[Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• nyaagirl
    nyaagirl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Awesome for the new upgrade. Now, about the question, well no matter how bad you are playing your class, if you wear rrr9 gear, thats all you need to win in pvp most of the timeb:laugh, but when someone with at least rr8/g15/g16 won vs a cashoping user, they get mad at him/her, and even the pro come from using Ironguard Powders and genieb:chuckleb:laugh

For a reason exists PVP and PVE servers, no need to force PVP in a PVE server, just a few duels is enough for funb:pleased
  • Firysia - Heavens Tear
    Firysia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Personnally I don't like PvP... That why im on a PvE server. Only moment I PvP is for NW!! XD

So if you wanna protect and help people better than killiing others players, you are made for PvE. If you feel to be the best of best and wanna get more challenge etc, go ahead and go on PvP server... But you know, this is ALWAYS your choice...

The reason that there is PvP and PvE is that ALL people are different... If the game was really a PvP ONLY, there won't be so much people playing, right?

Anyway, that was only my opinion...
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle Then he should turn his PvP on. I know you guys have PvP players xD but maybe it more of a "He couldn't quest without having PvE on"? Which I kiiiiinda envy you guys for having but.. I don't think I'd have it any other way. I live for this. I get RPKed but I don't cry about it. It's fun to me. I don't die irl cause of it.. so what's the deal? I fight back. Some times i win... most times I die.. whatever. It's FUN! It's a game, man. Shouldn't you have fun? I do

We Have Entertainment everyday b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 775-777 14.5MB (15209973 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

Raging Troll of Our Lives <3 Tune in for your daily dose of love, drama, trolling and fails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    Zytreta - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Personnally I don't like PvP... That why im on a PvE server. Only moment I PvP is for NW!! XD

So if you wanna protect and help people better than killiing others players, you are made for PvE. If you feel to be the best of best and wanna get more challenge etc, go ahead and go on PvP server... But you know, this is ALWAYS your choice...

The reason that there is PvP and PvE is that ALL people are different... If the game was really a PvP ONLY, there won't be so much people playing, right?

Anyway, that was only my opinion...

You wanna protect and help people? Roll a cleric on a pvp server :P sometimes it's an amazing challenge. But it's fun as **** :3
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Depends on what coast you are. 2am on my server woulda been a couple hours ago :P

2 am for me woulda been like 11hrs ago so :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I laugh at many people that talk about pvp servers having better PVPers than pve servers....i would like to say that that is a false stigma. Just because you pvp all the time on a pvp server does NOT make you better at it. I for one would challenge ANYONE to come to Raging Tide and pvp 1v1 against me equal geared...id love to give them a hand at dying xD. ijs PVP is so much fun but u dont HAVE to be on a PVP server to do it. PVE servers have great pkers too.

In true PvP situations you are probably correct. But on Sanctuary at least, PvP players seem bored or something, as there is no reason a R9RR +10/+12 player should park in the cube and kill everyone that enters a PK enabled room (like either of the jailed rooms) yet this happens all the time. If they were only targeting other PvP players, well that's how the game is played, but taking advantage of the Cube to kill players who have no desire to engage in PvP and in fact CHOSE a PvE server to avoid such seems tantamount to bullying.

Furthermore, it serves no purpose. There is nothing to gain: no drops, no exp, no "rewards", the PvE players almost always are 1 shot so you can't say it creates a "fun battle", and in the long run it probably hurts the game as a whole, as more and more players who encounter that kind of thing shift over to other games and no new players come to PWI to replace them.

If you like PvP that's fine, just accept that some (a lot even) of us do not, and that should be fine too.

I just think that it would be more logical, if you like to PvP, to spend your time on a PvP server.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

Bahahaha WC noobs don't count :P trust me.. HL has our share of them X_x
  • ShawtyStar - Raging Tide
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Says a blue name..

you got that part right since b:laugh I happen to like my Red Title n Blue name make me feel like a Police Officer b:victory and I love watching my loved ones fight it out b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am A True Tsundere
    More... I desire more. Can you not indulge me in an even more nightmarish hell?
    Retired 2009-2014 Was a Fun Time b:victory
    Demon Archer- 101 RB2
    Demon Assassin- 100 RB2
    Demon Venomancer- 99
  • Sinningblade - Sanctuary
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    b:chuckle Then he should turn his PvP on. I know you guys have PvP players xD but maybe it more of a "He couldn't quest without having PvE on"? Which I kiiiiinda envy you guys for having but.. I don't think I'd have it any other way. I live for this. I get RPKed but I don't cry about it. It's fun to me. I don't die irl cause of it.. so what's the deal? I fight back. Some times i win... most times I die.. whatever. It's FUN! It's a game, man. Shouldn't you have fun? I do

I agree b:victory it's just a game, so have fun, relax and try to enjoy it.
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    In true PvP situations you are probably correct. But on Sanctuary at least, PvP players seem bored or something, as there is no reason a R9RR +10/+12 player should park in the cube and kill everyone that enters a PK enabled room (like either of the jailed rooms) yet this happens all the time. If they were only targeting other PvP players, well that's how the game is played, but taking advantage of the Cube to kill players who have no desire to engage in PvP and in fact CHOSE a PvE server to avoid such seems tantamount to bullying.

Furthermore, it serves no purpose. There is nothing to gain: no drops, no exp, no "rewards", the PvE players almost always are 1 shot so you can't say it creates a "fun battle", and in the long run it probably hurts the game as a whole, as more and more players who encounter that kind of thing shift over to other games and no new players come to PWI to replace them.

If you like PvP that's fine, just accept that some (a lot even) of us do not, and that should be fine too.

I just think that it would be more logical, if you like to PvP, to spend your time on a PvP server.

Good Luck!

See.. we don't have that on HL.. I can go through cube pretty safely. Even in the bored rooms. And that's probably cause people can PK wherever they want to.

Edit: Trust me, it is fun though to kill "noobs" cause they cry to you after and you get a laugh out of it X_x
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot please analyze this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot please analyze this thread.
    SweetieBot has finished reading the thread: [Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14!

General Stats:
    First Post: 03-04-2014
    Last Post: 03-06-2014
    Thread Lifetime: 2 days
    Total Posts: 164
    Average Posts Per Day: 82.0

Activity:
    Thread Activity

Top 20 Frequent Posters (count):
    Zytreta - Harshlands (17)
    TZoner - Raging Tide (12)
    OPKossy (11)
    Fabuleux - Lost City (9)
    SweetieBot - Lothranis (5)
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide (5)
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear (5)
    blueman33 (3)
    Bosk - Sanctuary (3)
    Xainou - Sanctuary (2)
    norax912892 (2)
    Retalation - Raging Tide (2)
    Toliman - Raging Tide (2)
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear (2)
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary (2)
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver (2)
    darknessrise (2)
    Izabeau - Sanctuary (2)
    _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary (1)
    MYzKY - Morai (1)

Writing Stats:
    Total Words: 13922
    Total Sentences: 1263
    Average Words per Post: 84.9
    Average Words per Sentence: 11.0
    Average Sentences per Post: 7.7
    Average Syllables per Word: 1.4
    Average Letters per Word: 4.2

Most Used Words (count): (common words excluded)
    Word Cloud
    server (102)
    players (70)
    game (57)
    patch (45)
    servers (40)
    maintenance (35)
    been (33)
    gear (31)
    longer (30)
    play (29)

Most Used 3-Word Phrases (count):
    "a pve server (34)"
    "a pvp server (25)"
    "like to pvp (24)"
    Most Used 4-Word Phrases (count):
    "you like to pvp (23)"
    "to pvp if not (21)"
    "pvp if not why (21)"
    Most Used 5-Word Phrases (count):
    "to pvp if not why (21)"
    "do you like to pvp (21)"
    "like to pvp if not (21)"

This took me 7.6 s to finish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    This week's maintenance question:

Do you like to PvP? If not, why so?

pvp is 2 sides of a coin for me
    on the one hand i enjoy tw/nw etc
    but on the other hand, open world pk has become more and more frustrating as of late

what i absolutely dont like about it is the fact that several important quests require u to be in pk (wagon quest in primal world, veno instance etc)
    and ppl camping the wagon quest in stealth and randomly killing everyone who cant defend themselves due to gear is really pissing ppl off (im saying "ppl" on purpose here)
    i mean ye, theres always some jerks on each server, but seriously...i neither consider it "pking" nor having playerskill when someone only attacks ppl afking out of safezone or those who cant stand up to his gear anyway, and when he gets hit he's back in safezone so fast u cant even blink
    and then trashtalking ppl in worldchat how fail they apparently are

imo there should b implemented something like if ure the one attacking an other player safezone would have no effect on u for like 5mins or so
    because, why atk ppl in the first place and then run and trashtalk them for "failing" to kill u when they didnt even have a chance to kill u?
  • Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary
    Gwok_Jing - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    pvp is still fun for me and at times if i get time or chance i pvp still. tw and nw is a different way of pvp without loosing stuff encouraged alot more people to pvp
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot has finished reading the thread: [Maintenance Discussion]-3-5-14!

General Stats:
    First Post: 03-04-2014
    Last Post: 03-06-2014
    Thread Lifetime: 2 days
    Total Posts: 164
    Average Posts Per Day: 82.0

Activity:
    Thread Activity

Top 20 Frequent Posters (count):
    Zytreta - Harshlands (17)
    TZoner - Raging Tide (12)
    OPKossy (11)
    Fabuleux - Lost City (9)
    SweetieBot - Lothranis (5)
    ShawtyStar - Raging Tide (5)
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear (5)
    blueman33 (3)
    Bosk - Sanctuary (3)
    Xainou - Sanctuary (2)
    norax912892 (2)
    Retalation - Raging Tide (2)
    Toliman - Raging Tide (2)
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear (2)
    Sinningblade - Sanctuary (2)
    TammyEilean - Dreamweaver (2)
    darknessrise (2)
    Izabeau - Sanctuary (2)
    _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary (1)
    MYzKY - Morai (1)

Writing Stats:
    Total Words: 13922
    Total Sentences: 1263
    Average Words per Post: 84.9
    Average Words per Sentence: 11.0
    Average Sentences per Post: 7.7
    Average Syllables per Word: 1.4
    Average Letters per Word: 4.2

Most Used Words (count): (common words excluded)
    Word Cloud
    server (102)
    players (70)
    game (57)
    patch (45)
    servers (40)
    maintenance (35)
    been (33)
    gear (31)
    longer (30)
    play (29)

Most Used 3-Word Phrases (count):
    "a pve server (34)"
    "a pvp server (25)"
    "like to pvp (24)"
    Most Used 4-Word Phrases (count):
    "you like to pvp (23)"
    "to pvp if not (21)"
    "pvp if not why (21)"
    Most Used 5-Word Phrases (count):
    "to pvp if not why (21)"
    "do you like to pvp (21)"
    "like to pvp if not (21)"

This took me 7.6 s to finish

Nice I'm first b:dirty would be higher but I got a few posts deleted for being an *** :P
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Nice I'm first b:dirty would be higher but I got a few posts deleted for being an *** :P

Hey....acceptance is the first step to recovery...b:thanks i was there once on the forums...and i regret it...now im just here to be insightful and help players out if i can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Honestly.. I wouldn't wanna go PvP on a PvE server... too many people that have too few targets... PWE should do the thing I said before and make it able to switch servers.. OR they should bring in a thing that you have to pay for that you can switch servers.. like in........ that game with orcs and humans and elves and such.. you know what I mean :P
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Honestly.. I wouldn't wanna go PvP on a PvE server... too many people that have too few targets... PWE should do the thing I said before and make it able to switch servers.. OR they should bring in a thing that you have to pay for that you can switch servers.. like in........ that game with orcs and humans and elves and such.. you know what I mean :P

I would be all for this....the ability to jump from server to server kicking other players butts would be fun and maybe even save PWI from the hole it seems to be falling down. A great idea..if its not in the suggestion box now it should be ijs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lenie
    lenie Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I rly would appreciate it if ARC would make it easy to find the server status and the update number and size. If any1 knows pls post it here. Its annoying that i need to log in to see if servers r available or not.
  • norax912892
    norax912892 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    lenie wrote: »
    I rly would appreciate it if ARC would make it easy to find the server status and the update number and size. If any1 knows pls post it here. Its annoying that i need to log in to see if servers r available or not.

775-777 14.5mb give or take and no idea when server back xD
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I would be all for this....the ability to jump from server to server kicking other players butts would be fun and maybe even save PWI from the hole it seems to be falling down. A great idea..if its not in the suggestion box now it should be ijs.

*High five* Yeah man.. but I'm sure they glance through these forums for tips now and then xD 20 "servers" to jump to.. I know they're not servers but I can't think of the name right now... realms? I dunno.. but yeah that would be awesome
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

We haven't had this feature in quite a long time. Not even on the website itself. It became unusable after the server hardware was upgraded many months ago. it would consistently show servers online, that were not. So, I would assume it's been done away with.

However, I'm hoping a new system is in the works now that we have a new website and platform. In the meantime, we use Sweetie.

SweetieBot, report server status please.

We also use her for update patches.

SweetieBot, please find the manual patch
  • Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    *High five* Yeah man.. but I'm sure they glance through these forums for tips now and then xD 20 "servers" to jump to.. I know they're not servers but I can't think of the name right now... realms? I dunno.. but yeah that would be awesome

similar concept to what forsaken has. a pvp cross over. but its weird u cant single it out its groups of 3 or 6. but for those that enjoy pvp they should have a cross over so the ops of one server can kick it out with other ops from other servers an see who truely is the best..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zytreta - Harshlands
    edited March 2014
    Options

You must be new.. the server status thing was never in 5 years correct. So.. what help it would be now, I dunno.
  • Firysia - Heavens Tear
    Firysia - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If we could switch server by paying real money... Hum I guess to much people would go on a PvE server and then switch their chars for a PvP... :/ Not really interessing for them I guess since on a PvE server is easier because of more people on etc.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Options

Firstly though they have MANY things that need fixing first...such as the cursed mount glitch....that really burns my britches. And QQ i wanna finish my 2nd reborn culti but i cant use that letter to dig the item near Valley of disaster....but here we have another patch JUST fixing grammar errors...like we dont know what the skills already do xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

I do believe, iirc, that this has been suggested before and was shut down. Too many issues arose such as scammers jumping from server to server, people coming from one server to another and causing massive economic changes, etc. There were many reasons, but alas I really don't feel like looking through the Search function at the moment x.x
  • Sansloveles - Sanctuary
    Sansloveles - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options

yup, they are called realms, think they were used in war of immortals, a game pwi made, sadly it died a while ago