[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

SweetieBot, report server status please.
    Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE

SweetieBot, please find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 775-777 14.5MB (15209973 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Firstly though they have MANY things that need fixing first...such as the cursed mount glitch....that really burns my britches. And QQ i wanna finish my 2nd reborn culti but i cant use that letter to dig the item near Valley of disaster....but here we have another patch JUST fixing grammar errors...like we dont know what the skills already do xD

CALL. CHINA. AND. TELL. THEM. TO. HURRY. UP. THEN.

b:cute

#wanmeihatesus
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    Zytreta - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If we could switch server by paying real money... Hum I guess to much people would go on a PvE server and then switch their chars for a PvP... :/ Not really interessing for them I guess since on a PvE server is easier because of more people on etc.

Ok, that sorta made sense. But you'd have people leave PvE servers for the PvP ones. And PWE would make money xD you can go around being an a-hole and then change your name.. how's that different?
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    ENOUGH !!! I want to play the game ! SO please get up the update server and then the Servers !! Thank you ! f:cute f:angry
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cherryfive - Dreamweaver
    Cherryfive - Dreamweaver Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    First of all, you have a CHOICE to participate. That's great. I wouldn't want to be headed to the next town to turn in a quest and get an arrow in the back LOL! Second, PvP allows you to learn what your weak areas are. Even if you do not win, knowing what hurts you the most can really be a help when it becomes the time to make a decision about new gear or gems.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I do believe, iirc, that this has been suggested before and was shut down. Too many issues arose such as scammers jumping from server to server, people coming from one server to another and causing massive economic changes, etc. There were many reasons, but alas I really don't feel like looking through the Search function at the moment x.x

My thread about scammers http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1677421 ijs cough cough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    CALL. CHINA. AND. TELL. THEM. TO. HURRY. UP. THEN.

b:cute

#wanmeihatesus

Oh good.. that wasn't just me? I've kept that letter.. it's been weeks though and they just put sales on.. there's no real fixes. Glitches that have been around for 5 years are still in effect. If you keep feeding them money... why fix it? Right?
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ok, that sorta made sense. But you'd have people leave PvE servers for the PvP ones. And PWE would make money xD you can go around being an a-hole and then change your name.. how's that different?

You see, another point that was made that I just recalled reading this, is the fact that things are usually substantially cheaper on a PVE server as to PVP. This is because only those who choose to PVP are buying them, so the demand is not as high.

People debated that, say, a person could go to a PVE server where items like MOGs, GSTs, gold, Cube necks, etc were much cheaper than, say, Lost City. Then, once they're all geared up, come back to their PVP server and just wreak havoc.

Some of these reasons as to why not were quite silly.
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bahahaha WC noobs don't count :P trust me.. HL has our share of them X_x

ours is Better :) Raging Trolls or can be called Rising Tides b:chuckle b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    My thread about scammers http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1677421 ijs cough cough

Bahahahah! Anyone that falls for a scam... deserves it.
  • Xsweetdreamx - Harshlands
    Xsweetdreamx - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    PvP was fun years ago when TT90 was end game gear and people who had gold Lunar weapon was something like gods of pwi.Anni and rep pack sales killed it all.

Totaly agree, i left the game when my archer lvl 90 3years ago, came back to OVER the top PvP, the higher lvls in my opin, should only be let to RPK in the higher lvl map's, leave Silver pool and other area's in the main map to the people that wana quest have a bit of fun, with out the R9 higher taking all the fun away becasue they can, totaly unfair, and i have to say, I really dont like PWI right now, ALL the FUNNNNNN has gone.... Just lvl up do ya best still be weakb:angry not only adults play this (who can spend loads amount of money on the ) but Children play ( who cant buy gold to rank there gear) and its spoilt it BIG timeb:angry

Well that's what i think anyway, not that it will be taken into account....
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Bahahahah! Anyone that falls for a scam... deserves it.

Read my thread though....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Perhaps all that is needed is a map like Nation Wars where players can enter the instance from any server. When done, the players return to their original server. Trading is disabled and nothing "drops", so no chance of cheating by transfering stuff from one server to another. For a reward, use the Arena method of charging a fee to enter and "winner takes all" less PWI's 5%.
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Firysia - Heavens Tear
    Firysia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Well I was just saying what I think... XD

Anyway for making a cleric on a pvp server, hum, will think about it... :P In condition lol, you will help me!! :D ( Im joking )
  • Sinningblade - Sanctuary
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Firstly though they have MANY things that need fixing first...such as the cursed mount glitch....that really burns my britches. And QQ i wanna finish my 2nd reborn culti but i cant use that letter to dig the item near Valley of disaster....but here we have another patch JUST fixing grammar errors...like we dont know what the skills already do xD

not to mention getting stuck while tracking npc or target on pet b:angry then you have to relog just to get unstuck or use teleport stones b:angry
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options

I spy some shameless self advertising >.>
    Oh good.. that wasn't just me? I've kept that letter.. it's been weeks though and they just put sales on.. there's no real fixes. Glitches that have been around for 5 years are still in effect. If you keep feeding them money... why fix it? Right?

I think I read somewhere that most of the developing companies that Wanmei hired to take over from the original devs didn't really know the code all that well. They couldn't figure out what was where and how to fix it and/or just didn't bother. We should start seeing older things start getting fixed one by one now that the original developers are back and know exactly what the source code is and where everything should be.

Here's hoping anyway.
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You see, another point that was made that I just recalled reading this, is the fact that things are usually substantially cheaper on a PVE server as to PVP. This is because only those who choose to PVP are buying them, so the demand is not as high.

People debated that, say, a person could go to a PVE server where items like MOGs, GSTs, gold, Cube necks, etc were much cheaper than, say, Lost City. Then, once they're all geared up, come back to their PVP server and just wreak havoc.

Some of these reasons as to why not were quite silly.

if it were a pvp style realm alone where u could not buy or sell anything in said zone would fix this type of issue. not a cross over total, where u can do quests/instances in a different realm just a pvp realm of its own
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    not to mention getting stuck while tracking npc or target on pet b:angry then you have to relog just to get unstuck or use teleport stones b:angry

That is the mount glitch...as i stated xD That is truly annoying as all get go
    I spy some shameless self advertising >.>

Better believe it xD i spent time on that post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    yup, they are called realms, think they were used in war of immortals, a game pwi made, sadly it died a while ago

Oh really? I never played that one.. but it's PWE btw.. and I was thinking more of the Jade Dynasty way.. it's a PWE game and also like what you said, different realms.. I only said "realms?" cause it might be a different name in PWI xD I mean we call them factions rather than guilds :P
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey guys. Maintenance is running a bit long. We currently anticipate that the servers will be up no later than 3am.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• matthew4
    matthew4 Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    No I do not like pvp. only in behalf R9r3 and credit card T3 no chance on win
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    That is the mount glitch...as i stated xD That is truly annoying as all get go

Better believe it xD i spent time on that post

Yep... a simple fix. But it's been around for weeks, right?
    matthew4 wrote: »
    No I do not like pvp. only in behalf R9r3 and credit card T3 no chance on win

Post on your name.. not your account name to hide :S
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Oh really? I never played that one.. but it's PWE btw.. and I was thinking more of the Jade Dynasty way.. it's a PWE game and also like what you said, different realms.. I only said "realms?" cause it might be a different name in PWI xD I mean we call them factions rather than guilds :P

I'd like to clarify here that PWE have made NONE of the games here. PWE is the English-language publishing subsidiary of Wanmei (PW Beijing). That's why the fixes all come from across the seas. This excludes mobile app games of course. Heck, Wanmei had Archosaur Studios build this game >_>
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hey guys. Maintenance is running a bit long. We currently anticipate that the servers will be up no later than 3am.

3 am your time? QQ really....that is another hour wait...TIME TO RAGE..jk jk b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

b:chuckle No surprise
  • Completed - Archosaur
    Completed - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:cry
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Options
    3 am your time? QQ really....that is another hour wait...TIME TO RAGE..jk jk b:cry

At least we were told, T D:! DRY THOSE TEARS BUDDY.
  • Firysia - Heavens Tear
    Firysia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I wanna play!! b:cryb:angry
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle No surprise

is it cuz some ppl were being admitted ***** an took time to delete said ***** posts??? j/k j/k :P just wanted to give ya a hard timeb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Ugh! This craft beer tastes like grass :S