Community Update [May]

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Hello all,

It dawned on me this morning that we should have a monthly update, so to speak, of what's to come regarding changes/updates to PWI. So I decided to start this thread, and hope I can do one each month if time permits.

Forum Changes

Some of you may like this, others may not, but I want to make clear what exactly is changing so you don't panic. I have given full permission to the mods to depth/remove any thread or post that is deemed unhelpful, trolling, or non-constructive. You may be thinking now, "wait, are you censoring the forums!????" and the answer is no. I want you to be able to come to these forums and express your opinion, whether it be positive or negative. What I don't want, is clutter in the form of posts that benefit no one.

So what's an example of something that would get depth'd? "I hate everything, you guys changed what I like, you all suck!" This helps no one, and will be removed.

Here's how you can rephrase that so it doesn't get depth'd: "I really don't like this change, and here's why..."

By simply stating why you don't like the changes, you help me gather feedback that I can give to my boss, who can then talk to the Developers, to which we can possibly ask for a change/fix.

Again, this isn't to stop anyone from posting their opinion, it's to get people to start posting their opinion in a way that I can use it as feedback, to hopefully try and get things changed.

As a side note, this will only include the General section of the forums, along with Tech Support, Official Announcements, and Beginners Guides. Depending on how well it goes, I'll see about moving to other sub-threads.

DQ Rewards

Yes, yes I know this is a heavy topic. That said, I've been working with the team on how to best go about creating something similar, and will have more details as they come in. Saying that, we absolutely do plan on bringing this back in some way, shape, or form.

Events

As per one of my last posts, I am still coming up with a host of new events that we can hopefully run each month, more than once. It will take some time, but If you ever have an idea you can always PM me, and we can work on logistics.

Territory Wars Reset

This is coming, hopefully later in May. We have to do a great deal in order to streamline this, but once we do, we hope we can get it back on track for it's regular scheduled time. We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like. At any rate, for now it will still run the usual 6 months.

That's all I have for now, but if anything changes, or anything new comes, I'll be sure to update, and add to this thread.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you are looking at the forums can you fix the CSS so that links show up as a different color?
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    If you are looking at the forums can you fix the CSS so that links show up as a different color?

I have to admit that is annoying b:surrender.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014

YES.

I never know there is a link now unless someone quotes it. Why can't it show up in blue in the original post like it does in quoted text?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014

Jumping on the bandwagon because this seriously needs to be dealt with.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014

I've already brought that up with the web team, so hopefully sometime not in the distant future -_-
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Yes...this is pretty important.

As for you Mr. Soft, I think it's a great idea to post updates like this one once in a while because then we at least know that you and the staff are actually working on things and we aren't completely left in the dark. Even a "yes we're aware of this and we'll try to work on it but with no ETA" is better than no response at all!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014

DQ Rewards

Yes, yes I know this is a heavy topic. That said, I've been working with the team on how to best go about creating something similar, and will have more details as they come in. Saying that, we absolutely do plan on bringing this back in some way, shape, or form.

nice post and all but seriously its 6 months... without any real update on the matter...thats jaw dropping long and really really looks bad on PWE...

at least tell us
    1. will it use DQ items that drop in game now (i.e should we stockpile)
    2. estimate what quarter of the year weill get it during
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We need new mods, though.

You know what the problem is about only allowing feedback-ish like opinions instead of the "you take my candy, so you're an *******" kind of feedback?

The illusion that we somehow think that something will actually be done, which has been proven wrong, many many times.
    So why would a community give constructive criticism if the company won't listen?
    Exactly, they don't. And when they do, it ends up in nothing.
    Well it used to end up in something... some time... soon... (tm).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like.

tbh, with the declining population of the servers as well as the unlikelihood of any sort of server merging, this would be ideal. Four months is long enough to decide a clear one or two winners (to force the 3v3 PVP fight) and it lets people have fun in more TW that they may not usually get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey sparkie,

I know I was late on the blog submissions, but you mentioned looking and adding / commenting on those. Any updates on the Blog Submissions?

b:surrender

Is there more things going on with that?
    If so, I'll continue to create more blogs / Guides about different topics.
    And we can work on updating and adding more to the PWI blog you've started.

b:victory
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello all,

It dawned on me this morning that we should have a monthly update, so to speak, of what's to come regarding changes/updates to PWI. So I decided to start this thread, and hope I can do one each month if time permits.

Forum Changes

Some of you may like this, others may not, but I want to make clear what exactly is changing so you don't panic. I have given full permission to the mods to depth/remove any thread or post that is deemed unhelpful, trolling, or non-constructive. You may be thinking now, "wait, are you censoring the forums!????" and the answer is no. I want you to be able to come to these forums and express your opinion, whether it be positive or negative. What I don't want, is clutter in the form of posts that benefit no one.

So what's an example of something that would get depth'd? "I hate everything, you guys changed what I like, you all suck!" This helps no one, and will be removed.

Here's how you can rephrase that so it doesn't get depth'd: "I really don't like this change, and here's why..."

By simply stating why you don't like the changes, you help me gather feedback that I can give to my boss, who can then talk to the Developers, to which we can possibly ask for a change/fix.

Again, this isn't to stop anyone from posting their opinion, it's to get people to start posting their opinion in a way that I can use it as feedback, to hopefully try and get things changed.

As a side note, this will only include the General section of the forums, along with Tech Support, Official Announcements, and Beginners Guides. Depending on how well it goes, I'll see about moving to other sub-threads.

DQ Rewards

Events

As per one of my last posts, I am still coming up with a host of new events that we can hopefully run each month, more than once. It will take some time, but If you ever have an idea you can always PM me, and we can work on logistics.

Territory Wars Reset

This is coming, hopefully later in May. We have to do a great deal in order to streamline this, but once we do, we hope we can get it back on track for it's regular scheduled time. We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like. At any rate, for now it will still run the usual 6 months.

That's all I have for now, but if anything changes, or anything new comes, I'll be sure to update, and add to this thread.

Firstly, I'd like to start with the thread here that has gone absolutely un-noticed for quite some time. It's great that you finally wanted to address some of these issues, but the lack of support from your companies end has been non-existent for a while now.

The TW reset is late. End of story. This is unacceptable for most people, because you guys have had 6+ months of knowing that at this time the reset should have been done.

The DQ shop was removed well before any new shop has been put in place. Now a niche market for DQ items in the game is no longer present, and you guys have made it impossible for newer players to get profit or those original items. This has not been addressed, and I feel that it's completely valid. Your team didn't think or care of the consequences of removing a system before a new system was in place, nor the backlash to the ARC platform which will be the only way to obtain the new system's goods once they are in place.

The constant DCing and crashing of servers and maps hasn't been been addressed. Why are people being booted from servers all the time? If it's a regional router issue, tell us. If it's on your ISP's end, tell us. People actually pay money for a service, sparkie. When people pay money for a service and don't get quality, they will leave. That's a loss in potential profit and bad word to mouth from customer relations.

The issues with the update have also gone unaddressed. It's great that you guys pushed out a content update, but... Why was the main feature of the update a boss that was already in the game (but under a different name)? Why has the fact that the main piece of content for this content update wasn't new at all?

As for the forum changes... I mean, no big deal. This was already pretty much happening since 2008, upon the launch of this title and the forums.

The monthly addressing of information is great, and I'm sure most people appreciate it. The last CM also did this.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello all,

Forum Changes

This could be good or bad.

One thing I think that should change is the number of Pinned discussions.
    Currently there are 11 pinned discussions and they take up so much room.
    Then, when you go to page 2, they are still there. So to view more results, you pretty much have to go through multiple pages because 11 pinned topics really take away from the number of posts per page.
    Maybe don't show those pinned posts on subsequent pages or reduce the number if pinned posts.

b:surrender

Most hot topics will get replies constantly and so they will stay on the front page constantly.
    Other wise, unless there are large amount of replies / rule discussion with lots of mods / admin / dev inputs.
    I think most people otherwise only care to see the Maintenance discussion when they log the forums.
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    DQ Rewards

Territory Wars Reset

Im curious about that DQ system. I wonder if i should collect those DQ and keep it till system comes up or.. there will be different way to get DQ?

About TW. really bad job! But oh well..what can u do..
    About TW season D: i think 6 month is perfect..4 month too short

But even so ty for telling
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    4 months would be interesting to keep the map from becoming stale, though that might also happen if the reset actually came at 6 months instead of the 7-9 months that we have been getting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Regarding TW reset: Plz no 4 months. PvE TWs are the most boring thing ever and have the unintended side effect of shaking up and causing instability in factions as people leave to cash in on easy pve tw rewards. 6 months is fine

Regarding changes in forum policy: It's only recently that my level of ****s given has reached a point so low that I start to sound ragey/trolley on forums in a fairly consistent manner. What can I say, when people have a solid wall between their ears and their brains, communication can become a little stressed. I don't have anything against encouraging people to take a more constructive tone, and for the most part our mod team is good/reliable, but if the decision to close/depth threads on this matter is based entirely on their own discretion, there's potential for abuse. FuzzyWuzz already showed us how an abusive mode can affect a thread, we don't have anyone like him on mod team today(thankfully) but there is someone in particular who can be extremely overzealous about closing threads/deleting posts. With a green-light go-ahead like this, the forums could become quite over-regulated/censored.
    I once had a post deleted which gave a legitimate answer to a legitimate question that was relevant to the thread simply because it contained a negative-toned adjective...

Anyway, I'll stress what Desdi said. The community as a whole responds much better when we know you are listening and aware. Even if there is nothing you can do about whatever problem is at hand. Long periods of silence are not something any of us appreciate... and whatever you do, don't blatantly lie to us. Do not be another Frankie please. b:surrender Yes, this means you are strictly forbidden from listening to Nickelback
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Regarding TW reset: Plz no 4 months. PvE TWs are the most boring thing ever and have the unintended side effect of shaking up and causing instability in factions as people leave to cash in on easy pve tw rewards. 6 months is fine

Regarding changes in forum policy: It's only recently that my level of ****s given has reached a point so low that I start to sound ragey/trolley on forums in a fairly consistent manner. What can I say, when people have a solid wall between their ears and their brains, communication can become a little stressed. I don't have anything against encouraging people to take a more constructive tone, and for the most part our mod team is good/reliable, but if the decision to close/depth threads on this matter is based entirely on their own discretion, there's potential for abuse. FuzzyWuzz already showed us how an abusive mode can affect a thread, we don't have anyone like him on mod team today(thankfully) but there is someone in particular who can be extremely overzealous about closing threads/deleting posts. With a green-light go-ahead like this, the forums could become quite over-regulated/censored.
    I once had a post deleted which gave a legitimate answer to a legitimate question that was relevant to the thread simply because it contained a negative-toned adjective...

Anyway, I'll stress what Desdi said. The community as a whole responds much better when we know you are listening and aware. Even if there is nothing you can do about whatever problem is at hand. Long periods of silence are not something any of us appreciate... and whatever you do, don't blatantly lie to us. Do not be another Frankie please. b:surrender Yes, this means you are strictly forbidden from listening to Nickelback

If you ever have a question about why a comment was deleted, or feel it was unfair, you can PM us. I know for a fact I have reversed decisions I have made in regards to closures, removals, etc. And/or explained why I had to close it and how they could repost it in a way that was acceptable. That is still absolutely true. IN addition, you can always pm Sparkie if you don't feel comfortable talking to the mod who did it, or just got nowhere with them and want a third party to review the matter.

And nobody good is allowed to like Nickelback. >> (just kidding)

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    If you ever have a question about why a comment was deleted, or feel it was unfair, you can PM us. I know for a fact I have reversed decisions I have made in regards to closures, removals, etc. And/or explained why I had to close it and how they could repost it in a way that was acceptable. That is still absolutely true. IN addition, you can always pm Sparkie if you don't feel comfortable talking to the mod who did it, or just got nowhere with them and want a third party to review the matter.

This is not only desired but encouraged and stressed most every time this pops up. We're all people and talking to each other to handle things like mature adults is a very big thing we want to have going on. Yes, we lock down threads that do the complaints on the forums because that's strictly against the rules anyways. Those who PM us, on the other hand, will always get a response about it and if we can't come to an agreement then they're quite free (and rather encouraged) to PM whoever the acting CM is.

We're not here to oppress. We just want to keep things clean.

Well except that crazy Kossy person. She's nothing but a power abusing and oppressive pain but we all tend to ignore her anyways.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This is not only desired but encouraged and stressed most every time this pops up. We're all people and talking to each other to handle things like mature adults is a very big thing we want to have going on. Yes, we lock down threads that do the complaints on the forums because that's strictly against the rules anyways. Those who PM us, on the other hand, will always get a response about it and if we can't come to an agreement then they're quite free (and rather encouraged) to PM whoever the acting CM is.

We're not here to oppress. We just want to keep things clean.

Well except that crazy Kossy person. She's nothing but a power abusing and oppressive pain but we all tend to ignore her anyways.

I would seriously like to stress this as well, because we're not trying to silence anyone ><.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Regarding TW reset: Plz no 4 months. PvE TWs are the most boring thing ever and have the unintended side effect of shaking up and causing instability in factions as people leave to cash in on easy pve tw rewards.

Trending towards many competitive smaller TWs instead of the big grand 80v80s between two guilds only isn't really a bad thing. Especially when the population has declined as much as it has. It keeps things interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've already brought that up with the web team, so hopefully sometime not in the distant future -_-

vbulletin css:

change
    a:link, body_alink
    {
    	color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    a:visited, body_avisited
    {
    }
    a:hover, a:active, body_ahover
    {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    }

to
    a:link, body_alink
    {
    	color: #4e7edb;
    }
    a:visited, body_avisited
    {
    }
    a:hover, a:active, body_ahover
    {
    	text-decoration: underline;
    }

I know this isn't your fault in particular, but this is a change that takes all of 30 seconds to make and the fact that it still hasn't been made is astounding to me.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello all,

Forum Changes

I do hope this means that the mod/gm's will literally only remove non-constructive, entirely bashing or other useless "10charlimit"posts, and not posts that are constructive, yet have an annoyed tone of voice in them. As they are a huge pet-peeve for me just as well when trying to find helpful threads.
    It's been the case with many removed posts. With months of silence, no confirmation or word about certain problems (stuffed in the dark corner of neglectance the 10* fiasco in November as example) people will end up getting more and more annoyed which will reflect back into their posts. That doesn't mean their post is therefor bashing or useless clutter straight away, it simply means they're human and are struggling being left in the dark.

Other than that slight worry, I love the initiative you're taking here and the ideas are looking promosing. Eventhough I should know better than getting my hopes up, the communication is getting better and it's starting to show you really do try, so I and I'm sure more of the community, appreciate the efforts you, the gm's and the mods are making here.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Forum Changes

"You troll you lose." Awesome and long overdue. Might need to recruit a few more mods to help keep up with the demand.
    DQ Rewards

No offense, but I'll believe it when I see it. In the past the promise was made that the old system would be discontinued once the new one (presumably integrated with ARC) was in place. What's being communicated to the players (and probably yourself) doesn't always appear to be truthful. That said, if players without the ability to cash get the ability to get ahold of free light charms, that would be nice.
    Events

I've tried participating in a few "Chase the GM" and "Find the GM" events on Morai. Problem with it is that if you don't have a fast flier, you're automatically at a disadvantage. I'd much rather have those funny events like the Auspicious Ancestor back - never did get that title, and that event was the -only- source for absence notices.
    Territory Wars Reset

Reset it every 16 rounds, if you ask me. Usually after 10 rounds it's clear who is winning or has won. At least on Morai, around the end, it's a slugfest between three or four major factions, with the dominant one just expanding one map per round, and the smaller factions not able to get back onto the map.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Hmm I'll personally support the 4 month reset too. While I can understand the problems that might arise with this such as players hopping around among factions, I think I'd rather see this potential change.

As it is now, the TW feels rather boring and/or repetitive on my server. It's mostly the same factions doing the same things including "big fish eats small first" with strong factions going after weaker ones to gather land (my own faction is just as guilty of this).

I also remember being much easier to get sign ups or people motivated to TW. My faction's non-mandatory TW and yet we used to get 60-70 sign ups with ease sometimes hitting 75 or more in the battle field. Now officers have to run around bothering people asking if they could TW and such..I've heard/seen from sources that other factions also have low sign ups unless there's a temporary interest.

So in the end, I don't know if it's good or bad but I'd be willing to give it a try at the 4-month reset.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't surprise me if that has to do with the DQ system not handing out free charms anymore Desdi - that people are not interested in getting a lot of charm burn for no real reward.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't surprise me if that has to do with the DQ system not handing out free charms anymore Desdi - that people are not interested in getting a lot of charm burn for no real reward.

You're right though there's probably many other reasons such as the gear differences. After all, you can't expect people to be eager to sign up for TW when you know you'll get rolled (or gonna roll the opponent) anyway :c
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Forum Changes

Peoples opinions vary too much on what is helpful and what isnt't. What might help someone might not help someone else. Trolling of dickitry, ya easy to spot. But what 1 mod might find useless another might find helpful.

DQ Rewards

No real update on this since you guys said you are getting rid of it. With PWIs past, I dont see it happening before the anniversary. Huge lack of communication and this is something that should be prioritized. Many people have left because of the removal of it. Also will it still use DQ drops or something different. What rewards will be in there? The same? New? Anything of use at all? Serious updates on this are needed, along with communication. Sure you can ask for ideas, but if there are no updates on this, what is the point?

Events

Honestly most events to me are boring and usually cluttered with many people in 1 area cause lag. maybe more then 1 GM at the event would be better.

Territory Wars Reset

4 months would be good. Again as PWI has a history of not actually doing it when they actually said they would ( 6 months when its really longer) it would actually be a 6 month TW season. Also, are there any new TW maps coming? It needs to be more challenging. Something different. Not adding NPC that deal damage, but actual massive change. I think this is the only thing in game that hasnt receive any major updates.

Side note. Something needs to be done with Nirvana. New drops, new map or something. It is a useless instance now. At least let us exchange the keys we get form BHs for something useful.
    NGTUy53.png

• evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You wanna make TW worth doing and get a lot more people involved - give all players a new pack with TW armour and weapons.
    Make everyone equal b:shocked
    No-one can be bothered now cause you know you'll get 1-shotted or 1-shot others.
    Make it so that TW armour/weapons are all u can use in TW (but don't equip outside TW) and maybe skill may actually become the deciding factor b:shutup
    It may even allow different factions from taking over the whole map after a few weeks.
    Just an Idea b:surrender
  • dand007
    dand007 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey sparkie this are alot of over due things you have brought up, tw reset every 4months sounds fair, and public quest should be fix to run smoothly, along with i have some quest that you have removed that when you hit 100 you got and it gave you a free 79 skill or 100skill and i was wondering why you guys took that way. it was in the line or the mulberry quest as well. and for events you could run a event in Safe Zone for some of us let geared folk so we have a chance to get some of it as well would be great.
    thanks for your time reading and hope that this can be fixed and thought about
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    evil013 wrote: »
    You wanna make TW worth doing and get a lot more people involved - give all players a new pack with TW armour and weapons.
    Make everyone equal b:shocked
    No-one can be bothered now cause you know you'll get 1-shotted or 1-shot others.
    Make it so that TW armour/weapons are all u can use in TW (but don't equip outside TW) and maybe skill may actually become the deciding factor b:shutup
    It may even allow different factions from taking over the whole map after a few weeks.
    Just an Idea b:surrender

It's too late to implement this kind of balance feature, simply because it would be telling everyone who farmed their gear (or cashed) a big f you for having that gear, but you're not allowed to use it.
    It won't work, it wouldn't be fair for people who got that gear as it is now.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello all,

Forum Changes

DQ Rewards

Events

Territory Wars Reset

This will probably get deleted now based on the new guidelines of what the mods can now delete but im merely stating my personal opinion.....this game is screwed...the forums are now screwed as well. You say you are not censoring the forums but they already have been censored. I have seen MANY circumstances where the mobs or gms close or hide threads they dont want the public to see due to their revealing inner workings they dont want revealed..or they just didnt like what they read. This game is screwed. PWE has pretty much ensured that its just a matter of time now before they end up closing this game.

Since i have already commented on your change to forums ill move the the next subject...DQ rewards....We were promised that DQ would NOT be removed before PWE had something to replace it...a promise im sure has been hidden in the depths of the forums by now. This alone has ruined the game for many people. That's all ill say of that...

Events....wont help the game in the long run. As many people as there are that want events there are more that just want more actual GM interactions. (something that we all know wont happen) Until GMs are on the game and taking care of it regularly AS THEY SHOULD gm events arent going to help much to sedate the issues going on in the servers.

TW.... Seriously im just shocked that PWE hasnt fixed this yet..its ridiculous. Thats all to say about that.

All in all many people are saying that its a matter of time before servers get merged...which in turn will cause even MORE people to quit. The changes you are making to forums isnt needed...what you need is mods that dont hide threads or posts just cuz they may upset a few other people....the entire point of forums is to get people to talk about the problems and the more you disregard their ability to do so the less this game has a chance of surviving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.