[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    shows server staus as being up, why cant i log game?

Server status is most likely buggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TammyEilean - Dreamweaver
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

Patch Notes:

Localization
    Classes
    Blademaster
    *Corrected a typo in the Mage Bane tooltip to more accurately describe its effects.

Mystic
    *The Demon version of Energy Leech now displays the correct duration.

Venomancer
    *The Demon version of Bramble Guard now displays the correct duration.

Wizard
    *Elemental Invocation no longer displays its cast and channel times in meters.

Quests
    *The quest log for Blighter's Punishment no longer contains corrupted text.

User Interface
    *The "Walk behind enemy" Combo button has been renamed "Repeat" to be more accurate to its functionality.
    *The German version of the patcher is no longer displaying English ads.
    *The Seeker class in character creation no longer incorrectly has the Mystic header.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

Do you like to PvP? If not, why so?

I still don't see the solution to the flying pet problem :(
    Just to re-hash....the player STILL has to be grounded to summon a flying pet. NOT a good idea when the pet is in battle and dies. Having to find a clear and safe spot on the ground to re-summon.

NOT a fan of PVP. It only satisfies the poor bored players that topped out on power, skills and equipment.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    its all nice that you fix like a seeker mystic header but i would like it better if you fixed bugged quests
    the Letter Ash quest still isnt done i know a header or a fault in a skill name is very important but we are here to play and do quests and we cant do them if they wont get fixed

I'm on a broken record here I swear;

We are still waiting on the developers in CHINA to send through fixes to these issues.
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    Zytreta - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, 3/5/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

To clear any confusion, Today is the 4th and this patch will not be available until tomorrow the 5th at the specified time PST.

Patch Notes:

Localization
    Classes
    Blademaster
    *Corrected a typo in the Mage Bane tooltip to more accurately describe its effects.

Mystic
    *The Demon version of Energy Leech now displays the correct duration.

Venomancer
    *The Demon version of Bramble Guard now displays the correct duration.

Wizard
    *Elemental Invocation no longer displays its cast and channel times in meters.

Quests
    *The quest log for Blighter's Punishment no longer contains corrupted text.

User Interface
    *The "Walk behind enemy" Combo button has been renamed "Repeat" to be more accurate to its functionality.
    *The German version of the patcher is no longer displaying English ads.
    *The Seeker class in character creation no longer incorrectly has the Mystic header.

*Misc. grammatical fixes.

This week's maintenance question:

Do you like to PvP? If not, why so?

If you don't like PvP... play a PvE server? Siiiimple as that. b:bye
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    If you don't like PvP... play a PvE server? Siiiimple as that. b:bye

This thread specifically asks for everyones personal opinion on the matter...no reason to talk down to them just cuz they dislike PVP ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    This thread specifically asks for everyones personal opinion on the matter...no reason to talk down to them just cuz they dislike PVP ijs.

How is that talking down to someone??? LOL Simply stating MY opinion.. there are way more servers for PvE.. so... why roll on one of the 2 PvP servers if you don't like PvP? Seems like common sense?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    You know... if you're going to attempt to troll a mod and be a smart aleck, when the obvious result of (any) mod removing the post happens... you really shouldn't be shocked about it.

Thank you for at least presenting one post that wasn't trolling/flaming/baiting/etc, by the way.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    How is that talking down to someone??? LOL Simply stating MY opinion.. there are way more servers for PvE.. so... why roll on one of the 2 PvP servers if you don't like PvP? Seems like common sense?

Im not going to even justify what you say with a further response..ill just let the mods delete ur posts cuz they apparently see what you are up to and dont like it either. OPKossy for the win. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Im not going to even justify what you say with a further response..ill just let the mods delete ur posts cuz they apparently see what you are up to and dont like it either. OPKossy for the win. b:victory

Wait... you're not going to reply to what I said........ with a reply? Am I high or did you just do what you said you wouldn't do? b:bye
  • Ari__ - Heavens Tear
    Ari__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i see someones making the mods jobs harder then they have to be. ~applause~ for thier trigger finger way to go ^5

I dont like pvp which is why i play on a pve server. even if i could put all the money in the world on game have the best of the best and i mean the BEST of the best, i still wouldnt pvp. i dislike killing someone an feel guilty i did, and i dislike losing so its not an option for me. :D
    Im Naughty & Sweet wanna come play?
    LexieAnnya (101 BM)~~~~90% retired
    Ari__ (Awakened Sin)
    oOElectaOo (101 Veno)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sweets_Candy (101 Cleric)
    Aris_Kitty (Awakened Barb)
    Kidaagakashh (73 and growing Archer)
    Andrammada (73 and growing Wizzy)
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    I love 2x. But the bot hunting gonna be UNREAL. Gotta get in to buy my tickets quick! It'll be a crazy show of animations.
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    I love 2x. But the bot hunting gonna be UNREAL. Gotta get in to buy my tickets quick! It'll be a crazy show of animations.

Can't send a ticket on a skill... "Oh no.. that cleric 1 shot me with cyclone.. better send a ticket." It's just the risk we signed up for joining a pvp server. Sure it sucks that sins can rob you.. but whatever.. make a sin then lol
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    In general, I do not like PvP.

NW and TW aside, I do not participate in any instances that are PvP enabled. I have come to accept TW, as lately we have fought against several factions that are very evenly matched to ours. That is definitely a lot more fun that either winning or losing in under 15 minutes.

I did NW long enough to get my weapon upgraded, and then I stopped. I never found it to be much fun ... and the fact that players are not randomly assigned nations means that OP 10-man squads can form before entering NW and basically lay waste to everything they meet. If EVERY player was randomly assigned a Nation and had to form a squad afterwards, I might feel a bit different about attending.

Another place I loathe PvP is in the Cube of Fate. Perhaps allowing red/white players to PK each other in the cube would be okay, but random sins popping out of stealth to stun and shred me (Blue named) while I am opening a chest in room 48 is not my definition of fun.

My blocked list is almost always full, and because of that, I spend most of my day with World Chat turned off because the bickering, name-calling and worse gets very annoying. And for the most part it is all because someone hates someone else because of some perceived wrong they have done most likely centered on PK. There are even players who use the PvP rules to deliberately scam newer players who want to learn PvP.

And, why I think PvP is basically dead as a style of play (on the PvE servers at least) is because when PWI added PvP mode to Secret Passage, all that the PK players did was camp the entrance and kill EVERYONE over level 30 who was Blue Named. It was disgusting behaviour, and ultimately PWI threatened bans to anyone who PKed in SP, and now I believe the PvP is again disabled in there.

Yet if PvP players wanted a place to practice PvP, SP would have been fine. All they had to do was get out of the central room and away from the main entrance and leave regular players alone. There are plenty of side rooms and halls that would give ample space to PK without being obnoxious to other players who did not want to be PKed on a **PVE** server.

In other games I have played were PK is an option, there are rules and etiquette that is completely lacking here. For example, not killing (and in some cases not even being able to attack) someone who is significantly lower level than you. If someone attacks you, no matter what level, you have the right to attack back, but you cannot instigate an attack on someone that is 10+ levels lower than you are.

That PWI allows and even condones Level 105 players to attack level 30 players is ridiculous, and exposes the true motive behind PWI's game design ... they want you to **** of others and be pissed off, because your anger and frustration will turn into sales as you pay to revamp your gear so you can get your revenge. Don't fall for it ... it's a trap!

In addition to the ideas above, for the last of my $0.02 worth: PWI should:

- Eliminate PKing Blue Named players in the Cube on PvE servers (excluding the PvP rooms perhaps, but even there players should have a 20 second invincibility when they enter so they can choose to fight or pay to leave.)

- Provide an area where new-to-PvP players can practice and learn without the threat of losing their possessions (fix the arena perhaps?)

- Ban players who engage in excessive "trash talk" in World Chat. A bit of horseplay is fine, but some days the vulgarity and vitriol is so vile as to constitute a crime if it were spoken face to face in a public place (freedom of speech does not permit you to make death threats against a person or their family, even in a game).

And to those of you who "Love PvP" ... go to a PvP server! Why you would hang around on a PvE server where the action is minimal is beyond me.

Regardless of your stance on PvP, however, Good Luck!
    b:bye
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    Wait... you're not going to reply to what I said........ with a reply? Am I high or did you just do what you said you wouldn't do? b:bye
    ... Let's try to keep this at least somewhat decent?

You're progressing past outright super obvious (aside from your last removed post to me which, by the way, all PWI staff and mods can see, so it's not as if anything is hidden from us) and moving towards something more normally tolerated on the forums, even if certain mods/players may or may not agree with it. No need to revert back to outright trolling and flaming.
    Can't send a ticket on a skill... "Oh no.. that cleric 1 shot me with cyclone.. better send a ticket." It's just the risk we signed up for joining a pvp server. Sure it sucks that sins can rob you.. but whatever.. make a sin then lol
    It was a joke about selling tickets to a show involving bots and bots getting hunted because of 2x. Not something about literally ticketing bots or sending tickets for being PK'd while botting.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014

.....No one where I complain that I would be getting killed. No where did I complain about Spoils of War. That's why we have guardian scrolls, isn't it?
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014

And to those of you who "Love PvP" ... go to a PvP server! Why you would hang around on a PvE server where the action is minimal is beyond me.

many pvp'ers dont go to pve servers cuz they dont have the 'skill' of those that started on pwp servers to begin with imo so they 'beat up' on those they know they can kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014

NW and TW aside, I do not participate in any instances that are PvP enabled. I have come to accept TW, as lately we have fought against several factions that are very evenly matched to ours. That is definitely a lot more fun that either winning or losing in under 15 minutes.

I did NW long enough to get my weapon upgraded, and then I stopped. I never found it to be much fun ... and the fact that players are not randomly assigned nations means that OP 10-man squads can form before entering NW and basically lay waste to everything they meet. If EVERY player was randomly assigned a Nation and had to form a squad afterwards, I might feel a bit different about attending.

Another place I loathe PvP is in the Cube of Fate. Perhaps allowing red/white players to PK each other in the cube would be okay, but random sins popping out of stealth to stun and shred me (Blue named) while I am opening a chest in room 48 is not my definition of fun.

My blocked list is almost always full, and because of that, I spend most of my day with World Chat turned off because the bickering, name-calling and worse gets very annoying. And for the most part it is all because someone hates someone else because of some perceived wrong they have done most likely centered on PK. There are even players who use the PvP rules to deliberately scam newer players who want to learn PvP.

And, why I think PvP is basically dead as a style of play (on the PvE servers at least) is because when PWI added PvP mode to Secret Passage, all that the PK players did was camp the entrance and kill EVERYONE over level 30 who was Blue Named. It was disgusting behaviour, and ultimately PWI threatened bans to anyone who PKed in SP, and now I believe the PvP is again disabled in there.

Yet if PvP players wanted a place to practice PvP, SP would have been fine. All they had to do was get out of the central room and away from the main entrance and leave regular players alone. There are plenty of side rooms and halls that would give ample space to PK without being obnoxious to other players who did not want to be PKed on a **PVE** server.

In other games I have played were PK is an option, there are rules and etiquette that is completely lacking here. For example, not killing (and in some cases not even being able to attack) someone who is significantly lower level than you. If someone attacks you, no matter what level, you have the right to attack back, but you cannot instigate an attack on someone that is 10+ levels lower than you are.

That PWI allows and even condones Level 105 players to attack level 30 players is ridiculous, and exposes the true motive behind PWI's game design ... they want you to **** of others and be pissed off, because your anger and frustration will turn into sales as you pay to revamp your gear so you can get your revenge. Don't fall for it ... it's a trap!

In addition to the ideas above, for the last of my $0.02 worth: PWI should:

- Eliminate PKing Blue Named players in the Cube on PvE servers (excluding the PvP rooms perhaps, but even there players should have a 20 second invincibility when they enter so they can choose to fight or pay to leave.)

- Provide an area where new-to-PvP players can practice and learn without the threat of losing their possessions (fix the arena perhaps?)

- Ban players who engage in excessive "trash talk" in World Chat. A bit of horseplay is fine, but some days the vulgarity and vitriol is so vile as to constitute a crime if it were spoken face to face in a public place (freedom of speech does not permit you to make death threats against a person or their family, even in a game).

Too long, no one read. But tis why you're on a PvE server. Those of us that joined a PvP server signed up for it.. we know the risk (well.. some of us do) and that's WHY we came here.. the risk. To me it's no fun to play a MMO with no risk.. it's just not as fun. But when you can lose your stuff.. that adds fun to it. I've lost everything in the past and work to get it back.. that's fun to me. Sorry that you wanna be safe and blue name forever.. that's like just playing a single player game and loading a save state when things go bad... or using cheat codes.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    It was a joke about selling tickets to a show involving bots and bots getting hunted because of 2x. Not something about literally ticketing bots or sending tickets for being PK'd while botting.

I love you. I don't think I've told you that in a couple months.

Edit: But DAAAAAAAAAAMN woman. Stop removing posts that i'm wittily replying too QQ
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    I love you. I don't think I've told you that in a couple months.

Edit: But DAAAAAAAAAAMN woman. Stop removing posts that i'm wittily replying too QQ

Pfft. If I didn't remove those I'd have to remove the witty replies too! And then only the mods and GMs could laugh at them. b:sad
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    My post got deleted too? i was merely offering another player a challenge....so i kinda feel gipped but oh well. I love pvp and would honestly do it alot more if i could afford the better gear i really need...even though i do enjoy beating up r9rr players with my little t3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Pfft. If I didn't remove those I'd have to remove the witty replies too! And then only the mods and GMs could laugh at them. b:sad

b:sad My humour needs to be shared with all though b:cry
    My post got deleted too? i was merely offering another player a challenge....so i kinda feel gipped but oh well. I love pvp and would honestly do it alot more if i could afford the better gear i really need...even though i do enjoy beating up r9rr players with my little t3.

Unfortunately we've been replying to her so, we get the delete hammer too b:sad
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    Check your inbox. b:cute
    b:sad My humour needs to be shared with all though b:cry
    And that is why you must reserve it for stuff that doesn't need moderation. b:laugh
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    Check your inbox. b:cute

And that is why you must reserve it for stuff that doesn't need moderation. b:laugh

Okay :(.

Btw, what the HELL happened to our fox smilies on the forum? I've been robbed of my foxes b:angry
  • norax912892
    norax912892 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    still down !?!?!?
  • highliterrobot
    highliterrobot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Btw, what the HELL happened to our fox smilies on the forum? I've been robbed of my foxes b:angry

f:fan Still there. Problem is you can't see the link because of the forum theme change. Just hover your mouse over where the link used to be.
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    edited March 2014
    f:fan Still there. Problem is you can't see the link because of the forum theme change. Just hover your mouse over where the link used to be.

f:kneel Did that work D: There images are apparently no longer on the forum's backend according to all the ? I get when it loads that pop up.

Edit: Nope, they're gone D:
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Too long, no one read. But tis why you're on a PvE server. Those of us that joined a PvP server signed up for it.. we know the risk (well.. some of us do) and that's WHY we came here.. the risk. To me it's no fun to play a MMO with no risk.. it's just not as fun. But when you can lose your stuff.. that adds fun to it. I've lost everything in the past and work to get it back.. that's fun to me. Sorry that you wanna be safe and blue name forever.. that's like just playing a single player game and loading a save state when things go bad... or using cheat codes.

Since you did not read what I wrote, that would likely explain why you misunderstood so much of it.

To your points though:

- I am only talking about PvP on PvE servers. If you want to PvP and go to a PvP server, that seems like the totally right and logical thing to do. I am sure you have fun there and I would like all the people who want to PK would do the same. Your servers would have a lot more players and the PvE servers would have a lot fewer headaches.

- I still play with risk; it is just that my risk is limited. I lose EXP when I die, I lose coin when my gear is shredded by teams of mobs, I lose face when I fall of an edge (in EU say) and the squad has to reset. I just prefer my level of risk to yours. There is no right or wrong in either.

- You say you can lose stuff ... are you unaware of Safety Lock? People on my server set it to many hours and PvP all day long with no risk whatsoever of ever losing anything.

I disagree with your metaphor regarding save state/cheat codes. I play a style that involves cooperation with others and working towards common goals. While I concede that TW does involve PvP and also has teams working for common goals, I simply feel that random PK does not.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Lazaraes - Archosaur
    Lazaraes - Archosaur Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2014

Argh for some reason it keeps resetting me to my base profile. That was my post. f:horror
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited March 2014
    still down !?!?!?
    Yep. Minimum of an hour to go before we can commence raging at them for being late.

The link is there but invisible because of layout change. f:gone

The emotes themselves... well sometimes we couldn't see them before but I'll ask to see if they survived the layout being changed or if it nuked them. And I'll be very upset if the layout change nuked them.
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    It's ok, OPPossy I still love you. What server do you play?