Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Comments

• Velra - Dreamweaver
    Velra - Dreamweaver Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I will answer your questions as they were presented and answered earlier. In the case that they weren't, I will simply answer them (Though I have probably already posted it elsewhere in the past 24 hours.)

This I've written a bunch, but I'm not going to dig up an exact quote...
    Arc doesn't cause extra lag unless your PC and/or internet connection is completely unable to manage a couple of extra packets being sent accross the connection.

Arc doesn't make PWI slow, or cause extra lag, unless your PC was at the **** end of standard PC specs 9 years ago, and doesn't have the resources to manage an extra 100MB of RAM and about 1% of CPU usage. Ok, I admit, I could be wrong about that if you have a newer PC with "ok" specs and have overloaded it with bloatware and **** programs that are eating up your resources.

It's user-friendly now for anyone with a smidgen of common sense.

DQ was supposed to end last year. Pissing and moaning about it now is silly.
    Arc is pretty easy to use, it has a nice interface, though it does have a few bugs they are still working out. Overall though, if you have a system with decent specs that was manufactured in the last 5 or 6 years, you won't be having the issues you folks insist you are having.

Their choice to push Arc is made from a business standpoint, and from there, it makes a lot of sense.

LET me be more clear since I guess you didn't get that I wasn't asking you I was asking PWE. So your rather rude comments are not welcome. And for your info Arc does lag things more, as in when the game lags, which is does often the Arc **** lags it even more, that has nothing, NOTHING to do with my computers, one of which for your smart *** info is a brand new AlienWere laptop with the best specs out there. And I run the top of the line cable internet though TimeWarner, like the $80 serves so it's the fastest I can get. It's not my internet or my equipment even though that is the standard spiel from PWE and for 'tards like you. So bite my big toe with your snide little comments. You don't know half as much as you think you do. And Arc did on two occasion put Spyware on my computer not just harmless tracking cookies to help navigate the Arc but spyware. So it is no longer safe and I don't give a rats hind end what you or PWE's PR people try to feed us.
    As for the DQ, sure they said it was going but they didn't take it out when they said they would leading us to believe it would stay around, very normal assumption I would say. AND they said they would replace it with something "better", so where is what they promised?
    And ***'tard the Arc **** is glitchy as hell, and not user friendly and it's not just me that feels that way since I have had to walk a number of other people though it to get something as simple as a blessing. User friendly means it's easy to use, and it's far from it. Now go stick your head back up your tail end and let a person from PWE answer me or not as they choose, but I don't care to hear from you because as anyone can see you are the one with less then a "smidgen of common sense", insulting someone who has every right to voice her option and ask her question without getting insulted by the likes of you.
    Have a nice day. :D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LET me be more clear since I guess you didn't get that I wasn't asking you I was asking PWE. So your rather rude comments are not welcome. And for your info Arc does lag things more, as in when the game lags, which is does often the Arc **** lags it even more, that has nothing, NOTHING to do with my computers, one of which for your smart *** info is a brand new AlienWere laptop with the best specs out there. And I run the top of the line cable internet though TimeWarner, like the $80 serves so it's the fastest I can get. It's not my internet or my equipment even though that is the standard spiel from PWE and for 'tards like you. So bite my big toe with your snide little comments. You don't know half as much as you think you do. And Arc did on two occasion put Spyware on my computer not just harmless tracking cookies to help navigate the Arc but spyware. So it is no longer safe and I don't give a rats hind end what you or PWE's PR people try to feed us.
    As for the DQ, sure they said it was going but they didn't take it out when they said they would leading us to believe it would stay around, very normal assumption I would say. AND they said they would replace it with something "better", so where is what they promised?
    And ***'tard the Arc **** is glitchy as hell, and not user friendly and it's not just me that feels that way since I have had to walk a number of other people though it to get something as simple as a blessing. User friendly means it's easy to use, and it's far from it. Now go stick your head back up your tail end and let a person from PWE answer me or not as they choose, but I don't care to hear from you because as anyone can see you are the one with less then a "smidgen of common sense", insulting someone who has every right to voice her option and ask her question without getting insulted by the likes of you.
    stop surfing pr@n and blaming it on arc b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Just log in PWI with arc. After you done logging press CTRL+ALT+Delete and terminate arc from running processes and continue gaming b:victory

sorry, that does not work since arc HAS to be running to run the game. Obviously you did not kill all the processes.
  • tenbux
    tenbux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a reason why when I log into the game its like a strobe light going off.. Is there anyway to fix this?
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You screwed up by not properly using the registry repair tool to tell Arc where your client is.

On a side note, the client is only 8GBM right now.

no syl, actually arc screwed up by not finding his/hers original files. put the blame where it really is.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    stop surfing pr@n and blaming it on arc b:chuckle

I'm a female, we don't get off on the visuals like you males do. In other words I don't do the prOn thing, but if that is what is causing your lag then you know what to do to fix it. I however have a man in my life that "gets me off" as the saying goes and do not need to look at other people having fake sex to satisfy me. Thanks for your concern for my sex life though.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    We need to clear up a couple of things here...

1. No, I am not an employee of PWE. That aside, the information you get from me is not going to be a whole lot different from what you're going to get from Sparkie. In fact, I've actually provided this community with a lot more information on the client, on Arc, and on how they work, than most of the CM's and GM's we've had. You should try reading some of my posts.

2. Sounds like you've got a resource problem. You should also look into the difference between Lag and low FPS, because it sounds like you're talking about FPS.

3. Alienware is ****. Ever since they got bought out, it's just another high-end overpriced system with a ****-load of bloatware. I can build a system right now with twice the power for between $1,200 and $2000. It will run circles around their "high-end" system for upwards of $3-4,000. (Just did it a few months ago, plan to build another one soon with SLI.)

4. It doesn't matter how fast your internet is if your PC is overloaded with bloat. Choose to use wireless, and you can cut that speed in half. (At least)

5. The "spyware" in Arc is something you could opt-out of, and if you had bothered to pay attention to the install you might have noticed that.

6. The DQ this is something we're lucky to have in the first place. I'm surprised it's been around as long as it has. The fact that the ball has been dropped there is no surprise either. PWE doesn't have the staff allocated to this client that they used to.

Good luck waiting for Sparkie to see your QQ though, and even more luck to getting a response that is any better than the ones I've provided already.

If you'd like some help with your issues, I will need a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)
    Start a new thread in the tech support forum, or PM me.

Also, here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    LET me be more clear since I guess you didn't get that I wasn't asking you I was asking PWE.
    Sylen's post contained answers to questions he asked the CM, which is as close to an answer from PWE as you are going to get.
    And Arc did on two occasion put Spyware on my computer not just harmless tracking cookies to help navigate the Arc but spyware.
    Screenshots or it didn't happen.
    I'm a female, we don't get off on the visuals like you males do.
    Speak for yourself. Plenty of us other females like it just fine.
    I however have a man in my life that "gets me off" as the saying goes
    Perhaps you should get him to get on with that then, as you seem to have quite a bit of pent up frustration.Then come back and re-read Sylen's posts.b:chuckle

Edit: Aw ****, he ninja'd me.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    We need to clear up a couple of things here...

1. No, I am not an employee of PWE. That aside, the information you get from me is not going to be a whole lot different from what you're going to get from Sparkie. In fact, I've actually provided this community with a lot more information on the client, on Arc, and on how they work, than most of the CM's and GM's we've had. You should try reading some of my posts.

2. Sounds like you've got a resource problem. You should also look into the difference between Lag and low FPS, because it sounds like you're talking about FPS.

3. Alienware is ****. Ever since they got bought out, it's just another high-end overpriced system with a ****-load of bloatware. I can build a system right now with twice the power for between $1,200 and $2000. It will run circles around their "high-end" system for upwards of $3-4,000. (Just did it a few months ago, plan to build another one soon with SLI.)

4. It doesn't matter how fast your internet is if your PC is overloaded with bloat. Choose to use wireless, and you can cut that speed in half. (At least)

5. The "spyware" in Arc is something you could opt-out of, and if you had bothered to pay attention to the install you might have noticed that.

6. The DQ this is something we're lucky to have in the first place. I'm surprised it's been around as long as it has. The fact that the ball has been dropped there is no surprise either. PWE doesn't have the staff allocated to this client that they used to.

Good luck waiting for Sparkie to see your QQ though, and even more luck to getting a response that is any better than the ones I've provided already.

If you'd like some help with your issues, I will need a copy of the output from a dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.) (CODE tag is the # symbol in the editor.)
    Start a new thread in the tech support forum, or PM me.

Also, here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.

Wow you are dense, I said I don't care what you have to say. How much clear can I get. It show a lack in your ability to either read or comprehend what you read, whichever it is let me make it very very clear as simply as I can. I do not care what you have to say. As for me giving you any info regarding me or my equipment...are you high? I don't know you nor do I trust just any wannabe know it all with any info about me. No Thank you.
    Oh and just so you know I have a number of computers, the laptop is only the latest gift I got but I have 2 desk top both well under five years old, one is less then a year old and another laptop and all work great with any other game, some that have higher requirements then PWI. It's LAG not FPS that is the issue, and not just any lag but server side lag. Lag spikes to be more exact. I might not be a computer person but I do know the difference.
  • Velra - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2014
    Sylen's post contained answers to questions he asked the CM, which is as close to an answer from PWE as you are going to get.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Speak for yourself. Plenty of us other females like it just fine.

Perhaps you should get him to get on with that then, as you seem to have quite a bit of pent up frustration.Then come back and re-read Sylen's posts.b:chuckle

Edit: Aw ****, he ninja'd me.b:surrender

Well wow, people don't have anything better to do then think and talk about my sex life? Really? Well maybe you should go out and get one of your own then you wont have to fantasy about mine. And I'm not sexual frustrated, but this game does frustrated me at time in a very non-sexual way.

As for the screenshots I didn't bother since I'm pretty sure PWI wouldn't have done anything about it. And I'm done with this game and this company at this point. Weather is nice so I can find much more entertaining things to do in real life. I do hate cold weather and PWI did fill the time for me but there is always another MMO out there for next winter.

Last post so if you want to reply I'm not going to see it. Have a nice summer I know I will.
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm putting this here since I know a lot of you have questions/concerns with Arc regarding the forced integration. This will be strictly for feedback only. If you don't like Arc, that's fine but do not post if you have nothing constructive to say. If you have suggestions, or things you would like to see in the future, by all means post them here and I'll forward them to the team. (Barring they are legitimate)

Here is the blog, that will link to the thread: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

As for common questions:

Spyware: No, Arc is not spyware. If your AV is going off, you may want to check you don't have something else on your computer causing this.

Dual Clienting: Multiple posts have been made by SylenThunder on how to do this, here's one: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21425211&postcount=321

Cookies: No not the ones you eat, the web browsing ones. These work just like the ones on Google, Yahoo, our own website do.

Arc is Laggy: If you have too many programs open and your computer can't handle it, your programs will start to lag. Close down any processes you don't need via Cntrl+Alt+Delete>Task Manager. If that doesn't work, close and restart Arc.

If you have any others, feel free to post them so I can add them to the list. Be polite, be understanding, and most importantly, give constructive criticism so we can help you.

Let's start with not making players eat mandatory DRM/bloatware, and work our way from there.

Seriously, was the backlash shocking to you and your company? I had said it in the "We are not listening to our players about making Arc mandatory ASAP" thread, that people would be upset.

Guess what?

BOOM!

And that's not even a quarter of the discussion. There's the tech support area of the forums, the lower depths, and in all other PWE forums where Arc has become mandatory, there are also many hundreds of complaints.

Ignorant company is ignorant.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I'm a female, we don't get off on the visuals like you males do. In other words I don't do the prOn thing, but if that is what is causing your lag then you know what to do to fix it. I however have a man in my life that "gets me off" as the saying goes and do not need to look at other people having fake sex to satisfy me. Thanks for your concern for my sex life though.
    cool your tats old lady b:chuckle Nobody gives a rats **** if your female. I am too but gender isnt worth mentioning on a forum your the only one harping on it. I still look up and study my PC stuff, even build my own PC rather than screeching on a thread that shet dont work. (lolalienware) There are like 10+ threads on how to try fix the issue, which by looking at your responses towards Sylen you probably never even searched thoroughly, instead wasting your time to retort bk to others. "User Friendly" does not necessarily mean "Tard' Safe" for those who want to just toss money and expect the top of the line connection or system to do them magic wonders.
    have a nice day grumpy grandma b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Interesting, this has been un-stickied, and sparkie started a new thread, but he didn't say anything here. b:avoidb:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    okay the flames and sexual talk need to stop.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • reaper840
    reaper840 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    iv been playing PWI since the early 2001 and i have also played the command and conquer franchise which also runs on a multi-game platform...the origen platform has been around for as long as the PWI programing :circa 1999: they still cant fix the problems with the platform what makes you think you will be able too? b:surrender b:angry
  • LindaLV - Archosaur
    LindaLV - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

This yor Arck i see in one .... place, there cant any what find, all what it do, eat computer resurses. Cant find where Blesing receive, or DQ points.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited April 2014
    Interesting, this has been un-stickied, and sparkie started a new thread, but he didn't say anything here. b:avoidb:avoid

Thread was getting out of hand. Easier to start a new one with the sole purpose of feedback, so I can let our Arc devs know what's up and what players want.
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    so instead of enjoying our time playing a game we are trying to fix ur mistakes

come on if u have a stupid program is not ready why you have to bring it live, fix the ****ty thing and then bring it but to bring it and ask us to fix it and do all these things its just annoying

how pro u are !!

Dual Clienting: Multiple posts have been made by SylenThunder on how to do this, here's one: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=321

so instead of doing ur job u guys count on others and redirect ppl to a player post

you know that there is some ppl who cant get in to the game why dont u do an emergency maint and bring the thing back until u fix this stupid program

this is just a fail program

ya arc sux y u guys wanna do ths anyway?
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thread was getting out of hand. Easier to start a new one with the sole purpose of feedback, so I can let our Arc devs know what's up and what players want.

You are well aware of what players want.
    We want Arc Optional.
    Now pass this to the devs, please.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • camiraaus1
    camiraaus1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:angry i have spend hours now trying to log in. tried to access the link to the reapir tool it will not open, i have deleted and installed arc. it will not let me log in unless i download the game, i have turned off anit virus and spy ware ect. am admin on my laptop nothing will work i have to install pwi again. it sucks and i am not happy. i am offline now for a month of pwi because when its finish i am out of internet data. i guess you developers will never see this post, because you dont care. i am just 1 of millions, but heck fix the bugs and problems in game as well in arc. all you think about is to make sure your stupid boutique is running smoothly as. i did like this game its fun and entertaining. but come on fix up the bugs do beta runs to sort out bugs and problems. i had arc while it was beta but you never seem to fix anything. just put it out there and thats it. fixing problems never, when you going to fix the quest for the 2nd reborn quest? guess never like so many others. b:cry its sad a great game stuffed up by its own developers. well i be offline for the next month thanks a lot pwi.
    edited April 2014
    camiraaus1 wrote: »
    b:angry i have spend hours now trying to log in. tried to access the link to the reapir tool it will not open, i have deleted and installed arc. it will not let me log in unless i download the game, i have turned off anit virus and spy ware ect. am admin on my laptop nothing will work i have to install pwi again. it sucks and i am not happy. i am offline now for a month of pwi because when its finish i am out of internet data. i guess you developers will never see this post, because you dont care. i am just 1 of millions, but heck fix the bugs and problems in game as well in arc. all you think about is to make sure your stupid boutique is running smoothly as. i did like this game its fun and entertaining. but come on fix up the bugs do beta runs to sort out bugs and problems. i had arc while it was beta but you never seem to fix anything. just put it out there and thats it. fixing problems never, when you going to fix the quest for the 2nd reborn quest? guess never like so many others. b:cry its sad a great game stuffed up by its own developers. well i be offline for the next month thanks a lot pwi.

go to x:\your\pwi\directory\patcher and rename 'stringtab.txt' to 'we hate arc.txt'. Then just run the patcher normally.

Please Arc Games, stop making it difficult for us. Just leave Arc optional, players can't add zhen to a game they can't even play.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mofoisuisay
    mofoisuisay Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Originally Posted by sparkiesoft View Post
    I'm putting this here since I know a lot of you have questions/concerns with Arc regarding the forced integration. This will be strictly for feedback only. If you don't like Arc, that's fine but do not post if you have nothing constructive to say. If you have suggestions, or things you would like to see in the future, by all means post them here and I'll forward them to the team. (Barring they are legitimate)

Here is the blog, that will link to the thread: http://community.arcgames.com/en/new...rc-integration

For those of you having trouble getting Arc to recognize your game, go here: http://support.arcgames.com/app/answ...ry-repair-tool

As for common questions:

Spyware: No, Arc is not spyware. If your AV is going off, you may want to check you don't have something else on your computer causing this.

Dual Clienting: Multiple posts have been made by SylenThunder on how to do this, here's one: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=321

Cookies: No not the ones you eat, the web browsing ones. These work just like the ones on Google, Yahoo, our own website do.

Arc is Laggy: If you have too many programs open and your computer can't handle it, your programs will start to lag. Close down any processes you don't need via Cntrl+Alt+Delete>Task Manager. If that doesn't work, close and restart Arc.

If you have any others, feel free to post them so I can add them to the list. Be polite, be understanding, and most importantly, give constructive criticism so we can help you.

How about this for constructive criticism, Arc is useless not needed a waste of time !

All the talk on how Arc wont chew memory is bullshyte, how is it that Arc uses more memory then the element client if in fact it's supposed to use far less !

The issues around Arc not recognizing the already installed game is bullshyte too...the registry repair tool isn't working, i've tried it every which way i can and it still won't work .

Cookies if they not eatable then who needs more ? b:laugh

there was a rumor that after the game was running that you could close Arc down and not have it running in the back ground , this isn't the case.

The lagg issue suggestion to " REBOOT " lol any more bright idea's while beating around the bush ? face it ARC is the worst fkn idea in the world. Please do explain to me ( cause i'm not computer savvy ) how i went from 300ping and 20+ FPS to 1300 ping and 2 FPS through Arc using the less / minimal memory i was told it would? ofc you will blame my PC...cause Arc wouldn't be to blame would it

all i can see here is a useless bunch of half ***'d answers to everyone issues to try and get people to use a useless non required program to run a game that doesn't / didn't require it, and you wonder why people are leaving LMFAO wake the F.K. up .

I'm guessing as per usual as it's been shown over the years PWI doesn't give 2 hoots about it's player base, keep going PWI , soon you can close down and scratch your head over wtf you did to kill the game, well done.

b:angry

It's high time everyone stopped putting money into this game and let it die, then maybe someone might actually do something.

b:angry
  • tjb1972
    tjb1972 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is anyone else who has the virus protecter BullGuard getting a virus flag up 'Gen:Variant.Kazy 159562 when downloading the new Launcher? As it is putting the game straight into Quarantine and how this has got connected to this???
    edited April 2014
    @mofoisuisay you're just raging.

Correct at certain points but clearly exagerated when saying Arc consumes more RAM than elementclient.exe

It doesn't, Arc makes everything slow because of the useless overlay.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    camiraaus1 wrote: »

The link works fine, it takes you to the support center page where you need to click the download link, download it then unzip it, then run it. And for God's sake why do people insist on deleting the game and reinstalling when more often than not the fix is simple and usually right here on the forum.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014

To be fully honest I already try not to open too much programms while playing and the only process I don't really need would be Arc (if it wasn't mandatory for elementclient)

And yeah on my old laptop I do see a difference when I play now that Arc needs to be open.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • tiggerpink
    tiggerpink Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Since only being able to log on with arc now is there a way to multi client now or is that something else they have taken from players?
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited April 2014
    I must say it went more smoothly then anticipated. I was worried about dual client but that worked the same as it always did. I still don't see the use of Arc though. For me, it's just an extra screen to open and a 1time resetting all my preferences in game. I hope there will be something that shows a real use for this extra screen for a simple non-IT interested simple person. Till now it's just a "whatever" for me.
    And yeah on my old laptop I do see a difference when I play now that Arc needs to be open.

I also notice this on my old machine even if it wasn't as bad as anticipated. I'm sure it will bother more ppl this weekend for TW/NW.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    go to x:\your\pwi\directory\patcher and rename 'stringtab.txt' to 'we hate arc.txt'. Then just run the patcher normally.

Please Arc Games, stop making it difficult for us. Just leave Arc optional, players can't add zhen to a game they can't even play.

Thx, ARC was pissing me off, even if you kill it VIA task manager it comes back and you cannot kill other process only the browser ****, now after this ARC doesn't even appear, much appreciated. That **** consumes 100k + resources x.x
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thx, ARC was pissing me off, even if you kill it VIA task manager it comes back and you cannot kill other process only the browser ****, now after this ARC doesn't even appear, much appreciated. That **** consumes 100k + resources x.x

It's actually the other way around, you can kill ARC but not the ARC Overlay. And you can delete stringtab.txt rather than renaming. Also you can launch via Elementclient this way.