[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    f:fan Still there. Problem is you can't see the link because of the forum theme change. Just hover your mouse over where the link used to be.

f:grin woot....nope didnt work apparently
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • raaa
    raaa Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    are servers up?
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    Zytreta - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Yep. Minimum of an hour to go before we can commence raging at them for being late.

The link is there but invisible because of layout change. f:gone

The emotes themselves... well sometimes we couldn't see them before but I'll ask to see if they survived the layout being changed or if it nuked them. And I'll be very upset if the layout change nuked them.

Actually aren't they 10 mins late now?
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

- You say you can lose stuff ... are you unaware of Safety Lock? People on my server set it to many hours and PvP all day long with no risk whatsoever of ever losing anything.

I disagree with your metaphor regarding save state/cheat codes. I play a style that involves cooperation with others and working towards common goals. While I concede that TW does involve PvP and also has teams working for common goals, I simply feel that random PK does not.

Good Luck!

^5 i play pwi for the group cooperation too. if i wanted to 1v1 something/someone i'd play on a different platform of a single player game :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    LOL oops.. I said OPPossy before but that was totally a typo xD sorry OPKossy b:kiss
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    Options

It's scheduled to be til 2 AM PST so 50 minutes to go, give or take.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited March 2014
    Options

nope not late at all. still have 49mins
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

When it's slotted for 3 hours but it;s been 2? no.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My post got deleted too? i was merely offering another player a challenge....so i kinda feel gipped but oh well. I love pvp and would honestly do it alot more if i could afford the better gear i really need...even though i do enjoy beating up r9rr players with my little t3.

Lol beating people up isnt the word TZ b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
    edited March 2014
    Options
    nikeosa wrote: »
    COME ON PWI what type of business are you running here? Servers should be up 11 minutes ago so hurry!!!

I needa set my bot and sleep you know? gg gg

b:chuckle

lol i'd rage right with ya if u werent 45mins off >_> 2am server time isnt for another 45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I rather enjoy the wait for server to be back up...gives me time to spend with lovely people on forums. <3 you all xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amberdream - Heavens Tear
    Amberdream - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Too long, no one read. But tis why you're on a PvE server. Those of us that joined a PvP server signed up for it.. we know the risk (well.. some of us do) and that's WHY we came here.. the risk. To me it's no fun to play a MMO with no risk.. it's just not as fun. But when you can lose your stuff.. that adds fun to it. I've lost everything in the past and work to get it back.. that's fun to me. Sorry that you wanna be safe and blue name forever.. that's like just playing a single player game and loading a save state when things go bad... or using cheat codes.

Then go enjoy the risk and not tell us the way we love to play is like game with cheat codes D;
    I don't like killing other people. And yes i'm on a pvp server.. And I'm liking it :D
    test
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sinningblade - Sanctuary
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    hope they come up soon
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ^5 i play pwi for the group cooperation too. if i wanted to 1v1 something/someone i'd play on a different platform of a single player game :D

No.. still... you play a PvE server for just that. People that play a PVP sever sign up for it... so your point in invalid. Sure you can switch to PvP on a PvE server... but Harshlands and Lost City.. you don't have that option. BUT WE SIGN UP FOR IT! We made our toons here... you didn't. So you have no say in this. You make a toon on PvP and you're asking for RPK. Simple as that. No question. Seriously. Anyone that complains should just reroll on one of the many PvE servers.. no one is stopping you?
  • malinozes
    malinozes Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Any manual patch links yet
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I laugh at many people that talk about pvp servers having better PVPers than pve servers....i would like to say that that is a false stigma. Just because you pvp all the time on a pvp server does NOT make you better at it. I for one would challenge ANYONE to come to Raging Tide and pvp 1v1 against me equal geared...id love to give them a hand at dying xD. ijs PVP is so much fun but u dont HAVE to be on a PVP server to do it. PVE servers have great pkers too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Why is the PvP thing even a question? I wish PWI was more like one of the other PWE games like Jade Dynasty. Where you can switch servers whenever. Wanna PvP? Go to a PvP server.. PvE? PvE server.. just switch at will. But when you're on a PvP server.. you have NO right to cry about RPK... it happens.. and you'd do it too if you were able :/ sheesh
  • christos1974
    christos1974 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PVP is the reason i am playing MMOs.
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I laugh at many people that talk about pvp servers having better PVPers than pve servers....i would like to say that that is a false stigma. Just because you pvp all the time on a pvp server does NOT make you better at it. I for one would challenge ANYONE to come to Raging Tide and pvp 1v1 against me equal geared...id love to give them a hand at dying xD. ijs PVP is so much fun but u dont HAVE to be on a PVP server to do it. PVE servers have great pkers too.

I never said that if you were talking about me :P I realize PvE servers have good PvPers.. if only they weren't hiding behind the PvE shield ;P
    PVP is the reason i am playing MMOs.

High five, dude! b:dirtyb:kiss You on HL? PM me after maint
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I never said that if you were talking about me :P I realize PvE servers have good PvPers.. if only they weren't hiding behind the PvE shield ;P

No i wasnt really speaking of anything you said merely a random thought...i have heard many players on my server say..."Oh he talks alot of trash but he would die on a pvp server so fast" It is just an amusing thought to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blueman33
    blueman33 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    30min more server up b:laugh b:chuckle
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lol i'd rage right with ya if u werent 45mins off >_> 2am server time isnt for another 45

Depends on what coast you are. 2am on my server woulda been a couple hours ago :P
  • norax912892
    norax912892 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Okay :(.

Btw, what the HELL happened to our fox smilies on the forum? I've been robbed of my foxes b:angry
    blueman33 wrote: »
    30min more server up b:laugh b:chuckle

:(:(:(
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Wouldnt that be the same thing as white names hiding in safezone shield b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No i wasnt really speaking of anything you said merely a random thought...i have heard many players on my server say..."Oh he talks alot of trash but he would die on a pvp server so fast" It is just an amusing thought to me.

b:chuckle Then he should turn his PvP on. I know you guys have PvP players xD but maybe it more of a "He couldn't quest without having PvE on"? Which I kiiiiinda envy you guys for having but.. I don't think I'd have it any other way. I live for this. I get RPKed but I don't cry about it. It's fun to me. I don't die irl cause of it.. so what's the deal? I fight back. Some times i win... most times I die.. whatever. It's FUN! It's a game, man. Shouldn't you have fun? I do
  • ChocoMia - Archosaur
    ChocoMia - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    bump for bh today/fsp/uch/fw/fl/fc b:surrender
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle Then he should turn his PvP on. I know you guys have PvP players xD but maybe it more of a "He couldn't quest without having PvE on"? Which I kiiiiinda envy you guys for having but.. I don't think I'd have it any other way. I live for this. I get RPKed but I don't cry about it. It's fun to me. I don't die irl cause of it.. so what's the deal? I fight back. Some times i win... most times I die.. whatever. It's FUN! It's a game, man. Shouldn't you have fun? I do

Make a toon in the RT server ijs...and come stand outside west arch gate and watch and read the hilarity of the pk we have....ijs it is better than any daily soap u can possibly watch anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _evil_angel - Heavens Tear
    _evil_angel - Heavens Tear Posts: 394 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Btw, what the HELL happened to our fox smiley's on the forum? I've been robbed of my foxes b:angry

b:shocked Wow! They really did take the Fox smilies out... Thats lame...b:sad

I truly hope that they've only done a temporary Pull on them, or at the very least are just getting ready to drop in another type of new smiley set for us instead...b:thanks
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wouldnt that be the same thing as white names hiding in safezone shield b:bye

Says a blue name. But yes, I agree. Sure some people hide from PvP on our server.. I have no idea why.. if you spend money here.. you have great BOUND gear.. if no.. I guess you don't wanna lose what you got. I think it's more of an ego thing... people don't wanna lose, ya know? I've never backed down from a challenge unless it was **** on my part... like a r9 sin calling me 1/4th nirvana gear *** out xD but no one my own lvl/gear has beat me yet so... s'all good.