Community Update [May]

Options

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    dand007 wrote: »
    ... some quest that you have removed that when you hit 100 you got and it gave you a free 79 skill or 100skill and i was wondering why you guys took that way. it was in the line or the mulberry quest as well.

They haven't taken that away, it's just a different quest now that starts at the PWI Promotions agent. It even gives the Mulberry's Aid title, so that one isn't lost either.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This will probably get deleted now based on the new guidelines of what the mods can now delete

-snip-

Fun fact #1: We've always had permission and the ability to do that. We merely refrained from doing so because we didn't want to censor people... even if we completely disliked and/or disagreed with them. This change is simply changing it from something we can do to a forum policy we will enforce.

Fun fact #2: In most cases where people start a post the way you did, it's because they know they're doing something they shouldn't and that if appropriate action is taken, they get to look like a martyr. If you truly believed you had a valid opinion and constructive post, you wouldn't have felt the need to open like that and you're fully aware of it.

Also, those are some rather interesting accusations. I'd love to have some proof or examples (via PM. We don't need to derail this thread) that are relevant to our current mods. Because I've seen (and discussed with the other mods) PLENTY of posts and threads where we vehemently disliked or felt displeasure with them... and yet chose to exclude ourselves from them, leave it to another moderator to perform any action necessary while only participating in regular discussion, or even decided to simply leave it to an acting CM to handle it because we didn't feel we should let our personal bias cloud our judgement. So if you're going to make an accusation like that, I'd love to see actual evidence or be given a solid reference on what to look for since I can SEE those deleted posts/threads and the reasons behind it while you.. at best... can only guess about why a thread was removed. However, as I said, that's a topic for PM and I would be quite interested in having it continue there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello all,

It dawned on me this morning that we should have a monthly update, so to speak, of what's to come regarding changes/updates to PWI. So I decided to start this thread, and hope I can do one each month if time permits.

Forum Changes

Some of you may like this, others may not, but I want to make clear what exactly is changing so you don't panic. I have given full permission to the mods to depth/remove any thread or post that is deemed unhelpful, trolling, or non-constructive. You may be thinking now, "wait, are you censoring the forums!????" and the answer is no. I want you to be able to come to these forums and express your opinion, whether it be positive or negative. What I don't want, is clutter in the form of posts that benefit no one.

So what's an example of something that would get depth'd? "I hate everything, you guys changed what I like, you all suck!" This helps no one, and will be removed.

Here's how you can rephrase that so it doesn't get depth'd: "I really don't like this change, and here's why..."

By simply stating why you don't like the changes, you help me gather feedback that I can give to my boss, who can then talk to the Developers, to which we can possibly ask for a change/fix.

Again, this isn't to stop anyone from posting their opinion, it's to get people to start posting their opinion in a way that I can use it as feedback, to hopefully try and get things changed.

As a side note, this will only include the General section of the forums, along with Tech Support, Official Announcements, and Beginners Guides. Depending on how well it goes, I'll see about moving to other sub-threads.

DQ Rewards

Yes, yes I know this is a heavy topic. That said, I've been working with the team on how to best go about creating something similar, and will have more details as they come in. Saying that, we absolutely do plan on bringing this back in some way, shape, or form.

Events

As per one of my last posts, I am still coming up with a host of new events that we can hopefully run each month, more than once. It will take some time, but If you ever have an idea you can always PM me, and we can work on logistics.

Territory Wars Reset

This is coming, hopefully later in May. We have to do a great deal in order to streamline this, but once we do, we hope we can get it back on track for it's regular scheduled time. We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like. At any rate, for now it will still run the usual 6 months.

That's all I have for now, but if anything changes, or anything new comes, I'll be sure to update, and add to this thread.

Forum Changes[/B]

Instead of having more regulators checking the forums for this sort of stuff. Why not have more active in game moderators to deal with the issue. Most things end up on the forums as a result of the abuse and harassment they get on game. Dealing with the problem and not the effects is only way to really resolve this.
    Also could you not have a Greivance Forum where people can freely express their anger towards the consistant failings PWI has been experiencing lately? That way people can express what they like and if people are offended by whats been written, they shouldnt go in that forum.

Territory Wars Reset

The usual 6 months* Im sure its well past 6 months already so you really have nothing to compare this reset too. Keep it at 6 months, it works well enough as it is. it only causes problems when people plan for TWs on a reset, and then it doesnt come.. Factions end up losing members because they want to join new TW factions yet when there is no TW, they leave.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    DQ Rewards

As for the DQ System, I would personally like to see te DQ items obtainable via a system which cant be influenced by the auto cultivation system. I took great pride in having the mounts, fash and pets which i have grinded away for hours to acheive. Yet it seems like now someone can obtain this in just a few days of botting.

Nirvana, which used to be the pinnacle of the game and what people aspired to is now dead. Do something with this instance in regards to the DQ. I would have the bosses drop DQ cards or have the squad obtain a certain amount of DQ as a collective everytime the run is complete. For example, every complete run gets 1000 DQ points per person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Nirvana, which used to be the pinnacle of the game and what people aspired to is now dead. Do something with this instance in regards to the DQ. I would have the bosses drop DQ cards or have the squad obtain a certain amount of DQ as a collective everytime the run is complete. For example, every complete run gets 1000 DQ points per person.

Ew. **** no, we don't need the aps craze back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A few years too late with the forum anti-troll regulations..
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A few years too late with the forum anti-troll regulations..

Better late than never I suppose, heh.

As for everything else, I am fully aware of why people are upset, and they have every right to be. I understand you all have received little to no interaction, and that mainly stemmed from not having a CM for quite some time. I aim to change that, because you all do deserve better. It's not going to be easy, and it definitely won't happen overnight, but I've been working closely with our new PM, and he feels the same way I do.
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options

As for everything else, I am fully aware of why people are upset, and they have every right to be. I understand you all have received little to no interaction, and that mainly stemmed from not having a CM for quite some time. I aim to change that, because you all do deserve better. It's not going to be easy, and it definitely won't happen overnight, but I've been working closely with our new PM, and he feels the same way I do.

I would participate as being a CM if the position was there. Nothing better than working for the game i play almost 14hours a day when im not working xD
    Ew. **** no, we don't need the aps craze back.

Its not the aps craze.. Caster runs weren't aps runs. They would obviously have to rework the bosses to implicate this. Was only pitching an idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• Labells - Dreamweaver
    Labells - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Hi Sparkie,

It's great that both you and the PM are aligned with wanting to improve communication lines with the PWI community (as far as communities go yeah we're tough but you can't say we aren't loyal and passionate b:chuckle)

As far as events are concerned historically it has been a "US timezones only considered approach" which means anyone that happens to live at the bottom of the earth (don't worry we wear harnesses so we won't fall off) miss out on every single event when they are locked in to a 6pm -9pm US east or west coast timeframe. Are you planning on adjusting PWI's previous approaches to events and facilitate some events that are not time centric but rather 1 per day per toon centric?

In relation to the new DQ reward system can you confirm if the options PWI are currently considering are time centric or will be based on the old system where anyone on the server could participate in this particular facet of the game, ie not timezone based. I must admit my greatest fear is that you turn DQ & Event gold obtaining into a timezone event which would disadvantage a large portion of the player base and would be yet another cut in the thousand cuts of death anyone living outside of the US event time zone has experienced at pwi's hands over the last few years. Many of us have been extremely loyal to this game for many years and feel that PWI treats what they considered the "non core time zone players" of the game with disdain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • exacerbation7
    exacerbation7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello all,

It dawned on me this morning that we should have a monthly update, so to speak, of what's to come regarding changes/updates to PWI. So I decided to start this thread, and hope I can do one each month if time permits.

Forum Changes

Some of you may like this, others may not, but I want to make clear what exactly is changing so you don't panic. I have given full permission to the mods to depth/remove any thread or post that is deemed unhelpful, trolling, or non-constructive. You may be thinking now, "wait, are you censoring the forums!????" and the answer is no. I want you to be able to come to these forums and express your opinion, whether it be positive or negative. What I don't want, is clutter in the form of posts that benefit no one.

So what's an example of something that would get depth'd? "I hate everything, you guys changed what I like, you all suck!" This helps no one, and will be removed.

Here's how you can rephrase that so it doesn't get depth'd: "I really don't like this change, and here's why..."

By simply stating why you don't like the changes, you help me gather feedback that I can give to my boss, who can then talk to the Developers, to which we can possibly ask for a change/fix.

Again, this isn't to stop anyone from posting their opinion, it's to get people to start posting their opinion in a way that I can use it as feedback, to hopefully try and get things changed.

As a side note, this will only include the General section of the forums, along with Tech Support, Official Announcements, and Beginners Guides. Depending on how well it goes, I'll see about moving to other sub-threads.

DQ Rewards

Yes, yes I know this is a heavy topic. That said, I've been working with the team on how to best go about creating something similar, and will have more details as they come in. Saying that, we absolutely do plan on bringing this back in some way, shape, or form.

Events

As per one of my last posts, I am still coming up with a host of new events that we can hopefully run each month, more than once. It will take some time, but If you ever have an idea you can always PM me, and we can work on logistics.

Territory Wars Reset

This is coming, hopefully later in May. We have to do a great deal in order to streamline this, but once we do, we hope we can get it back on track for it's regular scheduled time. We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like. At any rate, for now it will still run the usual 6 months.

That's all I have for now, but if anything changes, or anything new comes, I'll be sure to update, and add to this thread.

Would love, Love, LOVE if TW reset every 4 months to have more TW factions, more meaningful battles and less stale maps. Please greatly consider implementing this! b:thanks
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The most annoying things of pwi at the moment are:

*No english based official EU forum!

*No english based EU Support (please get rid of that FR and DE support while the EU server is 80% english spoken)

*To early removal of the DQ system and no news about the estimated time when a new system is emplemented. (prices are going out of the roof in Morai server with COG'S/Do-all and everything else that involves Cube)

*The economy in EU morai it is destroying itself with the high gold prices and everything else. This is allso becouse of the removal of the DQ system way to early.

No EU morai english based facebook.

I know CM enelimm got her hands tied behind her back too becouse the main office wich is responceable in permitting us a english based support/facebook/EU forum.
  • Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I wish ya'll would do something about the bots, and i don't mean the official bot that stops when it dies/has no mobs in a certain, i mean the smart bots that when it gets killed - revives - heals - goes back to the same spot one. I run into those 80% of the time when i hunt for DQ drops.

Scratsh that i wish you'd enforce all your dam rules, get them to hire more support staff, lord knows PWE has the mone, heck. the money from HL alone could hire a few more faces.

because honestly i don't know a community that would stick around after all the BS that PW has done, both in-game and forum wise.
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
    edited May 2014
    Options

The lack of community interaction does hurt.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    DQ Rewards

As for the DQ System, I would personally like to see te DQ items obtainable via a system which cant be influenced by the auto cultivation system. I took great pride in having the mounts, fash and pets which i have grinded away for hours to acheive. Yet it seems like now someone can obtain this in just a few days of botting.

I have to agree that using DQ items now that botting is legal is a bad idea. Currently, Morai and areas with mobs that drop high level DQs are already overrun by bots, and it can be extremely irritating. Now imagine if a new DQ system was set up, and people realized that by sticking an alt somewhere to bot they could get free charms for NW or other useful items. What would we have? The map completely plastered with bots and people unable to complete their quests.

However, I disagree with the Nirvana idea. I, for one, found grinding relaxing and loved that I had a reason to grind. It gave me a goal to achieve. Since everything else in the game is squad based, grinding was my one time when I could do something alone and still be doing useful work. Since they took away card boss card drops and the DQ system, I have had no reason to grind and I dearly miss it. What I would suggest is to add the Earning Time feature that currently exists in Primal World to the bot, so that you could only get drops while in autocultivation mode for, say, an hour a day. Also, make a new channel (like story mode) in the normal world map just for bots so that the quest areas aren't overrun.

Nirvana was kind of fun back in the day but Caster was a lot of work with some squads, and wouldn't be worth it without huge rewards, and you are also limited in how often/when you can run them if you don't want to do BH that day. (Not to mention the fact that some classes are still left out, that don't fit in the APS or Caster category well.) I agree that they should revamp them somehow, but DQ rewards should be A) accessible to people under level 100 and B) accessible to people without the best gear that would find the instance difficult and extremely time-consuming. I'd prefer if they made the bosses award badges and drop molds like WS and Lunar, or maybe somehow award supply tokens for those that can't run NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Not a bad idea thou to make DQ farm a seperate storymode, and let players in the normal world complete there quests without a flood of running alt bots interferring them.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    One quick note to mention...Any changes to forum rules policy or updates in what a mod CAN consider deletable needs to made as an update to the actual forum rules policy thread before implemented. Putting a thread on ONE part of forums saying that you have updated what the mods can and cannot delete isnt right. You need to properly inform everyone and make sure they all know you have changed rules to allow mods to delete MORE things put on forums that they deem inappropriate. You said these rule changes will ONLY apply to specific threads which I suppose is fine but you still need to make sure all the threads effected are informed of this change with at least a sticky SPECIFICALLY mentioning said change. Just thought I would say this since i didnt notice anyone else opening up about that.

OPKossy wrote: »
    Also, those are some rather interesting accusations. I'd love to have some proof or examples (via PM. We don't need to derail this thread) that are relevant to our current mods. Because I've seen (and discussed with the other mods) PLENTY of posts and threads where we vehemently disliked or felt displeasure with them... and yet chose to exclude ourselves from them, leave it to another moderator to perform any action necessary while only participating in regular discussion, or even decided to simply leave it to an acting CM to handle it because we didn't feel we should let our personal bias cloud our judgement. So if you're going to make an accusation like that, I'd love to see actual evidence or be given a solid reference on what to look for since I can SEE those deleted posts/threads and the reasons behind it while you.. at best... can only guess about why a thread was removed. However, as I said, that's a topic for PM and I would be quite interested in having it continue there.

Its rather difficult to give examples of things that are no longer available to be given. I have witnessed first hand threads and posts getting deleted or closed for silly reasons when they didnt need to. I wont waste my time sending you a pm on the matter since it would be a one sided dead end conversation and tbh i just dont care enough about that anymore for it to matter. The fact that you snipped out only part of my post then also commented on another part you DIDNT quote shows you KNOW what im talking about and just wanted to stir up some kind of emotion in me over it, which isnt happening sorry. TBH i kinda feel like you were trying to troll me with your last post in response to mine but since youre a mod i guess thats ok?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    Options
    On the whole moderator thing... can't say I've ever seen any "abuse of power" and I've been here long enough(I never log into my veno) to have seen several moderator changes.

Well actually, there was one in particular I did not like because the person always had a chip on their shoulder in every topic but didn't do anything unethical.

Despite the harsh unreasonable community this can be some times and throughout the years, moderation has been patient and lenient.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    -snip for space-

We almost never delete threads, 99% of them are put into the lower depths rather than moved to admin view only. Different story with posts, but threads themselves are rarely deleted. If you have a thread in mind, it's almost certainly hidden in plain sight for anyone's viewing, anytime. Without being able to cite examples, you aren't giving us any kind of constructive criticism we can actually use to improve. Nor can Sparkie do anything with this complaint, since he has already addressed that non-constructive posts can be deleted, and you can't cite any specific examples of threads that should get a warning. Nevertheless, if you're going to make those types accusations about people, it isn't trolling you to ask for an example. Chances are, it wasn't closed for the reason you think. And a simple conversation with yourself and a moderator and/or the cm could resolve the issue or at least give you better perspective.

And if Kossy wanted to troll you, it wouldn't be by making a quote shorter.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And... Venus beats me to an answer before I get into this thread.

While pretty much stating what I wanted to say after reading the post.

Somehow, I'm not surprised. b:laugh

But, as I said in my post, we should take further discussion on that to PM rather than derail this thread.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    >Forum Changes
    I'm skeptical about this, but we'll see how that turns out.

>DQ Rewards

Just keep us posted on any developments if you can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    sparkie, id like to add something here too.

Before Valiance left pw, he was going to try to somehow implement a feature that would somehow control the FF pwrlvling side of things, but he left before he could possibly try to implement something to halt or slow powerlvling down. Heres some of the links to replies made concerning powerlvling and or squad play.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1430651

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1574841&highlight=powerlvling

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1630911

So the ultimate question remains, how can FF be lvl restricted when some new players and alot of players alts are just run through ff to get to end game when they have bypassed alot of the major content that pw released to begin with. So my suggestion is to lvl cap ff for those that have just started a new toon or are new to the game for the first time to go through the game like it originally was created to be. Even if it means putting a lvl cap on it for lvls 80+. Guess we'll see if something becomes of this heated topic.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Hello all,

Good idea to do this.
    Territory Wars Reset

I hope it stays at 6 months, or 6~8 months. I think 6 months gives a good balance between the interests of the small and the interests of the big factions.

Imo, the main issue with the delai of the current season is not it's lenght in itself, but simply that it was supposed to end without any information. Factions and players plan on the season period. That it lasted longer then foreseen and without info in advance, created some akward situation TW wise.

For example on Morai, several smaller factions have key members join the bigger TW factions when the map reaches the state of big TW factions. When the season is about to end and they are not in the winning faction, they go back to their own smaller faction to prepare the new season. Near April, they started to do that while there were still many battles left for the season. This reinforced the gap between the top faction and the possible competitors creating rather dull TW.

It's not really the duration itself that matters, but simply the visibility on the season's ending. I hope next time, there could simply be clearer information as early as possible on this.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sparkie:

I want to caution you strongly on your implementation of the "forum cleanup." PWI has a long-standing tradition of constructive criticism on these boards. Admittedly, non-constructive criticism is here as well, and that often makes up the lion's share of discourse. So while it's certainly reasonable to want to improve the signal-to-noise ratio around here, do so with extreme caution. You're essentially leaving this up to judgement calls from you and the mods, and there's no concrete system in place to prevent enforcement from ramping up to the point where it is censorship. To put it another way... even if you're noble enough to not abuse your power, you don't know that the next guy down the line will be as noble.

And while we're on the subject of signal-to-noise ratio, you may want to do something about the radio silence your superiors give us. We do notice. Many of us know full well that your job on some days is essentially spin and damage control. And while we (those of us who know what's going on, at least) don't fault you for that personally, we're not as enamored of the system which leaves you with that unpleasant, occasionally dishonest (and let's be fair, thankless) duty.

Arc is a perfect example of this - whether Arc itself was ill-advised or not, in the end, was irrelevant. Rather, if it left a bad taste in our mouths on its own, the fact that our only outlet for voicing grievances was the spin-and-damage-control machine made it ten times worse. To put it more simply: Maybe you did have to implement Arc. You didn't have to make us feel like we weren't being listened to. And even assuming the best in you personally, Sparkie, nothing you can do on your own will fix that problem. The problem is communication, and it comes down from the top.

But I'm getting on a tangent here, so let me change the subject.

I think we deserve an official answer on why the pwi.perfectworld.com website was functionally disabled in favor of the Arc Games website. Lacking in any official evidence, I can only see this in the worst of possible ways, namely that this is part of a corporate rebranding and that PWE will, eventually, cease to be known as such. PWI has been your flagship game for over five years, but its recent decline is obvious... and changing your name to "Arc Games" would be a convenient way to quietly drop the title.

So what's the official line on this? Believe me, I'd love to be proven wrong on it. To expand the question... what does PWE believe is in the cards for PWI's future?

Finally, let me draw attention to the issue that vanflyheight just posted. This is actually a long-standing problem which does require serious attention from PWE executives and the dev team:
    Before Valiance left pw, he was going to try to somehow implement a feature that would somehow control the FF pwrlvling side of things, but he left before he could possibly try to implement something to halt or slow powerlvling down. Heres some of the links to replies made concerning powerlvling and or squad play.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1430651

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...ht=powerlvling

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1630911
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Finally, let me draw attention to the issue that vanflyheight just posted. This is actually a long-standing problem which does require serious attention from PWE executives and the dev team:

And we still don't want to put a level restriction. Stop beating a dead horse already ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And we still don't want to put a level restriction. Stop beating a dead horse already ...

This.

The time to do such a thing was 3-4 years ago. Not now. Not with the population like it is currently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Placer - Morai
    Placer - Morai Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but please bring some new fashion for the boutique for a fixed price we can afford, we are tired of fashion in packs. Also we haven't seen new fashions in the boutique for a while and we know there are lots of new fashions that haven't been released yet.

This would be nice to see, with our previous CM efforts we saw new fash in the boutique, but now again we got nothing :(

b:sad
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The horse was very much alive and provably in favor of said level restriction the last time we all had this discussion, thank you. You don't have to personally acknowledge it for it to be there. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

How can you beat up a dead horse when the horse is not lying there dead to begin with? The issue concerning FF and putting a lvl restriction on it is still very much alive and active. It has just been put into the lower depths of the playerbase's minds for the time being since the days of when valiance was around to give us his resolution for this very issue.

If you looked at the results at those polls on 2 of the 3 links i posted, then you would of gotten the hint that alot of ppl in pw want a lvl cap/restriction to FF to help control powerlvling and to also prevent anymore ppl from becoming noobs where they dont knw or want to knw their class skills. I could care less bout your arguement where its all bout a players choice on whether or not they want to pwrlvl or not. that arguement is gettin rather dull, redundant and moldy oldy.

So whats the point now days to run bhs when all you need is 1 high lvl to steamroll the mobs into obliviion. If you have average lvl squads doin their normal average lvl bhs with working together teamwork to accomplish something as easy as a bh, then why do bhs in the first place? If the playerbase wants to have a more active starter areas instead of having it revitalized through reawakening, then either pw is going to have to make it more appealing than FF which would totally disrupt the purpose of the low lvls or have the playerbase keep blowing the megaphone on pw just to get their butts moving. Beginner primal world is nice and it does keep a new player in there for quite a while farming aquametals, but that doesnt compare to the other areas like etherblade, city of the lost, plume, tellus, and raging tide. Not to mention the other lvl areas from archosaur (lvl 20s) to Dreamweaver (lvl 70s). the quests for those lvls and areas that got cut significantly just doesnt cut it with those tht prefer to pwrlvl over normal questing.

Plus if the new primal area is going to be the starting area from now on, then they should just eliminate the original starter areas and have new players go right to the proper areas that their current lvl is instead of going to the starter areas since most of the new toons that are made are way too high for those mobs and quests.

Ever heard the saying that if you knock us down a 100 times we'll get up a 100 more, and if ya knocks us down a 1000 times we'll get up a 1000 more, which means: WE'LL NEVER SURRENDER as long as their is the faintest possibility that a lvl restriction can happen, we'll always keep trying not matter how much the cards are not in our favor.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just thought I'd point out a little thing on the side of the moderating that happens on these forums.

You can blame what I'm about to talk about on a dead community, but people have been complaining the game has been dying for years and the forum was still very active.

With the current set of mods we have it seems like they feel the express need to narrowly tailor and trim every single thread into a specific realm, or if it doesn't fit any of those qualifications they nip it in the butt. This has led to a drastic decrease in thread activity and overall forum activity.

For example, excluding general discussion, the majority of threads on this forum, are considered dead and if "necro'd" they are immediately locked. This idea of a necro is something that I have only seen as prevalent here. Other forums if there is an older discussion that someone wishes to revive they can revive it and continue the debate. Here it is locked. This flies immediately in the face of encouraging people to search the forums for an already existing topic on their question. This is why so many unsure people are afraid to even post or just leave because they are told their question has been answered. There are certain threads that if revived should be locked, but locking every one inhibits the free flow of ideas.

Further, there is no leeway for people to post new threads or ideas because they are immediately moved to where the mods see fit. You know why most threads are posted in general discussion? Because it is the only consistently active forum. 80% + of these forums are basically dead or only have a couple active threads.

To give the mods more and more power like this means that these forums will eventually be totally lifeless. You want to know why this game has issues? It is because they try and control and maintain every single aspect of the gamer's life. You are relegated to a single path to be the most powerful and your thoughts and ideas are ignored or shunted to somewhere where they will quickly die and disappear.

Finally, getting right of the HUGE amount of stickied old useless threads would make the most recent threads more accessible in every part of the forum and perhaps encourage new, more current information to be formulated.
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If you are looking at the forums can you fix the CSS so that links show up as a different color?

For the moment, we can actually post in such a way that the links do show up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.