[Maintenance Discussion]-4-15-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    WHY the Eden/Brim revamps? x.x isnt it hard enough finding ppl willing to do 99 culti?

not revamp.. its just updating the map so that u can see where the bosses are and the peeps in ur squad
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Sparkie,

Are you a Dungeon Master, too? This question sounds suspiciously like a question from this game I used to play where U rolled dice, ijs... And I would choose the right path; I always was lucky w/my dice roles :D Which means I might make it across & be ok when I got there LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Wow I tried installing Arc, and it really is as bad as they have been saying.

I tried to get it to recognize my pwi install. It had other plans. I told it I did NOT want to redownload it thank you. It insisted.

So now my old client is gone, because that's how Arc do, and I get to wait 6+hrs while it redownloads it. I'm hoping that its an up to date client and not version 1 or some BS.

Now at 5% is says its gonna take 13 hours ._. .... Q_Q ..... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    *There is now an option to display dead and/or high-scoring players on the Nation Wars map.

wazzat
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I take the left and find out the scream was from my fellow player attracking my attention to show me the correct way.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Middle Path
    If you do not confront the nightmare within, it'll tail you no matter which path you decide to follow and ultimately....devour you.

Unfortunately, you'll be eaten by that Grue.

I'd choose the left path. Whoever's doing the screaming will either be helpful or a distraction. Either way there's something going on that's not involving you, so you can poke around for something to bridge that gap on the right path with.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    wazzat

I don't really see what "seeing dead people" could be and how useful it would be.
    Anyway being able to see the high-scoring players might not be a good thing at all.
    I mean that some people will try to compete this way even though we all know thare there are ways to score a lot of personal points that are not useful at all for the nation (and not even fun)

But well... this is good to see new things.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I don't really see what "seeing dead people" could be and how useful it would be.
    Anyway being able to see the high-scoring players might not be a good thing at all.
    I mean that some people will try to compete this way even though we all know thare there are ways to score a lot of personal points that are not useful at all for the nation (and not even fun)

But well... this is good to see new things.

Inb4 armies of alts hitting NPCs to get personal points and score top 1 in ranking...

Hopefully it's balanced enough to force ppl to actually **** enemy squads to get into that rank
  • PeachPandora - Sanctuary
    PeachPandora - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question:You're deep inside a mysterious dungeon. You're lost, and as you continue forward you notice 3 different paths, left, middle, and right. You hear a scream come from deep within the left path; In the middle path you notice 2 red glowing eyes staring right at you, watching your every move. To the right You see light, however you notice there is a significant gap that you must jump over in order to make it to the other side (you have no idea how deep the fall is if you don't make it). All you have is a torch and a little food/water left. What path do you choose and why?

To me... the middle path. Glowing red eyes is just a sign that some small rodents or other little animal is scurrying around the tunnel and mean no harm. Proceed forward with no problems.
    The alternative? Screaming never is a good sign... and with little food and water left... you may not survive the jump attempt from the gap on the right-side path.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Unfortunately, you'll be eaten by that Grue.

I'd choose the left path. Whoever's doing the screaming will either be helpful or a distraction. Either way there's something going on that's not involving you, so you can poke around for something to bridge that gap on the right path with.

Who knows, it might not be immediately hostile since it hasn't emerged from the dark to get you. That scream on the left could mean that someone already HAS found trouble (and even met a terrible fate before you've even reached them)....the last thing I'd want to do is wind up in whatever trap or predicament they fell into as well. That's also ruling out the possibility of the scream itself being bait made to snare wanderers to begin with.

If this thing is a resident of this cavern, isn't going to aggro immediately and is sapient/able to be communicated with, I wouldn't mind parting with some food in exchange for an answer for the way out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "The character limit on Faction slogans has been increased from 50 to 80."

Really? Finally the faction slogans are altered but they still have not fixed the punctuation usage that they promised to fix a year ago?

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1582891&highlight=faction+slogan

Happy with other parts of the patch but this rather irks me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • XDeliciousx - Morai
    XDeliciousx - Morai Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    *Completing the City of Abominations no longer spams the entire server with 200 messages about the winner.

Idk why... But I feel Santa spam might return for Easter b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Deliylah ~ director of Revision (revision.shivtr.com)
    sage R9 cleric, lvl 105-104-103

YouTube: youtube.com/user/DeviIiciousAngel
  • royalchief
    royalchief Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I will go all places, I dont care which, im r999 +12, my credit card tells me I can go anywhere I want right? nonesense thread...
  • ZentDreigon - Raging Tide
    ZentDreigon - Raging Tide Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question:You're deep inside a mysterious dungeon. You're lost, and as you continue forward you notice 3 different paths, left, middle, and right. You hear a scream come from deep within the left path; In the middle path you notice 2 red glowing eyes staring right at you, watching your every move. To the right You see light, however you notice there is a significant gap that you must jump over in order to make it to the other side (you have no idea how deep the fall is if you don't make it). All you have is a torch and a little food/water left. What path do you choose and why?

Force of Will on the left path to silence the screaming... Sandfall on the red eyes in the middle to blind them... Distance Shrink over the gap in the right path...

b:victory Next?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > A demon is driven by desire, pure desire, that cannot be stopped by reason or logic. - Mo Zun
    > Believing in demons doesn't mean believing in evil. Demons are not necessarily an evil thing. - Chin Wuming
  • mol1
    mol1 Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Say helloooo, to the wrong TW time slots..... again.
  • rochuchis
    rochuchis Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'd just sit on the floor and cry eating the rest of food, or run in circles until the torch burns me up.
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Looks good overall, but is there any chance of the card drops being restored to OHT2/3/4? I can't honestly see any reason they were taken out, and it's a major inconvenience to many of us.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Looks good overall, but is there any chance of the card drops being restored to OHT2/3/4? I can't honestly see any reason they were taken out, and it's a major inconvenience to many of us.

cant see any reason they were taken out the same time auto culti was added?

not saying it was right or wrong choice, but the reasoning is pretty obvious
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    RE Maintenance Question

I would sit and wait. It wouldn't be long before an r9rr came along and one-shotted whatever was in the middle path, so I'd just follow them through there.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    wazzat

High scoring player = Mysticboob
    Dead player = everyone facing Mysticboob
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Middle path, I use the torch to light the way, then I use some of that food I have to feed the mysterious red eye foe. (I sneak pass while its chowing down on the food, and I keep the water to use later.)

^ One that I take/chose.

If I take the left path (of course acting on the assumption that the scream was just out of pain/they're still alive) where the screams are, I use the food to distract whatever made the person scream, and I use the water to clean the wound, torch to cauterize the wound. (Oh snap I sure hope there is an exit soon)

-

If I take the right path, I use some of the food, light it on fire using the torch and throw it into the 'gap'... oh look its not that deep. :D

Guess I chose the wrong path. QQ ;/
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I am very happy I will finally get to use my pet in the air again yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
    Yall wouldn't know how annoying this was unless u were a veno like me b:chuckle.
    I am upset that they aren't fixing lycaeum In this update.

Also when will they give monkey packs I am so rdy to spam monkey packs
  • Venushin - Harshlands
    Venushin - Harshlands Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If the scream on left path was "Give me food and water and you shall live!" I'd definitely choose it :)
    "He who laughs last... is lagged!"
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Is there a manual patch up yet for this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The exception to this is the Tempest Pack, which will then be removed from the PW Boutique on Wednesday Aptril 9th.
    b:chuckleb:laugh
  • banks4ds
    banks4ds Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot Have you found the manual patches yet? If so, will you please add a link, Thank you.

I would go down the left path to check the person who screamed and see if I could help. If not, I run back, head to the right path and hope I can find a way over the gap.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    banks4ds wrote: »
    SweetieBot Have you found the manual patches yet? If so, will you please add a link, Thank you.
    No I am still searching for it. That sounds hypothetical to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

I turn around and go the other way b:avoid
    Theoretically, I may find the exit going towards where I came from (And exit from where I entered it in first place) Also, if I'm still fully alive by this point, means the way behind me is safer than the way ahead, the water and food I've got must be enough to trail way back to where I came from safely.
    But, if that option is unavailable, i run and jump the gap.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takkahana - Heavens Tear
    Takkahana - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I would take the right path. I would throw my food and water rations over to the next side then take my chances doing a running jump over the deep gap with the torch. I believe I will make it since I am a good runner and jumper lol. b:pleasedb:laughb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:cute TSUNAMI BOTTLES!!!! b:dirty
  • LangitBiru - Archosaur
    LangitBiru - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, please find the manual patch
This discussion has been closed.