi friend, Valiance isn't a CM anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. This "issue" was swept under the rug, where it rightfully belonged.

Full speed ahead.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

What? How does anyone spawnkill someone who is immune? You spawn with partial buffs, a full spark, and immunity. It's not like you suffer penalties for dying like in TW where you cant do anything after you res. You spawn with full ability to kill others, kite, or defend yourself and if you choose to stand completely still and not do anything at all for the entire duration of your immunity then it is you who are the idiot. Why would anyone who isn't an afk alt have problems with "spawnkilling" in NW? Sometimes dying has even proved beneficial for me as I was provided with free teleport close to the enemy flag runner, am protected from the flag runner's guards because of long duration immunity, and am able to kill them/catch them. The only drawback of dieing in Nation Wars is that you lose your respawns.

The real childish tactic in Nation Wars is when people hop into multiple territories; jumping into one and then immediately leaving to another one just to open more battles for the only purpose of trapping people in those fights and preventing them from reaching tough battles that need assistance (which could potentially provide worthwhile fights, which is the only reason I even NW in the first place)
    There is nothing I hate more in NW than wasting my time in a stupid PvE battle with no opponents when all I am trying to do is find even fights.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What? How does anyone spawnkill someone who is immune? You spawn with partial buffs, a full spark, and immunity. It's not like you suffer penalties for dying like in TW where you cant do anything after you res. You spawn with full ability to kill others, kite, or defend yourself and if you choose to stand completely still and not do anything at all for the entire duration of your immunity then it is you who are the idiot. Why would anyone who isn't an afk alt have problems with "spawnkilling" in NW? Sometimes dying has even proved beneficial for me as I was provided with free teleport close to the enemy flag runner, am protected from the flag runner's guards because of long duration immunity, and am able to kill them/catch them. The only drawback of dieing in Nation Wars is that you lose your respawns.

The real childish tactic in Nation Wars is when people hop into multiple territories; jumping into one and then immediately leaving to another one just to open more battles for the only purpose of trapping people in those fights and preventing them from reaching tough battles that need assistance (which could potentially provide worthwhile fights, which is the only reason I even NW in the first place)
    There is nothing I hate more in NW than wasting my time in a stupid PvE battle with no opponents when all I am trying to do is find even fights.

That hit the nail on the head so hard....so very hard. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options

The real childish tactic in Nation Wars is when people hop into multiple territories; jumping into one and then immediately leaving to another one just to open more battles for the only purpose of trapping people in those fights and preventing them from reaching tough battles that need assistance

You should probably read The Art of War by Sun Tzu. If these tactics help a nation to victory over the other 3, or even just to improve their position, then it clearly would be clever and calculating rather than childish. Just because other people choose to play NW to win the most rewards doesn't make them childish, just maybe a bit over-competitive...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It wont make any harm to restrict FC to 75+. Leveling there is a joke now anyway.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I fail to see how battle hopping is childish but spawn camping by a group players (unless the person being camped significantly outgears the people camping them) isn't. Both are tactics that can sometimes disrupt people to getting to more even battles, both kill the fun for the person on the receiving end, and both are easy to change by going elsewhere on the map. Even if we all have our preferences on one or the other, the two are both equally "legitimate" but annoying. Personally I find spawn camping more childish since it's usually when the the other opponent is already defeated anyway, that it's at at all really possible. Although if the person is afk, I find the afk alts the worst and will totally kill them out when I see them. >> But we all have our different reactions and views on either tactic. And you can always just leave that particular battle. >>

I'm gonna assume people are referring to when you really can't do much about it, and not as they happen to be running to their flag and/or not just one dude killing you. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I guess I'm glad I never go to Nation War(occurs always when I'm at work).
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It wont make any harm to restrict FC to 75+. Leveling there is a joke now anyway.

This.

@sparkiesoft

Welcome to the ever ongoing FC debate that has plagued the forums for years.

@MODs

All I an say is, good luck to you guys. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Personally I find spawn camping more childish since it's usually when the the other opponent is already defeated anyway, that it's at at all really possible. Although if the person is afk, I find the afk alts the worst and will totally kill them out when I see them. >> But we all have our different reactions and views on either tactic. And you can always just leave that particular battle. >>

I'm gonna assume people are referring to when you really can't do much about it, and not as they happen to be running to their flag and/or not just one dude killing you. >>

Spawn "camping" may be upsetting to some people, but battle hopping is far worse.

All the time spent having to just get through the battle is a far greater setback/annoyance than dieing near you spawn when the cards are stacked in your favor. Anyway, if you really are unable to do anything about the "spawn camping" it generally means that your side was royally screwed anyway and the battle is not even worth your time. You can and should just leave.

The battle hopping issue is not so easily solved. Good battles tend to be scarce, few and far between. Imagine the disappointment when you go through a long travel time to try to reach a good battle only to get trapped in a battle that wasn't going to be fought in the first place. Your only options are to spend your time winning the stupid empty battle or endure a long travel time to the next good battle and hope someone else doesn't do the same. It's a far greater setback that takes a lot more time to deal with.

Sadly people cry more when they die near their spawn in a PVP event because they don't know how to use their resources properly. I can understand why people cry about spawn camping in TW because when you respawn, charm ticked, apoth down, genie down, and helpless, there isn't anything you can do but move quickly, although I personally have never complained about or had a problem with being spawn killed in TW.
    In NW It's like a free pass to kill would be "spawn killers" when you die. Often I find the position to be advantageous, and smart people usually don't stick within range of me right after I spawn, unless the battle is a complete loss for my side...in which case I'm probably still there only for the challenge.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Spawn "camping" may be upsetting to some people, but battle hopping is far worse.

All the time spent having to just get through the battle is a far greater setback/annoyance than dieing near you spawn when the cards are stacked in your favor. Anyway, if you really are unable to do anything about the "spawn camping" it generally means that your side was royally screwed anyway and the battle is not even worth your time. You can and should just leave.

The battle hopping issue is not so easily solved. Good battles tend to be scarce, few and far between. Imagine the disappointment when you go through a long travel time to try to reach a good battle only to get trapped in a battle that wasn't going to be fought in the first place. Your only options are to spend your time winning the stupid empty battle or endure a long travel time to the next good battle and hope someone else doesn't do the same. It's a far greater setback that takes a lot more time to deal with.

Sadly people cry more when they die near their spawn in a PVP event because they don't know how to use their resources properly. I can understand why people cry about spawn camping in TW because when you respawn, charm ticked, apoth down, genie down, and helpless, there isn't anything you can do but move quickly, although I personally have never complained about or had a problem with being spawn killed in TW.
    In NW It's like a free pass to kill would be "spawn killers" when you die. Often I find the position to be advantageous, and smart people usually don't stick within range of me right after I spawn, unless the battle is a complete loss for my side...in which case I'm probably still there only for the challenge.

I understand how that can feel. I've been on my way to battles that looked promising only for someone to activate the adjacent territory before I can even get there and then force me to either waste time with an empty battle or go around. I'm not denying it sucks. Because it does. It eats at your contribution, is incredibly boring, and stops the momentum and fun. But I find the spawn camping to be far more annoying personally, it takes all the fun out of the fight. Far more to me, than just waiting a few minutes. Perhaps because there are more people with average/pve gear than there are r9s, I don't finding even battles as hard to come by. They aren't few and far between for me, whereas if you're r999, I'd imagine the number of really even fights you get would be fewer and you'd have to actively hunt down other squads.

OTOH because of my average gear, it does make spawn camping a big issue. As I simply don't have as much HP to work with, so spawn camping is a more effective tactic than for someone with competitive gear in the first place. Even when the people doing the camping is evenly geared as me. The fact of the matter is, the less HP you have, the more vulnerable you are to spawn camping. You also have the added frustration of getting a fantastic battle that's going super evenly, and you don't know whose gonna win, and both sides are giving it their all. The kind of even, intense battles that can last the whole twenty minutes and are an absolute blast and make nation wars completely worth it. And then in comes a r999 squad and you're either rolled or get rolled, and there goes the fun. So I can see why someone would try to protect that type of fight from interference.

The fact of the matter is that both tactics are rather unsavory, and can be very frustrating. But the degree to which they are frustrating is going to be different based on your gear, how much PVP you are able to engage in on a regular basis anyway, and your personal view of the issue. I don't think either side is right or wrong.

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I'm sure making it even more of a pain for new players to get into the game will make the game more attractive to them. /sarcasm
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I understand how that can feel. I've been on my way to battles that looked promising only for someone to activate the adjacent territory before I can even get there and then force me to either waste time with an empty battle or go around. I'm not denying it sucks. Because it does. It eats at your contribution, is incredibly boring, and stops the momentum and fun. But I find the spawn camping to be far more annoying personally, it takes all the fun out of the fight. Far more to me, than just waiting a few minutes. Perhaps because there are more people with average/pve gear than there are r9s, I don't finding even battles as hard to come by. They aren't few and far between for me, whereas if you're r999, I'd imagine the number of really even fights you get would be fewer and you'd have to actively hunt down other squads.

OTOH because of my average gear, it does make spawn camping a big issue. As I simply don't have as much HP to work with, so spawn camping is a more effective tactic than for someone with competitive gear in the first place. Even when the people doing the camping is evenly geared as me. The fact of the matter is, the less HP you have, the more vulnerable you are to spawn camping. You also have the added frustration of getting a fantastic battle that's going super evenly, and you don't know whose gonna win, and both sides are giving it their all. The kind of even, intense battles that can last the whole twenty minutes and are an absolute blast and make nation wars completely worth it. And then in comes a r999 squad and you're either rolled or get rolled, and there goes the fun. So I can see why someone would try to protect that type of fight from interference.

The fact of the matter is that both tactics are rather unsavory, and can be very frustrating. But the degree to which they are frustrating is going to be different based on your gear, how much PVP you are able to engage in on a regular basis anyway, and your personal view of the issue. I don't think either side is right or wrong.

Then thats a gear issue, not a tactical issue. On equal gear term, battle hopping is more costly.
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sometimes TW only gets "real" when the map becomes full. Otherwise in 4 months the chances of the power factions being close to each other on the map is not that high. Some of the most entertaining tw i've seen is when 2 factions backs are against the wall. So to say they are in a "crowded" situation with no other options.

Say there are top 5 strength factions on a server.

#1 controls 40% of the map
    #2 controls 40% of the map

#3 #4 #5 are fighting over the last 20% in a drag out epic fight.

For TW reward i want Dominance cape, the forum mods got it as a reward so it must not be game breaking. b:victory

EDIT: Remember the changes to tw, The attacking faction is supposed to get a buff, stronger when the defending faction owns more lands than the attacker. This kind of is a "slingshot" for tw, in 4 months one faction cannot take many lands, in one year they can have a lot more lands. The 4 month thing might really detract from the "slingshot" mechanic they are implementing, potentially nullifying it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When PWI needs more mods, they put out a thread asking for player volunteers. ATM the forums are their usual lull this time of year. In addition there was a dip in players posting after back to back exodus from forums and/or in-game because of arc and the orb problem, so it is unlikely that we'll get more mods right now. That being said, that's completely up to Sparkie and he could ask for more mods anytime he pleases. As well as strip mods of their mod powers at any time.

Likely mentioned before, but the forums isn't the place more manpower is needed right now. On Morai there's still a ton of folk using bots other then autocultivation (doing tasks like automatic mining, automatic selling of farmed loot, automatic resurrection upon death and the likes) - I'm going to assume other servers have similar problems. Also, I know a lot of players are not honoring the "max 2 accounts simultaneously" rule - running either a bazillion cats, or a private little TT squad. I've tried reporting the bot-cheaters via the ticketing system, but thus far, no action has been taken against any of them, and they still all exist in game. That is rather frustrating for a player like myself who wants to play by the rules - by doing so I'm automatically at a disadvantage in 2 ways: I can not generate as much coin as the cheaters, and the cheaters drive the prices of tokens and cashshop gold up.

It's nice to put an effort into cleaning the game up. But kindly follow through with that into the game itself.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Then thats a gear issue, not a tactical issue. On equal gear term, battle hopping is more costly.

Arguable, since battle hopping is an effective way to raise tokens which is why people bring their alts. The primary problem with both is that they kill the fun. And no two players are going to have the same fun.

It's both. Equal gear doesn't automatically mean r999. If a couple of groups of g16 are fighting each other, then they are evenly matched for one another. However, it's going to be different than two groups on both sides of r999s. A g16 person likely has less defense than a r999 so are more susceptible to focus fire, making camping an effective tactic if enemy groups get in first. Let's face it that's the reason people do it, it can be an effective strategy. In addition for example, they don't have the same procs. However those two groups of player are capable of having even battles that last 20 minutes as well. And they also want to find each other and have these long lasting fun battles, just as much as the other person. Because who wins or not is not going to be based on gear differences, but on tactics.

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Also, I know a lot of players are not honoring the "max 2 accounts simultaneously" rule - running either a bazillion cats, or a private little TT squad

According to me some rules are clearly outdated or without any sense. Do you see a lot of people seeking for TT squads ? Most (if not all) the people who farm TT do it solo or maybe in duo. Still you need four people to open so you have to bother a friend or pay someone just to open the instance (and those people need to come in).
    I think they should limit to two mandatory openers and maybe do the same for GV.

But I agree with you regarding people running a lot of bots and/or unofficial ones. Near the location where my sin is botting I always see the same people farming herbs all day long. I can't have any proof but obviously this is not someone doing it the normal way. But I don't expect PWE to do anything except maybe one day improve their auto-cultivation system to allow "official bots" to farm mats as well b:surrender
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I'm sure making it even more of a pain for new players to get into the game will make the game more attractive to them. /sarcasm

This type of reply I have never understood.

For one thing, new players to the game will have never experienced FF, and if it was restricted before they started playing they won't even know what they were missing. Lots of instances and even areas are level restricted, and it would just add to that list of things they will eventually get to experience.

And secondly, the game has changed so dramatically that levelling for new players is stupidly easy. You can get to 40 in a few hours, if that, just with quests and all the free junk they throw at you. Then you get BHs tossed in and things zoom by. The only time I really found it started slowing down was in the 70s when you start hitting the quests they didn't revamp.

The only people that would really care about this change would be people that don't want to bother questing to level alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The real thing is that neither spawn killing NOR battle hopping will ever change...unless PWE finds some way to actually stop this...which is UNLIKELY it will never change...so honestly discussing it is a mute point...there are always going to be people on both sides of the fence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Arguable, since battle hopping is an effective way to raise tokens which is why people bring their alts. The primary problem with both is that they kill the fun. And no two players are going to have the same fun.

It's both. Equal gear doesn't automatically mean r999. If a couple of groups of g16 are fighting each other, then they are evenly matched for one another. However, it's going to be different than two groups on both sides of r999s. A g16 person likely has less defense than a r999 so are more susceptible to focus fire, making camping an effective tactic if enemy groups get in first. Let's face it that's the reason people do it, it can be an effective strategy. In addition for example, they don't have the same procs. However those two groups of player are capable of having even battles that last 20 minutes as well. And they also want to find each other and have these long lasting fun battles, just as much as the other person. Because who wins or not is not going to be based on gear differences, but on tactics.

You are either saying that G16's getting camped by R999 somehow disproves that it's a gear issue, or you are saying that a group of IMMUNE, recently respawned G16 somehow cannot hold their own against a group of g16's who isn't enjoying the benefit of having just respawned, which on top of being untrue (provided the respawners arent idiots) is also somehow supposed to disprove that it's a gear issue. Neither of them are helping your argument. I know you are trying to be nuetral and thoughtful and inclusive, because that's kind of your thing, but some things just need to be called as they are.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You are either saying that G16's getting camped by R999 somehow disproves that it's a gear issue, or you are saying that a group of IMMUNE, recently respawned G16 somehow cannot hold their own against a group of g16's who isn't enjoying the benefit of having just respawned, which on top of being untrue (provided the respawners arent idiots) is also somehow supposed to disprove that it's a gear issue. Neither of them are helping your argument. I know you are trying to be nuetral and thoughtful and inclusive, because that's kind of your thing, but some things just need to be called as they are.

Oh I'm not denying that it's gear related. I try to inclusive of everyone's viewpoints but I'm not an idiot. I was just saying it's also a tactic. Sorry I didn't make that really clear. What I mean is that for a certain bracket of players in the lower tiers of gear, even when evenly matched, this tactic works on them. I mean I know some of them are idiots because I've escaped from spawns with lesser gear than the people whining about it....but not always. I think it wouldn't be as popular if it did not work. I mean it strongly depends on PVP experience of course as well, and whether or not they are in a squad. So there are many reasons why this particular tactic is deployed against people of a certain gear. But it's so prevalent because it works so well. Extra credits gave the example of what I'm trying to say....when it came to just spamming Chun Li's kicks in Street Fighter. You'll beat the levels, unlock some stuff, and help you win. But it's not an advanced technique and will not work against anyone who is a pro. Spawn Camping is much of the same. It doesn't require much skill, and helps you win battles against certain types of opponents.

But you know, in terms of costs, it is certainly arguable which group is hurt more. I know there are people who have quit nation wars because of the spawn camping issue. It's clearly upsetting. It's disruptive to their fun, so they quit. I don't know as many who have quit altogether because of battle hopping. It all really depends on your P.O.V. I guess.

• Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thanks for this update. Please let us know more as you do.

I am currently not even playing PWI until these issues are fixed, but I am still hopeful that they will be.

Fix the DQ system adequately, and reset the damn maps. I DO like the idea of every 4 months. I think it would be splendid. It allows more wiggle room for smaller guilds to play in TW, which can never be a bad thing.

I am also voting for server merges. The playerbase is dwindling hard, and merging the servers would be a major thrill for the game. We've all been playing the same game for so long now, it's time we mingle, lol.

If I could be granted one wish for pwi it would be to bring back active, friendly GMs to the game.

"A new day is upon us." In bright red text every morning.

GMs fighting with the world chatters in red text before maintenance.

GMs randomly appearing in front of west archo, lost city, etc. randomly throughout the day- carrying noobs, dueling randoms. Chatting. Spawning mobs inside archo for fun. Randomly spawning into your TTs/dungeons to see what you were doing and be generally funny. (Happened pretty often actually.)

It was the most fun I've seen in ages when a few months ago a GM unequipped and equipped their cape, which made their HP go poof- and several clerics and mystics sat for dozens of minutes spamming heals to get them to full HP- then wasting Eyes of Observation to make SURE it was full. Which is sad because the GM wasn't even talking to us.

Just funny stuff that we used to do when the game was young. We miss that. It showed us the evil overlords cared.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hi friend, Valiance isn't a CM anymore. Hasn't been for a long time. This "issue" was swept under the rug, where it rightfully belonged.

Full speed ahead.
    Valiance was looking into this issue before he left. He then took a position at another company (he was NOT fired as some suggest, and I have the PM from him to prove it). Therefore it falls to the new CM to pick it up.

Unfortunately for your personal preferences, this is an issue whether you approve of it or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Oh I'm not denying that it's gear related. I try to inclusive of everyone's viewpoints but I'm not an idiot. I was just saying it's also a tactic. Sorry I didn't make that really clear. What I mean is that for a certain bracket of players in the lower tiers of gear, even when evenly matched, this tactic works on them. I mean I know some of them are idiots because I've escaped from spawns with lesser gear than the people whining about it....but not always. I think it wouldn't be as popular if it did not work. I mean it strongly depends on PVP experience of course as well, and whether or not they are in a squad. So there are many reasons why this particular tactic is deployed against people of a certain gear. But it's so prevalent because it works so well. Extra credits gave the example of what I'm trying to say....when it came to just spamming Chun Li's kicks in Street Fighter. You'll beat the levels, unlock some stuff, and help you win. But it's not an advanced technique and will not work against anyone who is a pro. Spawn Camping is much of the same. It doesn't require much skill, and helps you win battles against certain types of opponents.

But you know, in terms of costs, it is certainly arguable which group is hurt more. I know there are people who have quit nation wars because of the spawn camping issue. It's clearly upsetting. It's disruptive to their fun, so they quit. I don't know as many who have quit altogether because of battle hopping. It all really depends on your P.O.V. I guess.

So to paraphrase what you said minus the sugarcoating(too much sugar makes us all fat): Spawn camping very much hurts the feelings of idiots.

Why does that need to be everyone else's problem? If someone is stupid in PvE and doesn't know what they are doing, is highly resistant to any kind of learning, and dies stupidly over and over as a result, that's their fault and after a certain point/amount of effort to teach them, no one is going to pity the fool when they get angry at everyone else when they themselves aren't making any kind of effort to improve their own situation/knowledge.
    So why is this not true in a PvP scenario? Where is this sense of entitlement coming from? When all conceivable tools to avoid being spawn camped are provided for free, yet no action or opportunity is taken on their part, it is not anyone else's responsibility to hold their hand and skip alongside them as they knuckle-drag themselves around.

Even if you were to implement an anti-spawn camp feature such as a safezone, those same people would then complain about safezone camping.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So to paraphrase what you said minus the sugarcoating(too much sugar makes us all fat): Spawn camping very much hurts the feelings of idiots.

Why does that need to be everyone else's problem? If someone is stupid in PvE and doesn't know what they are doing, is highly resistant to any kind of learning, and dies stupidly over and over as a result, that's their fault and after a certain point/amount of effort to teach them, no one is going to pity the fool when they get angry at everyone else when they themselves aren't making any kind of effort to improve their own situation/knowledge.
    So why is this not true in a PvP scenario? Where is this sense of entitlement coming from? When all conceivable tools to avoid being spawn camped are provided for free, yet no action or opportunity is taken on their part, it is not anyone else's responsibility to hold their hand and skip alongside them as they knuckle-drag themselves around.

Even if you were to implement an anti-spawn camp feature such as a safezone, those same people would then complain about safezone camping.

I wouldn't say they are idiots....Nation Wars is a a bit different in that it's environment in which the most inexperienced player is pitted against the most advanced player in the game as opponents in a competition. And it's a farming instance. There is nothing wrong with balancing for skill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EitZRLt2G3w <--That's a video about it. And I'm really not sure what PWI could do about either issue, to be perfectly honest. Make the map smaller and you have to deal with locking again, let people just battle anywhere they want and people would probably exploit it. >> I don't think making it a safe zone is the right idea. Although perhaps if they did make it a small safe zone and monitor your time spent there, they could maybe kick out some of these AFK alts.

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    According to me some rules are clearly outdated or without any sense. Do you see a lot of people seeking for TT squads ? Most (if not all) the people who farm TT do it solo or maybe in duo. Still you need four people to open so you have to bother a friend or pay someone just to open the instance (and those people need to come in).
    I think they should limit to two mandatory openers and maybe do the same for GV.

But I agree with you regarding people running a lot of bots and/or unofficial ones. Near the location where my sin is botting I always see the same people farming herbs all day long. I can't have any proof but obviously this is not someone doing it the normal way. But I don't expect PWE to do anything except maybe one day improve their auto-cultivation system to allow "official bots" to farm mats as well b:surrender

If it's outdated and no longer an actual rule they should simply drop it from the frontpage. Then I'll set up a farming colony consisting of 8-16 sins running on a VMWare server or sumsuch as well and farm my way to R9 in a few weeks. The only thing that's stopped me thus far is that rule - folk who don't deem that rule relevant likely have such colonies running. And thus have an unfair advantage over me.

If you make rules, enforce them. Otherwise what's the point... Speaking of which, you're botting with a sin? Don't you already have 2 Psy's hitting the Sharpfaing Araneids? Often see them both out there on my cleric...
    [Edit]Thanks for pointing that out - wasn't you. Got confused with someone with a very similar name.

As for spawncamping, at both TW and NW... Just put a nice little fully immune debuff tower at both ends that throws an AOE paralyse every 2 seconds for a second or so, so that any git who does want to spawncamp, is seeing (unpurifyable) stars for half the time he's doing it, and has no chance in hell to raise a channeling AOE. Someone wandering in by misstake can clear out as soon as the debuff has worn off.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
This discussion has been closed.