[Maintenance Discussion]-4-15-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Sinningblade - Sanctuary
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    That would work if u know,,,,,arc actually recognized that some of us "older" player have had pwi installed for a few years. but it dont.
    Some of us, arc wont even acknowledge pwi being there unless its downloaded specifically thru arc. I cant update at all right now, manual or not.
    I have to apparently redownload a 16gb game which atm im debating on even doing and just leaving.
    Dont know yet. 16gb isnt exactly a 5 min download...

Same problem here it takes at least 2hrs if you dont get dc while downloading i tried manual as i have been told and it dosent even show patcher in folder throo manual how can i select it then? eather somenthing isnt right or im just 2noobie for this how ever this is just........blah b:angry
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Sevchenko (sp?) had a very clever answer IMO. In order to get to where you are, you must have traveled there somehow. If the goal is to get out alive without unnecessary risk, the path that lies behind is sure to be the safest. That is, unless you fell down a hole and came to consciousness where you now are. One could go into great amounts of thought with this question really. At first I thought this could be a riddle of sorts, but perhaps this is merely a question in psychology.

Does one choose to go down the left path first to rescue whoever is screaming?
    or does one avoid the left path assuming it is a trap such as a banshee?

Does one sacrifice some food to distract/befriend the glowing eyes in the middle path?

Does one throw a piece of food/pour water down the gap in hopes to determine how deep the hole is. Maybe break off a piece of the torch (assuming wooden handle that can burn) and throw it down so you can actually see, rather than just hear, how deep the hole might be.

If the torch is already lit, the glowing red eyes can surely see you, but perhaps is not aggressive so as to attack pre-emptively. Perhaps even the red eyes indicate that it is an albino and the light cast off from the torch may hurt it, allowing safe passage..
    Surtr wrote: »
    It just means that instead of trading them one at a time, you can trade them in batches of 10 or 100.
    No offense Surtr, but do you play or test things at all?
    In FSP you can get 20 coins on a hard mode run. You can then take those and trade in for (off the top of my head) 240 warsong emblems, and then go to the watcher of the earth -> genie summon and gear -> fame tab -> 2 emblems make 1 wraith officer badge. Choose "max" and click the button to begin making. Then just wait till all are made. There is no need to do one at a time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • manyak0090
    manyak0090 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot can you report server status?
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If history serves any reminder, I expect a few specific things from this patch.

1. It will take far longer than the estimated time.

2. Many people will QQ on forums about the extra wait time starting approximately 20 seconds past the said estimated down time of servers.

3. There will be many new glitches and issues once it has been applied to the game.

4. More people will complain that the new UI updates are either stupid or not needed and ask about other things instead.

All in all it seems like a lot of good things...but sadly knowing how well PWE normally performs after such a large patch, much of the good things will be over looked. The removal of the Dragon Quest at Jolly Jones is quite sudden and without warning...I expect at least a few people will be upset about that seeing as there was NO heads up warning of it, it will be forgotten in about a week or two though.

Many questions come to mind though still. When will TW map be reset? When will be getting a new DQ system to replace the old? (We WERE told that we would have a new one ready and in place before the old one was taken away. Clearly that didn't happen.) Will TM 69 runs EVER be reimplemented into the game? I'm sure there are other things other people are wondering as well.

In the end the results will be the same as every big new content update. People will complain about things they don't like and PWE will keep making money off them anyways. I will try and remain unbiased about how i feel of this update till i see it for myself but mostly i feel many of these updates to the UI are really not needed. The primal boss is just a stupid idea basically just to help the strong become stronger...hardly helping the non cash shoppers at all.

The game has become quite monotonous, each new thing added just being something we are required to do regularly for little to no actual reward. I could sit there and farm all day with a goal in mind but for what? To be bored out my mind with the same boring runs every day and no variety or special events? Even the rare time that there ARE special events now they are either glitched or geared towards players that have put $$$$ into the game. (ie kill the GM event was just a stupid idea.)

As always PWI will keep going. People will come and they will leave and the game will always offer me a small amount of fun to pass my time when I'm not playing another game. Here's to hoping all the servers don't melt down after this huge patch. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    -question inbetween-
    how long did it take u guys to update manually? ive had it running for almost half an hour now and its at like 20%...q.q
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    manyak0090 wrote: »
    SweetieBot can you report server status?
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hello everyone,

Maintenance Question:You're deep inside a mysterious dungeon. You're lost, and as you continue forward you notice 3 different paths, left, middle, and right. You hear a scream come from deep within the left path; In the middle path you notice 2 red glowing eyes staring right at you, watching your every move. To the right You see light, however you notice there is a significant gap that you must jump over in order to make it to the other side (you have no idea how deep the fall is if you don't make it). All you have is a torch and a little food/water left. What path do you choose and why?

Easy - make 3 alts and go down each path b:victory
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    sweetiebot, report server status please =)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    did anyone manage to patch without having to use the 2-hour-automatic patcher?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    shashahah wrote: »
    sweetiebot, report server status please =)
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot do you still love me?
    Of course I still love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• noslenynhoj
    noslenynhoj Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    left path hearing scream - means no way out through there..dead end b:shocked
    right path cannot be crossed as we have no clue about the gap how deep it is b:surrender
    middle path is the one i would choose cuz i have a torch b:chuckle
  • Completed - Archosaur
    Completed - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:surrender
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i could go down the left path easy go rescue the lady down there hopefully it would be SweetieBot then we could run away together

GDz would pick the middle path and fail cus harpy wraith would be waiting for them

then i would pick the right path since i have demon distance shrenk and me and SweetieBot could escape
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    did anyone manage to patch without having to use the 2-hour-automatic patcher?

Mine took less than 20 minutes with the autopatcher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Completed - Archosaur
    Completed - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot can you please show me a cute kitten?
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot can you please show me a cute kitten?
    Sure, no problem.

Image of a cute kitten?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited April 2014

yea i didnt use the auto patcher. DL it, took 30 sec's and patched it. Then got a error had to restrat the cilent since im not using ARC (FU) then it started up fine
  • Caldera - Raging Tide
    Caldera - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot please show me Boba Fett in the sarlacc pit.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot please show me Boba Fett in the sarlacc pit.
    Sure, no problem.

Image of Boba Fett in the sarlacc pit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sinningblade - Sanctuary
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2014

good news for me also.... mine is autopatching and it wont take long eather b:victory
  • Caldera - Raging Tide
    Caldera - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2014

and there's my next tattoo b:victory
  • XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    To install using manual patchers:

1.- double click the patcher -> arc will open -> then PWI launcher

2.- It'll pop a mini screen telling u there is a ptch, how do u want to proceed? with TWO options, AUTO and CANCEL

3.- U'll click cancel.

4.- All options are able to use, then u click Manual, and go to the folder wher eu downloaded your patcher, select it. Then click Open... Wait a Bit...

5.- Game Patched b:victory
  • Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary
    Xx_sixx_xx - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    High scoring player = Mysticboob
    Dead player = everyone facing Mysticboob

Thats the truth! Was hitting my archer with 83k 1 hit kills.
  • Ssora - Sanctuary
    Ssora - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    -random- 96 bottles of beer on the wall 96 bottles of beeeeeer...
  • PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot please show me server stats
  • Healsweety - Sanctuary
    Healsweety - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ima take the left side, Run as hard as i can, Hitting every person that tries to provoke me with my torch!b:pleased
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot please show me server stats
    Sure, no problem.

Image of server stats
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• PVM_only - Sanctuary
    PVM_only - Sanctuary Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    SweetieBot can you report server status? and why the gm's take so long to update the game?
This discussion has been closed.