Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's nothing bad i saw inside ARC, it's pretty cool all thou i don't understand why we still have to launch the game in same way via ARC then launcher ? I thought that u guys will remove the current PWI launcher and bring something new inside ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    From what I can tell.
    Arc is a program we have to download and log into, just to run the patcher program that we had to run already before arc. Only way I see this making any sense at all is soon PWE is going to have forced ads within arc, generating money on a game that is on its way to being dead.

Also Multiclienting works the way it always has. I also found out that when you log into arc, and run the game, and then open up a 2nd client. You can close the first client and arc, then still be running the 2nd client without arc being on (no processes were running that I seen unless there are more then 3?)
    So if you want to play the game without running arc, give that a shot.

Again sparkie you guys launched something that isnt 100%, that doesnt work, that is giving a large part of the player base problems as well as your "fix" that doesnt work for a large portion of players. If you want to use the player base and beta testers you better pay us the same way you pay the forum mods. (custom made capes hint hint)

Ya dun ****ed up now. Congrats.
    NGTUy53.png

• Fifty_Shades - Archosaur
    Fifty_Shades - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Update of New Launcher
    Is anyone else who has the virus protecter BullGuard getting a virus flag up 'Gen:Variant.Kazy 159562 when downloading the new Launcher? As it is putting the game straight into Quarantine and how this has got connected to this???

Hi yes I have BullGuard and had that problem. I went into quarantine and restored the Gen Variant but it still didnt work.

I ended up dl game again this time BG switched off. Game downloaded, everything works when all was checked switched BG on again.
  • ahuha
    ahuha Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    eliminate the auto cultivation: its just glorified Botting::

make the jolly old jones bounty hunter quests unlimited . its presently limited to 7 a day per charactor..you restrict this but allow auto cultivation...
    fix the pet stowing glitch
    fix the racoon village glitch
    fix the quest " the letter "
    allow the inventory , bank, and cupboard bins to hold 9999 items
    allow more ppl to dig items .. like cinders quests , raccon ville quest jolly old jones bounty hunter at once ,, you stop ppl from doin this but allow auto cultivation,, this leads to kill stealing etc making it take twice or 3 times a long to do a quest .

im not a programmer,, all i want is plug n play..

this game is become nothing more than botting and nw ..i was looking for a game 4 years ago: i can take my wallet and find another game ,, its fine.
  • poria7
    poria7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i used regrepair Arc still not showing the game and every time i open the game it directs to Arc asking me to download the game again..>.>
    so what now???b:angry
    can this Arc get any Lamer?
  • Hunteres - Sanctuary
    Hunteres - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Usage feedback: I will not be forced to USE Arc. I have no interest in it. PW worked fine for me without it. I do not want extra programs running on my computer while I'm playing the game. Also, you say it is not spyware, but 3rd parties can use information gathered by it. That is spyware imo.

Constructive feedback: Make it optional, like it was before this last update.
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    When is PWI Staff taking care of the links on this page? Keep sent me to the main paige! F.uck it I' m tired of getting back to arc and not even seen the stuff I should be link too. BTW Arc still sucks on security..........how on fix issue before introduce that system to the players troats!
  • Amartir - Sanctuary
    Amartir - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    tjb1972 wrote: »
    Is anyone else who has the virus protecter BullGuard getting a virus flag up 'Gen:Variant.Kazy 159562 when downloading the new Launcher? As it is putting the game straight into Quarantine and how this has got connected to this???

I use fsecure and have the same problem. I remeber that there was a similar problem with an earlyer uppdate
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    poria7 wrote: »
    i used regrepair Arc still not showing the game and every time i open the game it directs to Arc asking me to download the game again..>.>
    so what now???b:angry
    can this Arc get any Lamer?

I don't know if that helps you. Reinstall your Arc

If Arc cannot call any of his useless Dlls, then it will not call the game.

Alternatively, delete stringtab.txt from patcher directory and run the game without Arc.
    tiggerpink wrote: »
    Since only being able to log on with arc now is there a way to multi client now or is that something else they have taken from players?

With the game running, go to X:\Path\To\PWI\element\elementclient.exe

You can create a link for that on your desktop.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xj22
    xj22 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Is there a way to download PWI without Arc? if so, i'd like to have a link please..
    also whoever knows a way to start the game without ****ING STUPID **** ARC please let mw know as well -.-

If some people like Arc, thats awesome, but forcing everyone on that **** now? thats not fair.. i hope some cashers will stop playing PWI so they ****ing close the damn game -.- they ruined it way too much..
  • FaIIyn - Lost City
    FaIIyn - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the scam gold sellers are still going strong on all of PWI servers but yes PWE lets try forcing arc on players who have said for months NO WE DONT WANT THIS!!! you guys cant even figure out how to stop scammer/gold sellers!! how do you expect us to trust you to figure out a system like arc???

for the record, since maint is the deadest i have even seen LC server since it opened. maybe people cant log in because of arc issues or they just quit. either way you lost customers. maybe you will give another 2x event to make people stop complaining.
  • noodlepunch
    noodlepunch Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Alternatively, delete stringtab.txt from patcher directory and run the game without Arc.

With the game running, go to X:\Path\To\PWI\element\elementclient.exe

You can create a link for that on your desktop.

Thank you so very much for this info. I was unable to get the registry fix to work for finding my already installed game nor was changing the path name working. It would keep telling me I had to download the game but wouldn't finish the download.

It's a terrible shame the tech savvy player base has to find these workarounds for a company that gets plenty of our money and continues to show a real lack of giving a shet.
  • BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary
    BlessOfMurga - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    well tnx to ppl said about stringtab.txt in posts before

find stringtab.txt in patcher folder, dont delete or anything

open stringtab.txt with notepad look after line no 177 Quit you will see below it things about Arc
    just remove those line and you should be able to run PWI like before no more idiotic arcb:angry
  • poria7
    poria7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014

ty the stringtab thingi helped me out...hope there wont be a problem in future.. >.<
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    let me post something in the latest lightning rod thread, too.
    so in this thread this is going on:

the authorities pretend they are making changes, players pretend they are heard.

b:cute
  • trekaholic
    trekaholic Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Ok WTF is going on my PWI was working perfectly after yesterdays update but today it comes up and says it needs ARC installed to run it. I do not like any programs that use an overlay but i went ahead and installed ARC to check it out. i try to start PWI again and what happens ARC decides it needs to download the game it doesn't acknowledge that it is already installed b:angry This tells me ARC like all things PWI touch was not properly debugged before foisting it on us. I do not want to run ARC please do another update to remove the dependancy on ARC before you loose all of your players.
    As always PWI is proving its total lack of regard to what their player base wants. Rather than adrees real issues like bugs in the game you come up with this piece of junk that has no benefit to the players at all, in fact it degrades the performance of our PC's. Its time you realised the players are your breadbascket alienate us and your out of a job. b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    This Arc Client is the Worst Idea in PW History....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2014

Couldn't you just go into that file and delete the following?:
    174 You need to install Arc
    175 To start the game
    176 Install
    177 Quit
    178 Please download and install Arc,
    179 Then start game from Arc, the site is:
    180 http://www.arcgames.com/
    181 ArcInstall.exe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Burningloki - Sanctuary
    Burningloki - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PWI before the integration was running fine and smooth. Now because PWI essentialy slaved to Arc, connection to the servers has been unstable to the point of near unplayable. Do you people even have a quality control department or a basic sense of more thorough testing before publication? Because I can sure as hell tell you that this "integration" is abysmal and has caused more problems than solutions. The Result: Your playerbase numbers take a nosedive, your profits plummet, and, eventually if nothing is actually done, your stocks are going to drop like bricks. Your investors as well as what few customers are left, are not going to like that at all.
  • dragoriaani
    dragoriaani Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    PWI was such a nice and easy game to play. Now I struggle to get into the game. I already downloaded PWI on my pc and also downloaded arc. Now when I want to play the game it takes me to ARC every-time, where they ask me to download the game again> I spend alot of money and cap on first download of PWI and now they want me to spend even more to download again what I already downloaded!!!!! Is this a way of making more money off me or just to steal my money? I really had enough of PWI now. If you launch something like arc or integrate it with PWI, u need to have EVERYTHING in place before you launch. I dont want to struggle with a game and therefore I am not going to play anymore.
  • Kasira - Harshlands
    Kasira - Harshlands Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Whichever way you look at it, this nonsense with Arc has to be bad for business. Yes, this time it's easy to bypass but what about next time? There's a lot of people, myself included, who simply don't want that thing on their PC and will quit if they ever find a way to force it on us. Knowing that's a real possibility is going to make people think twice about spending. I'm certainly not going to spend anything knowing that in two months time they might come up with a way to make PWI unplayable without it. I have to wonder if they've thought this through. Giving your customers what they want is the key to a good business, not enforcing things on them against their will. People can go elsewhere and PWI will only have themselves to blame if they do.
  • Conanedogawa - Lost City
    Conanedogawa - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:chuckle I love this new arc thing. Heard alot about ppl getting ban for logging without arc. SO GMs is that true?

For me so far I just begin deleting arc and start pwi like old days. unistal arc will fail, but it wont be running. Much less lag now b:laugh
    I'll keep a note on line no177 for next time.
    Behold, the undead will be unleashed b:laugh

100 2ndrb Sage Sin, 101 1strb Demon Sin, 101 no-rb Demon Cleric, 102 no-rb Demon Psy, 98 no-rb Sage Seeker, 95 no-rb Demon Cleric, 90 no-rb Sage Barb, 89 1strb Sage Cleric, 87 1strb Sage Psy, 84 no-rb Wiz, 82 2ndrb Sage Veno, 81 no-rb Ea, 80 no-rb Myst, 78 2nd rb Demon Bm
  • rawkjawk
    rawkjawk Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I am absolutely both amazed and appauled at the lack of respect pw has had for its customer base lately. We have all said this **** is a bad idea from the get go and it doesnt appear that PW gave two ****s less. I honestly use multi clienting alot to help open hh for people, open frost gate for me when im selling big rooms etc etc. Many new players rely on dq points to help level up and get them through quests. Instead of completly re installing the game on a rurual dsl connection (which is going to take anywhere from 3 hours to probably all day) I'm honestly thinking about uninstalling what has become one of the most worthless mmo's of all time.
  • expertlol
    expertlol Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    b:cuteCustomers are number one in any buisness. Without customers you will not have a business.
    Satisfiying the customers is very important. The dollars customers spend for services rendered should be upheld in any market. The refusal to comply with guidelines and rules for Customer satisfaction, will create a snowball effect for your company in the near future.

Tampering with flawed beta testing software and the CONSUMERS privacy RIGHTS currently is
    a issue. The NEW ARC cleint utiliezes to much CUP and send data back n forth continuelously
    making game play that much more difficult.

The lack of Representation/MisRepresentation such as Management or others to assist customers with current information about the changes is a on going Problem.

To think the GAMING community doesnt have RIGHTS is flawed. WE do have rights.

We have the *right to uninstall PWI
    We have the *right to take are money to another game.
    We have the *right to Complain to the BBB better buisness bureau
    We have the *right to submit Complaints to GAMING MAGAZINES AND OTHER WEB SITES FOR
    new gamers to read and review.
    We have the *right to request full refunds.

Further more the continued flaws (glitches) that continue to not be ADDRESSED and RESOLVED
    have really made game play issues.

The hope is that this game can be enjoyed by everyone, and the above issued addressed in a positive manner. Before more gamers walk away.

All my love , Compassion for all humans.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So i feel obligated to point out...and sparkiesoft should hopefully be mentioning this to the big heads above that be...that CLEARLY it was a bad idea to push an unfinished beta version of a program on players...from what i am seeing from the MASS of people making posts with all kinds of different..and similar.. issues with arc and many not being able to get into the game that maybe, just MAYBE PWE pushed arc too soon. I mean seriously so many people are saying they dislike the program, others are posting ways around the program, and COUNTLESS NUMBERS are saying they are not even able to play. Way to go PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    In my opinion, this went pretty badly. Not from personal experience, but from seeing the experiences of others. I've never seen an integration so obscure that it caused wildly different effects on different people.
    People still not needing arc, people who do but got around it, people who can't use arc but the official fix worked, people who can't use arc but the official fix did not work. It's just all over the place O.O How is this an integration exactly?

I used arc, once, to see it for myself. It worked as directed, but so what?
    It has only 1 function to me, to get Jones/O'malley's blessings or any other 'rewards' pwi sends us. Even when it's not in Beta form and has all the projected functions, it will still be useless to me. For I only play one PWE game, and loath social media. Even if I didn't hate social media as much as I do, Facebook/Twitter etc is a better place to do it, since practically everyone uses those, where you can keep in contact with everyone you know, not just PWE gamers.

More steps to launch a game does not equal safe or better, just more opportunity for things to go wrong. Ask any Steam gamer how they feel when they can't log into Steam games when the application goes down occasionally, you really want PWE games to suffer from that same issue?

If you want people to test a BETA product, have an opt in, ask for testers, don't make it "integral" to the process for everyone first and ask questions afterwards.
    People want it to be optional, so make it optional, stop ignoring a completely reasonable request.
    For now, and the projected future, all arc is is an program to launch a program to patch the game to launch the game. Exactly like asking your mother to ask your brother to ask your sister to tell you the time -_-
  • tusk65
    tusk65 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    i think i quit the game if there any more bs like this comes out
  • Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    What we need is a guide atm, something with screenshots because i returned from a break of the game and i have no clue where to get jones blessing atm.
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    What we need is a guide atm, something with screenshots because i returned from a break of the game and i have no clue where to get jones blessing atm.

Here you go for the blessings. http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3034763-free-blessings-for-everyone_ And you should also give Sylen's thread a look over, it's linked in the OP.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • mannanekotenshi
    mannanekotenshi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Thank you for the links. It saved me a couple of days of re-downloading with the repair tool for Arc to recognize my already installed PWI.

However I did have to search quite a few forums to find this.
    I'm missing a message board on the first page with all the basic info. Something like sticky notes. With titles that give you good directions and keywords.

I really don't see any good in this Arc platform. It just takes space and it's not a genuine as the original Perfect World website.

In my opinion you guys might loose many players that way. Because some people just aren't that good with fixing programs :S
    And I am a person that dislikes changes and all this globalizing stuff.

May the lords of Archosaur forbid you to integrate PWI with Facebook. That would be a complete disaster!

I hope there will be no more surprises like this.

Love,
    Manna b:cute